Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? 02:48 - May 20 with 11686 viewsKeithHaynes

Lost for words if it is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 19:13 - May 22 with 732 viewsmax936

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 17:46 - May 22 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper ddn't go hoofball until the window the owners let him down. Then it all changed. He was promised things but shafted. The owners do have that previous in this and it came around to hit Martin too.

Funny thing, under Cooper we player a back 4 but our full backs managed to get forward AND get back and defend, I guess it's called balance, players dropping in to cover when a defender is upfield.
Martin pushed our "wingbacks" so far up they needed a ferrari to get back in time.

More or less spot on that for me Cat, you should post more often

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:31 - May 22 with 671 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 17:46 - May 22 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper ddn't go hoofball until the window the owners let him down. Then it all changed. He was promised things but shafted. The owners do have that previous in this and it came around to hit Martin too.

Funny thing, under Cooper we player a back 4 but our full backs managed to get forward AND get back and defend, I guess it's called balance, players dropping in to cover when a defender is upfield.
Martin pushed our "wingbacks" so far up they needed a ferrari to get back in time.

That's funny, all I remember about cooper is the ball being pumped forward for lowe and ayew to chase.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:36 - May 22 with 652 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:31 - May 22 by Fireboy2

That's funny, all I remember about cooper is the ball being pumped forward for lowe and ayew to chase.

Were you awake long enough to see that.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:37 - May 22 with 649 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper was all about keeping it tight and playing the ball into the channels for Ayew to chase. It wasn't hoofball exactly, but it was definitely more direct than we have been under Martin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:39 - May 22 with 642 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:36 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Were you awake long enough to see that.

🤣👏
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:58 - May 22 with 588 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:37 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Cooper was all about keeping it tight and playing the ball into the channels for Ayew to chase. It wasn't hoofball exactly, but it was definitely more direct than we have been under Martin.

Cooper apparently wants to play open expansive football but there are always circumstances why he cannot. Getting hammered every week is one.

Cooper at Swansea would get a satisfactory win away at Barnsley 1-0 or 2-1 and explain that the match was not pretty as "we could not play the way we wanted to".

This to an experienced watcher this was practically every week. The reason being the "wind" the "pitch" the "opposition who are very good at what they do" the "referee" and "three games this week" or the "travel" . Martin uses some of these as well it has to be said.

After the Arsenal match 18% possession he stated "We are delighted obviously (but being a perfectionist) added but we did not play in the way we wanted to so we have work to do".

"We have to make compromiseds Kelly (Sky sports ) after getting hammered by villa earlier in the season".

Martin took those hammerings and would argue the team came through them as he instructed the team to "play like he wanted them to play" come what may. His record is nowhere near Coopers but is he closer to Premier league comfort. Silverstein called him a visionary earlier in the season before the accounts were published and Martin sulked after Swansea signed the same number of players as Sheff Utd and gifted Martin, Whitaker.

Cooper plays "low block" which I call "Park the bus". Perhaps it can be a progressive system like the Italian used to play but I suspect was never 18% possession. They did not even have stats in l those days.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024