Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Flare incident 06:25 - Sep 16 with 35568 viewsDale_4_Life

Has this low life knuckle dragging idiot been identified and banned for life?

What an embarrassment to the club.

The Flare incident on 19:03 - Oct 15 with 2834 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Is it just a coincidence. But no drum no flare ?
Perhaps the ‘flareist’ (yup made me laugh at my choice of word)
is a friend of the Drummer. If so that’s a shame as One of them has been
pivotal in bringing a better atmosphere to the ground and the other
possibly in costing the club money
The Flare incident on 19:05 - Oct 15 with 2813 viewskel

Was a very large police presence today which I thought was unusual given there’s never been an issue between us and Barrow. These numbskulls are obviously costing the club money so good riddance.
The Flare incident on 19:47 - Oct 15 with 2656 viewsnordenblue

The Flare incident on 19:05 - Oct 15 by kel

Was a very large police presence today which I thought was unusual given there’s never been an issue between us and Barrow. These numbskulls are obviously costing the club money so good riddance.

Sure someone posted on one of the weird Facebook groups there was "trouble with Barrow all over town", not sure the extra police are anything to do with the home fans or some planned bell ends came down from Cumbria, possibly both
The Flare incident on 19:59 - Oct 15 with 2587 viewskel

The Flare incident on 19:47 - Oct 15 by nordenblue

Sure someone posted on one of the weird Facebook groups there was "trouble with Barrow all over town", not sure the extra police are anything to do with the home fans or some planned bell ends came down from Cumbria, possibly both

Might be the Cumbria thing then. There were police lined up along Wilbutts Lane spaced out at around every ten yards or so.

Interesting to see two of our “casuals” at the far end of the Sandy today furthest away from the away fans. Maybe they didn’t quite fancy dancing on tiptoes behind the police today.
The Flare incident on 20:07 - Oct 15 with 2562 viewsjudd

It appears that the drummer, among others, was refused entry today

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Flare incident on 20:29 - Oct 15 with 2450 viewsEllDale

@TommyRAFC doesn’t seem too happy on Twitter that police wouldn’t allow certain fans into the ground today because of apparent ongoing investigations into events at the Doncaster game.
The Flare incident on 20:33 - Oct 15 with 2430 viewsBen_M

Evening all,

Glad to be finally celebrating 3 points at home.

In regards to today. A meeting was held this week between us ( Overcoaters ) , the trust and the club in regards to recent issues. The movement of the away fans further along Willbutts was something we had proposed at the meeting but had already been planned by the club in the week. From what I know this will continue where possible.

In regards to the policing we was told that games with increased policing this year ( up to Jan ) was, Grimsby, Stockport and Barrow. The increased police presence today was already planned before recent issues took place due to Barrows incidents at previous games this season. We was also told that Barrow apparently see it as a bigger game with it being a very similar distance to Carlisle and were expected to come in numbers.
The Flare incident on 22:08 - Oct 15 with 2225 viewsDalenet

The Flare incident on 20:33 - Oct 15 by Ben_M

Evening all,

Glad to be finally celebrating 3 points at home.

In regards to today. A meeting was held this week between us ( Overcoaters ) , the trust and the club in regards to recent issues. The movement of the away fans further along Willbutts was something we had proposed at the meeting but had already been planned by the club in the week. From what I know this will continue where possible.

In regards to the policing we was told that games with increased policing this year ( up to Jan ) was, Grimsby, Stockport and Barrow. The increased police presence today was already planned before recent issues took place due to Barrows incidents at previous games this season. We was also told that Barrow apparently see it as a bigger game with it being a very similar distance to Carlisle and were expected to come in numbers.

Well whatever you all discussed Ben it worked. Whilst the steward numbers were noticeably larger there was was no hassle and still a good atmosphere - helped by the football of course. I do hope things settle down as having scores of police lining the streets isn't the Dale way - but it did stop any misbehaviour outside today. Onwards and upwards
Login to get fewer ads

The Flare incident on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 2196 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 22:08 - Oct 15 by Dalenet

Well whatever you all discussed Ben it worked. Whilst the steward numbers were noticeably larger there was was no hassle and still a good atmosphere - helped by the football of course. I do hope things settle down as having scores of police lining the streets isn't the Dale way - but it did stop any misbehaviour outside today. Onwards and upwards

Thank you. From all accounts the only time this year you'll see a police presence like that will be Stockport. The Mansfield game is apparently under review as well but all dependant on things leading up to the game.. league form, crowd numbers etc.

The trust will be releasing a summary from the meeting for those who'd like to know more to.
The Flare incident on 22:43 - Oct 15 with 2111 viewsClivert

The Flare incident on 22:19 - Oct 15 by Ben_M

Thank you. From all accounts the only time this year you'll see a police presence like that will be Stockport. The Mansfield game is apparently under review as well but all dependant on things leading up to the game.. league form, crowd numbers etc.

The trust will be releasing a summary from the meeting for those who'd like to know more to.

The Police officers along Willbutts Lane, Sandy Lane and Ings Lane today were excellent, I had my son and his two mates with me and the officers were friendly and very approachable to the lads when they had questions about being in 'The Force' for them.
The Flare incident on 17:22 - Oct 16 with 1678 viewsRobbiebox

The Flare incident on 19:03 - Oct 15 by TyroneShoelaces

Is it just a coincidence. But no drum no flare ?
Perhaps the ‘flareist’ (yup made me laugh at my choice of word)
is a friend of the Drummer. If so that’s a shame as One of them has been
pivotal in bringing a better atmosphere to the ground and the other
possibly in costing the club money

What a stupid comment, the drummer was there against doncaster and there was no flares in the home end, the drummer was at Carlisle, gillingham,Northampton, again no sign of flares!!
The Flare incident on 21:08 - Oct 16 with 1394 viewsEllDale

Strangely enough (and I may be wrong) but I thought I saw an abandoned drum on the Sandy terraces when there was a surge towards the Doncaster supporters following the Dale goal….
The Flare incident on 21:47 - Oct 16 with 1352 viewsD_Alien

The bottom line is: there was a very good atmosphere in the Sandy yesterday without unnecessary percussion. The singing was good, the team responded and we went home happy

The drum is imo irrelevant. As are flares. No need for either and i don't want to see/hear either again. Just sing, it works
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 21:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Flare incident on 23:22 - Oct 16 with 1278 viewsR17ALE

The Flare incident on 21:47 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

The bottom line is: there was a very good atmosphere in the Sandy yesterday without unnecessary percussion. The singing was good, the team responded and we went home happy

The drum is imo irrelevant. As are flares. No need for either and i don't want to see/hear either again. Just sing, it works
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 21:50]

Couldn't agree more. I'm a displaced Sandy Laner due to the drum, but yesterday was able to watch the second half from behind the goal roughly positioned behind where Quigley scored. The atmosphere was excellent, even I joined in. I remarked to a friend, "ah the famous Sandy roar!"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

The Flare incident on 23:29 - Oct 16 with 1267 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 23:22 - Oct 16 by R17ALE

Couldn't agree more. I'm a displaced Sandy Laner due to the drum, but yesterday was able to watch the second half from behind the goal roughly positioned behind where Quigley scored. The atmosphere was excellent, even I joined in. I remarked to a friend, "ah the famous Sandy roar!"

So it wasn't just me taken back in time by the Quigley goal

Hadn't heard that roar for a very long time (only recently returned to the Sandy after exile on Pearl St)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024