Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Football Club 07:11 - Oct 1 with 1596 viewssaintwizzler

We have a Championship level manager who is an upgrade on the last two who are now in League 1.
Downes, KWP (who has been dropped) and Ramsdale aside we have a team of Championship level players.

Let’s not forget if the Feyenoord keeper had passed his medical we wouldn’t have Ramsdale.

What really do people expect?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Front two for WHU game?

Southampton Football Club on 07:40 - Oct 1 with 1513 viewsmushinexile

Effort.
Southampton Football Club on 08:00 - Oct 1 with 1451 viewsA1079

Southampton Football Club on 07:40 - Oct 1 by mushinexile

Effort.

Nicely summed up in one word. Where was the effort in that first half? Why did we capitulate so easily?
Southampton Football Club on 08:00 - Oct 1 with 1452 viewsMrangry25

We have a Championship Manager who thinks he is PL standard and he is NOT. Last night he blamed the players ffs, he is another Ralph keeps tinkering. Saints won’t sack him as they have no idea about who to replace him with very much like tiheir player signings.

Poll: Martin out

Southampton Football Club on 08:42 - Oct 1 with 1320 viewsTripleNiemi

Well unless something changes Rylan will soon have us managing back at his level…..

Don’t get me wrong, this season was always gonna be a tall order, but I do honestly believe that another manager with a bit of ‘take the game to the oppo approach’ may have gotten us more than a solitary point. This possession based game was never gonna work at this level with the standard of players we have.

Pochie wanted to play the chase down and pressing game, and the reason it was successful with us was due to having a young and fit bunch of players that bought into his philosophy. Almost brainwashed them. Does any of our current squad believe in this possession based approach hyperbole??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton Football Club on 08:52 - Oct 1 with 1274 viewsMytchettSaint

Don’t know about expect; but I’d like for us to get a manger whose sides don’t concede 60+ goals (or whatever the amount was) every season and are actually difficult to score against.

The thing is, the manager isn’t the only problem here, it’s the team at sports republic that select the manger and go after a certain type of player who also need to be replaced.

It’s going to be a record breaking season for all the wrong reasons I fear.

Forza Rossobianco

Southampton Football Club on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 1235 viewsPatfromPoole

I heard this morning Martin saying on Solent that he was disappointed with how we reacted to their first goal, as he had given the team the tools to cope with going a goal behind.

Quite what that means I don't know, but it sounds like preparing for failure, which we are being served up in spades.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton Football Club on 09:07 - Oct 1 with 1229 viewsfranniesTache

Personally i thought it was interesting how us and Bournemouth both used almost identical tactics.

They passed the ball towards our goal, and we also passed the ball towards our goal...
Southampton Football Club on 09:17 - Oct 1 with 1154 viewsChesham_Saint

I said a month ago, give him to the end of this month and see if things improve. They haven’t. I am now even more convinced that Rylan is an arrogant, stubborn tvvat and should go.

I admit I’ve never liked him and I thought he was very lucky to scrape us up last season. If we could get Potter I’d be delighted.

No doubt the blind faith ‘Russball’ types will be pissing their panties about ‘fairness’ but this is a results based high stakes business and Rylan now clearly isn’t up to it.

At the moment our 0-9 humiliation is likely to be beaten. The mere fact of that likelihood should be his P45 moment.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Football Club on 09:46 - Oct 1 with 1055 viewsfelly1

Southampton Football Club on 08:00 - Oct 1 by Mrangry25

We have a Championship Manager who thinks he is PL standard and he is NOT. Last night he blamed the players ffs, he is another Ralph keeps tinkering. Saints won’t sack him as they have no idea about who to replace him with very much like tiheir player signings.

We can't defend and we can't score goals.
As you say we are a Championship team in all but name.

My lad has given up on the team already, sits there during the game on bloody crap tock where it's so bad.
No enthusiasm for any away games as it's a waste of time.

Just wants us back in the Championship as we had such good memories from last season.
Can't blame him tbh.
Southampton Football Club on 10:53 - Oct 1 with 938 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton Football Club on 09:46 - Oct 1 by felly1

We can't defend and we can't score goals.
As you say we are a Championship team in all but name.

My lad has given up on the team already, sits there during the game on bloody crap tock where it's so bad.
No enthusiasm for any away games as it's a waste of time.

Just wants us back in the Championship as we had such good memories from last season.
Can't blame him tbh.

How would we do if we did go back down though?
Us as fans would expect us to go straight back up again, but I'd wonder.
Still, don't panic as we'll survive this current blip in form
Southampton Football Club on 11:01 - Oct 1 with 924 viewsBerber

It looks to me like the squad have lost faith in the coaching staff already.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Southampton Football Club on 12:28 - Oct 1 with 846 viewsfelly1

Southampton Football Club on 10:53 - Oct 1 by kingslandstand1

How would we do if we did go back down though?
Us as fans would expect us to go straight back up again, but I'd wonder.
Still, don't panic as we'll survive this current blip in form

If we continue getting thrashed and humiliated and go down with a pathetic whimper then I really doubt care where we'd be in the Championship as long as we can at least be a mid table side winning some games here and there.

Don't get me wrong that's a sad scenario in many respects and I'd much rather we had a side and manager that scrapped and fought for survival in the Prem and even if that still resulted in relegation, at least it give us suffering fans some hope and we'd take it to the last few games and we go down with pride intact.

This season so far, the 22/23 relegation season and the 2nd half of the 21/22 season have just been pathetic and embarrassing to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024