Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 25409 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:40 - Feb 19 with 1521 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:09 - Feb 19 by Catullus

It's only connected because people keep connecting it. If we disconnect it then it's better.

Talk about taking the knee and raising the fist as a human rights fight and a protest against racism and forget BLM. It's not really hard, unless people keep coming along claiming it's all linked and always will be.

Things mean what we want them to mean.

The last paragraph, yes. I think both of us got abuse for calling out BLM and refusing to support them. Several times we were called racist because we insisted all lives matter and all racism is wrong. The people calling us racist couldn't even see they were part of the problem, not the answer.

It’s connected because it is connected. People are pointing out the connection, not creating it.

Ask yourself this. If George Floyd hadn’t been killed and the BLM riots didn’t happen... would our players be taking the knee or raising a fist. The answer is astoundingly obvious - no. They are clearly intertwined.

Instead of telling people to not point out the obvious and stark connection, it would probably be better to do something that has no connection to a political organisation at all. Wouldn’t it?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:03 - Feb 19 with 1470 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:40 - Feb 19 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s connected because it is connected. People are pointing out the connection, not creating it.

Ask yourself this. If George Floyd hadn’t been killed and the BLM riots didn’t happen... would our players be taking the knee or raising a fist. The answer is astoundingly obvious - no. They are clearly intertwined.

Instead of telling people to not point out the obvious and stark connection, it would probably be better to do something that has no connection to a political organisation at all. Wouldn’t it?

I didn't say there wasn't a connection, I said disconnect it, change the story.

They are taking the knee now to object to racism, not to support BLM. BLM co-opted taking the knee so now we take it back.

The people pointing out the connection are people like you who won't let it drop. Well hy not let it drop?

Don't go on about it, change the narrative, or are you too intransigent? Maybe that's the truth, you can't let it drop, you need to keep on going on about it so you can "debate" others into the ground until they give up. It is your modus operandi after all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:49 - Feb 19 with 1463 viewsjackrabbit

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:48 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Well,Wilf Zaha not going to take the knee neither are Brentford led by Tovey.
It shows how nebulous this topic can be

Neither is Lyle Taylor at Forest. All men of principle, and ballsy with it.

Brentford’s Ivan Toney dismisses “the knee” for the tokenism it is. Instead he sees practical action like getting soshul meejhah companies to face up to their responsibilities :

“Now someone can say something online, the account will get blocked for a bit, give it 24 hours and they're back online, back at it again. I feel like they're not going to learn. Or within seconds they can just make another account. So it is very easy for people to do something like that.

"People can hide behind a screen. No one is going to do it at a match, in front of you, like throw a banana at a black player or something. They are very happy hiding behind a screen and being comfortable.”

You think some of these online numpties are going to be converted by this tedious ritual prior to kickoff?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:50]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:04 - Feb 19 with 1448 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:49 - Feb 19 by jackrabbit

Neither is Lyle Taylor at Forest. All men of principle, and ballsy with it.

Brentford’s Ivan Toney dismisses “the knee” for the tokenism it is. Instead he sees practical action like getting soshul meejhah companies to face up to their responsibilities :

“Now someone can say something online, the account will get blocked for a bit, give it 24 hours and they're back online, back at it again. I feel like they're not going to learn. Or within seconds they can just make another account. So it is very easy for people to do something like that.

"People can hide behind a screen. No one is going to do it at a match, in front of you, like throw a banana at a black player or something. They are very happy hiding behind a screen and being comfortable.”

You think some of these online numpties are going to be converted by this tedious ritual prior to kickoff?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:50]

Brave post.
I hate tokenism in any form

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:26 - Feb 19 with 1439 viewsReslovenSwan1

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:04 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Brave post.
I hate tokenism in any form

I make contentious comments on Facebook from time to time and will gladly 'out' anti Welsh racism on Facebook. I do however pick my prefered battlefield of debate and limit my Facebook page to 'fiends only' to avoid stress.

Dhanda is very ideaistic or perhaps even naiive if he thinks Instagram and Twitter will bend to his persepective. This does not mean that the South wales Constabulary cannot get involved. I have argued that anti Welsh stuff is also bad to those of us like me that take it personally. (all beit at the lower end of the racism spectrum)

Wise sage since Toshack era

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:03 - Feb 19 with 1432 viewsGaryjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:26 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I make contentious comments on Facebook from time to time and will gladly 'out' anti Welsh racism on Facebook. I do however pick my prefered battlefield of debate and limit my Facebook page to 'fiends only' to avoid stress.

