Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The devil 12:23 - Jul 30 with 3914 viewsSullutaCreturned

We've had quite a few dicussions about religion so, from the other side of that coin what about the Devil. If you believe in a god then you have to believe in the evil side of that religion, don't you? Fallen angels, Old Nick,

What if Beelzebub is actually the good guy?

Discuss...
The devil on 13:06 - Aug 1 with 624 viewsSullutaCreturned

The devil on 21:00 - Jul 31 by Wingstandwood

There is a Christian doctrine (heard it with my own ears to my own astonishment) that says (on Google also) "good people do not go to heaven, only forgiven people so".

The Presbyterian guy told me that God would for example forgive (he of a different religion) beheading serial killer Jihadi John if he repented his sins by seeking salvation from Jesus. I learnt at the same time that Jesus is a prophet in the Koran relegated to "son of Mary" (and not God) status.

Rather cruelly and outrageously unfair by comparison i.e. a kind, loving, selfless and decent charity volunteer for example would go to hell if sins were not repented however minor. And I was told that even thinking can be sinful e.g. someone can commit adultery just by thinking the wrong way. That is what I was told

So yes indeed God does move in mysterious ways. And? You can see why one lot in Northern Ireland was just as bad as the other lot at times.

I'm on my way to hell then. I'd ask a person for forgiveness but not a church/religion.

If a terrorist can be forgiven for doing what the vicar says then the vicar should say the punishment is to confess to the police.
The devil on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 617 viewsonehunglow

The devil on 20:06 - Jul 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course we are more intelligent than other animals.
This has to do with morality because of that very intelligence.
Some have it and many don't.

Look around any town centre and you ll find evidence to the contrary

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The devil on 13:54 - Aug 1 with 617 viewsonehunglow

The devil on 21:00 - Jul 31 by Wingstandwood

There is a Christian doctrine (heard it with my own ears to my own astonishment) that says (on Google also) "good people do not go to heaven, only forgiven people so".

The Presbyterian guy told me that God would for example forgive (he of a different religion) beheading serial killer Jihadi John if he repented his sins by seeking salvation from Jesus. I learnt at the same time that Jesus is a prophet in the Koran relegated to "son of Mary" (and not God) status.

Rather cruelly and outrageously unfair by comparison i.e. a kind, loving, selfless and decent charity volunteer for example would go to hell if sins were not repented however minor. And I was told that even thinking can be sinful e.g. someone can commit adultery just by thinking the wrong way. That is what I was told

So yes indeed God does move in mysterious ways. And? You can see why one lot in Northern Ireland was just as bad as the other lot at times.

My old fella was a fire and brimstone Welsh Baptist. Not a “ nice” man as he seemed obsessed with death, the afterlife and whether people were “ saved”
This means you can only go to heaven if you accept Jesus into your heart and that he died for YOU .
This makes one a Christian. Good works do not .
Anyone can be saved , whether it was Adlof Hitler,Lenin,Ivan the Terrible, Stalin, Jimmy Saville or Biffo the Bear,so long as they accepted Jesus and his death on the cross.

Everything else is irrelevant .

Fact

The devil on 14:51 - Aug 1 with 602 viewsWingstandwood

The devil on 13:54 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

My old fella was a fire and brimstone Welsh Baptist. Not a “ nice” man as he seemed obsessed with death, the afterlife and whether people were “ saved”
This means you can only go to heaven if you accept Jesus into your heart and that he died for YOU .
This makes one a Christian. Good works do not .
Anyone can be saved , whether it was Adlof Hitler,Lenin,Ivan the Terrible, Stalin, Jimmy Saville or Biffo the Bear,so long as they accepted Jesus and his death on the cross.

Everything else is irrelevant .

Fact

Yes indeed, The whole gist seems to be that 'forgiveness' is the only important thing whilst outside the pearly gates. That is something that not many non church attendees and non religious people realise. It shocked me when I found out!

Argus!

