Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar and Kolli 13:43 - Aug 10 with 12581 viewsThe_Beast1976

Both absolutely pony. Will never be good enough. Prefer Dykes up front to either of these two. Hopefully MC can get a striker in somehow
Celar and Kolli on 17:03 - Aug 10 with 2922 viewsDamo1962

Celar and Kolli on 15:48 - Aug 10 by Gloucs_R

We need to learn from what we did with Sinclair.

Kolli is not a championship level player, yet.

He needs a season on loan in league 1 or 2.

This.This league is too tough and unforgiving to be expecting young players to come in and look good. Having said that...I always knew Sinclair was pony 😉
Celar and Kolli on 17:07 - Aug 10 with 2896 viewsJimmyR

Celar and Kolli on 16:51 - Aug 10 by Gloucs_R

I really like him. I think he's got a fantastic future. But both Chair and Eze had really successful loans, which I believe helped their long term prospects.

With Sinclair, I feel we rushed him into the first team and expectations were too high.

I really hope we can protect Kolli and nurture him properly.

Ah, right sorry, yeah agreed, loved armstrong and wish he was still ours but if he won't sign a new contract then what can you do - certainly, that could have been better managed. Never nice to see you fav players/hottest young prospect take a sideways move
Celar and Kolli on 17:30 - Aug 10 with 2749 viewsQPROslo

Anyone heard how Kolli is? He seemed to me to fall to the ground away from any contact, and struggled to get off the pitch and onto the Subs bench. Hope he is OK, he had a long spell out with injury last season, and it didn't look good today.
Celar and Kolli on 17:38 - Aug 10 with 2700 viewsHunterhoop

I think Kolli has loads of potential. He has both the skill and the physical size to succeed. That is rare.

But, assist apart today, he was poor, and frankly, more of a danger to us than a help. He gave the ball away multiple times in dangerous positions or when a head up, good ball, creates a chance.

He also failed to track the overlap for their 2nd goal. That cost a goal.

To me he didn’t look ready for this level.

Touch and skill wise, yes. Physically, yes. Reading of the game, no.

And the latter is so important.

I actually thought Llloyd looked the more ready prospect. He came on and was more direct, beat players, got his shot away. He also tracked back better. He got done for their 3rd but he was the one defending to the byline. It was Paal who had gone awol.

On today’s performance alone, I’d loan Kolli and keep Lloyd for the squad. I think Kolli could come back a great player like Eze. But we need him to learn how to play the game (not how to play football) at someone else’s expense. He’ll cost us a lot of goals if he plays wide left regularly.
Celar and Kolli on 17:59 - Aug 10 with 2632 viewsHooping_Mad

OP is correct about the Striker.

Is anyone else looking at Celar and thinking Seb Polter was better? Failed to impose himself on the game in any way. Looks lacking in confidence.

Not writing him off yet, but I am logging a major concern.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar and Kolli on 18:03 - Aug 10 with 2619 viewsconnell10

Celar and Kolli on 17:59 - Aug 10 by Hooping_Mad

OP is correct about the Striker.

Is anyone else looking at Celar and thinking Seb Polter was better? Failed to impose himself on the game in any way. Looks lacking in confidence.

Not writing him off yet, but I am logging a major concern.

He was non existence, really poor debut.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Celar and Kolli on 18:10 - Aug 10 with 2585 viewsnumptydumpty

Beast1976 - clearly a big man bully boy baby !!!

Ridiculous comments

Kolli - one of his first ever league starts and plays 55 minutes and provides an excellent assist for our only goal.

Even if he did nothing else - do that every game and he would be a hero !!

Encouraging performance from Kolli but a worrying injury

Celar - it was a nothing perfomance but again was his first ever game,

He made runs that werent seen or he wasnt trusted

He didnt seem to put in a massive effort but its hid first ever game - fingers crossed but yes to write him off already - hopefully Beast1976 if he / she has a job I sincerely hope they are not at management level -otherwise new recruits would be let go regularly on thier first day in the job !!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 18:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Celar and Kolli (n/t) on 18:20 - Aug 10 with 2499 viewsHooping_Mad

[Post edited 10 Aug 18:21]

Login to get fewer ads

Celar and Kolli on 18:22 - Aug 10 with 2484 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar and Kolli on 15:46 - Aug 10 by PBLOCK

And the winner for Toys out of the Pram is…..

