Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next manager 16:19 - Feb 22 with 4524 viewsguthrieintherain

If Russ does go who could take us on.

Or are our problems much deeper than that.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Our next manager on 08:02 - Feb 23 with 1527 viewsBoundy

Our next manager on 00:08 - Feb 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Many moons ago.

Over the last 20 years, we have been a stepping stone for players and managers alike. Not counting the relegation battle seasons in the Prem, everyone has gone on to higher and better things, Monk and Russ seem to be the exception - which could very well be down to their incredibly similar personalities.

So you've chosen to discount the failures of the managers I've highlighted , and so with that in mind that is its many moons then we're down to Potter & Cooper. Fine by me

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Our next manager on 08:14 - Feb 23 with 1494 viewsBryanSwan

Our next manager on 08:02 - Feb 23 by Boundy

So you've chosen to discount the failures of the managers I've highlighted , and so with that in mind that is its many moons then we're down to Potter & Cooper. Fine by me

Why is it discounting, managers that do well here or even okay move on to bigger jobs or if just okay it does not hinder their career.
Martinez - Wigan
Sousa - Leicester
Rodgers - Liverpool
Laudrup - £££
Monk - Leeds
Guidolin - retired
Clement - Reading
Carvalhal - Rio Ave
Potter - Brighton
Cooper - NFFC

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Our next manager on 08:41 - Feb 23 with 1431 viewsDr_Parnassus

Our next manager on 08:02 - Feb 23 by Boundy

Not discounted any. I just told you that it’s important we are seen as a stepping stone for players and managers and added context to the situation the club was in when you brought up yours.

When we have not been fighting relegation, every manager for the last 20 years has been able to go on to bigger and better things, whether that’s a bigger club or simply a huge pay day.

The two exceptions are Garry Monk and no doubt Russell Martin, which is extremely ironic since their personalities and approach to their own standing in the game and ideas are identical.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Our next manager on 08:43 - Feb 23 with 1429 viewsDr_Parnassus

Our next manager on 07:04 - Feb 23 by pete

for once i agree with you a stepping stone selling club but a club that looks as if it wants to go forwards and maybe upwards not like we are at this time

Yes, we now need owners to spend a record amount that we have done in the last 18 months outside the Premier League.

Oh, we have that already?

Great.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 8:44]

Our next manager on 09:16 - Feb 23 with 1406 viewscadleigh

Our next manager on 06:58 - Feb 23 by pete

morning Cadleigh, if you read all the posts i have said R M needs to take some of the blame, but lets be honest you must agree the last "window"showed what the americans really think of Swansea f c dont be led by their talk because nothing happened and again you must agree the same thing has happened over and over, last 3 managers prove that, and am sorry to say will happen again and again as long as the top people are in charge, and dont even come to watch the games or sort the problems, they wont spend the money to remove the manager because if they did care and know uk football he would be gone we both know that
As regards which of the 2 players we were linked to would have made a differance who knows ?a n experienced full back may be for 1 but am not privy to that its just my opinion which i like you am entitled to, sorry i did not see your earlier post, any way good to talk even if we obviously disagree

My view on the owners is that they left the previous management (Jenkins) in place for too long, they then made a good appointment in Birch and a poor one in Winter. Everything that has happened to us flows from those three simple facts. (I don’t even blame them for Bradley - I think that was Jenkins trying to please them.) Apart from their poor choice of CEO (twice) they’ve got most things right, particularly on the financials.

Happy to go through all 11 players we were linked with in the recent transfer window to see how many of them might have failed to join because we didn’t agree enough money or act quick enough. Vanishingly few I think, but it suits Martin and his apologists to make it a simple ‘Yanks bad’ narrative. My guess is that most failed to come because of poor communications between Levine and Winter, and (more importantly) Martin’s growing reputation as a manager who throws his players under buses.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 9:32]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Our next manager on 09:42 - Feb 23 with 1366 viewsWhiterockin

Our next manager on 09:16 - Feb 23 by cadleigh

My view on the owners is that they left the previous management (Jenkins) in place for too long, they then made a good appointment in Birch and a poor one in Winter. Everything that has happened to us flows from those three simple facts. (I don’t even blame them for Bradley - I think that was Jenkins trying to please them.) Apart from their poor choice of CEO (twice) they’ve got most things right, particularly on the financials.

