Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why RM teams concede so many goals 19:58 - Oct 6 with 1474 viewsIfonly

We all learnt this about RM's style a long time ago, but it's clear that he never wants to learn. Just watched last night's MOTD and they had a graphic showing the worst teams for "Possession lost in defensive third". Of course we were the worst of the worst and that is the key reason why RM teams concede so many.

I just think it's so ironic that RM's style of play is supposed to maximise possession, but actually what it ends up doing is losing possession in the most dangerous area of the pitch. Yesterday we gave away 2 goals by losing possession near our goal and we were lucky not to give away more before the game had hardly started.

RM claims this style gets us more goals than it gives away, but I think if you look at goals for and against in the PL you'll see that this is total BS. He just doesn't want to deal with the truth.
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 1455 viewsTripleNiemi

Isn’t it all down to the keeper??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 21:27 - Oct 6 with 1326 viewsSaintcole7

PL or Championship, it's the same, unless your so superior with the players you have this will never work, we struggled last year against absolute sh*t because we are not good enough at the possession at the back game and this was not improved by our summer signings. For a club with our financial clout this is not the tactic we need to win games of football, wake up RM!
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 00:23 - Oct 7 with 1215 viewsSpitMk9

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 20:02 - Oct 6 by TripleNiemi

Absolutely NOT. He does remarkably well considering who he has in front of him and the style they're being forced to play.
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 09:32 - Oct 7 with 968 viewsCity_boy

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 20:02 - Oct 6 by TripleNiemi

Nice try, but wasted on some !
Not everyone though, I am sure he will be back later after school has finished.

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 09:46 - Oct 7 with 937 viewskingslandstand1

I've just heard another sound bite from him following the game -

"I told the players if we're going to lose we're going to lose our way and they are all with it!

FFS. How about maybe adapt that style of play then as it's not going very well at the moment is it Russell! One point out of 21 absolutely smacks of an arrogance and stubborn attitude that gets you nowhere. The idea of the game is to WIN, not accept that "our way" will work although it doesn't matter if we do lose.

As McCoist said after that soundbite on Talksport, it may work in the Championship, but it's a lot harder in the Premiership without the right players!
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 09:47 - Oct 7 with 934 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 reasons we concede so many goals.

1. Basics
2. Basics
3. Basics

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 11:20 - Oct 7 with 873 viewsIfonly

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 09:47 - Oct 7 by PatfromPoole

Top 3 reasons we concede so many goals.

1. Basics
2. Basics
3. Basics

Trouble is different managers have different basics. For RM, playing out from the back, even in highly dangerous circumstances IS THE BASICS. It's fundamental to how he wants to play. In fact, the more dangerous the better because that means we bypass more opposition players if we break their press. He insists that we just need to be brave and it will all come good, but most people can see that he has crossed the line between bravery and stupidity.
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 11:56 - Oct 7 with 824 viewskingslandstand1

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 00:23 - Oct 7 by SpitMk9

Absolutely NOT. He does remarkably well considering who he has in front of him and the style they're being forced to play.

I think you missed the thread started by SaintMark1976 on Saturday re Ramsdale. That may just explain Triple's comment
Login to get fewer ads

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 13:50 - Oct 7 with 742 viewsBridders2

I don't think RM is able to change it, he doesn't know anything else. He's played his possession football at 3 clubs now and stuck with it, unfortunately it's ALL he knows, he's a one trick pony.
All the clubs that play out from the back do it in the safest way possible and move it up the field quickly.....
Not our Russ, keep it slow and pass it back again.
Why RM teams concede so many goals on 13:57 - Oct 7 with 715 viewsPatfromPoole

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 13:50 - Oct 7 by Bridders2

I don't think RM is able to change it, he doesn't know anything else. He's played his possession football at 3 clubs now and stuck with it, unfortunately it's ALL he knows, he's a one trick pony.
All the clubs that play out from the back do it in the safest way possible and move it up the field quickly.....
Not our Russ, keep it slow and pass it back again.

I fear you are right.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 15:56 - Oct 7 with 649 viewsTripleNiemi

Why RM teams concede so many goals on 09:32 - Oct 7 by City_boy

Nice try, but wasted on some !
Not everyone though, I am sure he will be back later after school has finished.

Apologies to anyone that missed another thread, my response about the keeper was very much tongue in cheek.
[Post edited 7 Oct 15:57]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024