Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread 00:17 - Dec 18 with 12164 viewsModeratorC

Apparently it’s going to be bouncing on Friday !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61521/alan-sheehan-pre-m
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61525/swansea-city-v-pre
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61527/was-this-the-end-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 23:58 - Dec 23 with 602 viewslifelong

🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 23:53 - Dec 23 by KeithHaynes

The managers seem to like him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, even one manager of an opposing side this season described Grimes as one of the best midfield players in the Championship.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 00:09 - Dec 24 with 578 viewsDr_Winston

It's almost as if they don't have to watch him play every week.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 00:18 - Dec 24 with 574 viewsFireboy2

🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 23:53 - Dec 23 by KeithHaynes

The managers seem to like him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And he never gets injured.
🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 02:00 - Dec 24 with 548 viewsRichardO

🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 23:58 - Dec 23 by lifelong

Yes, even one manager of an opposing side this season described Grimes as one of the best midfield players in the Championship.

As an opposing manager I would be happy to praise Grimes especially as I could capitalise on his lack of pace which can and has been exploited, yes on the front foot he is an asset but how often is he seen on the back foot in the middle of the defence.
Grimes has been relieved of a number of duties by successive managers whether it be free kicks, corners or last man at our attacking corners, how much longer do we keep on covering he deficiencies which any half decent midfielder couldl do better. now might not be the time to change him but if we are safe later on in the season then try someone new, if we are not safe later on in the season then it would be imperative that he be replaced.
🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 492 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 00:18 - Dec 24 by Fireboy2

And he never gets injured.

Maybe because he plays within himself or simply doesn’t get “ stuck I”
As regards ,other managers, they might build him up only to shoot him down .
These other managers don’t seem to be forming a queue to buy him and haven’t really for five years
Better players attract ,then they’re off .
Grimesey still here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UPDATED : Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 10:12 - Dec 24 with 471 viewsDr_Winston

UPDATED : Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 22:47 - Dec 23 by vetchonian

totally agree Doc
we're the likes of Tosh,Molby,Roberto,Brendan or Laudrup appointed based on statistical data?
look at he football they gave us compared to for example who was chosen on his possession stats....and Duff on his "results " stats
"

Rodgers was absolutely recruited based on stats. His insistence that teams with a certain level of possession were more likely to win games is probably the first time that I ever paid much attention to them.

I just think it's the way things are now. Coaches are classroom trained to hold these ludicrous licences, rather than learning their skills on the job by basically doing an apprenticeship under other, more experienced managers. Everything has become stale, formulaic and theory based, and it's not holding my interest all that much any more.

It's not a shock to see coaches brought up in the modern way rave about Grimes (not enough to actually sign him mind) because he's everything that they've been taught is important.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 10:13]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 10:40 - Dec 24 with 464 viewssw02sea

It seems written in stone, no matter who’s in charge, that the most famous double act since Morcombe & Wise, ie. Grimes & Fulton, must play in the same team.
If this is the case, keep them as far apart from each other as possible.
Play Grimes as a No10, and let Fulton play the “Grimes” DM roll in front of the defence.
This alleviates 2 things, they’re private game of “To you, to me” which slows everything down, and makes Grimes having to think faster, and thus play quicker.
I’ve always thought he can thread a pass, plus given the opportunity, shoot more.
Personally I think Fulton has offered very little, and would be better coming off the bench if we needed to close the game down.
What ever formation we use, the obvious elephant in the room is our lack of pace, be it in midfield or out wide.
This HAS to be addressed, or we could sleep walk into relegation territory.
I hope Watson and Coleman aren’t Sleep walking come January.
UPDATED : Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 11:21 - Dec 24 with 421 viewsunion_jack

UPDATED : Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 22:33 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

Statistically it probably makes perfect sense in terms of completed passes and ball retention. Yet more evidence that the modern obsession with statistical analysis and "Moneyball" shite is sucking every bit of fun out of the game. It's telling that those who rave about Grimes over the last four years can reel off his numbers but are at a loss when challenged to provide examples of his importance.

Diego Maradona once won MOTM in a game despite having possession of the ball for about 30 seconds out of 90 minutes. No doubt by modern standards his contribution was minimal. I hate the way that the game is going. All fun, flair, imagination and spontaneity is being forced out in service to racking up meaningless percentages.

The objective of possession football is not or should I say should not be to get all excited at the end of the game as to how much of the ball we had. If done properly, it’s done to pull the opposing team out of shape and exploit gaps on the flanks or CM.

However, nowadays when we do the passing around the back, opposing teams adopt the high press, shout “boo” and we go to pieces, couple that to the fact that we need to know an oppositions weakness so as to exploit it which I see little evidence of.

Finally, for it to work properly we need PACE as an outlet. We have none and if the January incomings (if any) bring us anything, please let it be that,

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024