Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unvaccinated NHS staff 13:22 - Jan 25 with 5236 viewsCountyJim

Good point on radio debate let them stay in their positions but should have to wear say a badge so that the vaccinated patients have a choice if they want them anywhere near them

The unvacinated say they have a choice so shouldn't patients that don't want them near them ?
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 06:49 - Jan 26 with 814 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 22:19 - Jan 25 by howenjack

Clinical trials haven't been completed yet - if they had they wouldn't be denying liability of any kind would they??

You wouldn’t buy anything without some kind of warranty against it. I’m aghast at people thinking it’s fine to shove a vaccine into themselves which has the characteristics of the bio weapon it’s supposed to be defending them from - all with no recourse to legal action if anything goes wrong!

It’s their lives, not a second hand car or a conservatory!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 06:50 - Jan 26 with 812 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 23:17 - Jan 25 by A_Fans_Dad

This where it is heading.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Digital ID.

It’s absolutely a very dangerous path to tread, it’s amazing how many willingly walk down that path.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 07:02 - Jan 26 with 803 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 06:49 - Jan 26 by Brynmill_Jack

You wouldn’t buy anything without some kind of warranty against it. I’m aghast at people thinking it’s fine to shove a vaccine into themselves which has the characteristics of the bio weapon it’s supposed to be defending them from - all with no recourse to legal action if anything goes wrong!

Of course no recourse for the 150,000 who have died so far or the millions who have caught the virus or the 100,000 who have long covoid.
What about the millions who have hospital treatment delayed due to hospital bed an ICUs beds occupied by the unvaccinated.

Vaccinations save lives, reduce your chances of catching it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 752 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 07:02 - Jan 26 by felixstowe_jack

Of course no recourse for the 150,000 who have died so far or the millions who have caught the virus or the 100,000 who have long covoid.
What about the millions who have hospital treatment delayed due to hospital bed an ICUs beds occupied by the unvaccinated.

"What about the millions who have hospital treatment delayed due to hospital bed an ICUs beds occupied by the unvaccinated."

You have no idea what you are talking about.
The very latest numbers from the NHS for the 16th January.
ICU beds Occupied by COVID Patients = 645
ICU beds Occupied by Non COVID Patients = 2602
ICU beds Not occupied by any Patients = 976
Those unoccupied beds have been at that sort of level since October.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:10 - Jan 26 with 751 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 07:02 - Jan 26 by felixstowe_jack

Healthy lifestyles save lives too but no doubt people will still be guzzling their beer and tucking into their McDonalds like it’s going out of fashion, many of those will no doubt be telling people to get vaccinated because they are talking up medical resources too.

People should make their own choices based on their own beliefs and nobody should impose their will on others by taking freedoms away from them.

I don’t see how anyone can support that regardless of view on vaccines.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:24 - Jan 26 with 743 viewsProfessor

Anyone entering training into a degree pathway that leads to a health service career (nursing, medicine, paramedics, therapists) where there is patient contact is required to have a range of vaccinations (now including Covid) as a requirement to protect that individual (exposure to pathogens is part of COSHH) and a duty of care to patients. It can easily be argued that anyone entering into non-clinical/para-clinical position such as porters where there is patient contact should require the same.

However, there are clear ethical issues of enforcing vaccines on existing employees as well as issues around employment law-though the argument around health and safety law could be considered to override some of these. Nevertheless, there is a considerable moral requirement to protect patient health which should mean people in these positions should be vaccinated. The last few years have shown the degree of transmission in healthcare settings. Certainly those refusing to get vaccinated in healthcare should be taking a long look at themselves. Whilst I don't agree in making vaccines compulsory for this group, they really need to consider where and what they do whilst making a decision. Of course constant misinformation in black and asian communities has clearly not helped.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:41 - Jan 26 with 739 viewskrunchykarrot

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:24 - Jan 26 by Professor

Anyone entering training into a degree pathway that leads to a health service career (nursing, medicine, paramedics, therapists) where there is patient contact is required to have a range of vaccinations (now including Covid) as a requirement to protect that individual (exposure to pathogens is part of COSHH) and a duty of care to patients. It can easily be argued that anyone entering into non-clinical/para-clinical position such as porters where there is patient contact should require the same.

However, there are clear ethical issues of enforcing vaccines on existing employees as well as issues around employment law-though the argument around health and safety law could be considered to override some of these. Nevertheless, there is a considerable moral requirement to protect patient health which should mean people in these positions should be vaccinated. The last few years have shown the degree of transmission in healthcare settings. Certainly those refusing to get vaccinated in healthcare should be taking a long look at themselves. Whilst I don't agree in making vaccines compulsory for this group, they really need to consider where and what they do whilst making a decision. Of course constant misinformation in black and asian communities has clearly not helped.

