Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners or investor 07:41 - Mar 21 with 8348 viewsguthrieintherain

According to Twitter that's why Kaplan was over here.
Another American not sure if it's investment or a buy out my guess would be investment.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

New owners or investor on 14:04 - Mar 23 with 1824 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 08:46 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

Just shows that your guesses and the facts are often far apart.

On the Swansea fan ownership I was on the money.

They wasted 6 years of all their time and £400,000 (40 years subscriptions at £10, 80 year subscriptions at £5). Of the 50,000 fans that follow Swansea city I was the only "fool" to point out the rank folly of their approach.

It happened because the members were dim and lazy and did not use logic. They should be ashamed of them selves feeding the lawyers while lapping up anti Americanism. Echo of Brexit. "we want our club back". Pass me the sick bag.

I do not expect praise from people who pay £5 to a totally useless organisation that could have been big players. You may as well join the Llangefelach bowls club.

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 14:09]

Wise sage since Toshack era

New owners or investor on 17:16 - Mar 23 with 1730 viewsSullutaCreturned

New owners or investor on 22:10 - Mar 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Inflation in Premier league club valuations means the Levein and Kaplan group can lets somebody else do the hard yards of investing to get the club back to the Premier league and still break even on their original investment.

68% of 100m is £68m. £8m extra for say 75% makes a total of £76m.

If they are diluted by 50% for a £40-50m new investment and return to the Premier league they will get most of their money back if sold at £200m. (Burnley price 18 months ago) £2m per share x 37.5% = £75m.

Do you seriously believe a new investor will come in and keep throwing money at us to get promotion with no financial support from the other owners?

A new investor will pay their share but not all the bill for trying to go back up. These rich people haven't often gotten rich by being fools.

PS, on the post about the trust...AGAIN...even a stopped clock is right twice a day which is a 100% better success rate than you.

Now please stick to the topics and stop posting about the trust on EVERY thread you take part in. it's boring.
New owners or investor on 18:40 - Mar 23 with 1666 viewsonehunglow

New owners or investor on 17:16 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

Do you seriously believe a new investor will come in and keep throwing money at us to get promotion with no financial support from the other owners?

A new investor will pay their share but not all the bill for trying to go back up. These rich people haven't often gotten rich by being fools.

PS, on the post about the trust...AGAIN...even a stopped clock is right twice a day which is a 100% better success rate than you.

Now please stick to the topics and stop posting about the trust on EVERY thread you take part in. it's boring.

Frankly, and I might get letters for this,I can’t wait for the end of the season .
Hopefully we will be safe and we won’t until we are mathematically safe.
We ve had one decent performance in recent months .
It’s boring and nobody can point to our club developing under this regime.
To stay where we are is our only aim.

Sport is meant to be exciting .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New owners or investor on 18:56 - Mar 23 with 1654 viewsBadlands

New owners or investor on 18:40 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Frankly, and I might get letters for this,I can’t wait for the end of the season .
Hopefully we will be safe and we won’t until we are mathematically safe.
We ve had one decent performance in recent months .
It’s boring and nobody can point to our club developing under this regime.
To stay where we are is our only aim.

Sport is meant to be exciting .

Agree in part but many clubs work hard to stay where they are. When you say sport is supposed to be entertaining I would agree and it hasn’t been for a long time under Martin. But, the season we had under Monk and Cooper were RRRs numbingly boring. Many fans were happy. Many fans seem to consider sport to be all about winning.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New owners or investor on 18:59 - Mar 23 with 1643 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 17:16 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

Silversteiin did just that. Levein and co added money just to stop themselves being diluted by the fresh capital. Swansea is a Welsh / USA company and the tight fisted Welsh got diluted because they do not want to invest.

The Trust have £1m and could have put in £500k but declined. A far as I am concerned if people want to talk abut the owners performance this MUST include the fan ownership. Their performance has been wretched so i understand why people want to ban all discussion on it. The fans have been a huge disappointment in ownership.

New owners or investor on 20:13 - Mar 23 with 1598 viewsSullutaCreturned

New owners or investor on 18:59 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Silversteiin did just that. Levein and co added money just to stop themselves being diluted by the fresh capital. Swansea is a Welsh / USA company and the tight fisted Welsh got diluted because they do not want to invest.

The Trust have £1m and could have put in £500k but declined. A far as I am concerned if people want to talk abut the owners performance this MUST include the fan ownership. Their performance has been wretched so i understand why people want to ban all discussion on it. The fans have been a huge disappointment in ownership.

