Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland gender recognition law. 15:00 - Dec 21 with 13530 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland appears likely to pass controversial gender reforms which would make it easier for transgender people to change their recorded gender.

The Gender Recognition Reform (Scotland) Bill will remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to receive a gender recognition certificate (GRC).

It would also lower the minimum age for applicants to 16 and reduce the time required for an applicant to live in their acquired gender from two years to three months (or six for people aged 16 and 17) - though there will be a three-month reflection period.

MSPs will consider the last of the 153 amendments lodged at stage three of the bill after a marathon session of parliament yesterday, before a final vote this afternoon.

How long before Drakeford and the Senedd folow suit ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scotland gender recognition law. on 08:33 - Dec 23 with 1969 viewsBryanSwan

Scotland gender recognition law. on 07:50 - Dec 23 by MrSwerve

It’ll all come crashing down at some point.

As has been said, live and let live, but I’m not playing along with someone else’s narrative.

There are ‘real’ trans people, whom I would wager are a very small percentage of the current trans population. These people are supported without huge changes to law such as this.

I know ‘mental illness’ is a loaded term and I’ve hesitated to use it in this thread, but I think the vast majority of trans people should be supported with sessions with a psychologist more than anything.

There are an increasing amount of ‘de-transitioners’ who at a young age went through all the hormone treatment etc., and realised when they became a young adult (17,18 upwards) that they rushed into it and were even encouraged by doctors that they had gender disphoria. They then go through the rest of their life with that regret hanging over them.

My wife and I work in education and the spike of trans people in the last year or so is significant. Of course, we are ‘encouraged’ to play along otherwise we will likely lose our jobs. There have been plenty of issues with ‘trans girls’ (I.e. boys/men) using female spaces and it causing discomfort.

Agree with you completely, you've got people trying to convince children that they are trans now, primary school children.
Im all for adults being able to identify as they want, be called whatever pronouns they want, but trying to force on people blokes claiming to be women and them being allowed to enter womens restrooms etc it is just not on in my opinion.
Im sure most people who want to identify like this are okay, but there are certainly a lot with mental illnesses involved etc and i would not be comfortable with them around my children.
Anyone on here who says otherwise i think is lying to themselves, if you had a young daughter would you be happy for them to share private spaces with random grown men?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:52 - Dec 23 with 1859 viewsfelixstowe_jack

One of the problems with devolution should because UK wide decision rather than Sturgeon trying to gain a few extra votes while ignoring Scotland's real problems.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 20:09 - Dec 23 with 1840 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:52 - Dec 23 by felixstowe_jack

One of the problems with devolution should because UK wide decision rather than Sturgeon trying to gain a few extra votes while ignoring Scotland's real problems.

We have seen with covid and other issues that the devolved regimes are not necessarily interested in doing the right thing, just the different thing.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:23 - Dec 23 with 1787 viewsJack123

The people that want this, are devious.

BBC types, it started off with Eastenders and other soaps, give them an inch they will take a mile.

libera nos a malo

Scotland gender recognition law. on 08:39 - Dec 24 with 1714 viewsMrSwerve

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:23 - Dec 23 by Jack123

BBC types, it started off with Eastenders and other soaps, give them an inch they will take a mile.

That’s now the problem…a ‘woman’ can give you a couple of ‘inches’…

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 13:00 - Dec 24 with 1664 viewsWingstandwood

Scotland gender recognition law. on 22:23 - Dec 23 by Jack123

BBC types?

I do not watch Eastenders, that aside the BBC has some history!
Aye the very BBC that participated in a child murderer’s innocence fraud campaign by telling blatant LIES and ignoring damning evidence!

The very BBC that protected serial offender Jimmy Saville and decided to give airtime to some other right dodgy individuals.

So with that PROVEN immorality in mind, is it any surprise that the BBC wants to 'explore' LBGTQ matters with pre-pubescent children? Seriously! Seriously! Seriously! Why would a grown up adult find it morally acceptable to do that, and WHY would those thoughts ever enter a grown-up’s mind in the first place?

You know? A case of “right lads, lets have a sci-fi storyline involving an extraterrestrial lizard people species and throw in a lesbian kiss scene for continuity”. FFS! Seriously FFS!

Sinister creeping standards only comfortable to creepy individuals and apologists of type that see absolutely nothing wrong with pre-pubescent kids attending gay drag queen shows at gay nightclubs etc.

All done under the fiendish-guise of WOKE, progression, pseudo-respectability, pseudo-normalisation, pseudo- POLITICAL OBJECTVES (in video 0:47s) and pseudo-child advocacy. Two guys pretending that they are speaking on behalf of children hey!

And it would not be outlandish to guess that the two guys in the BBC video whom were advocating their own brand of 'normalisation' would agree entirely with what is going on in this day and age? Two sides of the same coin?

[Post edited 24 Dec 2022 15:28]

Argus!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:12 - Dec 24 with 1595 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 13:00 - Dec 24 by Wingstandwood

BBC types?

