Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 22572 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 3280 viewsHooping_Mad

Marti's sub are making me question his suitability. Last season he set the tone and made good early subs when needed. This season his changes make us worse every time.

JCS should have been introduced at HT, the fact he didn't was unforgivable.

Went on to lose to the bottom side.

Nourry is so beyond his level it's just not funny.

If I were Ruben I would fly in this week and lay down some final written warnings. Then I would call Mark Warburton and apologise.
[Post edited 20 Oct 12:30]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Is this on Nourry? on 13:38 - Oct 20 with 3113 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 10:15 - Oct 20 by lassel

I’m always loath to disagree with an expert like yourself, but if you’re genuinely suggesting that Frey can play quick one touch football, lightning transitions and linking up play in the pockets then unfortunately I would have to conclude we are watching different sports, let alone different players.

He cares, he tries hard, he’s worked his balls off to upgrade his mobility from erosion to glacial melting but Cifuentes wouldn’t let him in the building, let alone be relying on him if he had his way. Cifuentes, and whoever replaces him is going to have both hands tied behind their back if their options are Frey or Celar as a lone striker.

I think you’re harsh on Frey. He was comfortably our best play yesterday and his touch and lay offs were very good, certainly for the first half. The ball stuck with him very well and technically he was sound.

He’s slow. That is obvious. But otherwise his all round game is miles better than Dykes and all the forwards we have had for some time.

Frey is far from the problem. If Cifuentes (or you) think he’s even remotely an issue then he/you are looking in completely the wrong place and can’t diagnose the problem.

The problem is centre of the pitch in terms of who plays with Field, our lack of physicality and tackling, the full backs, and the style we are attempting.
Is this on Nourry? on 13:46 - Oct 20 with 3076 viewsLogman

I think we need to stop binning off our strikers. Dykes, Armstrong, Frey, Celar, we are not going to get any better without any dosh. Frey is doing very well. I actually think Celar has got better but he's been in a no-win situation coming into games when we are down, there is desperation throughout the team and the oppositon are able to park the bus and waste time so that he gets next to no opportunities. Stop making mistakes at the back and the midfield three to hold and use the ball better. Those must be our immediate priorities.
[Post edited 20 Oct 13:46]
Is this on Nourry? on 14:04 - Oct 20 with 3032 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is this on Nourry? on 13:46 - Oct 20 by Logman

I think we need to stop binning off our strikers. Dykes, Armstrong, Frey, Celar, we are not going to get any better without any dosh. Frey is doing very well. I actually think Celar has got better but he's been in a no-win situation coming into games when we are down, there is desperation throughout the team and the oppositon are able to park the bus and waste time so that he gets next to no opportunities. Stop making mistakes at the back and the midfield three to hold and use the ball better. Those must be our immediate priorities.
[Post edited 20 Oct 13:46]

Good post here we are not able to out score our mistakes right now and once we fall behind we look lost.
A bit surprised Chair is getting let off the hook so easily he directly cost us at least a point and maybe the win with his missed chances.I know he is rusty but you dont forget how to play the game and his first breakaway should be ripped into the corner (watch Haaland ffs)and his second hammered home with his left foot
Fox was shocking he should have been taken off at the half and the game would have been so different he is just too slow and maybe might try booting the ball out on to the road next time.Its not the first time he has been caught out .
No clean sheet 2 or more goals given up its turning into a bit of a nightmare to be honest
Is this on Nourry? on 14:09 - Oct 20 with 3001 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 13:38 - Oct 20 by Hunterhoop

I think you’re harsh on Frey. He was comfortably our best play yesterday and his touch and lay offs were very good, certainly for the first half. The ball stuck with him very well and technically he was sound.

He’s slow. That is obvious. But otherwise his all round game is miles better than Dykes and all the forwards we have had for some time.

Frey is far from the problem. If Cifuentes (or you) think he’s even remotely an issue then he/you are looking in completely the wrong place and can’t diagnose the problem.

The problem is centre of the pitch in terms of who plays with Field, our lack of physicality and tackling, the full backs, and the style we are attempting.

