Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottom 3 21:38 - Oct 2 with 5305 viewsMyke

Only one point from our spiritual home of 16th, I know, but certainly not the start we envisioned . 4-0 shellacking of Leeds seems a lifetime ago. Hopefully Chair's return to full fitness, will provide us with the spark we need to get moving in the right direction.
Bottom 3 on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 4229 viewsbosh67

Yes a bit of a stark reminder that we have a lot to do but one win from mid table again (pretty much). I think being in the bottom 3 may be a wake up call for the players to start really getting their act together.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bottom 3 on 22:46 - Oct 2 with 4208 viewsLogman

I think we are just counting the cost of trying to get 6 new players in and comfortable. Feeling confident and comfortable takes time and Nardi, Santos, Madsen, Saito, Dembele and Celar need 2 -3 months of being in and amongst the team.
Bottom 3 on 23:10 - Oct 2 with 4103 viewsted_hendrix

We're where we deserve to be, no ifs or buts about It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bottom 3 on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 4072 viewsconnell10

Bottom 3 on 23:10 - Oct 2 by ted_hendrix

Totally agree mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bottom 3 on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 4057 viewsbosh67

Bottom 3 on 23:10 - Oct 2 by ted_hendrix

Agreed and now we have to find a way out of it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bottom 3 on 00:11 - Oct 3 with 3849 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bottom 3 on 22:46 - Oct 2 by Logman

I think we are just counting the cost of trying to get 6 new players in and comfortable. Feeling confident and comfortable takes time and Nardi, Santos, Madsen, Saito, Dembele and Celar need 2 -3 months of being in and amongst the team.

Getting annoyed with that excuse being rolled out time and again.
Firstly if anyone bothered to check the odds are most of the other Championship teams have got a similar number of new players, most of which are from Europe or different leagues: What makes QPR so different.
Secondly how long do we give this new squad to gel? At the beginning of the season the consensus seemed to be ten games: including cup matches we’ve now played 11 games so we’re now reading 2-3 months or December or January.

Being in the bottom three is really unacceptable and as others have said we thoroughly deserve to be there based on most of the games so far. Cifuentes and the team need to start performing and winning points asap.
Bottom 3 on 07:58 - Oct 3 with 3377 viewsstevec

Yes, all we really need is for our new recruits to bulk up a couple of stone, grow another six inches taller, stop getting knocked about and give some back and it’ll all be hunky dory. Simples.
Bottom 3 on 08:23 - Oct 3 with 3343 viewsdmm

I'm old enough to remember the 2023/24 season. Could be in for a repeat year.
Login to get fewer ads

Bottom 3 on 08:32 - Oct 3 with 3301 viewsstevec

Bottom 3 on 08:23 - Oct 3 by dmm

I'm old enough to remember the 2023/24 season. Could be in for a repeat year.

Yep, the old January sales routine, bigger stronger harder.

Meanwhile, get used to Dembele rubbing his shin, Saito checking he’s still got his teeth and Madsen keeping his eye on proceedings from a far.
Bottom 3 on 08:44 - Oct 3 with 3260 viewsstowmarketrange

Bottom 3 on 00:11 - Oct 3 by Ned_Kennedys

Firstly if anyone bothered to check the odds are most of the other Championship teams have got a similar number of new players, most of which are from Europe or different leagues: What makes QPR so different.
Secondly how long do we give this new squad to gel? At the beginning of the season the consensus seemed to be ten games: including cup matches we’ve now played 11 games so we’re now reading 2-3 months or December or January.

Being in the bottom three is really unacceptable and as others have said we thoroughly deserve to be there based on most of the games so far. Cifuentes and the team need to start performing and winning points asap.

Hull are another team with a few new players bedding in after being recruited during the summer and they’ve scored 7 goals in their last 2 games.We don’t look like we could score 7 goals in a month let alone 2 games.
Bottom 3 on 08:47 - Oct 3 with 3250 viewsEastR

10 in 3, we're all trying to forget Tues

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Bottom 3 on 09:17 - Oct 3 with 3171 viewsaston_hoop

114 points to play for

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bottom 3 on 09:20 - Oct 3 with 3155 viewsE15Hoop

Bottom 3 on 22:42 - Oct 2 by bosh67

Yes a bit of a stark reminder that we have a lot to do but one win from mid table again (pretty much). I think being in the bottom 3 may be a wake up call for the players to start really getting their act together.

