Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread 14:40 - Aug 6 with 48871 viewsMonkey_Roots

This could be my first and last.

Firstly, last season's lasting legacy will hopefully last long into Marti's first full season.

At long last, and for the first time in ages, there's more positivity sprinkled around, and as such, the first game of this season certainly feels a lot less doom-laden than the last first game of last season.

Lastly, I think Varane will get his first taste of the Championship in his first start, nabbing his first goal, and his first MOM award, in this his first game in England.

Long may it last.

1-1
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:25 - Aug 10 with 3573 viewsQPunkR

That was so easy for West Brom it's incredible

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:27 - Aug 10 with 3495 viewsrbee

At least we can now switch off the Geiger Counter.

WBA have lost some good players, had a lousy pre season, Benevolent Park Rangers was just what they needed.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:28 - Aug 10 with 3446 viewsQPunkR

Deeply, deeply pathetic start to the season from almost all involved

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:29 - Aug 10 with 3393 viewskensalriser

Welcome to the new season, everyone. Same as the old season.

Remarkably we're outside the bottom three, so an improvement of sorts.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 3342 viewsSpaceman_P

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:29 - Aug 10 by kensalriser

Welcome to the new season, everyone. Same as the old season.

Remarkably we're outside the bottom three, so an improvement of sorts.

I feel you.... its like groundhog day again.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 3311 viewsCamberleyR

Sorry Monkey, it's with regret but

[Post edited 10 Aug 17:09]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:31 - Aug 10 with 3266 viewsjoolsyp

Didn’t see the game (bloody 4.30 am kick-offs in Vancouver!) but the BBC match stats showed that we had 12 shots to WBA with 6 on target. Slight positive? Interested to hear how Varane played when he came on. Hope Kolli’s injury is nothing serious.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 3128 viewsHAYESBOY

We played with more intensity in the friendlies against Spuds and Brighton. That was a shocking performance. No energy in closing down.
Shocking at the back. Static for the crosses and the ball was too easy to get in the box.

WBA are not a good side at the moment yet we let them stroll around with the ball and keep possession into our half so easily.
I am hoping if these two wingers come in and Chair gets fit we can look a different side.

So disappointing.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 3118 viewsted_hendrix

Bit of a stinker and we'll have a few more over the course of the season.

Result Is history now so I'm assuming our players will be at work on the training pitch tomorrow morning learning how to do what I thought they could do and that's defend better.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:36 - Aug 10 with 3097 viewsOakR

Well the best team one.

They passed the ball around quickly and we struggled to get it back.

Poor marking for the first 2 goals they scored, unlucky deflection for the last one.

Not many positives, but it's just one game. Hopeful Varane and our potential new players can add a bit of pace to us, plus Chair coming back of course, we could be a very different side.

End product and bit of quality in the final third definitely missing for us today (apart from our goal), and strangely off defensively for thhe goals.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 3064 viewsE17hoop

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 12:04 - Aug 10 by E17hoop

I don't ever recall seeing us winning at home on my birthday before.

Hoping it changes today.

Nope.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 10 with 3047 viewsAntti_Heinola

We weren’t terrible as in the Watford game, but it was a stroll for west brom really.
Squad looks very thin, and we missed Hayden massively, a lot more than i thought.
There were positives, and West Brom are a good side with an excellent manager. They didn’t create a lot but were very clinical. We were not at all clinical, and lacked a lot of quality. Andersen played really well, Varane looked like a positive, it was a fab goal when we did score, but that’s it.
Its also one game. Not the time to panic.

Bare bones.