I’m harsh on Frey because it depresses me how we have to play when he’s in the team and it depresses me that knowing exactly what Frey’s strengths and weaknesses are they went out and bought Celar who can’t play as a lone striker to be his competition. If everyone in the team cared and/or tried as much as Frey we’d be in a better place.

As I said in previous posts, im well aware that the biggest issue right now is the exact one it was for most of last year too - the centre of midfield leaks like a colander which puts even more pressure on the fragile defence and we have full backs that even if they were good enough for this level (which in my opinion they are not), Cifuentes doesn’t trust. In top of that when JCS isn’t available we will need to overly adjust the team as Dunne can’t play in a two.
Is this on Nourry? on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 2941 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 07:40 - Oct 20 by dmm

There seems to be a majority who see Nourry as largely responsible for where we are now. So, what's the solution?

In the past it has been easier to point the finger at a manager or Sir Les but with our current set up it's a little more shady. Nourry has said that, before joing us, he recommended Marti for the job and since arriving Nourry has led with his club ethos and football style.

Currently for me there should be question marks over everybody as we are in decline after the way we finished last season. But I am happy to give them all enough rope until next season to either succeed or hang themselves.

Will this work out well? No idea.

Would a new manager, within our budget, and all his assistants and coaches do any better? No idea.

But just for a change I am happier to stick with what we have but please don't ask me again at 10pm on Tuesday night!
Is this on Nourry? on 15:14 - Oct 20 with 2831 viewspaulhoop2

Nourry sat in the stands for 6 months before starting ! Watching everyone and everything

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Is this on Nourry? on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 2798 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 21:32 - Oct 19 by qprd

It’s on the idiot owners who were stupid enough to hire nourry in the first place

Ruben may be generous but his only accomplishment in life is being the sperm that beat all the other sperms

Playing with daddy’s money and never had to learn to be successful

Has repeatedly got rinsed over and over again by chancers ans frauds. Compare that to any other owner whose actually done something to earn their money

Imagine paying loads for football consultants only to have a 25 yr old thrown in front of you…. And then hiring that guy to run the club

When parents die they leave their businesses to their children. You and I have no idea of Rubens acomplishments, what he has learnt or achieved.

He, Ruben, has been in charge for around five years. Before that it was Tony Fernandes who blew a ton of his own money and all of the clubs money, Premier League revenue, parachute payments etc and broke the Profit and Sustainabilty regulations. He signed Paulo César, Rio Ferdinard, Ji-sung Park etc, not the manager.

Ruben never set out to be a football club owner but was left in this position when Fernandes legged it. Instead of slaughtering the man offer some advice, some solutions. He isn't a football man so who should he seek advice from? I don't know but wouldn't be suprised if Warnock was a confidante.

Nourry's appointment would have been agreed by Ruben, Amit, Lee Hoos and Richard Reilly.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 19:45 - Oct 20 with 2534 viewsGaryHaddock

Is this on Nourry? on 15:18 - Oct 20 by rbee

When parents die they leave their businesses to their children. You and I have no idea of Rubens acomplishments, what he has learnt or achieved.

He, Ruben, has been in charge for around five years. Before that it was Tony Fernandes who blew a ton of his own money and all of the clubs money, Premier League revenue, parachute payments etc and broke the Profit and Sustainabilty regulations. He signed Paulo César, Rio Ferdinard, Ji-sung Park etc, not the manager.

Ruben never set out to be a football club owner but was left in this position when Fernandes legged it. Instead of slaughtering the man offer some advice, some solutions. He isn't a football man so who should he seek advice from? I don't know but wouldn't be suprised if Warnock was a confidante.

Nourry's appointment would have been agreed by Ruben, Amit, Lee Hoos and Richard Reilly.

Not diminishing the amount of money they put in, but Tune Group made a shit ton from their exposure to the Malaysian / SE Asian TV market through the Premiership.

It wasn’t a completely selfless act let’s put it that way.
Is this on Nourry? on 22:18 - Oct 20 with 2308 viewsrbee

The Tune Group is Fernandes.
Is this on Nourry? on 22:51 - Oct 20 with 2179 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is this on Nourry? on 12:28 - Oct 20 by Hooping_Mad

Marti's sub are making me question his suitability. Last season he set the tone and made good early subs when needed. This season his changes make us worse every time.

