Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition 15:15 - Sep 30 with 523 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63068/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:18 - Sep 30 with 518 viewsKeithHaynes

Apologies to those who have commented, please resubmit. A few thingys in the whatsit.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:21 - Sep 30 with 514 viewsAzzuriswan

Isn't the tournament being alluded to the Welsh League Cup that our under 21s played in last year and lost in the first round this year?
I think its dangerous ground as the EFL, Premier League and the international bodies could I suppose eventually force us to play in the Welsh pyramid system....no thanks
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:27 - Sep 30 with 492 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:21 - Sep 30 by Azzuriswan

Isn't the tournament being alluded to the Welsh League Cup that our under 21s played in last year and lost in the first round this year?
I think its dangerous ground as the EFL, Premier League and the international bodies could I suppose eventually force us to play in the Welsh pyramid system....no thanks

Swans have definitely put a plan into the FAW and UEFA will have sight of it.

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:33 - Sep 30 with 479 viewsjack247

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:21 - Sep 30 by Azzuriswan

I’m not convinced by this at all for exactly that reason. Surely though, the club wouldn’t consider it if losing EFL status would ever be a possibility?

If that’s guaranteed, I’d swap the domestic cup competitions for a realistic chance to play in Europe again.
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:41 - Sep 30 with 457 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:33 - Sep 30 by jack247

I’m not convinced by this at all for exactly that reason. Surely though, the club wouldn’t consider it if losing EFL status would ever be a possibility?

If that’s guaranteed, I’d swap the domestic cup competitions for a realistic chance to play in Europe again.

Is it practical for an EFL club to play in Europe with the number of domestic fixtures involved. The Premier League cut their matches to 38 to make it achievable.
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:44 - Sep 30 with 432 views3swan

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:41 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

Is it practical for an EFL club to play in Europe with the number of domestic fixtures involved. The Premier League cut their matches to 38 to make it achievable.

I only see it as the club giving up on any hope of us returning to the Premier and then having a good chance of getting a European place.

I don't agree with looking at a 1 in 4 chance of qualifying, through a lesser competition.
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:52 - Sep 30 with 404 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:44 - Sep 30 by 3swan

I only see it as the club giving up on any hope of us returning to the Premier and then having a good chance of getting a European place.

I don't agree with looking at a 1 in 4 chance of qualifying, through a lesser competition.

Exactly. Concentrate on getting us back into the Premier League where Europe is more achievable rather than through the back door.
Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:31 - Sep 30 with 335 viewsmax936

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:27 - Sep 30 by KeithHaynes

Swans have definitely put a plan into the FAW and UEFA will have sight of it.

Be good comp for the youngsters, but last thing the first team needs is extra games they are short of numbers now especially regards players with any quality, decent test for the 21's etc though, I'd have thought anyway.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:32 - Sep 30 with 328 viewsmax936

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 15:41 - Sep 30 by Whiterockin

Good point that.

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:35 - Sep 30 with 321 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:31 - Sep 30 by max936

Be good comp for the youngsters, but last thing the first team needs is extra games they are short of numbers now especially regards players with any quality, decent test for the 21's etc though, I'd have thought anyway.

You watch that change once a quarter final is reached.

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:42 - Sep 30 with 308 viewsmax936

Swansea put in a project plan to play in Welsh competition on 16:35 - Sep 30 by KeithHaynes

You watch that change once a quarter final is reached.

You could understand putting a few first teams in at that stage, but it would be harsh to put to many in, then again the prestige and the financial rewards for the club in maybe getting to Europe would override that, its the way it works I suppose, the emotion and romance of it all goes out the window.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024