Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again 12:35 - Jan 28 with 3817 viewspikeypaul

So much for their cliffs edge BS guesses they made the last 5 years 😂😂😂😂😂😂

They must feel really stupid now.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 15:45 - Feb 1 with 1059 viewsLohengrin

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 15:13 - Jan 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I would call myself passionately and proudly European, this is the continent that produced geniuses like Newton, Mozart, Da Vinci, Michu. Beautiful cities with rich history and stunning architecture, London, Prague, Paris, Skewen etc.

I value the cause of European unity but I don’t believe in the European Union. Whatever this mess is, it’s a million miles from the vision they had in the forties and fifties.

Beautifully put.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 17:32 - Feb 1 with 1007 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 14:41 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Pikey and Felix.

Putting the dumb into dumber and dumbest since 2106.

Wales has more extra funding during the two years of the pandemic from the UK government than it ever got from the EU.
The extra funding payed for the increased NHS spending, the cost of supplying and rolling out of the vaccines, it kept over 500,000 people in jobs in Wales on furlough, extra support for businesses.

Vaughan Getting has conveniently forgotten all this extra cash instead concentrating on the regional development funds which has been reduced to pay for more urgent needs.

That is the strength of the UK it can support all the UK during a crisis.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 991 viewsjack_lord

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 17:32 - Feb 1 by felixstowe_jack

Wales has more extra funding during the two years of the pandemic from the UK government than it ever got from the EU.
The extra funding payed for the increased NHS spending, the cost of supplying and rolling out of the vaccines, it kept over 500,000 people in jobs in Wales on furlough, extra support for businesses.

Vaughan Getting has conveniently forgotten all this extra cash instead concentrating on the regional development funds which has been reduced to pay for more urgent needs.

I suppose the main criticism of that is that we weren't in a pandemic when we were in the EU so we will never know.

I do think that we were able to manage UK Covid better without EU management but again we might have had better rules. It seems that the EU nations managed their domestic Covid situation individually so maybe we would have been in exactly the same position financially?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 984 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 15:45 - Feb 1 by Lohengrin

Beautifully put.

It is rather irritating when people conflate antipathy towards the European Union with being anti Europe. I have lived and worked in four separate EU countries and apart from one chancer who tried to mug me in Prague but somehow accidentally ended up with a broken nose everyone was absolutely lovely and I can’t speak highly enough of the whole bloody lot of them.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 10:43 - Feb 2 with 911 viewsjohnlangy

Regional Development Funding from the EU is in no way comparable with any funding Wales receives from Westminster with regard to the pandemic.

The RDF is money invested in areas of deprivation within the EU to attempt to bring greater prosperity to those areas.

Pandemic funding by the UK is no different to that of all the countries of the EU. The governments of the EU decided how they wanted to address their Covid problems in their own countries. It was nothing to do with the EU. France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc all had different approaches as to how to try to deal with the problem. And to deal with the problem they all borrowed money to cover the costs. Westminster borrowed the money for the whole of the UK because the devolved Governments are not allowed to borrow that money (not allowed by Westminster). And the money, unlike the RDF money from the EU, wasn't given to Wales which you always imply. It is now part of the UK debt which we are all liable for.

Conflating the two is misleading to say the least.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 14:50 - Feb 2 with 881 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I think if one thing comes from all this after the inevitable inquiry into the pandemic etc. it’s that in times of crisis we need a one uk one set of rules approach. It’s been farcical with different countries having different rules all trying to one up each other for political gain. You’ve had situations in border towns where people living on the same street have had different rules from their neighbours.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 07:34 - Feb 3 with 837 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Brexidiots. 🇬🇧

You were told.

Beware of the Risen People

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 07:39 - Feb 3 with 834 viewsKilkennyjack

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 14:50 - Feb 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I think if one thing comes from all this after the inevitable inquiry into the pandemic etc. it’s that in times of crisis we need a one uk one set of rules approach. It’s been farcical with different countries having different rules all trying to one up each other for political gain. You’ve had situations in border towns where people living on the same street have had different rules from their neighbours.

Not true.

The pandemic revealed the value of saving Wales from the partying Johnson.
The fact that the welsh people voted Drakers back in shows who is right here.

The welsh labour/plaid agreement further protects wales.
We do things differently in Wales.

Why would anyone with a shred of self respect want a proven liar to be in charge in a pandemic.
The inquiry will put Johnson in jail.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 09:57 - Feb 3 with 816 viewsjohnlangy

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 14:50 - Feb 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

'It’s been farcical with different countries having different rules all trying to one up each other for political gain'.