If I were Ruben I would fly in this week and lay down some final written warnings. Then I would call Mark Warburton and apologise.

Very mixed feelings as I have about Warburton, I've heard crazier suggestions. Where for the love of the absent G-d is the f*cking leadership in all of this?

Poll: How many points will we take from our next 3 games (S'land H, M'bro H, Leeds A)?

Is this on Nourry? on 07:37 - Oct 21 with 1955 viewsPunteR

Whats happened to Anderson btw?
I thought he was class last season, but he's now fading into obscurity, getting the ball taken off him with relative ease.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this on Nourry? on 07:42 - Oct 21 with 1946 viewsPunteR

I dont really get the Saito signing either. Good little player but he's basically Chair, so offers nothing different. Take Frey out of our attack line up and our average height is about 5'2".
Like a load of Hobbits running around.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this on Nourry? on 10:11 - Oct 21 with 1789 viewsOldPedro

Is this on Nourry? on 07:42 - Oct 21 by PunteR

I dont really get the Saito signing either. Good little player but he's basically Chair, so offers nothing different. Take Frey out of our attack line up and our average height is about 5'2".
Like a load of Hobbits running around.

I think that the club see Saito as a replacement for Chair - either they expected to sell Chair in the last transfer window or they expect to sell him in Jan. Maybe Chair's injury stopped him being sold at the end of the last transfer window.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Is this on Nourry? on 10:33 - Oct 21 with 1727 viewswombat

Is this on Nourry? on 12:28 - Oct 20 by Hooping_Mad

Ruben and his family were at the game on sat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is this on Nourry? on 10:45 - Oct 21 with 1673 viewswombat

Is this on Nourry? on 10:11 - Oct 21 by OldPedro

I think that the club see Saito as a replacement for Chair - either they expected to sell Chair in the last transfer window or they expect to sell him in Jan. Maybe Chair's injury stopped him being sold at the end of the last transfer window.

im expecting chair and clark salter gone in jan , which is why they extended clark salters contract recently to push the price up , issue will be nobdy is paying top money for players from a club in the bottom 3 of the league

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is this on Nourry? on 10:51 - Oct 21 with 1655 viewsStainrod

Nourry must take primary responsibility for recruitment. Some of those signings were actually pretty good such as Nardi, Dembele, Saito. But Madsen the worst signing since Ned Zellic and highlights a major flaw in our recruitment strategy - statistics are the starting point, but fairly meaningless if you don't factor in that he played in a much less physical league.

Marti must take responsibility for motivation. While he was incredibly lucky last season with injuries he has been equally unlucky this. But ever since pre-season there has been a torpor, a lazy complacency which has quickly morphed into resignation and despair. Many thought he would "get a reaction" during the international break, but he hasn't. Injuries aside, he has made some odd selections. Ashby would not be anywhere near my team, and I would play almost anyone above Madsen. He needs to find players with cajones. My question to Marti is: are you telling players this, or are your training sessions still all about passing out from the back and tippy tappy?

Marti needs to select the hardest nuts he has available and hope that gets us through to Jan.

Then Nourry needs to eat some humble pie, risk our FFP budget, and bring in Hayden Jan 1. Then we at least stand a chance of surviving.
Is this on Nourry? on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 1606 viewscorse

Is this on Nourry? on 10:11 - Oct 21 by OldPedro

This is the reason why we do have three midgets on the pitch.
[Post edited 21 Oct 11:10]
Is this on Nourry? on 11:46 - Oct 21 with 1485 viewsGaryHaddock

That escalated quickly.
Is this on Nourry? on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 1099 viewsdaveB

In answer to the original question the answer should be obvious.