Great post Prof, but what i dont get and nobody will answer is the vaccine protects you but does not mean you mean you cant catch it or pass it on. So if the Dr is jabbed or not is irrelevant. Also all the auxcillary staff entering etc, people should know how hard it is to keep a clean room intact day on day which is the same size as a large garage. These fear tactics have worked to well, i see people wearing masks outside.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:53 - Jan 26 with 736 viewsScotia

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 22:13 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Why do the triple/ quadruple vaccinated folks fear then unvaccinated? Can you please enlighten me?

You see I thought the whole point of having these shots is so that the Djokovic’s of this world can’t infect you?

What the f*ck are you saying? If the vaccines won’t defend you against an unvaccinated person - why did you have the vaccine? Are you ill in the head?

Originally I was grateful to recieive the vaccine so I reduced the risk of passing the virus on to my family, that was my fear. I was fully vaccinated in March 2021 when the Alpha variant was dominant so the vaccine did that job. After my parents got vaccinated too I was less worried. They've been boosted so I'm not particulalry worried about them now.

The omicron variant means that the impact of reducing transmission is substantially less but I received the booster becasue I don't particularly want to get too ill. Even if it is the equivalent to the flu in many cases. I'm not in a vulnerable group and would consider myself to be fit. It seemed to work becasue my brush with covid was just that, I didn't miss a day's work. It felt like a heavy cold for 2 days and an average cold for 3.

The vaccine is safe and effective so why anyone would choose not to have it is beyond me. Especially the vulnerable and people in the NHS dealing with the virus day in and day out.

I don't fear the virus as an individual.
Login to get fewer ads

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:55 - Jan 26 with 726 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:24 - Jan 26 by Professor

Except these Experimental Vaccines with no historical data do not protect anyone other than the person vaccinated do they?

And they don't even do that for very long and hardly at all against Omicron.

When will you admit they are worthless for protecting patients for more than a couplke of weeks when even recently boosted people?

Even double boosted Israelis are getting Omicron.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 12:35 - Jan 26 with 722 viewsProfessor

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 11:41 - Jan 26 by krunchykarrot

Great post Prof, but what i dont get and nobody will answer is the vaccine protects you but does not mean you mean you cant catch it or pass it on. So if the Dr is jabbed or not is irrelevant. Also all the auxcillary staff entering etc, people should know how hard it is to keep a clean room intact day on day which is the same size as a large garage. These fear tactics have worked to well, i see people wearing masks outside.

Does not stop, but still reduces risk. Very few vaccines actually completely stop transmission, but any reduction helps. In a fully immune population then a pathogen loses places to go and tends to peter out. So actually it is relevant, but not a solution by itself. Of course it needs regular LFD testing to reduce the risk of asymptomatic infection and transmission along with other measure such as masks and distancing when close contact is not needed. I agree wearing masks outside has little value, but to stop their use indoors now is a mistake. We, as university, are keeping mask wearing indoors based on the scientific evidence rather than political moves. I don't think out £400K pa Vice Chancellor is much of a 'lefty' either.

Either way the H & S legislation is arguably enough if you really wanted to push it.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:01 - Jan 26 with 699 viewsonehunglow

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 12:35 - Jan 26 by Professor

Does not stop, but still reduces risk. Very few vaccines actually completely stop transmission, but any reduction helps. In a fully immune population then a pathogen loses places to go and tends to peter out. So actually it is relevant, but not a solution by itself. Of course it needs regular LFD testing to reduce the risk of asymptomatic infection and transmission along with other measure such as masks and distancing when close contact is not needed. I agree wearing masks outside has little value, but to stop their use indoors now is a mistake. We, as university, are keeping mask wearing indoors based on the scientific evidence rather than political moves. I don't think out £400K pa Vice Chancellor is much of a 'lefty' either.

Either way the H & S legislation is arguably enough if you really wanted to push it.

When we had a smallpox epidemic early 60s,people had it without question.
Our mentality as a society has changed.

We see the likes of Eric Clapton and Neil Young and the recently deceased Meatloaf decrying vaccine YET I bet Clapton has had his jabs for his visits to Antigua.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 687 viewsProfessor

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:01 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

When we had a smallpox epidemic early 60s,people had it without question.
Our mentality as a society has changed.

We see the likes of Eric Clapton and Neil Young and the recently deceased Meatloaf decrying vaccine YET I bet Clapton has had his jabs for his visits to Antigua.

Neil Young is pro-vaccine Rich. He wants to pull his music off Spotify unless they get shot of anti-vaxxer podcasts like Joe Rogan
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:35 - Jan 26 with 685 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 06:49 - Jan 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Bio weapon?
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 15:01 - Jan 26 with 654 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:35 - Jan 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Bio weapon?

Might have something to do with the US DoD DARPA being involved in it's Gain of Function research.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 15:02]
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 15:25 - Jan 26 with 646 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 13:35 - Jan 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Bio weapon?

