Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report 21:28 - Aug 6 with 17361 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60577
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:16 - Aug 7 with 2560 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:07 - Aug 7 by daveB

I genuinely didn't realise he played second half until i read this report, I thought he went off at half time. I can't remember seeing him second half

Exactly the same. Jamie sitting next to me said "fcking hell Dozzell" after 85 minutes and I couldn't believe he was still there, thought he'd gone off with the half time changes. And yet you've still got the chicken children on Twitter saying he's a "baller".
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 2502 viewsjoe90

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 09:59 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

I don’t condone it, but Chair and Willock, two technical players who have excelled as dual number 10s, tearing the best teams in the league a new one, I suspect are non-plused by the sort of attritional football GA wants to play. GA reminds me of Ollie: I loved how Warbs would take a little ‘un like Chair and stick him in the middle. Ollie, like GA, would have no clue what to do with him and shove him on the wing. That’s where we are now. If they ate sulking its wrong and they need to get on with it… but i have some sympathy for them.

To be fair to Ollie did he not play Chair in the middle of 3 with Eze and Bright when we beat Birmingham 3-1 a few seasons ago? We lined up 4-2-3-1. Always remember that game because Chair and Bright both scored and because it felt great seeing five ‘young’ players (if you include Kakay and Furlong) and feeling like we were going somewhere. That’s how I remember it.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 13:10]
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:29 - Aug 7 with 2486 viewsCateLeBonR

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:28 - Aug 6 by daveB

Quite a big part of me now thinks just sod FFP, go and spend what is needed and take the points deduction next season if they ever get round to handing it out, will probably be suspended like everyone else seems to be anyway

Not talking about going mad with millions but put together a competitive squad for christ sake

We do that all the time though. I think that was what Gareth Ainsworth meant with his ‘papering over the cracks’ comment the other week. Spending money that we don’t have is just delaying the inevitable. I think he feels that we have to stop it now, even if it means relegation (though hopefully not) and find our floor. Then you can rebuild similar to how other clubs that we now envy have done. I do kind of think he’s right but it’s a difficult sell to us fans.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:42 - Aug 7 with 2440 viewsE15Hoop

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:27 - Aug 7 by joe90

To be fair to Ollie did he not play Chair in the middle of 3 with Eze and Bright when we beat Birmingham 3-1 a few seasons ago? We lined up 4-2-3-1. Always remember that game because Chair and Bright both scored and because it felt great seeing five ‘young’ players (if you include Kakay and Furlong) and feeling like we were going somewhere. That’s how I remember it.

I was at that game too, Joe. Front row seat in Ellerslie, right on the halfway line.
Happy days indeed, and like you, I thought we'd build successfully and consistently on what we saw that day.

I am now officially resigning my membership of the "happy clappers" squad. I think the pessimists may in fact have been right all along, and I humbly apologise to each and everyone of them, as something is undeniably still rotting in the state of W12.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 2434 viewsibnumber10

Great report again Clive, looks like the boat is sinking fast!
The squad he inherited is not suited to whatever style of football he is trying to play. A lot of posters on here can’t understand his set up, and I think the players can’t understand it either or are not buying into it, certainly our better players. I think he’s lost quite a few and the rest aren’t up to the level.
Can’t see where we are getting goals, clean sheets or wins from to get to 50 points, I think we’ll struggle to get 20 points at this rate.
Thing is how long do the board / owners go along with this and if they push the button who takes the job? Or in that scenario is it another Hall / Ramsey meek surrender appointment to take us into league 1?
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 2385 viewsDavieQPR

When I first started watching Rangers in the 1950s our tactics were to have two fast wingers to cross into the middle for two big forwards. Seventy years later and we are playing with the same tactic.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 2328 viewsWatford_Ranger

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:16 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Exactly the same. Jamie sitting next to me said "fcking hell Dozzell" after 85 minutes and I couldn't believe he was still there, thought he'd gone off with the half time changes. And yet you've still got the chicken children on Twitter saying he's a "baller".

Can we arrange something for the 2 year anniversary of that pass at Cardiff those kids still use as the argument for why he’s class and Field etc. are holding him back from “cooking”?
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:07 - Aug 7 with 2322 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:03 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

Can we arrange something for the 2 year anniversary of that pass at Cardiff those kids still use as the argument for why he’s class and Field etc. are holding him back from “cooking”?