Happy to go through all 11 players we were linked with in the recent transfer window to see how many of them might have failed to join because we didn’t agree enough money or act quick enough. Vanishingly few I think, but it suits Martin and his apologists to make it a simple ‘Yanks bad’ narrative. My guess is that most failed to come because of poor communications between Levine and Winter, and (more importantly) Martin’s growing reputation as a manager who throws his players under buses.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 9:32]

I am very happy the way the club is being run by the owners, keeping us relatively solvent. My only complaint is that they are leaving RM in his position for to long. He has had the 18 months apparently he was guaranteed and we seem to be going backwards. The ownership can change this nobody else, unless he walks.
Our next manager on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 1356 viewscadleigh

Our next manager on 09:42 - Feb 23 by Whiterockin

I am very happy the way the club is being run by the owners, keeping us relatively solvent. My only complaint is that they are leaving RM in his position for to long. He has had the 18 months apparently he was guaranteed and we seem to be going backwards. The ownership can change this nobody else, unless he walks.

Exactly. If the current owners are guilty of anything it's being too nice and leaving people in post far longer than they should do.

Our next manager on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 1335 viewsDr_Parnassus

Our next manager on 09:42 - Feb 23 by Whiterockin

Yet you said this 2 weeks ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Our next manager on 11:08 - Feb 23 with 1307 viewswhiterock

Our next manager on 06:58 - Feb 23 by pete

morning Cadleigh, if you read all the posts i have said R M needs to take some of the blame, but lets be honest you must agree the last "window"showed what the americans really think of Swansea f c dont be led by their talk because nothing happened and again you must agree the same thing has happened over and over, last 3 managers prove that, and am sorry to say will happen again and again as long as the top people are in charge, and dont even come to watch the games or sort the problems, they wont spend the money to remove the manager because if they did care and know uk football he would be gone we both know that
As regards which of the 2 players we were linked to would have made a differance who knows ?a n experienced full back may be for 1 but am not privy to that its just my opinion which i like you am entitled to, sorry i did not see your earlier post, any way good to talk even if we obviously disagree

They didn't deal in the silly season, wow, not the end of the world.
I don't recall but our targets were not in an area needed, we desperately needed a keeper, we didn't have nothing identified and unfortunately, our back 5 are poor.
I'd say that with Grimes, Allen, Fulton and Cooper, we are well served and our forward 3 of Piroe, Cullen and Whittaker isn't too shabby, now if he could get a tune put of Pato, we'd have a team that could compete, if our back 5 were either replaced or played differently.
Our next manager on 11:20 - Feb 23 with 1291 viewspete

Our next manager on 10:09 - Feb 23 by cadleigh

Exactly. If the current owners are guilty of anything it's being too nice and leaving people in post far longer than they should do.

l o l
Our next manager on 14:45 - Feb 23 with 1212 viewsglanmORJa_k

Our next manager on 10:09 - Feb 23 by cadleigh

I dare say you would have sacked RM after you saw the photo of Piroe in the Post of him playing football on Swansea beach with his dad. An extremely early assessment of Martin and your one eyed opinion of him has never wavered.
Our next manager on 15:17 - Feb 23 with 1172 viewsKeithHaynes

Our next manager on 14:45 - Feb 23 by glanmORJa_k

I dare say you would have sacked RM after you saw the photo of Piroe in the Post of him playing football on Swansea beach with his dad. An extremely early assessment of Martin and your one eyed opinion of him has never wavered.