Border towns are perfectly normal. I imagine there are many between France and Belgium, Germany,Spain etc. All those Governments came up with their own rules and regs. It creates anomalies but they presumably found a way around them.

You say they set the rules for political gain. By that you probably mean the Welsh, Scottish and NI governments. Which would suggest you think Westminster wouldn't do the same.

On the other hand it could be that all four governments thought their interpretation of how to approach the pandemic was the best.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 776 viewsCatullus

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 18:39 - Feb 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It is rather irritating when people conflate antipathy towards the European Union with being anti Europe. I have lived and worked in four separate EU countries and apart from one chancer who tried to mug me in Prague but somehow accidentally ended up with a broken nose everyone was absolutely lovely and I can’t speak highly enough of the whole bloody lot of them.

I entirely agree with you. I love to travel and soon enough I want to start again. There is a lot of Europe I haven't seen yet and we have an open invitation to visit friends in Poland. leaving the EU was NEVER about leaving Europe and anyone saying that is barmy.

The more you travel the more you realise, people all over the world are just like us in most ways. The big problems are caused by politicians who keep dividing us for their own gains.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 16:41 - Feb 3 with 764 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 07:39 - Feb 3 by Kilkennyjack

Not true.

The pandemic revealed the value of saving Wales from the partying Johnson.
The fact that the welsh people voted Drakers back in shows who is right here.

The welsh labour/plaid agreement further protects wales.
We do things differently in Wales.

Why would anyone with a shred of self respect want a proven liar to be in charge in a pandemic.
The inquiry will put Johnson in jail.

But death rates here in wales have often been worse or similar to that of England so it is prudent to ask have the extra restrictions actually achieved anything? We do have an older population here which may explain the extra deaths but we’ve done a hell of a lot more mask wearing and had more lockdowns than our brothers and sisters across the border yet seem to have similar results.

Take the politics out of it and you will see.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 18:59 - Feb 3 with 731 viewsProfessor

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 16:41 - Feb 3 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

But death rates here in wales have often been worse or similar to that of England so it is prudent to ask have the extra restrictions actually achieved anything? We do have an older population here which may explain the extra deaths but we’ve done a hell of a lot more mask wearing and had more lockdowns than our brothers and sisters across the border yet seem to have similar results.

Take the politics out of it and you will see.

If you compare regionally-say NW England which is closer socioeconomically to South and NE Wales , then the measures would appear to have had a small effect. In comparison to SW England it does not. But Powys (rural and wealthier) looks like SW England.
Just taking a Wales v England comparison is very confounded. Not a political statement or expressing a view one was right or wrong, but that the comparison has flaws
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 20:26 - Feb 3 with 703 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 18:59 - Feb 3 by Professor

If you compare regionally-say NW England which is closer socioeconomically to South and NE Wales , then the measures would appear to have had a small effect. In comparison to SW England it does not. But Powys (rural and wealthier) looks like SW England.
Just taking a Wales v England comparison is very confounded. Not a political statement or expressing a view one was right or wrong, but that the comparison has flaws

Do viruses have any concern with the socioeconomic status of their hosts though?

But you’re right comparisons are stupid because every area, every region is faced with different demographics. It’s clear a virus would find it harder to spread in rural Powys where people may live miles from each other than it would in tower blocks in south London with a thousand people packed in.

But nearly every argument from the Welsh Nat types is how we’ve done so much better than England when the differences are negligible. And if I may be so bold to say the English government has had a tougher job in the first place due to its much larger population and also the fact that London and the south east is amongst the most densely populated areas of the entire continent. There’s just so many factors.

If we had one uk wide approach to these sorts of emergency events we wouldn’t all even be arguing over this… possibly.
Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 21:27 - Feb 3 with 679 viewsmajorraglan

Remoaners made to look idiots yet again on 20:26 - Feb 3 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Do viruses have any concern with the socioeconomic status of their hosts though?

But you’re right comparisons are stupid because every area, every region is faced with different demographics. It’s clear a virus would find it harder to spread in rural Powys where people may live miles from each other than it would in tower blocks in south London with a thousand people packed in.

But nearly every argument from the Welsh Nat types is how we’ve done so much better than England when the differences are negligible. And if I may be so bold to say the English government has had a tougher job in the first place due to its much larger population and also the fact that London and the south east is amongst the most densely populated areas of the entire continent. There’s just so many factors.

If we had one uk wide approach to these sorts of emergency events we wouldn’t all even be arguing over this… possibly.

Good post. There are times when comparisons can be made and others when they cannot, I think the Public Enquiry that’s coming further down the track will identify population profile and “poverty” as factors in the spread and mortality rate. We already see some of those factors at play in life expectancy rates which vary significantly across the UK.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 21:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024