Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly 13:06 - Aug 8 with 2023 viewsShirtNumbers

1. Seems like all the decent pubs in town were shut due to the threat of far right riots. Frustrating as me and my old man wanted to drink in Steingarten. Ended up having to go in The Standing Order Wetherspoons for cheap pints and microwaved 'food'.

2. Decent view in the Northam Wall but the safe standing has obviously been done on the cheap. Basically just some scaffolding bolted onto the end of the rows. Also, are there meant to be bars outside? There was some sort of structure being built in the car park but no idea if you're meant to get drinks in there. Would be good if that was possible as the queues in the concourse are still big even with a smaller crowd. If I want to get something (which is rare as generally everything they sell is way overpriced) I don't really want to be missing much of the game.

3. Ronnie Edwards, Charly Alcaraz and Ben Brereton Diaz were my standout players. Edwards seemed composed and confident which is impressive for such a young player. Alcaraz was direct and seemed to be the catalyst for all our attacks in the first half. This is a quality that very few players have in our squad and with it seeming more and more unlikely that we will get O'Reilly we should try our hardest to keep Charly. Diaz's goal was taken well and if he gets proper service he could be a great player for us.

4. We have one more friendly left to play and I'm still none the wiser as to what our starting XI will be. I get that it's good to experiment with the team now considering these games don't mean much but it would be nice if we could see an actual spine established. So far, based off our pre season team sheets, the only players who I think are sure to start are Downes and McCarthy. I think we all know what our best backline is but does Martin as it has changed every game.

5. The pink shirt looks even worse in person

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 13:34 - Aug 8 with 1954 viewsPatfromPoole

Insightful stuff, Mr. ShirtNumbers.

You need to post on here more often.

Speaking of which, have we had your Top 3 biscuits?

And perhaps also a Top 3 Wetherspoons, befitting your venue for refreshments last night?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 13:59 - Aug 8 with 1889 viewsShirtNumbers

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 13:34 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

Insightful stuff, Mr. ShirtNumbers.

You need to post on here more often.

Speaking of which, have we had your Top 3 biscuits?

And perhaps also a Top 3 Wetherspoons, befitting your venue for refreshments last night?

I believe I did Top 3 biscuits when I joined back in January.

Top 3 Spoons:
V Shed - Bristol
The Moon In The Square - Bournemouth
The Albert and Lion - Blackpool

None of them however can top The Kingsland Tavern or MELLO MELLO
5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 14:55 - Aug 8 with 1788 viewssaintwizzler

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 13:59 - Aug 8 by ShirtNumbers

I believe I did Top 3 biscuits when I joined back in January.

Top 3 Spoons:
V Shed - Bristol
The Moon In The Square - Bournemouth
The Albert and Lion - Blackpool

None of them however can top The Kingsland Tavern or MELLO MELLO

Have you been to The Lion in Bedford Place?
Wetherspoons with SKY TV.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Front two for WHU game?

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 1663 viewsSonicBoom

Been a strange pre season. We have one friendly left and I don't think we've played anything like a starting 11 v Newcastle. In fact we've been playing Manning in midfield and various defensive line ups. I'm confused by Charlies inclusion too. Blackmoor seems sure that we want to move him on yet he's been playing - why if hes not part of the plans? I suppose by now I wanted to see a shape or some idea of a line up but so far it seems to have been a case of just give everyone a game.
5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 16:01 - Aug 8 with 1655 viewsPatfromPoole

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 15:58 - Aug 8 by SonicBoom

Been a strange pre season. We have one friendly left and I don't think we've played anything like a starting 11 v Newcastle. In fact we've been playing Manning in midfield and various defensive line ups. I'm confused by Charlies inclusion too. Blackmoor seems sure that we want to move him on yet he's been playing - why if hes not part of the plans? I suppose by now I wanted to see a shape or some idea of a line up but so far it seems to have been a case of just give everyone a game.

I thought Charles played well last night.

He was potentially exposed by our line-up, with quite an attacking midfield.

But he was good. Didn’t give the ball away too many times.

Not something I have said too often, in truth.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 16:22 - Aug 8 with 1617 viewsSouthSeaSaint

One thing that confuses me more than most, why is Lumley not getting even 15 mins in any of the pre season games.
Appreciate he wont start in the PREM but at least he needs to get some match practice.
What if McCarthy gets injured?
Lumley then becomes the only option as things stand
5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 1437 viewsSaintNick

The Northam End fan zone opens for the Forest game i believe

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 07:13 - Aug 9 with 1220 viewsGRIM

Don't think RM has any idea of his best side yet either.
Only one friendly left & how many players have played a full 90mins.
The only one I can think of is McCarthy & he's not expected run his socks off for 90mins.
There's going to be lots of 2nd half substitutions in the first few games.
Login to get fewer ads

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 07:40 - Aug 9 with 1150 viewsCity_boy

I watched the highlights only.

The Alcaraz incident baffled me ? It just seemed to blow up and wasn't sure why he had to get involved and do what he did ?

If he was on Lazio's radar , was he deliberately trying to scupper the move ?

I hope he stays. He is the one player that can create things from mid-field and gives fans a break from the sideways/back passes.

This game also reaffirmed what we all know about McCarthy. His judgement was called into question again, and had Lazio's finishing been better, the result could have been a lot worse.

Ben Brereton Diaz did well, but I fear he may not get the service he needs and will be left isolated up front.
5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 15:18 - Aug 9 with 964 viewsIfonly

5 things I noticed at Lazio friendly on 07:40 - Aug 9 by City_boy

I watched the highlights only.

The Alcaraz incident baffled me ? It just seemed to blow up and wasn't sure why he had to get involved and do what he did ?

If he was on Lazio's radar , was he deliberately trying to scupper the move ?

I hope he stays. He is the one player that can create things from mid-field and gives fans a break from the sideways/back passes.

This game also reaffirmed what we all know about McCarthy. His judgement was called into question again, and had Lazio's finishing been better, the result could have been a lot worse.

Ben Brereton Diaz did well, but I fear he may not get the service he needs and will be left isolated up front.

The Alcaraz incident wasn't a one-off. It was the culmination of several niggly incidents. Possibly the least friendly "friendly" that has ever been played. I don't mind seeing some aggression like this. We will need to be physical to survive in the Prem. We need to avoid being the midget pushovers we were under Selles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024