Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after 11:53 - Sep 9 with 4835 viewsRagingbull1932

I am going to the Millwall game and just wanted to get some parking advice for a quick get away afterwards as I have a family event in Greenford at 3pm. I don't want to leave the match before the end. Is there anywhere within a 10 to 15 minute walk of Loftus Road where you can get away quickly? I guess this would involve avoiding the A40 and the Uxbridge Road which is going to be difficult. All suggestions appreciated!
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 11:59 - Sep 9 with 4806 viewsDWQPR

I’d park the other side of the Westway Near East Acton station. Fifteen minute walk at tops but you can get onto the A40 quickly.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:11 - Sep 9 with 4759 viewsHayesender

Far end of Percy road. Straight onto Askew road and away using the back roads towards Acton

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:59 - Sep 9 with 4551 viewsthehat

You could park near Greenford Station and get the tube to White City. We have been doing that lately due to the roadworks on the A40 at Hanger Lane.

Works really well.
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 15:20 - Sep 9 with 4226 viewsActonExile

Just as a heads up, they have dug up the road under the railway at Greenford and it's an utter shambles, not sure where abouts in Greenford you are heading to but make sure if you park at Greenford you are the correct side of the railway.

You may be better off parking at Perivale, form there you can head over Horsenden Hill for North Greenford and head via the Ruislip Road for South Greenford.

Good luck

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 20:59 - Sep 9 with 3751 viewsgolborne

Du cane road
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 21:31 - Sep 9 with 3694 viewsEsox_Lucius

If you can afford to, the paid parking at the of SAR and Bloemfontein Rd.

The grass is always greener.

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 11:31 - Sep 10 with 3292 viewskingsburyR

I used to always park on a Saturday 3pm KO's in the estate for £7.00.

Robbing bastards have put it up to near £15.

I now park in the wormwood scrubs car park off DuCane Road.

10 min walk to the ground.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:31 - Sep 10 with 3109 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The A40 is currently undergoing major roadworks between Hangar Lane and North Acton so I would avoid it and any suggestions that depend on it. IMHO your best bets are either:
(a) Parking on one of the side roads off either the Goldhawk Road or Askew Road. Much of this area is permit parking Monday to Friday. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground and you can get away down the Goldhawk Road/Bath Road and navigate the side roads through Chiswick, Acton, Ealing and Scotch Common to get to Greenford.
(b) Parking near Greenford or Perivale station. The surrounding streets are permit parking Monday to Friday so you can jump on the Central Line to White City.
Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 13:01 - Sep 10 with 3042 viewsLanhoop

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:31 - Sep 10 by Benny_the_Ball

The A40 is currently undergoing major roadworks between Hangar Lane and North Acton so I would avoid it and any suggestions that depend on it. IMHO your best bets are either:
(a) Parking on one of the side roads off either the Goldhawk Road or Askew Road. Much of this area is permit parking Monday to Friday. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground and you can get away down the Goldhawk Road/Bath Road and navigate the side roads through Chiswick, Acton, Ealing and Scotch Common to get to Greenford.
(b) Parking near Greenford or Perivale station. The surrounding streets are permit parking Monday to Friday so you can jump on the Central Line to White City.

The A40 is even more of a joke at the moment than usual with the HS2 works making the Hanger Lane tunnel single lane. I'd go with the tube option too but I would choose Northolt or Greenford as the traffic can go back to Perivale.
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:01 - Sep 11 with 2401 viewswombat

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 13:01 - Sep 10 by Lanhoop

The A40 is even more of a joke at the moment than usual with the HS2 works making the Hanger Lane tunnel single lane. I'd go with the tube option too but I would choose Northolt or Greenford as the traffic can go back to Perivale.

west ruislip is best option if going by train easy to park , if you decide to drive any of the roads by the park are free on a sat and less than ten mins wlk from the ground , getting away can be slightly slow though on the uxbridge road

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 13:01 - Sep 11 with 2249 viewspaulhoop2

The most infuriating thing is that they never seem to be doing anything at all within the road works

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:25 - Sep 12 with 1994 viewsRagingbull1932

Thank you so much for all these suggestions. Is there a particular part of Ducane Road to head for as it is quite a long road? Google Maps is showing me swift walk down Bloemfontain Road from there.
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:09 - Sep 19 with 1477 viewsRagingbull1932

Right I am going to take up the recommendation to park in Ducane Road. Are there any yellow lines down there or is there a particular part of Ducane Road I should head for? From there, it looks on Google Maps that I can walk across the A40 pedestrian crossing straight into Bloemfontain Road and through the estate to avoid where Millwall fans will be arriving.
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:50 - Sep 19 with 1389 viewsEsox_Lucius

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:09 - Sep 19 by Ragingbull1932

Right I am going to take up the recommendation to park in Ducane Road. Are there any yellow lines down there or is there a particular part of Ducane Road I should head for? From there, it looks on Google Maps that I can walk across the A40 pedestrian crossing straight into Bloemfontain Road and through the estate to avoid where Millwall fans will be arriving.

If you look at the street view on Google maps you can walk along the road and see the parking signs on the lamp posts. Road markings will also be visible.

The grass is always greener.

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:03 - Sep 19 with 1303 viewsRagingbull1932

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:50 - Sep 19 by Esox_Lucius

If you look at the street view on Google maps you can walk along the road and see the parking signs on the lamp posts. Road markings will also be visible.

Thank you I have just done that and it appears to be pay and display parking bays near the hospital on Ducane Road which I will use if they are not too busy
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:31 - Sep 19 with 1246 viewsNorthernr

Let us know how it goes.
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 20:47 - Sep 19 with 946 viewsenfieldargh

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:03 - Sep 19 by Ragingbull1932

Thank you I have just done that and it appears to be pay and display parking bays near the hospital on Ducane Road which I will use if they are not too busy

Fills up there very quickly I would get there no later than 90 mins before KO and then its risky.
Car park between hopsital & Prison but you have to pay. (Lynford Christie Stadium)

Free on street parking in Wulfstan Street/Braybrook Street.

Walk back along Ducane Road, theres a foobridge opposite the hospital/zebra crossing. Cross the A40 at the lights but keep looking some bastards try to jump the lights at speed. Been several deaths over the years at these light.

There used to be a pedestrian subway there but I think even more deaths in there!

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 21:53 - Sep 19 with 837 viewsqueensparker

You’ll be alright Raging Bull if you get to area early enough, plenty of free parking available

I’ve still got my one secret space that nobody ever parks in, we’ve been using it for 25+ years. Mad dogs will have to drag it from me. Dreading the inevitable moment some Hammersmith and Fulham jobsworth figures it out and daubs double yellows on it
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 08:48 - Sep 20 with 648 viewsDWQPR

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 12:03 - Sep 19 by Ragingbull1932

Park in Fitzneal Street. Free parking, then head for the crossing over the A40 and walk up Yew Tree Road, which takes you into Bryony Road then onto Blom. 10-15 minute walk.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 536 viewsRagingbull1932

Thank you so much for all these very helpful suggestions. I'll see how I get on!!
Parking at Loftus Road advice for a quick get away after on 10:07 - Sep 22 with 210 viewsRagingbull1932

So I went to Ducane Road. It was quite busy as people were arriving for hospital visiting but i found a space further along the road in a parking bay. It was £3.50p per hour on Ringo. Less than 15 minutes walk to QPR. Then a really quick get away afterwards with hardly any traffic. So thank you so much to everyone for the recommendation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024