Dhanda is very ideaistic or perhaps even naiive if he thinks Instagram and Twitter will bend to his persepective. This does not mean that the South wales Constabulary cannot get involved. I have argued that anti Welsh stuff is also bad to those of us like me that take it personally. (all beit at the lower end of the racism spectrum)

'fiends only'
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:11 - Feb 19 with 1423 viewsDr_Winston

The social media thing is interesting.

Are people (in the slimmest sense of the word) racially abusing players on whatever forum because they genuinely hate those who are of a different race, or because they're f*cking cretins who can see it trending and fancy having a bash themselves for shits and giggles because there's no comebacks?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:45 - Feb 19 with 1403 viewsjackrabbit

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:11 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

The social media thing is interesting.

Are people (in the slimmest sense of the word) racially abusing players on whatever forum because they genuinely hate those who are of a different race, or because they're f*cking cretins who can see it trending and fancy having a bash themselves for shits and giggles because there's no comebacks?

Probably a combination of both.
Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:59 - Feb 19 with 1393 viewsDr_Winston

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:45 - Feb 19 by jackrabbit

Probably a combination of both.

Aye, probably right.

Ultimately, barring a very small minority, most people don't "hate" those of a different race. Utter fu*kwits who think it's a larf to wind people up on the internet when they're safe from repercussions are far more common.

That's the kind of stupidity that needs to be combated, and no amount of taking the knee will change it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 08:18 - Feb 20 with 1313 viewstrampie

The right wing have taken control of the narrative.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 1295 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:03 - Feb 19 by Catullus

I didn't say there wasn't a connection, I said disconnect it, change the story.

They are taking the knee now to object to racism, not to support BLM. BLM co-opted taking the knee so now we take it back.

The people pointing out the connection are people like you who won't let it drop. Well hy not let it drop?

Don't go on about it, change the narrative, or are you too intransigent? Maybe that's the truth, you can't let it drop, you need to keep on going on about it so you can "debate" others into the ground until they give up. It is your modus operandi after all.

So you recognize there is a connection but want people to pretend there isn't? I don't get your point at all.

I also don't get what you mean by ''letting it drop''. Do you see me making threads on it? I am giving my view on it, as you are. Why don't you let your anti-Trump and ''the knee isn't political'' opinion drop? You are as entitled to your opinions I am so it's incredibly rich you want others to stop giving theirs so yours can stand unchallenged. Ut's not how forums work.

By changing the narrative I will be changing my opinion. I can pretend it isn't a political message. but that won't help anything as I will firmly believe it is. Whether all are doing it for that reason is of little consequence.

So pray tell why you are here going on about it? Some may say you enjoy the conflict?

The hypocrisy in your post is astounding, Cat. You are letting yourself down in recent days.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:09 - Feb 20 with 1269 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 09:19 - Feb 20 by Dr_Parnassus

So you recognize there is a connection but want people to pretend there isn't? I don't get your point at all.

I also don't get what you mean by ''letting it drop''. Do you see me making threads on it? I am giving my view on it, as you are. Why don't you let your anti-Trump and ''the knee isn't political'' opinion drop? You are as entitled to your opinions I am so it's incredibly rich you want others to stop giving theirs so yours can stand unchallenged. Ut's not how forums work.

By changing the narrative I will be changing my opinion. I can pretend it isn't a political message. but that won't help anything as I will firmly believe it is. Whether all are doing it for that reason is of little consequence.

So pray tell why you are here going on about it? Some may say you enjoy the conflict?

The hypocrisy in your post is astounding, Cat. You are letting yourself down in recent days.

Letting what?
Astoundingly arrogant Sir and you need to look in the glass ,as frankly,your ego is taking you over .

You post interesting stuff and provoke responses;Ive done that myelf but now personal appraisals by anonymous football forum fans aint the best way forward.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:30 - Feb 20 with 1258 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:09 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

Letting what?
Astoundingly arrogant Sir and you need to look in the glass ,as frankly,your ego is taking you over .

You post interesting stuff and provoke responses;Ive done that myelf but now personal appraisals by anonymous football forum fans aint the best way forward.

I have no idea what that means? What do you mean ''letting what?''.

Cat gave me a personal appraisal simply for stating my opinion on this topic, blissfully unaware he was doing exactly the same thing. I was pointing out the irony.

I can only imagine you missed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:01 - Feb 20 with 1231 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 09:19 - Feb 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I'm saying let the BLM connection drop so we can get on with beating racism.

If that is letting myself down then I'm happy to do so.

People are allowed to chnge their opinions, I do it all the time, specially when people prove to me my opinion is wrong. Indeed it was you that showed me why BLM were not worth supporting.
I don't want to stand unchallenged, unlike you I don't see it as winning or losing. It's about being right or wrong in most cases and I see supporting an anti racism stance as being right, I see deriding it for being "BLM" as being wrong. The world moves on and doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing but I see supporting the FA's fight against racism as the right thing, if they choose taking the knee then I'm with them.

