Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict 08:50 - Oct 1 with 2802 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/63071/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 08:57 - Oct 1 with 2763 viewsPatfromPoole

Can't disagree with much of that.

However, if you were Graham Potter and you saw that, would you want the gig?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 2690 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 08:57 - Oct 1 by PatfromPoole

Yes once you saw the size of the bonus for keeping us up

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 09:27 - Oct 1 with 2579 viewsTripleNiemi

Agree with most of that Nick.

One thing I would say though is that unless I have missed this, don’t think there has been a major amount of ranting from the fans? Most of us are pragmatic / realistic enough to know it was gonna be a challenge surviving regardless. No doubt in the heat of the moment there was some venting last night.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 09:54 - Oct 1 with 2420 viewsgrumpy

To me there looked like there was no belief in the team that they could win last night.
Its more of a problem off the field than on it.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:07 - Oct 1 with 2374 viewsfelly1

So many games follow a similar pattern, bright start but I'm sitting there waiting for us to concede from their first attack.
Crap defence, crap strikers equals relegation.
Ryan Fraser.. Sentimental signing.. More like mental signing.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:18 - Oct 1 with 2329 viewsdirk_doone

I am really shocked that Nick's verdict wasn't that we were missing Jack Stephens.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:19 - Oct 1 with 2323 viewsButty101

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:07 - Oct 1 by felly1

So many games follow a similar pattern, bright start but I'm sitting there waiting for us to concede from their first attack.
Crap defence, crap strikers equals relegation.
Ryan Fraser.. Sentimental signing.. More like mental signing.

Last night there was no movement up front. The defence ended up messing about with the ball as those in the middle didnt want the ball. We actually played quite a few long balls last night but it ended up coming straight back.

It was the same for throwins. The person taking the throwin has a load of statues in front of him that didnt want the ball.

If chelsea paid 20mill for Big les , they had their pants pulled down.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:26 - Oct 1 with 2296 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:19 - Oct 1 by Butty101

Last night there was no movement up front. The defence ended up messing about with the ball as those in the middle didnt want the ball. We actually played quite a few long balls last night but it ended up coming straight back.

It was the same for throwins. The person taking the throwin has a load of statues in front of him that didnt want the ball.

If chelsea paid 20mill for Big les , they had their pants pulled down.

Ugochukwu has very quickly gone from 'looks like a good signing' (euphemism for 'I know absolutely nothing about him') to 'let's get rid of him as soon as possible' ('I've seen him play now').
[Post edited 1 Oct 10:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 2241 views1ASIN12

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:18 - Oct 1 by dirk_doone

I am really shocked that Nick's verdict wasn't that we were missing Jack Stephens.

We all know that he’ll be back in the team on Saturday.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:48 - Oct 1 with 2176 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:26 - Oct 1 by dirk_doone

Ugochukwu has very quickly gone from 'looks like a good signing' (euphemism for 'I know absolutely nothing about him') to 'let's get rid of him as soon as possible' ('I've seen him play now').
[Post edited 1 Oct 10:36]

Got a catchy surname.
Got a catchy nickname.
Got a sick trim fam.

MUST BE GOOD

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Front two for WHU game?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:17 - Oct 1 with 2070 viewsIfonly

A good summing up Nick. I think the key thing is that the players don't believe in what they're doing. They'll try, like they did for the first 10 mins, but confidence is wafer thin because they don't believe, so when they get a setback that's it. Heads go down, game over. And it's no surprise to me that they don't believe, because this game plan was never going to work in the PL as I've said many times before.

RM said "I haven't given them enough belief in what we're doing" and that's true, but what he hasn't worked out yet is that they'll never have belief because the plan is fundamentally flawed and the players are now starting to understand that.

Even a board as stupid as ours will now understand that relegation is a certainty if we carry on like this. It's up to them to decide whether to accept that or to gamble again on another manager. Unfortunately the board are so incompetent that I have no faith in them getting things right. We'll probably end up with another manager trying to play the same style with the same players and getting the same results.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 13:23 - Oct 1 with 1869 views1teeminants

As I said a while back, I fear RM is just too arrogant to adjust and change his system. Anyone with half a brain knows you can get away with this tippy tappy Shyte in the championship and lower down but it’s suicidal to do It in the premier league because the opposition players are fitter, faster coached better and more switched on .

I was very much in the RM camp and wanted him to succeed but I don’t think he will change his ways so we need to get rid very soon if things don’t improve. I would give it to the end of the Leicester game.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 14:30 - Oct 1 with 1675 views1ASIN12

Let’s face it, if Nathen Jones was in charge last night the fans would have sung “ Nathan Jones your football is shit”

Martin is lucky he’s still got a little bit of good will , if he remains much longer that will go .
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 16:23 - Oct 1 with 1515 viewsBridders2

My brother was staying at the Hilton in Bournemouth yesterday, and to his surprise the Saints team were there sitting about in the lounges playing cards at 3pm! Why would they they not just get the coach down straight to the stadium before the game?
So they were all fanying around for hours in Central Bournemouth doing what? All I can suggest is that this was some daft way of helping them to de-stress or chill out before the battle ahead. Ultimately they played the game at a slower pace than Bournemouth and we're half a yard too slow to every ball. So is this another example of the RM philosophy in new wave football?
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 17:13 - Oct 1 with 1391 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 16:23 - Oct 1 by Bridders2

My brother was staying at the Hilton in Bournemouth yesterday, and to his surprise the Saints team were there sitting about in the lounges playing cards at 3pm! Why would they they not just get the coach down straight to the stadium before the game?
So they were all fanying around for hours in Central Bournemouth doing what? All I can suggest is that this was some daft way of helping them to de-stress or chill out before the battle ahead. Ultimately they played the game at a slower pace than Bournemouth and we're half a yard too slow to every ball. So is this another example of the RM philosophy in new wave football?

Were they playing for big money?

All winnings go into the kitty towards Super Jack's fine.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 18:50 - Oct 1 with 1183 viewsBridders2

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 17:13 - Oct 1 by PatfromPoole

Were they playing for big money?

All winnings go into the kitty towards Super Jack's fine.

My brother couldn't see piles of cash on the table, but after tax , Jack's fine is only a couple of weeks wages.
Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 19:51 - Oct 1 with 1096 viewsRon11

Southampton At Bournemouth The Verdict on 08:57 - Oct 1 by PatfromPoole

Graham Potter wants the Man United job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024