The devil on 15:39 - Aug 1 with 578 viewsonehunglow

The devil on 14:51 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

Yes indeed, The whole gist seems to be that 'forgiveness' is the only important thing whilst outside the pearly gates. That is something that not many non church attendees and non religious people realise. It shocked me when I found out!

I could give you a heart attack with what I know to be fact
The greater the evil the greater the saved for Christ

And we allow this

The devil on 15:44 - Aug 1 with 575 viewsSullutaCreturned

The devil on 14:51 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

There is something perverse about walking into a church and asking a pedophile for forgiveness. The knowledge that on his deathbed he can ask for forgiveness and be accepted into heaven means it's a club I'd rather not join.
The devil on 16:07 - Aug 1 with 569 viewsWingstandwood

The devil on 15:44 - Aug 1 by SullutaCreturned

There is something perverse about walking into a church and asking a pedophile for forgiveness. The knowledge that on his deathbed he can ask for forgiveness and be accepted into heaven means it's a club I'd rather not join.

Aye, for example a war criminal responsible for the deaths , torture and suffering of thousands can enter the gates of heaven because he confessed his sins at the very last moment.

BUT? A kindly, gentle, loving, caring and selfless individual is refused entry because his/her time was preoccupied elsewhere with good deeds as opposed to mass murder etc. Warped ain't it.

Argus!

The devil on 16:26 - Aug 1 with 558 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The devil on 16:07 - Aug 1 by Wingstandwood

Aye, for example a war criminal responsible for the deaths , torture and suffering of thousands can enter the gates of heaven because he confessed his sins at the very last moment.

BUT? A kindly, gentle, loving, caring and selfless individual is refused entry because his/her time was preoccupied elsewhere with good deeds as opposed to mass murder etc. Warped ain't it.

It’s a tradition of the medieval period where priests and vicars would visit the dying and promise them absolution and a place in heaven in exchange for leaving all their worldly goods to the church. It still happens now in hospices and hospitals all around the world.

Bit sick really.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

The devil on 16:42 - Aug 1 with 553 viewsWingstandwood

The devil on 16:26 - Aug 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s a tradition of the medieval period where priests and vicars would visit the dying and promise them absolution and a place in heaven in exchange for leaving all their worldly goods to the church. It still happens now in hospices and hospitals all around the world.

Bit sick really.

There are a lot of absolutely suburb Christians. On the other hand? There are Indeed the "Jesus/God is money" grifters.

It happens on so many levels, whether that be at the very top with multi-millionaire TV-evangelists or lower down with made up 'jobs-for-the-boys' impostors. Stuff like (superfluous to the extreme) employment positions like pioneer worker, outreach worker, community worker, family worker, mission worker etc. Money better spent on foodbanks, homeless and needy?

Don't get me wrong some with these titles really do serve a community and some may do 40 hours a week, BUT? In a lot of circumstances its a perfectly legal way of redirecting church money into the back pockets of absolute wasters.

It's shocking when a bit of research is used. Hence why a guy like 'religious investigator' Ole Anthony was despised and feared by the very shysters that I mentioned. It is indeed an absolute racket to many who apparently love Jesus!!!!

Argus!

The devil on 17:49 - Aug 1 with 534 viewsSullutaCreturned

The devil on 16:26 - Aug 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Bit sick really.

The rich man and the eye of the needle thing was always a lie, the rch buy a place in heaven from a corrupt church. A dying rich person doesn't need money after all but a fat bishop needs his food and probably a willing Nun or a fallen woman he can forgive after she's fellated him.

While the Nuns beat and abuse the fallen women.

After all that the Devil doesn't sound too bad.
The devil on 17:51 - Aug 1 with 533 viewsonehunglow

The devil on 17:49 - Aug 1 by SullutaCreturned

The rich man and the eye of the needle thing was always a lie, the rch buy a place in heaven from a corrupt church. A dying rich person doesn't need money after all but a fat bishop needs his food and probably a willing Nun or a fallen woman he can forgive after she's fellated him.

While the Nuns beat and abuse the fallen women.

After all that the Devil doesn't sound too bad.

Hell ain’t a bad pace to be really

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024