This is his third season and we're still on 0 goals and 1 assist I think.
Login to get fewer ads

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:34 - Aug 7 with 2177 viewsWatford_Ranger

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:07 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Quite the career. If my maths is right he’s started 121 pro games (including Ipswich) and been subbed off 54 times. Three goals, four assists. 28 yellows and 2 reds which is something for a player who rarely gets within ten yards of the ball.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-dozzell/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/34646
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 13:35]
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:36 - Aug 7 with 2168 viewsCLAREMAN1995

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:08 - Aug 7 by denhamhoop2

No self respecting footballer would join us currently bar those seeking a paycheque way above their ability. It is only a matter of time before GA gets sacked because there are actually some players at this club who can play at this level but not in this team and with this brand of passive sit back and let the opposition play style. Just like a previous favourite of mine Waddock he has been given the job purely because he was a fine player for us. Not another Championship club have ever hinted at wanting GA as manager and he is showing exactly why

Great post here denhamhoop2 and you answered one of my questions I wanted to ask since we appointed GA. How many times has he been linked with other jobs in the 10 years he was rebuilding Wycombe apart from QPR .
It sounds like none but the big question is why and is he truly in too deep here now .
Its all very frustrating and worrying and getting worse by the day sadly
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:37 - Aug 7 with 2166 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:34 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

Quite the career. If my maths is right he’s started 121 pro games (including Ipswich) and been subbed off 54 times. Three goals, four assists. 28 yellows and 2 reds which is something for a player who rarely gets within ten yards of the ball.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-dozzell/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/34646
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 13:35]

Well his red for us was for retaliating in a scuffle at the end of a home game with Bournemouth, and it was Stroud.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:43 - Aug 7 with 2130 viewsRs_Holy

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:03 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

Looks like he is here until June next year then ... Soooo frustrating when you consider the Ipswich fans described him perfectly when he left there.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:44 - Aug 7 with 2128 viewsParkRoyalR

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:07 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Funny how it is with players but after disciplined running display against Watford at home last season I thought there might be some hope and then Wimbledon 2nd Half strolling around and it was over, full + final for me and Mr Dozzell.

Dozzell needs to be moved on and replaced with a non-league player who does'nt have a phobia about running and wants a career in pro-football, unlike Mr Dozzell who seems to be looking at his back-catalogue rather than trying to progress as a player.

I had a similar experience with Mr Washington a few years back, also against Wimbledon in a pre-season, he's running through on goal from the half-way line, I'm right behind the goal thinking 1) take it early + lob keeper 2) ok, if not, travel another 10 yards and create an angle for a shot from 20 yards 3) mmmh, still trundling with the ball, what now, as he approached the keeper straight-on, no angle for shot and lifted into his mid-riff.

Similar to Mr Dozzell I wanted him moved on from that moment, to create space in the squad for someone who might, just might, become a championship level footballer.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2115 viewsbosh67

I flirt between being annoyed that Ainsworth seems to have very little idea of how best to play a paper thin squad and also feeling very sympathetic to the fact that he is really playing with scraps. I dearly hope he can turn it around but I can't really see any sunshine here. If he doesn't make it and goes expect to hear some choice words from him as to what he was given.

The training ground compared to the squad feels like classic fur coat no knickers but I think it half says it all. Kenilworth Road is falling down and they train in very poor facilities, but Luton has a team that works very hard and believes. As club owners you try and get the team right and the right mentality before you beautify the surroundings. At least that is how I would do it, and perhaps why I don't own or run a football club.

My biggest fear is that it feels like the players just aren't buying into Ainsworth, or Critchley before him. Ainsworth doesn't do himself too many favours talking about us not coming 24th. So far he's failed on that front. For me we need a decent centre back and somehow to find a half decent striker. Anyone with actual Championship experience really.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 14:11 - Aug 7 with 1999 viewsLblock

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 13:36 - Aug 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Great post here denhamhoop2 and you answered one of my questions I wanted to ask since we appointed GA. How many times has he been linked with other jobs in the 10 years he was rebuilding Wycombe apart from QPR .
It sounds like none but the big question is why and is he truly in too deep here now .
Its all very frustrating and worrying and getting worse by the day sadly

Has been linked with Preston nd Blackburn Rovers in the recent past.

I think he was also spoken about in relation to Huddersfield job but probably just by SkyBet looking to create a market.

From reading this message board last few days I need to revisit my feeling this season was going to be tough...... it's now clear this season will be festering turd.
Good time to go into Administration and mitigate some long terms debts maybe for the clowns in charge?
Sell at a huge loss but cut away the drain you've caused?

We'll see.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 14:34 - Aug 7 with 1914 viewsCiderwithRsie

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 07:01 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Went looking for sieges with particularly brutal death counts - actually a very interesting worm hole for a Sunday morning

Yeah, I'd never heard of the thing, and now I'm better educated.