Great photo ©️SwanseaIndependent

Link here : https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55421/picture-exclusive-

The Post haven’t got our wherewithal 😂 You read it here 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Our next manager on 15:24 - Feb 23 with 1150 viewscadleigh

Our next manager on 14:45 - Feb 23 by glanmORJa_k

I did begin to question Martin's management style back in August 2021 after he dropped Piroe (our marquee signing) from the matchday squad for the first game and then - unforgivably, IMO - gaslighted him in the media.

Here's something I posted at the time on SCFC2 (I presume you are a regular on there as you are so familiar with the history of my views on RM, but I don't recognise your nom-de-plume - care to share what handle you go under on that sad wreck of a site? (Apologies, Keith, but Duncan frequently lets sly digs at this site go unchallenged so I feel it's appropriate on this one occasion)). Comments in brackets are my own additions just now:

I like Russell Martin from what I have seen of him (actually I don't any more)
I really hope he succeeds (still do, inasmuch as I want my team to succeed)
I realise it won’t happen overnight and we need to be realistic in our expectations (still waiting)
He is a very inexperienced manager (1.5 seasons with a lower league club) and so I hope he gets support from more experienced colleagues (he didn't, and boy did he need it)
I do have concerns about some aspects of his managerial style, especially his willingness to consider alternative formations to a back three, allowing his players to play long balls especially when caught in defence (but also in attack) and his willingness to accept responsibility when his game plan goes wrong (I failed to see how we would suck any semblance of pace out of the squad and bring in sub-standard recruits who he would favour no matter how badly they played)
I think those who can see no wrong in anything he does are doing him a disservice (ahem)

Have you ever heard of Premature Anti-Fascism? It's a real thing - the McCarthyites accused American left-wingers of it if they fought for the Republican side in the Spanish Civil War. There was even a mildly amusing film based on it, called The Return of Captain Invincible, which sadly seems impossible to get hold of these days. No one denied that fascism was a threat to the world, it was just their timing that was out. I seem to be guilty of Premature Martin-Doubting.. You are not going to try to claim that any of my predictions were wrong, are you?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 17:01]

Our next manager on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Our next manager on 15:24 - Feb 23 by cadleigh

I did begin to question Martin's management style back in August 2021 after he dropped Piroe (our marquee signing) from the matchday squad for the first game and then - unforgivably, IMO - gaslighted him in the media.

Here's something I posted at the time on SCFC2 (I presume you are a regular on there as you are so familiar with the history of my views on RM, but I don't recognise your nom-de-plume - care to share what handle you go under on that sad wreck of a site? (Apologies, Keith, but Duncan frequently lets sly digs at this site go unchallenged so I feel it's appropriate on this one occasion)). Comments in brackets are my own additions just now:

I like Russell Martin from what I have seen of him (actually I don't any more)
I really hope he succeeds (still do, inasmuch as I want my team to succeed)
I realise it won’t happen overnight and we need to be realistic in our expectations (still waiting)
He is a very inexperienced manager (1.5 seasons with a lower league club) and so I hope he gets support from more experienced colleagues (he didn't, and boy did he need it)
I do have concerns about some aspects of his managerial style, especially his willingness to consider alternative formations to a back three, allowing his players to play long balls especially when caught in defence (but also in attack) and his willingness to accept responsibility when his game plan goes wrong (I failed to see how we would suck any semblance of pace out of the squad and bring in sub-standard recruits who he would favour no matter how badly they played)
I think those who can see no wrong in anything he does are doing him a disservice (ahem)

Have you ever heard of Premature Anti-Fascism? It's a real thing - the McCarthyites accused American left-wingers of it if they fought for the Republican side in the Spanish Civil War. There was even a mildly amusing film based on it, called The Return of Captain Invincible, which sadly seems impossible to get hold of these days. No one denied that fascism was a threat to the world, it was just their timing that was out. I seem to be guilty of Premature Martin-Doubting.. You are not going to try to claim that any of my predictions were wrong, are you?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 17:01]

Swansea need to go Continental coach and do what Martin wants to do but does not have the ability. Numerous teams play calm football out from the back with no problem at all. The Swiss FA do it with all their age group teams and so do Croatia.