SIilverstein loaned the money with a CLN thus he either got his money back with interest OR he became part owner of the club. He didn't buy shares first then throw 10 million at us while the others did nothing.

Stop trolling about the trust. BORING. Your username should be Drill.
New owners or investor on 20:23 - Mar 23 with 1577 viewsonehunglow

New owners or investor on 18:56 - Mar 23 by Badlands

Agree in part but many clubs work hard to stay where they are. When you say sport is supposed to be entertaining I would agree and it hasn’t been for a long time under Martin. But, the season we had under Monk and Cooper were RRRs numbingly boring. Many fans were happy. Many fans seem to consider sport to be all about winning.

In short , it really is Otherwise , it’s just exercise

New owners or investor on 20:30 - Mar 23 with 1575 viewsSullutaCreturned

New owners or investor on 20:23 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

In short , it really is Otherwise , it’s just exercise

Well I accept we won't win most of our games however good we are BUT I expect us to try AND I want to be entertained too.

Unreasonable eh.
Login to get fewer ads

New owners or investor on 20:42 - Mar 23 with 1558 viewsonehunglow

New owners or investor on 20:30 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

Well I accept we won't win most of our games however good we are BUT I expect us to try AND I want to be entertained too.

Unreasonable eh.

Nope
Most fans get the warmest feeling when collecting points and seeing their club climb the table
Going downwards isn’t nice
We could play entertaining in LOW and win every week too
Many wouldn’t be keen though

New owners or investor on 21:48 - Mar 23 with 1496 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 20:13 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

SIilverstein loaned the money with a CLN thus he either got his money back with interest OR he became part owner of the club. He didn't buy shares first then throw 10 million at us while the others did nothing.

Stop trolling about the trust. BORING. Your username should be Drill.

He is now an owner to the percentage ownership he wanted. The loan was simply the vehicle to do it to speed up the process he claims. Levien and co. "match funded". This is their wording. They matched Silver-stein's investment.

If fans churn out abuse at the American owners I will point out their own Welsh performance as owners be it good or bad. This is not trolling. I want Welsh fans to accept responsibility as owners . Instead they are in denial and have washed their hand of the Trust after the management took the correct course.

New owners or investor on 21:54 - Mar 23 with 1491 viewsunion_jack

New owners or investor on 14:04 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

They wasted 6 years of all their time and £400,000 (40 years subscriptions at £10, 80 year subscriptions at £5). Of the 50,000 fans that follow Swansea city I was the only "fool" to point out the rank folly of their approach.

It happened because the members were dim and lazy and did not use logic. They should be ashamed of them selves feeding the lawyers while lapping up anti Americanism. Echo of Brexit. "we want our club back". Pass me the sick bag.

I do not expect praise from people who pay £5 to a totally useless organisation that could have been big players. You may as well join the Llangefelach bowls club.

Up arrowed due to fat finger syndrome!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

New owners or investor on 07:17 - Mar 24 with 1374 viewspete

why did you not show your self praise and join and do something about it when you could have then, i can assure you a lot nof people worked dam hard to ensure the thing was at the time a life line for the club, ( i was not one) but to have you call them what you have is a disgrace and i for 1 will never praise you so thats that
New owners or investor on 13:23 - Mar 24 with 1288 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 07:17 - Mar 24 by pete

why did you not show your self praise and join and do something about it when you could have then, i can assure you a lot nof people worked dam hard to ensure the thing was at the time a life line for the club, ( i was not one) but to have you call them what you have is a disgrace and i for 1 will never praise you so thats that

They have done more harm than good to the club and worked for the interests of the tax man their bankers and third party legal people and insurers.

They have negatively affected the reputation of the club and ownership . Even today Levien is a "Yank" McElhenney at Wrexham is a "great guy".

Arriola and Morris were "Yankee crocks" Morgan Gibbs White was "unlucky with injury".
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 13:29]

New owners or investor on 13:51 - Mar 24 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

People from outlying villages often have different mind sets
It is sad though that traditional Welsh back stabbing saw the club sold in dubious fashion and previous shennanicans saw people feel the need for a Trust to protect the club against the very fans professing love for the club .

New owners or investor on 17:53 - Mar 24 with 1151 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 13:51 - Mar 24 by onehunglow

People from outlying villages often have different mind sets
It is sad though that traditional Welsh back stabbing saw the club sold in dubious fashion and previous shennanicans saw people feel the need for a Trust to protect the club against the very fans professing love for the club .