Come on it’s one game, disappointing, yes hugely but writing off a 19 year old kid who got an assist and was making if not his first starts one of his first few is ridiculous give the kid a break. He looks to have ability but playing Under 18’s and reserves it’s gonna take him time

Writing off a striker who has had hardly a break having played at The Euros, has moved to a new country is bedding in and got no service? Once again give him time. I remember a bloke near me proclaiming Austin would never make it at Rangers as long as he had a hole in his ar$e as he didn’t score in his first few league games. I hope the surgery for that gentleman was successful

If I’m 18 months you are correct and indeed he appears to be the b@st@rd love child of Bob Taylor and Adam Czerkas then please come back on and fill your boots

Season is done by May, thinking Christmas this year will probably tell us if he's any good.

Celar and Kolli on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 2477 viewsHastings_Hoops

Absolute joke of an OP.
Celar and Kolli on 18:37 - Aug 10 with 2449 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar and Kolli on 18:28 - Aug 10 by Hastings_Hoops

Absolute joke of an OP.

He was harsh on Kolli but may have a point on the striker.

Also not the first time Kolli has returned from Injury and broke down again so a concern is valid on that given it's game 1.

Celar and Kolli on 18:40 - Aug 10 with 2440 viewsAntti_Heinola

For those demanding creativity, I think I'm right ion saying Kolli has played less than 90 mins of Championship football and has 2 assists to his name with two outstanding crosses.
There's a player there.

Bare bones.

Celar and Kolli on 19:21 - Aug 10 with 2292 viewsBoston

Celar y
Kolli flower.

There's a joke there somewhere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Celar and Kolli on 19:51 - Aug 10 with 2176 viewsHastings_Hoops

Celar and Kolli on 18:37 - Aug 10 by Hooping_Mad

He was harsh on Kolli but may have a point on the striker.

Also not the first time Kolli has returned from Injury and broke down again so a concern is valid on that given it's game 1.

Cellar has played half a pre-season match and 2/3 of a championship match without Chair firing up the chances… hardly time to cast a vote?

Kolli had cramp according to Marti.
Celar and Kolli on 21:07 - Aug 10 with 1932 viewsbaz_qpr

Look lets be frank neither Kolli and Lloyd are going to be any other than bench players for the majority of the season. I think Kolli's cross was World class, he defended pretty well, but like the rest of the team was far too passive. Lloyd added energy and a bit of chaos, In fact all 3 attacking subs strengthened us, but he has a very heavy touch. tbh both would benefit from league 1 loans.

Celar was a little concerning, I'm not sure what scouting we did but he did not look a player that can lead the line in the championship on his own, I suspect he might be good in a two and a good finisher given opportunities but I dont think their centre backs will get an easier game this season. He might come good in time, he might be a great finisher if we can give him chances, but he aint winning much in the air. Frey made an immediate difference when he came on with their CB's finally having to get their kit dirty
Celar and Kolli on 07:58 - Aug 11 with 1569 viewsQPROslo

Celar and Kolli on 19:51 - Aug 10 by Hastings_Hoops

Cellar has played half a pre-season match and 2/3 of a championship match without Chair firing up the chances… hardly time to cast a vote?

Kolli had cramp according to Marti.

Yes, thought I heard Marti say that. Some good news there.
Celar and Kolli on 08:04 - Aug 11 with 1524 viewsnix

Celar and Kolli on 17:38 - Aug 10 by Hunterhoop

I think Kolli has loads of potential. He has both the skill and the physical size to succeed. That is rare.

But, assist apart today, he was poor, and frankly, more of a danger to us than a help. He gave the ball away multiple times in dangerous positions or when a head up, good ball, creates a chance.

He also failed to track the overlap for their 2nd goal. That cost a goal.

To me he didn’t look ready for this level.

Touch and skill wise, yes. Physically, yes. Reading of the game, no.

And the latter is so important.

I actually thought Llloyd looked the more ready prospect. He came on and was more direct, beat players, got his shot away. He also tracked back better. He got done for their 3rd but he was the one defending to the byline. It was Paal who had gone awol.