Glass is half full: We've clearly got enough threat and talent in this squad for us to start putting wins together consistently and pull away from trouble, plus enough of the squad left over from last season to know what they need to do physically and mentally to make this happen.

Glass is half empty: There are enough "new boys" in the squad to make it an issue if they've all got individual issues that need addressing quickly AND need to understand how they work collectively, all whilst learning a new language and adjusting to life in a new city. Personally, I'd like to hear more about what work Kevin Betsy in particular is doing, as one would imagine he must have a pretty full in-tray at the moment.
Bottom 3 on 10:13 - Oct 3 with 2925 viewsGloucs_R

Bottom 3 on 22:46 - Oct 2 by Logman

Thats the biggest risk with bringing in players from abroad and thrusting them into the Championship.

The signings so far....

Madsen has been the biggest disappointment so far. I was really hoping for this 6'4 enforcer type player to dominate the midfield. But he's a bit of a pussycat with an eye for a long pass.

Varane looks like he's going to need 12 months over here before finding his feet.

Saito and Dembele will come good, providing the latter gets moved in to a central position.

Nardi looks fine overall, some good and some bad attributes.

Celar really doesnt look like the type of striker we need. But then who is? I can name 10 who have been and gone and none of them looked any good. Even Chaz struggled towards the end because of how we play.

Marti clearly has concerns over Santos or would never have brought in a loan RB!

We have also been a bit unlucky with some of the injuries we have had. Morrison looks like a great signing and to have him out at the same time as Fox and JCS is a blow.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bottom 3 on 10:42 - Oct 3 with 2773 viewsTomMorgz7

Derby as much a 6 pointer as we're going to see, both for the players' mindset going forwards as well as the physical points. I know its early, but...
Bottom 3 on 10:50 - Oct 3 with 2736 viewsgolborne

Bottom 3 on 00:11 - Oct 3 by Ned_Kennedys

Some are virtually up to speed. Saito is all but there, and will improve further with games. Dembele is good, we just need to work out a position for him. Santos gets the boo boy vote this week, but he did little wrong in the first half and only started to get caught when pushing on in the 2nd. When you’re caught on the break and readjusting, facing a tricky winger isn’t the easiest of tasks, as you’ll also have one eye on the movement around them. Everytime Chair and Willock ripped people one it was because the defender was rubbish, or did they take advantage of the situation and do their job brilliantly? It can’t be both.

We’ve had no Chair and especially Willock, who has been a huge loss (sorry boo boys, I read what many of you thought of him for 2 years after Beale flogged him like a knacker). Both, but especially Willock could be relied on to keep the ball up the pitch. His strength shielding the ball while the rest of the team moved up the pitch can’t be underestimated. They also had central midfielders who could support play. Our best CM has missed the majority of the season, Varane has some potential, but isn’t a tidy player who collects and turns as per Collback, although will be an upgrade on Field in the coming months (love Field’s covering, but he looks like a frightened rabbit anytime people look to pass to him and ultimately never receives the ball comfortably and looks for the safest pass backwards, inviting on a press). We’ve also been without our best CB for half the games. These are huge losses compared to the team that finished the season at Coventry. In a nutshell, maybe some of these players would be playing off the bench in this early part of the season, rather than thrown in at the deep end. Somebody mentioned Hull losing key players, but have you taken any notice of how much they’ve been spending on players? They have one signing that would wipe out our entire spend. We will be fine, if we can keep Collback on the pitch, plus Chair and CS.
Bottom 3 on 10:52 - Oct 3 with 2716 viewsandrew1302

This time last year we had 8 points 1 more than currently. Everyone was going mental and now it is just they are bedding in and they are good players. Well other sides have good players too and they are clearly better than us! Once again we have bought in the wrong type of players. Marti maybe wants to play like Pep but it doesnt work in this league especially with the quality of player we have. Watch the ball control. So often the players can't control the ball immediatley and it moves a couple of feet from their body and possession is lost. Field said Hull was the best we had played all season and we lost 3 - 1. The expectation was that Nourri would get together our buying and we would stop buying duds. it hasn't happened . Loads of teams have players 'bedding in' and none are as poor as we are. The next couple of games i feel are quite important. Crowds turn and having had to put up with Millwall, Blackburn and Hull i don't think that day is far away. We need a win badly and another loss or two potentially dropping us to the bottom of the league will start a lot of pressure. Marti says keep believing well at some point that has to turn into winning games and not being mauled by such as Millar and Cantwell and most of the rest of all the sides too.
Bottom 3 on 11:35 - Oct 3 with 2566 viewsQPunkR

