Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) 13:37 - Jul 20 with 17571 viewsaston_hoop

Thought I'd start one, see if I can find some form in pre-season ahead of starting match threads for the coming season.

Can Celar play today?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:54 - Jul 20 with 3620 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lots of positives there and it was a good game.

Early days but we look alright.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:55 - Jul 20 with 3536 viewsterryb

That was a good workout for us & I thought our youngsters performed well. Lloyd looked a real handful.
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:58 - Jul 20 with 3377 viewsHAYESBOY

Encouraged by that. Especially the youngsters that came on last 20 mins. Pity we didn't score. Dykes with nearly 2. Koli great first half. EDB good as well. Smyth a danger first half.

Pleased with that.

Interesting to see where Chair is. Hopefully he just has a knock and they have decided not to risk him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 3338 viewsDWQPR

Thoroughly enjoyed that match and I don’t think one player on the Rangers side had a poor game. Very encouraged by the kids that came on. Kelli, Lloyd, Tuck, Bennie all looked like they belonged, Nardi looks a great signing. Ok Spurs in both halves had a smattering of youth players mixed in with £40million+ players but I suspect that most of their kids would walk into most championship sides given that they can pick and choose the best youth talent along with the rest of the puppy farms dotted around the country. Really enjoyed the way Rangers played, plenty of passing and movement and our own press wasn’t too shabby. Could have had two or three ourselves with a bit more luck. Think we might surprise a few teams and bookmakers this season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 3337 viewsAndybrat

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:55 - Jul 20 by terryb

That was a good workout for us & I thought our youngsters performed well. Lloyd looked a real handful.

Echo that, real confidence about him, never realised he was that big ( as in thought he was small)
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 3318 viewsMedwayR

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:26 - Jul 20 by WD99

Was Spence the player Warnock didn’t get on with at Boro? He looks like he could play in a lower prem side…

Yeah, he supposedly has an incredibly poor attitude hence he keeps getting bombed out on loan despite clearly having talent.

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 17:01 - Jul 20 with 3256 viewsMelakaRanger

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:54 - Jul 20 by Metallica_Hoop

Lots of positives there and it was a good game.

Early days but we look alright.

Agreed. Encouraging
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 17:23 - Jul 20 with 2790 viewsrichranger

Frey wasn’t offside - was whoever crossed it to him. I was right inline
Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 17:49 - Jul 20 with 2459 viewsaston_hoop

Pleased to see Alfie Tuck acquit himself well today. He's one I really like and thought that was a really tidy performance from him

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 17:54 - Jul 20 with 2397 viewsaston_hoop

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 16:51 - Jul 20 by StreathamRanger

That Dykes header was in all the way. World class save.

They nicked that youth keeper who played the second half off of us too! bastards

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 18:37 - Jul 20 with 2092 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who was the player taking the corners second half who looked like Ed Milliband?

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 18:46 - Jul 20 with 2015 viewsStreathamRanger

🤣🤣he is a bit of a ringer for Ed Miliband.
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 18:49 - Jul 20 with 1986 viewsstevec

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 18:37 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not one of ours I hope.
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 19:05 - Jul 20 with 1858 viewsHAYESBOY

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 18:37 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Santos. First couple of corners were gash, but he got his eye in and the rest were pretty good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 1146 viewssdm1508

I really get the feeling that Santos has been brought in as a midfielder/winger who can provide cover at right back. 3rd game in and Dunne still playing right back. I think Marti might be working in Dunnes weakness in that position based on how he wants to play because Dunnes positives for the side are too good to miss out on. Colback looked a bit off the pace. Do think either Hayden or another (played called Varane) needed.
Anyone know why Dunne was captain? Maybe he will be for season or have different people had it during pre season?
QPR v Spurs (Match Thread) on 09:57 - Jul 21 with 1080 viewskernowhoop

What an enjoyable game that was. We all know that we should not draw too many conclusions from pre-season friendlies, when so many players are trying to get fitter and up to speed, but without getting hurt. But, just compare the 0-2 defeat by Spurs with that defeat at Oxford, last year. We have come a long way; we have refreshed our football identity; the players seem to be enjoying it and the young ones show great promise.
All this is not enough to win the league, but, there is no reason why we should not have an exciting season. Bring it on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024