Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** 19:20 - Oct 4 with 13129 viewsModeratorC

Welcome to the Swans Indy match day thread. Much talked about by other clubs supporters, Norwich were so enamoured with our thread they all got in a Tiswas. For those that don’t know Tiswas meant ‘Today is Saturday Watch and smile’

Well, today isn’t Saturday yet, unless it is, but it will be, if it’s not already, regardless of what day it is today. Tiswas was filmed and produced actually in Home Park when Chris Tarrant was nine. Quintin took Tarrants surname, added an O and the rest is history.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61031/cabango-out-for-th

This post has been edited by an administrator
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:17 - Oct 7 with 1828 viewsjack247

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:06 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

Thanks
I was obsessed now only to make a point which you might have noted,ie,the fact our players were mucked about too often yet many fans would not have a bad word said about him .it was grotesque what we witnessed . Two seasons wasted . Good players like Cabango treated horrendously ,then the spectacle of a keeper too bad to criticise as it would be too cruel.
Bob Bradley’s name often pops up as a bete noire but the former coach beats him hands down in every possible bad way .

Duff started from lower than ground zero.

To be fair, he had his acolytes, but he generally got hammered on here, apart from the two runs we went on.

Regardless, I wanted Duff sacked after the Cardiff game. He’s made me eat my words.

Although I didn’t think it was a great performance today, we rode our luck and ground out a result, as has already been mentioned by others on this thread, by grit and workmanship.

Cullens header for Yates’ goal a microcosm of the team spirit.

The two you mentioned, Rushworth and Lowe were both excellent again, I agree.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:18 - Oct 7 with 1808 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:17 - Oct 7 by jack247

To be fair, he had his acolytes, but he generally got hammered on here, apart from the two runs we went on.

Regardless, I wanted Duff sacked after the Cardiff game. He’s made me eat my words.

Although I didn’t think it was a great performance today, we rode our luck and ground out a result, as has already been mentioned by others on this thread, by grit and workmanship.

“ hammered” only by Maxwells .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:20 - Oct 7 with 1792 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Did Russell Martin team ever win 4 league games in a row?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:24 - Oct 7 with 1786 viewsbuilthjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:18 - Oct 7 by KeithHaynes

He couldn’t get in our team 😂

Shouldnt

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:24 - Oct 7 with 1773 viewsonehunglow

I also like goal thieves like Eddie Yates.
Every team needs a Yates,a real team man .
And Walsh finished a game …

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:25 - Oct 7 with 1770 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:17 - Oct 7 by jack247

We had a decent keeper, as we have had all season. Fisher lost us numerous games, Millwall away an example,
Rushworth ensured we won today, not so much riding our luck.
Competence.
That’s his job mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:26 - Oct 7 with 1758 viewsjack247

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:18 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

“ hammered” only by Maxwells .

I’ve no idea what that means.

We won today, we’re on a great run. Look forward not back.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:27 - Oct 7 with 1746 viewsbuilthjack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:20 - Oct 7 by felixstowe_jack

Did Russell Martin team ever win 4 league games in a row?

Twice last season

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:27 - Oct 7 with 1740 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:25 - Oct 7 by KeithHaynes

We had a decent keeper, as we have had all season. Fisher lost us numerous games, Millwall away an example,
Competence.
That’s his job mind.

TBH ,I’m getting mancfushy on Ashworth / Rushworth . It’s Carl from now on .
Today he was on the ground literally putting his body on the line for the team.
We ve not seen that for several seasons .

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:29 - Oct 7 with 1742 viewsAnotherJohn

I thought we played as well as we have in any game this season. The acid test will come when we play Leicester, who will offer a bigger challenge than Plymouth, who look like they will be in the relegation mix.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:34 - Oct 7 with 1720 viewsjack247

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:25 - Oct 7 by KeithHaynes

Competence.
That’s his job mind.

Not Rushworth riding his luck. The Swans as a team.

They had 16 shots to our 14. We could have had 2 penalties. They missed a point blank header, can’t remember if it was at 1-1 or 2-1. One of those games that was fairly even but either team could have been out of sight by half time.

