Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1984 and all that 17:48 - Oct 8 with 2463 viewssaint901

I've recently been contacted by a prospective client who wants to relocate to the UK from Canada because he fears that new laws there amount to the Gov't, via the police, being able to arrest him (and anybody else) merely for thinking about making derogatory comments about race, gender, politics, etc.

Should I take him on ?
1984 and all that on 17:56 - Oct 8 with 2434 viewsButty101

Ask Saint 22, he’s a big shot businessman

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

1984 and all that on 18:32 - Oct 8 with 2392 viewsgreen

Thought this was going to be a thread about our FA Cup 4th round victory in 1984
1984 and all that on 18:44 - Oct 8 with 2366 viewsSpitMk9

Speaking as a dual British/Canadian citizen - your prospective client hasn't a clue what he/she is talking about. SMH.
1984 and all that on 18:50 - Oct 8 with 2356 viewsgrumpy

1984 and all that on 18:32 - Oct 8 by green

Thought this was going to be a thread about our FA Cup 4th round victory in 1984

Same Here
1984 and all that on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 2245 viewskingslandstand1

1984 and all that on 18:32 - Oct 8 by green

And me as well as finishing runners up to the red side of Liverpool by just 3 (?) points!

Those were the days ............
1984 and all that on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 2216 viewsgrumpy

1984 and all that on 20:28 - Oct 8 by kingslandstand1

And me as well as finishing runners up to the red side of Liverpool by just 3 (?) points!

Those were the days ............

Not forgetting

1984 and all that on 22:56 - Oct 8 with 2092 viewsfranniesTache

Just tell him England is fine but Adrian heath is a c*nt
1984 and all that on 04:22 - Oct 9 with 1996 viewsJellybaby

No! No offence 901 but you are not going to be a good fit for him, besides if he wants to escape the fascist state of Canada, then UK, that recently charged a woman for praying in her head outside an abortion clinic and jailed another for a facebook post is not far behind in terms of totalitarianism.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

1984 and all that on 08:15 - Oct 10 with 1698 viewskentsouthampton

Anyone who harasses women outside of any clinical setting deserves everything they get, ditto anyone who thinks it a bright idea to promote the burning down of hotels.
1984 and all that on 08:32 - Oct 10 with 1670 viewsJellybaby

1984 and all that on 08:15 - Oct 10 by kentsouthampton

Anyone who harasses women outside of any clinical setting deserves everything they get, ditto anyone who thinks it a bright idea to promote the burning down of hotels.

Someone who prays silently in their head deserves everything they get - A fine, a prison sentence, put in the stocks? What does someone who kills a defenceless unborn child deserve?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

1984 and all that on 16:48 - Oct 12 with 1283 viewskentsouthampton

1984 and all that on 08:32 - Oct 10 by Jellybaby

Someone who prays silently in their head deserves everything they get - A fine, a prison sentence, put in the stocks? What does someone who kills a defenceless unborn child deserve?

So a twelve year old girl who gets raped by her father should keep the baby because sanctimonious pricks like you say so?
Or a woman who's complications means she would die or a woman carrying a dead baby, WTF is wrong with you.
1984 and all that on 08:23 - Oct 13 with 1091 viewsJellybaby

1984 and all that on 16:48 - Oct 12 by kentsouthampton

So a twelve year old girl who gets raped by her father should keep the baby because sanctimonious pricks like you say so?
Or a woman who's complications means she would die or a woman carrying a dead baby, WTF is wrong with you.

There are some extreme exceptions, where abortion is preferable, where the mother’s life is at stake and when the child is already dead, but each year worldwide abortion is easily the biggest cause of death for example in 2022, 44 million deaths (about 40% of all deaths) compared to cancer 8 million deaths. When a society is routinely killing its most vulnerable members of society it is in trouble.

Killing a baby outside the womb is legally murder, killing a baby inside the womb is apparently ok, if you want to try and explain the logic then please do?

1984 and all that on 13:27 - Oct 13 with 998 viewskentsouthampton

1984 and all that on 08:23 - Oct 13 by Jellybaby

There are some extreme exceptions, where abortion is preferable, where the mother’s life is at stake and when the child is already dead, but each year worldwide abortion is easily the biggest cause of death for example in 2022, 44 million deaths (about 40% of all deaths) compared to cancer 8 million deaths. When a society is routinely killing its most vulnerable members of society it is in trouble.

Killing a baby outside the womb is legally murder, killing a baby inside the womb is apparently ok, if you want to try and explain the logic then please do?

So you're one of those misogynistic arseholes who want to dictate to women what they do with their own bodies, nice one.
[Post edited 13 Oct 13:28]
1984 and all that on 17:11 - Oct 13 with 932 viewsJellybaby

1984 and all that on 13:27 - Oct 13 by kentsouthampton

So you're one of those misogynistic arseholes who want to dictate to women what they do with their own bodies, nice one.
[Post edited 13 Oct 13:28]

No, I'm championing the lives of the unborn of which 50 per cent would have been female. You don't sound like much of an advocate for women, if you are happy for 20 million females a year to have their lives snuffed out right at the start.

1984 and all that on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 224 viewssaint901

Can I ask Mr J, when do you consider that an "unborn" has a "life"?

Many of the more enlightened "liberal" societies based this on when a baby might be viable if born. Whilst this can vary in different countries, some will say that this is up to 20/22 weeks.

Some US states following the demolition of Rowe v Wade will allow abortion up to 6 weeks and not after that.

Some US states of course have banned abortion, meaning that women travel elsewhere for the procedure if that is their choice.

So is your stance to protect the rights of he unborn once they are viable births or earlier?

(Worth noting a survey at a recent Trump rally in which over half those questioned said that they believed California allowed the killing of a baby from an unwanted pregnancy could be carried out up to two weeks AFTER birth. IN other words that state law allowed murder of a living person. They believed this because certain individuals in the US Republican party had said it and would not rescind even when shown the appropriate law)
1984 and all that on 16:46 - Oct 24 with 202 viewsDorsetIan

Should you take him on?

It's a definitely 'no' from me.

Steer clear of nutty clients is my advice. It's only a matter of time before they turn on you. I'm sure you're not that desperate for the work!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

1984 and all that on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 175 viewssaint901

The client is I think beginning to see that the UK authorities are at least as "dangerous" as those in Canada and is apparently reconsidering his choice of new abode.

He is also considerably miffed that if he arrives in the UK with a very large sum of money he will be a) unable to use Can$ to buy his groceries in the supermarket and b) will be "at the mercy" of the banks in terms of exchange rate.

(He has a view that the Can$ is worth more than the roughly 50p the UK banks will give him for it and is frustrated that they are not persuaded by economic analysis despite having exactly NO QUALIFICATIONS in economics).

I'm hoping the problem will resolve itself.

If not, my next move is to quote him a huge fee and hope he looks elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024