Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tour of scotland..... 20:49 - Oct 17 with 2400 viewsqpr_1968

by car....
anyone done it...

west coast to the east, and down through england.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

tour of scotland..... on 10:53 - Oct 19 with 381 viewsdmm

Mrs dmm recently walked from Iona to Lindisfarne. Walking 12 to 15 miles a day, it took her almost 4 weeks with a couple of rest days. She loved it. As a Scotsman, I decided to remain in London!
tour of scotland..... on 11:09 - Oct 19 with 372 viewsrichles

Move to Scotland 38 years ago from south London . The wife persuaded me to go she is from Perth. West coast 500 is brilliant and midge free this time of year . The summer time it’s midge hell 🤣 . What I would say is once pass Glasgow the pace slows right down people just laid back . Glasgow is a good crack and most are friendly , Edinburgh personally don’t like it people not that great. There is a place called Glenelg now there is not much there but if you get the chance take the road to the end and a place call Corran it’s where the road ends . Once there a 2 min walk there is Sheena’s tea hut with amazing food and fantastic views. Inverness ok but not a great deal in the town now but plenty to visit out side . Coming down the way stop off at Pitlochry very nice town . Then down to Dunkeld another great small town but can be busy. Now if in Perthshire there is multiple Mountains that are easy enough to climb but also some that should be avoided. Now if your coming to Scotland and like your golf don’t forget your clubs so many courses and winter tee prices make it a steal 😉 Plenty more info I can give you if needed 👍

perth lsa

tour of scotland..... on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 347 viewshubble

If it's not too far from your plan, I can highly recommend Iona. It's a stunning little island, steeped in history, surrounded by white sand beaches, and the journey to get there, on the ferry from Oban, and then across the Isle Of Mull, is fabulous.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

tour of scotland..... on 21:10 - Oct 19 with 218 viewsSunnyVanGo

Moved to Scotland in 97 to avoid stuff.
Found plenty here. Found a home.
If I start to unpack it, I won’t stop.

Only one thing I will say though - North Coast 500: consider the locals as its popularity out performs its infrastructure. Consider choosing a place and enjoy it slowly (on the route) or elsewhere rather than rack up miles of whizzing glimpses.
Slow down and feel a place.

Of course, after the sermon, and in the spirit of self-determination… do what you like to love life. ❤️
tour of scotland..... on 07:42 - Oct 20 with 134 viewsMalintabuk

MinT is a fine Perthshire lass and most of the family are still up there, so we go up often... perhaps now mum as passed over, it might not be as often.
Wherever you stay or do, you will never be more than a stones throw from something beautiful or spectacular... it really is
As said the West Coast is stunning and up through Tongue and Mais to John O Groats is wonderful Then hop across to Orkney, get a picture of the Kyber Pass lol.
The people are great, we stayed in a small village just a few weeks back for a family wedding, Bridge of Earn, and we went out for a walk, everyone, without exception, bid us a good morning...
Great place, great people, you will love it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024