Duff will be concerned with how easily they repeatedly opened us up. But….we’re a work in progress, have key defenders out and we look great going forward.

I haven’t attempted to compare Rushworth and Fisher, I’d get the same result as everyone else.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:36 - Oct 7 with 1704 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:34 - Oct 7 by jack247

Not Rushworth riding his luck. The Swans as a team.

They had 16 shots to our 14. We could have had 2 penalties. They missed a point blank header, can’t remember if it was at 1-1 or 2-1. One of those games that was fairly even but either team could have been out of sight by half time.

Duff will be concerned with how easily they repeatedly opened us up. But….we’re a work in progress, have key defenders out and we look great going forward.

I haven’t attempted to compare Rushworth and Fisher, I’d get the same result as everyone else.

I saw progress and thought I saw process .
I’m hVing another beer.
It’s Rugby time

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:39 - Oct 7 with 1701 viewsjack247

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:36 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

I’m hVing another beer.
It’s Rugby time

Process is evident for sure. Progress from a few weeks ago for sure. I thought we looked much better against Norwich, who were one of the better teams we’ve played.

Maybe it’s just me who thought they broke us down quite easily.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:48 - Oct 7 with 1659 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:36 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

I’m hVing another beer.
It’s Rugby time

lol my Brother 😂 Samoa were unlucky.
Thaght we could pass the twin town couldn't even beat western Samoa on to them!
Not to be though...

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:49 - Oct 7 with 1651 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:27 - Oct 7 by builthjack

Twice last season

Thanks took him over a season to do it. 😉

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:51 - Oct 7 with 1651 viewsRhonddaSwans

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:49 - Oct 7 by felixstowe_jack

Thanks took him over a season to do it. 😉

Didn't Russy let Jamal Messi go?

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:56 - Oct 7 with 1617 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:51 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

Didn't Russy let Jamal Messi go?

I'm not sure its ever our manager/coach who let's players go unless it's out on loan.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:01 - Oct 7 with 1402 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:48 - Oct 7 by RhonddaSwans

lol my Brother 😂 Samoa were unlucky.
Thaght we could pass the twin town couldn't even beat western Samoa on to them!
Not to be though...

Samoa bottled it matey
There ya go.
I well remember Western Samoa .
I was presented with a rugby ball with the score written on it from the lads at my station.
It was a tough day ,trust me

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:13 - Oct 7 with 1363 viewsvetchonian

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:26 - Oct 7 by jack247

I’ve no idea what that means.

We won today, we’re on a great run. Look forward not back.

Hammered as by Maxwells Silver Hammer

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:19 - Oct 7 with 1351 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:13 - Oct 7 by vetchonian

Hammered as by Maxwells Silver Hammer

You looked that up

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:44 - Oct 7 with 1283 viewsvetchonian

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 20:19 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

You looked that up

I didn't.......know the song well.....im a certain vintage

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 22:43 - Oct 7 with 1090 viewsSullutaCreturned

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:27 - Oct 7 by builthjack

Twice last season

And in between those occassions we only won 3 in 21 games.

Right, Rushworth won it for us today, IMO. When the game was in the balance he prduced some great saves,
I thought Pedersen was brilliant, he worked so hard.

It is a proper team, they all work for each other. it's not always the best quality but we can win ugly, maybe a bit more style will come with time.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 22:48 - Oct 7 with 1077 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 22:43 - Oct 7 by SullutaCreturned

Right, Rushworth won it for us today, IMO. When the game was in the balance he prduced some great saves,

It is a proper team, they all work for each other. it's not always the best quality but we can win ugly, maybe a bit more style will come with time.

Was the beer that good ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 23:00 - Oct 7 with 1039 viewsswan_si

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 22:43 - Oct 7 by SullutaCreturned

You misspelled Paterson, I dont think anyone noticed.😉
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 00:08 - Oct 8 with 967 viewsmajorraglan

Great win, 3 points in the bag! Triffic!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024