Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Onuachu yesterday 21:29 - Oct 6 with 2433 viewssaintwizzler

This showcases what Paul can do!
Are you watching RUSSELL MARTIN!?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Front two for WHU game?

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 22:27 - Oct 6 with 2322 viewsgrumpy

What worries me is I am not sure Martin knows how to use him and will sub him(if he starts) too soon.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 08:21 - Oct 7 with 2089 viewsfelly1

It's baffled me that we spent about 18m on Tall Paul and virtually never played him.
Lots of fan wrote him off based on his few cameo appearances.
Classic Saints recruitment really.
Maybe he'll be not much cop but surely he deserves a run of games so we can find out.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 09:07 - Oct 7 with 2017 viewsButty101

Looked good in those few clips. Held the ball up nicely and laid it off.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 09:09 - Oct 7 with 2008 viewsgrumpy

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 08:21 - Oct 7 by felly1

It's baffled me that we spent about 18m on Tall Paul and virtually never played him.
Maybe he'll be not much cop but surely he deserves a run of games so we can find out.

My thoughts exactly.
Give him a run of games and we will find out.
Don't give him a few minutes in the second half when we are losing or even start him and pull him off if he hasn't scored and most important off all play the ball to him when he is in the oppositions half.
Give him a chance,if it doesn't work out so be it at least we will know.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 09:48 - Oct 7 with 1886 viewsCity_boy

He certainly made an effort and showed some nice touches and movement.

I would like to see him be given a chance. My fear is that he would be left up front on his own, with no service while we mess around in the middle and back.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 10:28 - Oct 7 with 1796 viewsgrumpy

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 09:48 - Oct 7 by City_boy

He certainly made an effort and showed some nice touches and movement.

I would like to see him be given a chance. My fear is that he would be left up front on his own, with no service while we mess around in the middle and back.

'no service while we mess around in the middle and back'
My worry too,I don't trust this manager.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 10:36 - Oct 7 with 1781 viewsIfonly

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 10:28 - Oct 7 by grumpy

'no service while we mess around in the middle and back'
My worry too,I don't trust this manager.

Agreed. It's not in RM's style to make use of Tall Paul.

I'd like to see him played as part of a striker partnership with Archer. I think they'd complement each other. Paul can be a focal point and Archer likes to run in behind. But that would probably require a traditional 442 and getting crosses into the box, which isn't trendy enough for Russell.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 14:05 - Oct 7 with 1629 viewsBridders2

' getting crosses into the box, which isn't trendy enough for Russell'

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:09 - Oct 7 with 1529 viewsStAnt

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 14:05 - Oct 7 by Bridders2

' getting crosses into the box, which isn't trendy enough for Russell'

Well not as a deliberate ploy when playing a tall centre forward. However, when we play a front line of midgets for reasons best known to Russ we punt a series of hopeful high crosses into the box. Bonkers!
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:28 - Oct 7 with 1520 viewsSaintNick

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 08:21 - Oct 7 by felly1

Tall Paul played 11 times in the Premier League when we signed him, 4 in the starting line up and 7 as sub, totalling 405 minutes so not really a cameo role, during that time I can remember just two chances, one a header that went narrowly wide at Chelsea and the other a header that hit the bar at West ham.

He didn't get more chances because he was doing nothing in the games he played in, he wasn't alone in that the team was collapsing around him

I hope he comes in and does well, if he does will we then hail Sport Republics transfer nous, I hope so, I truly hope that he does well and starts scoring

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:45 - Oct 7 with 1507 viewsCity_boy

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:28 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

Tall Paul played 11 times in the Premier League when we signed him, 4 in the starting line up and 7 as sub, totalling 405 minutes so not really a cameo role, during that time I can remember just two chances, one a header that went narrowly wide at Chelsea and the other a header that hit the bar at West ham.

He didn't get more chances because he was doing nothing in the games he played in, he wasn't alone in that the team was collapsing around him

I hope he comes in and does well, if he does will we then hail Sport Republics transfer nous, I hope so, I truly hope that he does well and starts scoring

I agree his stats are not brilliant based on game time to date. However, I don't recall him getting any sort of service in the games he played and we didn't;t play to his strengths. We could have had Haarland up front and it wouldn't have made any difference given how we set up and play.

it's not as if he is going to take the place of an inform striker, so I hope he does get a chance.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:34 - Oct 7 with 1453 viewsgrumpy

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:45 - Oct 7 by City_boy

I agree his stats are not brilliant based on game time to date. However, I don't recall him getting any sort of service in the games he played and we didn't;t play to his strengths. We could have had Haarland up front and it wouldn't have made any difference given how we set up and play.

it's not as if he is going to take the place of an inform striker, so I hope he does get a chance.

Paul joined at a very difficult time,under 2 very poor managers.
No one knows how he will fare but he should be given time.
What would help if the fans really supported him and gave him the confidence to put himself about.
I would like him partner Archer or Armstrong in a 4 4 2 .
What worries me is who is going to put balls into those front 2.
Perhaps Fernandes is the answer?
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:38 - Oct 7 with 1449 viewsSaintNick

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:34 - Oct 7 by grumpy

Paul joined at a very difficult time,under 2 very poor managers.
No one knows how he will fare but he should be given time.
What would help if the fans really supported him and gave him the confidence to put himself about.
I would like him partner Archer or Armstrong in a 4 4 2 .
What worries me is who is going to put balls into those front 2.
Perhaps Fernandes is the answer?

I totally agree with you he needs to have a chance, Archer showed how he can be quick and finish balls when played through to him, but I don't think Tall Paul is that sort of player, he needs the ball played to him in the box where he can use his height and strength

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:46 - Oct 7 with 1438 viewsgrumpy

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:38 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

I totally agree with you he needs to have a chance, Archer showed how he can be quick and finish balls when played through to him, but I don't think Tall Paul is that sort of player, he needs the ball played to him in the box where he can use his height and strength

Combination of the two may work but has to given time. Good partnerships don’t happen overnight tho.Defenders don’t feel comfortable when there is a big striker in their box and he may help at corners at both ends.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:58 - Oct 7 with 1426 viewskernow

I’m old fashioned and make no apologies for that. Two strikers, a big fella and a goal hanging whippet to give them something to think about. Personally I’m fed up with all this high block, low block nonsense. Saints have always been an attack minded side and have always entertained, win or lose. At the moment they’re painful to watch.
Paul Onuachu yesterday on 22:22 - Oct 7 with 1296 viewsdirk_doone

I remember the brilliant Agustin Delgado cameo vs Arsenal. He had all the skills, was a great goalscorer in South America and even won the Copa Libertadores.

What a legend he was:

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/world-cup-legends-agustin-delgado

Those were the days:

[Post edited 7 Oct 22:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 23:05 - Oct 7 with 1246 viewsPatfromPoole

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:58 - Oct 7 by kernow

I’m old fashioned and make no apologies for that. Two strikers, a big fella and a goal hanging whippet to give them something to think about. Personally I’m fed up with all this high block, low block nonsense. Saints have always been an attack minded side and have always entertained, win or lose. At the moment they’re painful to watch.

Seconded.

Just bloody go for it and give oppo teams something to think about.

At the moment, we are the nicest team to play against for the whole of the Prem, and it just enrages me.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 17:40 - Oct 8 with 1008 viewsBerber

Paul Onuachu yesterday on 16:28 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

405 minutes is three and a half games. I would say that is tantamount to cameo appearances. Mind you, it is much more than Stewart.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024