I do not watch Eastenders, that aside the BBC has some history!
Aye the very BBC that participated in a child murderer’s innocence fraud campaign by telling blatant LIES and ignoring damning evidence!

The very BBC that protected serial offender Jimmy Saville and decided to give airtime to some other right dodgy individuals.

So with that PROVEN immorality in mind, is it any surprise that the BBC wants to 'explore' LBGTQ matters with pre-pubescent children? Seriously! Seriously! Seriously! Why would a grown up adult find it morally acceptable to do that, and WHY would those thoughts ever enter a grown-up’s mind in the first place?

You know? A case of “right lads, lets have a sci-fi storyline involving an extraterrestrial lizard people species and throw in a lesbian kiss scene for continuity”. FFS! Seriously FFS!

Sinister creeping standards only comfortable to creepy individuals and apologists of type that see absolutely nothing wrong with pre-pubescent kids attending gay drag queen shows at gay nightclubs etc.

All done under the fiendish-guise of WOKE, progression, pseudo-respectability, pseudo-normalisation, pseudo- POLITICAL OBJECTVES (in video 0:47s) and pseudo-child advocacy. Two guys pretending that they are speaking on behalf of children hey!

And it would not be outlandish to guess that the two guys in the BBC video whom were advocating their own brand of 'normalisation' would agree entirely with what is going on in this day and age? Two sides of the same coin?

[Post edited 24 Dec 2022 15:28]

For me, there’s nothing in your post that has anything to do with the Scottish bill.

Sensible arguments against the legislation would include the erosion of women’s rights, the removal of safe spaces, non medical diagnosis and the lowering of the age where decisions can be made. (The list is not exhaustive, more a reflection of my concerns).

What has Savile got to do with transgenderism? Unless you’re linking paedophilia with being transgender? It also seems like you’ve just used his abhorrent crimes to attack the BBC. For some reason the charities, newspapers and other involved outlets have escaped your scorn.

What has a fictional TV series with a gay kiss got to do with transgenderism? Can you manage a TARDIS but not a lesbian? Unless of course you’re linking homosexuality with transgenderism?

Writing WOKE in capital letters to degrade things you don’t like isn’t really an effective argument. It the reverse of the term ‘Gammon’ in many ways.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:20 - Dec 24 with 1579 viewsWingstandwood

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:12 - Dec 24 by Gwyn737

For me, there’s nothing in your post that has anything to do with the Scottish bill.

Sensible arguments against the legislation would include the erosion of women’s rights, the removal of safe spaces, non medical diagnosis and the lowering of the age where decisions can be made. (The list is not exhaustive, more a reflection of my concerns).

What has Savile got to do with transgenderism? Unless you’re linking paedophilia with being transgender? It also seems like you’ve just used his abhorrent crimes to attack the BBC. For some reason the charities, newspapers and other involved outlets have escaped your scorn.

What has a fictional TV series with a gay kiss got to do with transgenderism? Can you manage a TARDIS but not a lesbian? Unless of course you’re linking homosexuality with transgenderism?

Writing WOKE in capital letters to degrade things you don’t like isn’t really an effective argument. It the reverse of the term ‘Gammon’ in many ways.

Whatever you are comfortable with mate!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:20 - Dec 24 with 1557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:12 - Dec 24 by Gwyn737

I didn't read his post and link it to pedophilia personally. I read it as the fact it’s trying to be indoctrinated into schools and young people to provide credibility to the movement. The more impressionable young people that grow up thinking it’s a normal choice to make the more kinds who don’t feel they belong to a certain box will gravitate towards it. The more people belong to that group then the more power they have etc etc

The sad reality however is that many young people who don’t feel they belong in the conventional groups (the goths etc) are now finding solace in this new age phenomenon of gender identity where they are creating their own as explanation of why they don’t socially fit in at school. This is only going to lead to a mental health epidemic in the future akin to what we are seeing now as the result of social media introduction 15 years ago.

These are dangerous games to play and they should be kept away from young people as much as possible. The passing of bills will only eventually lead to it creeping into the education system, which I assume is the ultimate goal of these activists.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:24 - Dec 24 with 1550 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just to add, the pedophilia stuff comes into the equation when they can take very real advantage of these maddening laws.

You will be making a pedophiles life very easy by giving him/her the ability to identify as the gender and maybe eventually the age they would like to be in order to gain access to previously off limits areas where they would originally have been challenged.

Scary times and the average Joe is allowing it to happen because they are terrified of being cancelled or looking bad on social media.

An ugly, ugly time that I really hope people look back on with bemusement and embarrassment in 100 years, at least that way we can be sure the madness did eventually end and people snapped out of their social media, virtue signalling stupors.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:30 - Dec 24 with 1551 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 16:20 - Dec 24 by Wingstandwood

Whatever you are comfortable with mate!

TBF we both think the bill is wrong, just for quite different reasons.
Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:32 - Dec 24 with 1471 viewsCatullus

I think the bill is wrong, we should be strengthening the checks and balances,not weakening them.