The Blame lies with the person/people who sacked Neil Warnock and brought in a manager who took our wage bill to one of the highest in Europe at a time when FFP rules were coming to make that impossible to to work

the blame lies with the person/people who made the decision to hire a manager in Harry Redknapp who loves big names and spending big money on players we can't afford and did exactly that then being in a position where we have lots of very expensive players we can't afford who are not very good

The Blame lies with the person/people who went from that extreme to saying we want to play the youth team and threw away any hope of staying up to try and develop our own players despite our own players not being very good and when hiring a DOF to implement that model then get excited every time we won a few games and throw that back out of the window signing more expensive players we can't afford expecting promotion

The Blame lies with the person/people wo after several difficult years got the club back on its feet and challenging in the top half and shit the bed to sack Warburton and got seduced by a conman in Mick Beale

The Blame lies with the person/people who thought it would be a good idea to bring in a 27 year old consultant and give him the keys to the place and run the entire club with no experience whatsoever, just a lot of impressive buzz words about data and performance

The problem has been the same for 14 years now, the names change, you can blame Hoos, Beard, Ferdinand, Ramsey, Nourry, Belk and all of those have made mistakes but the owners are clueless yet the most bloody frustrating thing of all is that without them paying the bills we'd go out of business so we just keep bumbling along from one disaster to the next.
Is this on Nourry? on 16:41 - Oct 21 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

It's vote of confidence time.

And some classic Dave Mc saying something without actually saying it lines...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-has-full-support-of-qpr-hi
Is this on Nourry? on 16:51 - Oct 21 with 1007 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 16:41 - Oct 21 by Northernr

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-has-full-support-of-qpr-hi

The word “diplomatically”?
Is this on Nourry? on 17:01 - Oct 21 with 939 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 16:41 - Oct 21 by Northernr

I have Sunderland in the sweepstake for him going and lord only knows what the next guy looks like.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:05 - Oct 21 with 905 viewsrbee

daveB, with you on the first few paragraphs although I will say again that It was mainly Fernandes that hiked the wage bill not Hughes who didn't want Cesar, Rio, Park etc

Fernandes is and will always be the arch villain.

Les Ferdinand I believe fell out with Warburton and recommended Beale to the board.

So now we come to Ruben who was left holding the baby after Fernandes decided football wasn't for him after all. Until such times someone ITK tells me otherwise I will defend Ruben.

Ruben isn't a football man so has to listen to the advice of those who are and his fellow directors. That is it in a nutshell. He invited other investors to buy in to the club but other than Richard Reilly nobody thus far is interested.

No doubt weary of the advice he has been receiving getting both him and the club nowhere he decided to bring in some fresh eyes in the form of the consultancy and as we know ended up recruiting Nourry. In the January transfer window Nourry was excellent, in the summer transfer window it seems not so excellent which you would assume he has taken on board and will rectify.

Again, I invite you and anyone else to say what would you do in Ruben's position? I will admit that after watching and enjoying football for nearly sixty years I would not have a clue! I probably would never have thought a little outside of the box and brought in a consultancy.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:08 - Oct 21 with 883 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 17:05 - Oct 21 by rbee

daveB, with you on the first few paragraphs although I will say again that It was mainly Fernandes that hiked the wage bill not Hughes who didn't want Cesar, Rio, Park etc

Fernandes is and will always be the arch villain.

Les Ferdinand I believe fell out with Warburton and recommended Beale to the board.

So now we come to Ruben who was left holding the baby after Fernandes decided football wasn't for him after all. Until such times someone ITK tells me otherwise I will defend Ruben.

Ruben isn't a football man so has to listen to the advice of those who are and his fellow directors. That is it in a nutshell. He invited other investors to buy in to the club but other than Richard Reilly nobody thus far is interested.

No doubt weary of the advice he has been receiving getting both him and the club nowhere he decided to bring in some fresh eyes in the form of the consultancy and as we know ended up recruiting Nourry. In the January transfer window Nourry was excellent, in the summer transfer window it seems not so excellent which you would assume he has taken on board and will rectify.

Again, I invite you and anyone else to say what would you do in Ruben's position? I will admit that after watching and enjoying football for nearly sixty years I would not have a clue! I probably would never have thought a little outside of the box and brought in a consultancy.

Ruben let Amit Bhatia persuade him to appoint Ainsworth, against Ferdinand’s judgement who was clear he didn’t agree with the appointment. When they doubled down the summer and Ely Ainsworth sign who he wanted with what little budget we had, Ferdinand walked.

How has Ruben not messed up there?

How is appointing a 26 year old consultant as CEO not highly questionable?

Not saying he is soley to blame, far from it.

I just think our owners are benevolent fools.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024