If you want to continue to be against them, it's your choice.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:26 - Feb 20 with 1214 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:01 - Feb 20 by Catullus

I'm saying let the BLM connection drop so we can get on with beating racism.

If that is letting myself down then I'm happy to do so.

People are allowed to chnge their opinions, I do it all the time, specially when people prove to me my opinion is wrong. Indeed it was you that showed me why BLM were not worth supporting.
I don't want to stand unchallenged, unlike you I don't see it as winning or losing. It's about being right or wrong in most cases and I see supporting an anti racism stance as being right, I see deriding it for being "BLM" as being wrong. The world moves on and doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing but I see supporting the FA's fight against racism as the right thing, if they choose taking the knee then I'm with them.

If you want to continue to be against them, it's your choice.

I didn’t make the connection in order to drop it, it’s there.

It’s like saying stop connecting people saying racist things to racism, racism solved. It’s a senseless suggestion.

The connection is there already, which is why people don’t like it. Pretending it isn’t there won’t make it magically disappear.

I honestly can’t fathom your point.

What if the FA said, “In order to fight racism we want everyone to wear a T-shirt with a swastika on”..... Would you do it?

If they said it was originally a peaceful symbol... then some players doing the Nazi salute to combine with it. While we are told to stop connecting it and it’s seperate to Nazism. Would you join in?

I wouldn’t do either and would clearly see that the connection to an awful political stance is needlessly being mixed up with the cause. 99.9% of people agree with the message, an awful lot don’t agree with the politics, so get rid of it. It’s simple really.

But hey I base my views and actions on common sense.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 12:45]

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 1186 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:26 - Feb 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t make the connection in order to drop it, it’s there.

It’s like saying stop connecting people saying racist things to racism, racism solved. It’s a senseless suggestion.

The connection is there already, which is why people don’t like it. Pretending it isn’t there won’t make it magically disappear.

I honestly can’t fathom your point.

What if the FA said, “In order to fight racism we want everyone to wear a T-shirt with a swastika on”..... Would you do it?

If they said it was originally a peaceful symbol... then some players doing the Nazi salute to combine with it. While we are told to stop connecting it and it’s seperate to Nazism. Would you join in?

I wouldn’t do either and would clearly see that the connection to an awful political stance is needlessly being mixed up with the cause. 99.9% of people agree with the message, an awful lot don’t agree with the politics, so get rid of it. It’s simple really.

But hey I base my views and actions on common sense.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 12:45]

You base your views and opinions on what you consider to be common sense. Others may disagree.

On that note we shall have to agree to disagree.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:37 - Feb 20 with 1178 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:17 - Feb 20 by Catullus

You base your views and opinions on what you consider to be common sense. Others may disagree.

On that note we shall have to agree to disagree.

Of course it’s common sense, you just don’t want to admit it. Which is why you couldn’t answer my question I put to you.

Because obviously your answer would be no, which is the exact same reason as why some don’t like this. They don’t agree with the links to the awful political side. There is no difference.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:40 - Feb 20 with 1150 viewsjackrabbit

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 08:18 - Feb 20 by trampie

The right wing have taken control of the narrative.

You are Dave Spart and I claim my £5
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:45 - Feb 20 with 1143 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:30 - Feb 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I have no idea what that means? What do you mean ''letting what?''.

Cat gave me a personal appraisal simply for stating my opinion on this topic, blissfully unaware he was doing exactly the same thing. I was pointing out the irony.

I can only imagine you missed it.

You are nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
None of us are

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 03:17 - Feb 21 with 1088 viewsDJack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:45 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

You are nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
None of us are

Now you get it!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:12 - Feb 21 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 03:17 - Feb 21 by DJack

Now you get it!

And you,fine friend?

Look in the glass

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:12 - Feb 21 with 1020 viewsDJack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:12 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

And you,fine friend?

Look in the glass

I've always got it. I've often been corrected on these boards and that is fine, helpful even.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:35 - Feb 21 with 1001 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:12 - Feb 21 by DJack

I've always got it. I've often been corrected on these boards and that is fine, helpful even.

DJ.
Think of a subject we can agree in a.
I ll see you in my dreams

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:57 - Feb 23 with 932 views34dfgdf54

That’s the end of my support of taking the knee...
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:20 - Feb 23 with 919 viewsKeithHaynes

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:57 - Feb 23 by 34dfgdf54

That’s the end of my support of taking the knee...

Alienation of an organisations supporters is the perfect idiots way of exposing themselves.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024