On today’s performance alone, I’d loan Kolli and keep Lloyd for the squad. I think Kolli could come back a great player like Eze. But we need him to learn how to play the game (not how to play football) at someone else’s expense. He’ll cost us a lot of goals if he plays wide left regularly.

I think I read somewhere on here that Kolli hasn't signed a new contract? Can anyone confirm? Always makes it difficult because you don't want to send someone out on loan, pay their wages only to benefit someone else in the long run.
Celar and Kolli on 08:15 - Aug 11 with 1465 viewsThe_Beast1976

I stand by my comments. If either of these players come good I'll eat my hat. Not sure Celar even realised he was on a football pitch and was supposed to move around a bit. One of the worst QPR debuts I have witnessed (although at least not as bad as Gus Caesar I guess, but only because he did absolutely nothing, zero, zilch.).

Let's hope we manage to get someone in on loan, otherwise the most of the goals will need to come from our midfielders and defenders again

Time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:17]
Celar and Kolli on 08:26 - Aug 11 with 1429 viewsstevec

Celar and Kolli on 21:07 - Aug 10 by baz_qpr

Look lets be frank neither Kolli and Lloyd are going to be any other than bench players for the majority of the season. I think Kolli's cross was World class, he defended pretty well, but like the rest of the team was far too passive. Lloyd added energy and a bit of chaos, In fact all 3 attacking subs strengthened us, but he has a very heavy touch. tbh both would benefit from league 1 loans.

Celar was a little concerning, I'm not sure what scouting we did but he did not look a player that can lead the line in the championship on his own, I suspect he might be good in a two and a good finisher given opportunities but I dont think their centre backs will get an easier game this season. He might come good in time, he might be a great finisher if we can give him chances, but he aint winning much in the air. Frey made an immediate difference when he came on with their CB's finally having to get their kit dirty

This entirely.

It was one of the most lack lustre debuts I’ve ever seen. Despite his abject performance my one hope was maybe he’s a play on the shoulder type who will come good if someone can play him in behind. When that moment actually happened he went a couple of yards clear yet somehow got caught by a defender who’d seconds earlier was left for dead and that was before he’d even got near the area.

I suspect we may be forced into going two up front very soon and pack the midfield as this 3-1 part of the formation is not going to work with the standard of players we have in those positions (Andersen aside).
Celar and Kolli on 09:33 - Aug 11 with 1213 viewsdm97

Celar and Kolli on 08:15 - Aug 11 by The_Beast1976

I stand by my comments. If either of these players come good I'll eat my hat. Not sure Celar even realised he was on a football pitch and was supposed to move around a bit. One of the worst QPR debuts I have witnessed (although at least not as bad as Gus Caesar I guess, but only because he did absolutely nothing, zero, zilch.).

Let's hope we manage to get someone in on loan, otherwise the most of the goals will need to come from our midfielders and defenders again

Time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:17]

One game. One
Celar and Kolli on 10:54 - Aug 11 with 1013 viewsA40Bosh

Celar and Kolli on 09:33 - Aug 11 by dm97

One game. One

Unbelievable

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Celar and Kolli on 10:59 - Aug 11 with 966 viewsNed_Kennedys

Celar and Kolli on 08:04 - Aug 11 by nix

I think I read somewhere on here that Kolli hasn't signed a new contract? Can anyone confirm? Always makes it difficult because you don't want to send someone out on loan, pay their wages only to benefit someone else in the long run.

That’s concerning: does anyone know the length of his contract?
Celar and Kolli on 11:25 - Aug 11 with 894 viewsdmm

Celar and Kolli on 10:59 - Aug 11 by Ned_Kennedys

That’s concerning: does anyone know the length of his contract?

Kolli's contract ends summer 2025.
Celar and Kolli on 11:28 - Aug 11 with 880 viewsessextaxiboy

I have always rated Kolli , streets ahead of Armstrong in technique and temperament. hopefully it was just cramp as posted.

Celar had a difficult time , I think he found the physicality and intensity a wake up call but he needs to be given time to adapt .I think the OP of this thread may not age well come May.
Celar and Kolli on 11:31 - Aug 11 with 863 viewsLadbrokeR

That’s the spirit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024