Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. 11:04 - Apr 11 with 3974 viewsRichardO

In the Derby game there did seem to be more opportunities to turn in the middle of midfield.
Is playing the ball backwards instead of turning, a lack of communication/awareness/skill to enable the turn to be completed or is it playing safe given the number of times in pasted where we have been unable complete the turn and getting caught in possession?
Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 08:49 - May 5 with 851 viewsRichardO

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 07:39 - May 5 by Treforys_Jack

I see you've made a friend, bless him.

It would appear so,
It appears he didn't catch the fact that I copied and "pasted" a comment previously made, so it was the same waffle that he didn't quote correctly previously.
He may, also not be able to work out that predictive text sometimes tries to corrects, incorrectly.
Perhaps I should proof read my "in depth analysis" to ensure any replies are soulful and insightful on such life changing topics but why bother, eh?
[Post edited 5 May 2022 9:14]
Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 09:21 - May 5 with 830 viewsvetchonian

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 14:01 - Apr 11 by Treforys_Jack

Smith seems a good pro and a popular squad member, however he's a definite chink in RM's armour. His obsession with playing him in an advanced role is truly baffling. Even on Saturday, coming on as a sub, he immediately took an advanced midfield position. Bizarre tbh.

Especially as it seems he will not be here next season.....why continue to use him put Joseph on?

I know I will be accused of knocking Martin but given this was a season of transition surely knowing Smith was nit here next season it would be better to try youngsters such a Joseph

Makes no sense what our manager does at times

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 09:23 - May 5 with 823 viewsonehunglow

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 09:21 - May 5 by vetchonian

Especially as it seems he will not be here next season.....why continue to use him put Joseph on?

I know I will be accused of knocking Martin but given this was a season of transition surely knowing Smith was nit here next season it would be better to try youngsters such a Joseph

Makes no sense what our manager does at times

Joseph is not the only young player brought on in the 91st minute.

It is shameful and I feel we are better as a club.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 12:09 - May 5 with 787 viewsWhiterockin

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 09:23 - May 5 by onehunglow

Joseph is not the only young player brought on in the 91st minute.

It is shameful and I feel we are better as a club.

As a matter of interest do the youngsters coming on in the 91st minute get a bonus, if so they are probably happy to go on.
Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 12:31 - May 5 with 774 viewsjasper_T

Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 12:09 - May 5 by Whiterockin

As a matter of interest do the youngsters coming on in the 91st minute get a bonus, if so they are probably happy to go on.

Our academy players certainly aren't earning big money in bonuses. Maybe the contracts Mark Allen agreed?
Middle of Midfield open spaces to turn into with the ball. on 12:37 - May 5 with 772 viewsBadlands

A lot is down to the 1970 Leeds formula of passing the ball in roughly the direction you are facing. Fine if you have quick passing, good movement and don’t ignore opportunities to carry the ball.
When we have made Martin's style work the midfield has moved continuously in 'complex' patterns (not crabbing left and right) Creating space, keeping the opposition guessing and opening spaces.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024