The Trust clearly stated in 2015 their shares were not for sale. Not then, not ever.

The Board member stated this emphatically for all to read out in the press. I saw it and was surprised. Not one of the members (1000+) said a dickie bird as far as i know.

It was the accepted policy in line with the mandate of increasing share ownership (as distinct from building up a cash pile which could be used to relaunch the club in the event of a collapse).

There was no shenanigans as far as I can see. Those that wanted to sell sold those that wanted to part sell part sold and those who did not want to sell did not sell.

So why the anger?. It is the "R" word. Relegation It changed everything and the Trust were left holding the baby. Its the members fault for not cross examining the boards running of the organisation. Selling in 2016 was a "no brainer". No one was using their brains as there was no element of personal gain.

People in the outlying villages know about planning and bringing in the hay when the sun shines ad look out for each other.

For members paying £10 or £5 is enough. The money goes to bankers. 10% inflation oh er missus. ?@? Whats that? Keep paying do not worry about it.

New owners or investor on 18:05 - Mar 24 with 1147 viewsSullutaCreturned

That's something he can't wrap his "intelligence" around, when the trust was formed it helped to save the club.

I was a member of the trust in th beginning, as were all of my mates and there was a fairly large group of us going to the Vetch back then, there's only 3 of us still going now (yes irrelevant) but none of us have been members for a fair while because we could see the trust diminishing.

But back when it was formed it was a vital cog, it held the fans together when we needed unity. Now we have some nobody trying to make out he knows everything, you're right, he's a disgrace.
New owners or investor on 18:27 - Mar 24 with 1110 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 17:53 - Mar 24 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust clearly stated in 2015 their shares were not for sale. Not then, not ever.

The Board member stated this emphatically for all to read out in the press. I saw it and was surprised. Not one of the members (1000+) said a dickie bird as far as i know.

It was the accepted policy in line with the mandate of increasing share ownership (as distinct from building up a cash pile which could be used to relaunch the club in the event of a collapse).

There was no shenanigans as far as I can see. Those that wanted to sell sold those that wanted to part sell part sold and those who did not want to sell did not sell.

So why the anger?. It is the "R" word. Relegation It changed everything and the Trust were left holding the baby. Its the members fault for not cross examining the boards running of the organisation. Selling in 2016 was a "no brainer". No one was using their brains as there was no element of personal gain.

People in the outlying villages know about planning and bringing in the hay when the sun shines ad look out for each other.

For members paying £10 or £5 is enough. The money goes to bankers. 10% inflation oh er missus. ?@? Whats that? Keep paying do not worry about it.

October 2014

The trust stated.

"Our message to the other shareholders has therefore been that we do not wish to relinquish our shareholding in the football club.

The Trust would also like to go on record to state that should an offer be forthcoming then a consultation will take place with their members."

Someone in the trust must have seriously pissed you off, for you to hold a grudge for so long.
New owners or investor on 18:51 - Mar 24 with 1086 viewsBadlands

Many of us did and realised what was happening and let them get on with it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New owners or investor on 19:12 - Mar 24 with 1067 viewspete

New owners or investor on 18:51 - Mar 24 by Badlands

Many of us did and realised what was happening and let them get on with it.

I agree the recent times dont look good but for some one to insult people the way he did just got my goat up,people in the very early days worked their socks off and helped this club stay in bis. thats what i was getting at I joined but not renewed for the last 2 yrs to me the members were sold out that is another story
we all have opinions which in the main i respect but the guy insulted a lot of people for no reason
New owners or investor on 21:08 - Mar 24 with 1003 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 18:27 - Mar 24 by Whiterockin

October 2014

The trust stated.

"Our message to the other shareholders has therefore been that we do not wish to relinquish our shareholding in the football club.

The Trust would also like to go on record to state that should an offer be forthcoming then a consultation will take place with their members."

Someone in the trust must have seriously pissed you off, for you to hold a grudge for so long.

Thank you for finding this. The Trust board was elected by the members and did not want to sell their shares in 2014 or 2015 or 2016. Consultations would have taken months with a recommendation for no sale.

No surprise no offer was forthcoming.

New owners or investor on 22:36 - Mar 24 with 954 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 21:08 - Mar 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Thank you for finding this. The Trust board was elected by the members and did not want to sell their shares in 2014 or 2015 or 2016. Consultations would have taken months with a recommendation for no sale.

No surprise no offer was forthcoming.

"Consultations would have taken months with a recommendation for no sale."

Again only your opinion not backed up by evidence or facts.

