Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Bob Brunskill 18:30 - Sep 20 with 1240 viewsUTS1885

Daily Echo Saints reporter from back in the day.
RIP Bob Brunskill on 18:34 - Sep 20 with 1225 viewskingslandstand1

He was the voice (journalist!) for Saints back in the day in the rush to get the Football Echo on a Saturday evening!
RIP Bob Brunskill on 20:56 - Sep 20 with 1098 viewsgrumpy

RIP Bob Brunskill on 18:34 - Sep 20 by kingslandstand1

He was the voice (journalist!) for Saints back in the day in the rush to get the Football Echo on a Saturday evening!

Ah! The Pink. Remember my Uncle taking me to buy one when I was very young Saturday evenings . RIP Bob.
RIP Bob Brunskill on 23:16 - Sep 20 with 983 views1teeminants

RIP Bob Brunskill on 20:56 - Sep 20 by grumpy

Ah! The Pink. Remember my Uncle taking me to buy one when I was very young Saturday evenings . RIP Bob.

Yep I used to get The Pink every week and Bob Brunskill was the main man. RIP Bob .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

RIP Bob Brunskill on 01:28 - Sep 21 with 922 viewsLondonSaint76

Bob Brunskill - proper journalist back in the day who wrote genuine articles based on facts and a good knowledge of the game, not rumours, conjecture and AI generated guff.
The Pink, that brings back memories, when we used to come down from London for the weekend to visit my gran I’d go to The Dell on Saturday afternoon. She lived in Newlands Avenue, Shirley and by the time I’d strolled back from The Dell the Pink was already in the newsagents opposite the Atherley at the top of the road. Don’t know how they could do it so fast…
RIP Bob.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

RIP Bob Brunskill on 12:22 - Sep 22 with 524 viewsGRIM

RIP Bob Brunskill on 01:28 - Sep 21 by LondonSaint76

Bob Brunskill - proper journalist back in the day who wrote genuine articles based on facts and a good knowledge of the game, not rumours, conjecture and AI generated guff.
The Pink, that brings back memories, when we used to come down from London for the weekend to visit my gran I’d go to The Dell on Saturday afternoon. She lived in Newlands Avenue, Shirley and by the time I’d strolled back from The Dell the Pink was already in the newsagents opposite the Atherley at the top of the road. Don’t know how they could do it so fast…
RIP Bob.

Loved the Pink & regularly queued up at the Newsagents at 6.45 ish to get my copy.
I was shocked one Saturday when as I walked off the pitched mud splattered after playing 90mins Bob Brunskill approached me with a photographer & asked if they could take my photo & also get some background on me, like what clubs I'd played for & what my ambitions were.
Bob explained that they were putting together an article on me as "Player of the Week" for The Pink.
The following Saturday I was first in the queue to get my copy of the Pink to see my Photo & a full page report on me & my playing career.
Bob was brilliant covering local football & raising the profile of players & the grass roots game.
RIP Bob (I still miss the Pink).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024