Probably the most positive thing to come out of the match for me.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:11 - Aug 7 with 1792 viewsbosh67

It's an excellent and brutal write up Clive. Perhaps they should pin that to the wall v Cardiff next week and be motivated to understand what the fans really think.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:15 - Aug 7 with 1784 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:11 - Aug 7 by bosh67

It's an excellent and brutal write up Clive. Perhaps they should pin that to the wall v Cardiff next week and be motivated to understand what the fans really think.

Well in addition to a bigger boat they're going to need a bigger wall as well because they've still got to post all the season previews up there.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 1750 viewsSK_hoops

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:04 - Aug 7 by daveB

Ainsworth was saying 2 weeks ago he's fitter than he's been since 2021 so unless that is more bullshit from Ainsworth I'm not sure what he's supposed to do if we don't pick him. He wasn't good in pre season but neither were several others who started at Watford

Thought him and Chair were as good as, if not better than anyone first half against Wimbledon.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:42 - Aug 7 with 1674 viewsTheChef

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 23:02 - Aug 6 by daveB

Willock started every pre season game then benched for Kelman on the first game of the season, absolutely bizarre

The more i hear from Ainsworth he comes across as quite weird, I get being positive but you need also to get angry and call players out from time to time, it's all too easy and comfortable at QPR to the point you can piss around and not put it in as the manager will back you anyway

Critchley called the players out and look what happened there. Player power has gone too far unfortunately.

Feels like there are too many bad eggs still around from last season (Willock, Richards, Dozzell, I'd include Chair as well), if the majority of the squad aren't pulling for the coaching staff then you've got a big issue straight off the bat.

We need a starting eleven as far removed from what we saw last season, we're not there quite yet.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 1643 viewsMonkey_Roots

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 15:42 - Aug 7 by TheChef

Critchley called the players out and look what happened there. Player power has gone too far unfortunately.

Feels like there are too many bad eggs still around from last season (Willock, Richards, Dozzell, I'd include Chair as well), if the majority of the squad aren't pulling for the coaching staff then you've got a big issue straight off the bat.

We need a starting eleven as far removed from what we saw last season, we're not there quite yet.

We will end up with a starting XI miles away from last season - they'll all be 35 years old.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 16:04 - Aug 7 with 1586 viewspaulparker

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:27 - Aug 7 by joe90

Imo the club really fcuked up getting rid of Ollie that season
Ok he was inconsistent at times and chopped and changed but he was playing Smyth , had manning in the midfield, started Eze in the cup , he started Hall as a holding midfielder ( his best position)
He had Penrice doing the scouting and we got in bargains like Freeman & BOS
Then the board wanted that scratch itching and we ended up with Mclaren which set us back 2 seasons imo
Losing Penrice was a big blow as well as he could spot a player

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 16:13 - Aug 7 with 1551 viewsNorthernr

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 16:04 - Aug 7 by paulparker

Imo the club really fcuked up getting rid of Ollie that season
Ok he was inconsistent at times and chopped and changed but he was playing Smyth , had manning in the midfield, started Eze in the cup , he started Hall as a holding midfielder ( his best position)
He had Penrice doing the scouting and we got in bargains like Freeman & BOS
Then the board wanted that scratch itching and we ended up with Mclaren which set us back 2 seasons imo
Losing Penrice was a big blow as well as he could spot a player

Did say at the time, and same with to some extent Warburton, when a guy is fulfilling the remit you've given him it's an odd decision to sack him.
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 16:26 - Aug 7 with 1483 viewsEastR

3 things we need to do with immediate effect:
- Sell Willock. For buttons if needed, he’s like a bad smell hanging round the place and that’s not going to change. Use the wages freed up to get someone in who’s going to graft and make some kind of contribution.
- Bin Richards. He clearly can’t be arsed, we can’t afford to pay him off, just sideline away from the first team squad, leave him there and suck up the cost as a write off.
- I’m sure this is already happening but get what we can for Chair now before the end of the transfer window. That’s our only chance of being able to add to the squad with loans etc

And GW should walk away. Call it as an impossible job for him at this point. Nobody would blame him and he’d recover any goodwill already lost.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 1435 viewsterryb

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:56 - Aug 7 by DavieQPR

When I first started watching Rangers in the 1950s our tactics were to have two fast wingers to cross into the middle for two big forwards. Seventy years later and we are playing with the same tactic.

Without two fast wingers & only one in the box!

I know exactly what you mean though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024