I do agree that pretty soon the Senedd will be indulging in this madness, its bound to happen. Our Welsh and Scottish devolved governments are way to involved in being "right on" idiots, rushing down the path of the latest craze, determined to be seen to be "modern" and competely ignorant of the damage they do, so out of touch with reality are they.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:49 - Dec 24 with 1465 viewsWingstandwood

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:32 - Dec 24 by Catullus

I think the bill is wrong, we should be strengthening the checks and balances,not weakening them.

I do agree that pretty soon the Senedd will be indulging in this madness, its bound to happen. Our Welsh and Scottish devolved governments are way to involved in being "right on" idiots, rushing down the path of the latest craze, determined to be seen to be "modern" and competely ignorant of the damage they do, so out of touch with reality are they.

Aye, laws made by idiots with the common sense and critical thinking skills of a gnat along with gutter level morals.

And if you should ever question anything they think, or do, or say?.... You are immediately branded/smeared as a bigot, a homophobe, a transphobe etc.

Thank F*** these "right on" idiots belong in certain lecture rooms, certain offices, certain parliamentary spaces and certain 'unconscious bias' lectures.... Thank f*** for their own sake that they never come in contact with (perish the thought) 12 inch cutting disk angle grinders!

"righty tighty lefty loosey".

Argus!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:52 - Dec 24 with 1462 viewsCatullus

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:49 - Dec 24 by Wingstandwood

Aye, laws made by idiots with the common sense and critical thinking skills of a gnat along with gutter level morals.

And if you should ever question anything they think, or do, or say?.... You are immediately branded/smeared as a bigot, a homophobe, a transphobe etc.

Thank F*** these "right on" idiots belong in certain lecture rooms, certain offices, certain parliamentary spaces and certain 'unconscious bias' lectures.... Thank f*** for their own sake that they never come in contact with (perish the thought) 12 inch cutting disk angle grinders!

"righty tighty lefty loosey".

The middles the riddle though and that's where I am, mostly!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:57 - Dec 24 with 1458 viewsGwyn737

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:32 - Dec 24 by Catullus

I completely agree.

But let’s do it for the right reasons and not link transgender people to sexual abuse and paedophilia..
Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:15 - Dec 24 with 1435 viewsJack123

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:57 - Dec 24 by Gwyn737

I completely agree.

But let’s do it for the right reasons and not link transgender people to sexual abuse and paedophilia..

The bill is totally wrong, we should have stuck to the censorship from years ago, On tv and media

To put a young child through this kerrap is wrong. Confusing impressionable young children is wrong.

So glad i was born in the 60's, this is diabolical

libera nos a malo

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:27 - Dec 24 with 1413 viewsWingstandwood

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:15 - Dec 24 by Jack123

The bill is totally wrong, we should have stuck to the censorship from years ago, On tv and media

To put a young child through this kerrap is wrong. Confusing impressionable young children is wrong.

So glad i was born in the 60's, this is diabolical

Indeed there were once boundaries, WOKE has removed those boundaries!

Argus!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:29 - Dec 24 with 1356 viewsJack123

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:27 - Dec 24 by Wingstandwood

Indeed there were once boundaries, WOKE has removed those boundaries!

Aye.. Indeed they have, but I would put my arms around any child suffering from this.

libera nos a malo

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:00 - Dec 25 with 1207 viewsWingstandwood

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:29 - Dec 24 by Jack123

Aye.. Indeed they have, but I would put my arms around any child suffering from this.

This country and the U.S.A leads the way when it comes to man-child WOKE insanity that belongs more to some surrealistic comedy sketch in CH4 Brass Eye or Big Train imo.

I think the Aussies maybe lesser affected? Whatever happened to grown-up rational thinking and common sense? If its not witchfinder general standards to maliciously false accuse, it's adult fairy tale make believe standards.

Argus!

Scotland gender recognition law. on 13:24 - Dec 27 with 1069 viewsDr_Parnassus

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:57 - Dec 24 by Gwyn737

I completely agree.

They appear to be linking the bill to it, rather than people with gender dysphoria themselves.

Massive difference.

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:06 - Jan 16 with 948 viewsbritferry

Westminster have blocked it, that will go well up North

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:59 - Jan 16 with 905 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:06 - Jan 16 by britferry

Westminster have blocked it, that will go well up North

Playing into Mrs krankies hands.

Hello

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:08 - Jan 16 with 896 viewsbritferry

Scotland gender recognition law. on 18:59 - Jan 16 by Flashberryjack

Playing into Mrs krankies hands.

do you think so?

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said the move was a "full-frontal attack" on the Scottish Parliament
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 19:09]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:11 - Jan 16 with 888 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:08 - Jan 16 by britferry

do you think so?

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said the move was a "full-frontal attack" on the Scottish Parliament

Strange choice of words.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Scotland gender recognition law. on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 857 viewsFlashberryjack

Scotland gender recognition law. on 19:08 - Jan 16 by britferry

do you think so?

Exactly my point.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024