Bottom 3 on 10:52 - Oct 3 by andrew1302

This time last year we had 8 points 1 more than currently. Everyone was going mental and now it is just they are bedding in and they are good players. Well other sides have good players too and they are clearly better than us! Once again we have bought in the wrong type of players. Marti maybe wants to play like Pep but it doesnt work in this league especially with the quality of player we have. Watch the ball control. So often the players can't control the ball immediatley and it moves a couple of feet from their body and possession is lost. Field said Hull was the best we had played all season and we lost 3 - 1. The expectation was that Nourri would get together our buying and we would stop buying duds. it hasn't happened . Loads of teams have players 'bedding in' and none are as poor as we are. The next couple of games i feel are quite important. Crowds turn and having had to put up with Millwall, Blackburn and Hull i don't think that day is far away. We need a win badly and another loss or two potentially dropping us to the bottom of the league will start a lot of pressure. Marti says keep believing well at some point that has to turn into winning games and not being mauled by such as Millar and Cantwell and most of the rest of all the sides too.

Gotta feel sorry for Ainsworth. One point worse off than last season (with the caveat that we've been without Chair) but Marti is still going unquestioned in the main, mainly because of their differing styles of play - though I realise 'style of play' is a bit strong to describe Gareth's time at the helm!

The style has regressed from last season though - apart from being mainly crap we're also now exceedingly boring in the main thanks to a WHOLE lot of late-era Warburton 'pi$$ around with the the ball at the back for 70 minutes'

QPR - "shit but local"

Bottom 3 on 13:00 - Oct 3 with 2355 viewsRangersw12

We were top in November a couple of seasons ago and stayed up by the skins of our teeth

Table doesn't mean anything until at least Christmas
Bottom 3 on 13:04 - Oct 3 with 2334 viewsRangersw12

Bottom 3 on 11:35 - Oct 3 by QPunkR

Gotta feel sorry for Ainsworth. One point worse off than last season (with the caveat that we've been without Chair) but Marti is still going unquestioned in the main, mainly because of their differing styles of play - though I realise 'style of play' is a bit strong to describe Gareth's time at the helm!

The style has regressed from last season though - apart from being mainly crap we're also now exceedingly boring in the main thanks to a WHOLE lot of late-era Warburton 'pi$$ around with the the ball at the back for 70 minutes'

Don't know anyone can feel sorry for Ainsworth, one of the worst managers we've ever had .
Bottom 3 on 13:10 - Oct 3 with 2295 viewsozexile

Totally agree with this. Totally wrong players. Plus we haven't got 12 months etc for players to bed in. With players able to walk away at the end of contracts for zero they need to bed in pretty quickly. Why again are we having a problem with this? The recruitment team need to be held accountable in my opinion.
Bottom 3 on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 2252 viewsRangersw12

Bottom 3 on 13:10 - Oct 3 by ozexile

Totally agree with this. Totally wrong players. Plus we haven't got 12 months etc for players to bed in. With players able to walk away at the end of contracts for zero they need to bed in pretty quickly. Why again are we having a problem with this? The recruitment team need to be held accountable in my opinion.

If you're blaming the recruitment team then Nourry also needs to be added to your list .
Bottom 3 on 13:28 - Oct 3 with 2191 viewsozexile

Bottom 3 on 13:14 - Oct 3 by Rangersw12

If you're blaming the recruitment team then Nourry also needs to be added to your list .

Fine with me. Don't care who we add to the list. All culpable
Bottom 3 on 13:49 - Oct 3 with 2108 viewsCamberleyR

"This time last year we had 8 points 1 more than currently."

And how many points did we pick up in the next six? Feel free to come back and gloat when we've still got 7 points from 14 games.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bottom 3 on 13:56 - Oct 3 with 2054 viewsGaryHaddock

I love Marti, but i’m not sure how Ainsworth is copping it in this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024