If that’s news to you - where have you been??
Does the WUhan institute of virology ring a bell?
Lab leak conspiracy theory - suddenly becomes a theory?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:36 - Jan 26 with 631 viewsProfessor

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 15:25 - Jan 26 by Brynmill_Jack

It would be a remarkably crap bioweapon. And you certainly would not release the sequence to allow a vaccine to be produced or exchange the strain with the US, UK and others if it were. It may be a leak (which is still less likely by a long way than a zoonotic source), but it's no bioweapon.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:41 - Jan 26 with 631 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 15:25 - Jan 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I’ve certainly heard of the lab leak theory, which suggests that a novel strain of coronavirus may have inadvertently escaped. But by using the word “bio weapon” you are suggesting that the virus was engineered to kill and was released intentionally and this pandemic is a deliberate and nefarious attack?

If I were the Chinese I’d want my money back.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 625 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:36 - Jan 26 by Professor

It would be a remarkably crap bioweapon. And you certainly would not release the sequence to allow a vaccine to be produced or exchange the strain with the US, UK and others if it were. It may be a leak (which is still less likely by a long way than a zoonotic source), but it's no bioweapon.

I can imagine the Chinese sitting there in their secret underground lair cackling away as their vicious bio weapon makes the majority of people it attacks slightly ill for a few days.

“That’ll show em”.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 17:10 - Jan 26 with 620 viewsyatesie3

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:54 - Jan 25 by CountyJim

Well as I said the unvaccinated harp on about its their choice so why shouldn't the public have a choice if they wanted to be treated/handled by the unvaccinated

Seems fair enough if they ain't happy with others having a choice then perhaps they should then be offered a choice of leaving for another profession

Yes I wonder how this would go.

Sorry sir but there is only 1 nurse here in a&e available at present to save your life but as she isn't jabbed you don't want her!!

Some people on here need to give their head a wobble
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 620 viewsyatesie3

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:31 - Jan 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I listen to scientists that are not paid by big pharma.
Good day to you too.

Are you telling me that you are not going to listen to the scientist who works with Pfizer?! Lol 😂
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 615 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 16:36 - Jan 26 by Professor

Did we not shut down our economies and amass more debt as a result of Corona Virus?
Did it not cause political instability?
Did it not give the Democrats what they needed to dispose of Donald Trump's administration (an administration that was enacting anti-China policies).
A bio-weapon doesn't have to kill everybody.

Unless of course you are saying that we shut everything down for a cold.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:05 - Jan 26 with 595 viewskrunchykarrot

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 12:35 - Jan 26 by Professor

But to sack some very qualified surgeons who save lives daily doesnt sit well with me. All this woke virtual signalling is ridiculous. Why cant they just take a test, and how is Drakeford going to square this off.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:16 - Jan 26 with 585 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 17:18 - Jan 26 by Ajack_Kerouac

Did we not shut down our economies and amass more debt as a result of Corona Virus?
Did it not cause political instability?
Did it not give the Democrats what they needed to dispose of Donald Trump's administration (an administration that was enacting anti-China policies).
A bio-weapon doesn't have to kill everybody.

Unless of course you are saying that we shut everything down for a cold.

China shut down too. It’s a bit of a cock up releasing this bio weapon on your own bloody doorstep.

Ffs.
Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 571 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:16 - Jan 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

China shut down too. It’s a bit of a cock up releasing this bio weapon on your own bloody doorstep.

Ffs.

Did China achieve their geo-political objectives?

Is Trump gone?
Is America split?
Is America weakened?
Is China more likely to invade Taiwan now or less? Are they in a stronger position now?
Is Europe split from America.
Can Europe or America lecture China now on freedom? On it's authoritarian system?
Did China get to humiliate the President of the United States at the summit in Alaska?
Are maleable countries more likely to side with China now or America?
Did America lose it's air base in Afghanistan?

With the removal of Trump are American businesses able to continue their relationship with China?

Who can afford to lose more people to a mild virus, the West or China?

They are winning.
Our leaders are weak, our people are weak.

Do we know the long term effects of the virus?
Have we been softened up for what comes next?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 569 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unvaccinated NHS staff on 18:32 - Jan 26 by Ajack_Kerouac

Did China achieve their geo-political objectives?

Is Trump gone?
Is America split?
Is America weakened?
Is China more likely to invade Taiwan now or less? Are they in a stronger position now?
Is Europe split from America.
Can Europe or America lecture China now on freedom? On it's authoritarian system?
Did China get to humiliate the President of the United States at the summit in Alaska?
Are maleable countries more likely to side with China now or America?
Did America lose it's air base in Afghanistan?

With the removal of Trump are American businesses able to continue their relationship with China?

Who can afford to lose more people to a mild virus, the West or China?

They are winning.
Our leaders are weak, our people are weak.

Do we know the long term effects of the virus?
Have we been softened up for what comes next?

They’ve been winning for a long time. Our leaders have been weak for a long time. Their bio weaponry hasn’t changed anything. Our people are strong. We’ve withstood a bio weapon for 2 years now. Who needs nuclear warheads and mutually assured destruction when you can just make people cough a bit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024