The trust said any offer would be put to the members as was the correct procedure.

This would not have taken months, why should it.

What evidence do you have that the members would have voted against the sale. I would have been happy to sell some and keep some as other shareholders did.
New owners or investor on 23:14 - Mar 24 with 934 viewsmax936

New owners or investor on 19:12 - Mar 24 by pete

I agree the recent times dont look good but for some one to insult people the way he did just got my goat up,people in the very early days worked their socks off and helped this club stay in bis. thats what i was getting at I joined but not renewed for the last 2 yrs to me the members were sold out that is another story
we all have opinions which in the main i respect but the guy insulted a lot of people for no reason

You look back at that farce that was a Jack to a King which was basically a massive advert for selling the club, myself and many others naively took it as a romantic look back at the achievements made since 2002 and many of us didn't realise what that Film/documentary was really about, but when you look closer there was a lot of people who had done some great work in getting rid of that Aussie Clown Petty, who weren't even mentioned in that farce, because it didn't suit the narrative and what that film was really about and that narrative still exists today as shown by some posters.

Either they are incredibly naive or have clear agendas, I know what my opinion is, their total denial of the "ACTUAL" facts are pathetically clear.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 0:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New owners or investor on 23:40 - Mar 24 with 919 viewsReslovenSwan1

New owners or investor on 22:36 - Mar 24 by Whiterockin

"Consultations would have taken months with a recommendation for no sale."

Again only your opinion not backed up by evidence or facts.

The trust said any offer would be put to the members as was the correct procedure.

This would not have taken months, why should it.

What evidence do you have that the members would have voted against the sale. I would have been happy to sell some and keep some as other shareholders did.

A sale involves two willing partners . A seller and a buyer.

The Trust said their shares were not for sale. It is simple logic to expect the same people to recommend 'no sale' given that they had said their shares were not for sale. They had 'telegraphed' that an offer was not welcome.

If I was a buyer there is nothing else to discuss. They are the democratically elected representatives of the members.

You as a member who wanted a sale could have made a motion in 2015 to get a free vote on selling and given the board a hard time. No one but the Trust stopped them selling their shares. Put blame where it belongs not on the other shareholders that sold. ("the sell outs").

New owners or investor on 23:58 - Mar 24 with 911 viewsmax936

"On the Swansea fan ownership I was on the money

They wasted 6 years of all their time and £400,000 (40 years subscriptions at £10, 80 year subscriptions at £5). Of the 50,000 fans that follow Swansea city I was the only "fool" to point out the rank folly of their approach"

I'll repeat this again but in big, hopefully you'll absorb it at last. YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS, as you're been told TIME and TIME AGAIN and facts are facts the TRUST were discluded from any discussions regards the sale of the Club to your yankee doodle mates, because your butties Jenkins and co clearly told them to not involve the Trust, The YANKS actually admitted that fact, WHY can't you see and acknowledge that?

Your continual denial would make my blood boil if it wasn't so laughable, you lack total credibility for 99% of what you post.

You can deny all you want, but you've a clear agenda that is devoid of any ACTUAL facts,

Todays Trust have totally and disgracefully sold its members down the Tawe and out into the Bristol Channel, they'll never get a penny off me or any of my butties pennies.

Trust was set up to create a fund that could help the club if ever the bad days arose again, it was never intended to be a fund that would put money into the club for its day today running, it was always to act as a safety net. Again you've been told this thousands of times, but because it doesn't suit your blind narrative you chose to ignore the actual facts.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New owners or investor on 12:22 - Mar 25 with 826 viewsWhiterockin

New owners or investor on 23:40 - Mar 24 by ReslovenSwan1

A sale involves two willing partners . A seller and a buyer.

The Trust said their shares were not for sale. It is simple logic to expect the same people to recommend 'no sale' given that they had said their shares were not for sale. They had 'telegraphed' that an offer was not welcome.

If I was a buyer there is nothing else to discuss. They are the democratically elected representatives of the members.

You as a member who wanted a sale could have made a motion in 2015 to get a free vote on selling and given the board a hard time. No one but the Trust stopped them selling their shares. Put blame where it belongs not on the other shareholders that sold. ("the sell outs").

Again you are overlooking the fact, that I showed you, that the trust clearly said if an offer was made for the shares they would put this to the members. You partially tried to pass this off by saying a vote would take to long, clearly this would not be the case. Every time your posts are ripped to shreds and you are asked for evidence you swerve off subject. Your agenda will never be accepted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024