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 10 with 3036 viewscorse

Varanne did ok. From the few minutes on the pitch I could tell. Does seem to have a good eye for positioning and definitely was on the positive side. But Colback and Field are the real concerns and I doubt we will see much of Kolli/ Lloyd anymore if the Japanese one and Dembele are signing up.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:39 - Aug 10 with 3004 viewsTheDoudouDolls

Didn’t really dominant for any more than 10-15 minutes and then continued to do what we’d done, scored from a cross, and hoped that it would somehow work again despite both West Brom centre halves being 6’3+.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 2822 viewsNov77

For those who said ‘it’s only a friendly’ the writing was on the wall against Brighton, that was an abysmal performance, we’re no way near prepared or ready.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 2761 viewsQPunkR

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

We weren’t terrible as in the Watford game, but it was a stroll for west brom really.
Squad looks very thin, and we missed Hayden massively, a lot more than i thought.
There were positives, and West Brom are a good side with an excellent manager. They didn’t create a lot but were very clinical. We were not at all clinical, and lacked a lot of quality. Andersen played really well, Varane looked like a positive, it was a fab goal when we did score, but that’s it.

Can't see how Andersen played really well personally. Very good movement and header for the goal but in possession he was poor. Without Chair he looks half the player

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:51 - Aug 10 with 2629 viewsMonkey_Roots

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:30 - Aug 10 by CamberleyR

Sorry Monkey, it's with regret but

[Post edited 10 Aug 17:09]

Yeah, awful.

Sorry guys.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:55 - Aug 10 with 2537 viewsNorthLondonR

Paul Nardi, Paul Nardi, pretty sure there is nothing to be scared of...
Don't you ever, don't you ever, don't ever launch it long from a deadball...

Or some such
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:58 - Aug 10 with 2459 viewsrbee

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:48 - Aug 10 by QPunkR

Can't see how Andersen played really well personally. Very good movement and header for the goal but in possession he was poor. Without Chair he looks half the player

Interesting as I was thinking along the same lines. Stick Andersen in the 70's Dutch side and he is world class. Still a good player for us hopefully.

Training will be easy this week, how to stop crosses coming in and defend in and around your six yard box a whole lot better.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:59 - Aug 10 with 2439 viewsBurnleyhoop

Outclassed in pretty much every department.

Celar had no service but had zero impact on the game. No better than Dykes on first impressions. Need to see how clinical he is in front of goal should he ever get a goal scoring opportunity.

Field and Colback look ponderous together. Varane will replace Colback and not a moment too soon.

Need chair back and Dembele out on the right. I like Smythe, but he’s not championship quality.

West Brom looked very strong and well drilled. We have a long way to go but are moving in the right direction.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:00 - Aug 10 with 2421 viewsconnell10

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:38 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

Anderson?? Curates egg game , should have had Hatrick....Freys miss just wtf ????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:02 - Aug 10 with 2383 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 14:48 - Aug 10 by QPunkR

I was at the game and Andersen was excellent.
Smyth did alright and Frey was a step up from Celar when he came on (apart from the air shot)
Paal very poor as was Dunne defensively (although he did ok further forward).
Kolli and Lloyd not at the level yet.

West Brom we’re the better team in all regards. Clinical finishing.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:12 - Aug 10 with 2171 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Well that was awful and quite concerning. Took the lead and then sat back and handed them the match. They won't have an easier afternoon all season.

Felt like a 'Bare Bones' Redknapp performance as though Marti wanted to show we need players through the door. Do not understand where our press from last season went - we were strolling around like it was a testimonial.

I know it's one game but Celar was atrocious. He looked like he wanted the ball played literally on his foot and couldn't be arsed to move if it wasn't.

Smyth just not good enough at this level other than as an impact sub. No end product and culpable for their equaliser.

Thought Lucas and Alfie Lloyd were the only ones who looked bothered.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:13 - Aug 10 with 2154 viewsJevlar

These 12:30 kick offs as well. I hate them and think it has a real negative impact for the atmosphere.

Deader than disco.
[Post edited 10 Aug 15:14]
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:16 - Aug 10 with 2108 viewsManinBlack

Albion are a side we struggle to beat these days no matter how we play. We were excellent against them a few months ago but didn't win. Today we were the opposite and lost easily. It still looks like if our team doesn't play at 100% maximum in this league we lose. Rather concerning to return to the disease of conceding three at home, something that inflicted us a lot before Marti arrived.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024