Duncan banned me on SCFC2 after I questioned repeatedly the Trust's abject failure to sell any shares 2015 -2016 and their crazy court case 2017 -2023.

Colin (Swansea) threatened him with a "he goes or I go" suggesting he could take other forum divas with him. Duncan folded and banned me although I broke no rules and insulted no individual. In fact i was targeted but accepted the abuse as par for the course.

That is the way things work in a nation of cowards. The forum owner has a far stiffer backbone. You were a good poster n SCFC2 during my time on there. If I came on here in that time I would be been open to fearful trolling.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Our next manager on 15:48 - Feb 23 with 1126 viewscadleigh

Apologies for taking this thread on a diversion. I’ll reply to RS1 via PM and I hope our mutual friend from the Uplands will do the same for me in turn. Let’s keep our standards high and respect the hard work that Keith and the Mods do. (That’s not addressed to anyone in particular, just a general appeal!)
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 17:52]

Our next manager on 09:19 - Feb 24 with 966 viewsSgorioFruit

Martinez or Rodgers for me.

Best managers we have had. None come close.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Our next manager on 14:23 - Feb 24 with 885 viewsNotLoyal

Our next manager on 15:40 - Feb 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea need to go Continental coach and do what Martin wants to do but does not have the ability. Numerous teams play calm football out from the back with no problem at all. The Swiss FA do it with all their age group teams and so do Croatia.

Duncan banned me on SCFC2 after I questioned repeatedly the Trust's abject failure to sell any shares 2015 -2016 and their crazy court case 2017 -2023.

Colin (Swansea) threatened him with a "he goes or I go" suggesting he could take other forum divas with him. Duncan folded and banned me although I broke no rules and insulted no individual. In fact i was targeted but accepted the abuse as par for the course.

That is the way things work in a nation of cowards. The forum owner has a far stiffer backbone. You were a good poster n SCFC2 during my time on there. If I came on here in that time I would be been open to fearful trolling.

Here's something I posted at the time on SCFC2 (I presume you are a regular on there as you are so familiar with the history of my views on RM, but I don't recognise your nom-de-plume - care to share what handle you go under on that sad wreck of a site? (Apologies, Keith, but Duncan frequently lets sly digs at this site go unchallenged so I feel it's appropriate on this one occasion)).

Maybe this evasive Duncan won’t ban or change folks posts due to the very low visits the site gets. It looks like a cut and paste plagiaristic effort with little intelligence behind it anyway.

If a person allows that type of thing on their site they walk in to world of fair game. As others have found out to their cost. I’m sure Keith would appreciate some DM’s on his disgusting content. Identification of these people isn’t hard. Maybe one day he will have a go fund me site for a family member who is dying and then we can go and piss all over it and give him some personal experiences. On here or anywhere the idiot chooses.

As a few others have had in recent times. File under simpleton with no backbone.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 14:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Our next manager on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 839 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m pretty much unaware of their existence, and really don’t see what value a few people rattling around in a small tin can achieve.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Our next manager on 17:08 - Feb 24 with 792 viewsReslovenSwan1

Dean Smith. Available with pedigree coming off a bad spell at Norwich. Give him two seasons and we would see more progress than with Martin.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Our next manager on 18:28 - Feb 24 with 753 viewsBryanSwan

Our next manager on 17:08 - Feb 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Dean Smith. Available with pedigree coming off a bad spell at Norwich. Give him two seasons and we would see more progress than with Martin.

If that is the calire of manager we would bring in, I'd rather not bother. We'd be calling for his head by Xmas in my opinion.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024