Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dhanda Racist Abuse 06:29 - Feb 11 with 8636 views34dfgdf54

Swans confirm Dhanda received racist abuse after yesterday’s game.

Not surprised at all unfortunately.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 15:03 - Feb 12 with 1176 viewsjackrabbit

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 14:36 - Feb 12 by onehunglow

Sense.
Ive lived 44 yrs in England and near Welsh border too.

No difference at all in the people. We look the same and often think the same;have the same hopes and fears .We speak the same language too .

In my experience it is batshiyte crazy to even suggest the Welsh get a hard time .The hardest time Swansea gets is the cardiff bias the capital curse.

Some people truly with massive inferiority complexes which are only removed when moved out of the goldfish bowl that is the Welsh Valleys.

Well said. Me too. But there again I’m not constantly proclaiming my Welshness. I don’t need to.
Dhanda Racist Abuse on 15:55 - Feb 12 with 1156 viewsmax936

Anyway, Dhanda's "victim" is fit to to play tomorrow by all accounts, the fuss and uproar over what was a run of the mill misplaced tackle and their fears of injury by their entitled fans, are unfounded, not a fan of Spurs, but I hope they hand Citeh their arses and put them all back in their box.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 16:12 - Feb 12 with 1134 viewsonehunglow

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 15:55 - Feb 12 by max936

Anyway, Dhanda's "victim" is fit to to play tomorrow by all accounts, the fuss and uproar over what was a run of the mill misplaced tackle and their fears of injury by their entitled fans, are unfounded, not a fan of Spurs, but I hope they hand Citeh their arses and put them all back in their box.

I thought he was crippled for life.

Simulation is the biggest curse in sport

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 1115 viewsKeithHaynes

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 12:50 - Feb 12 by Catullus

They don't call us sheep though, they call us sheep shaggers. I have witnessed some bad things at football, much worse than bleating or being called a sheep shagger. I have seen violence, by fans and by police. I walked past Terry Coles body minutes after it happened. Yes I have seen and had anti Welsh abuse directed at me too.

Football fans, probably all sports fans have their idiots who behave that way. Norwich, Peterborough and Lincoln fans get called sheep shaggers too.
It's not weakness to be able to rise above it any more than it's weakness to hate it and report it.
You say if people complain they will have to act, I know from experience that's not true. I also cannot say what I have experienced is worse than what Dhanda has had, who knows how it affected him?
We can prwch zero tolerance but even so what can be done is what the law says. If calling us sheep shaggers isn't considered a hate crime nothing gets done. I've seen police laugh at people complaining about this, saying that we gave just as good as we got.
Mind you I also remember police saying they would arrest anyone using the word Yid as it was defatory and insulting, they were talking about a Spurs game, Spurs call themselves Yids. It's a funny old world.

I think there are bigger things to worry about than other football fans trying to get under our skin but that's me.

As long as one team plays in one colour and the other in a different colour, then a rivalry is ready made. All we have left after that is the individuals involved in supporting those colours - and then the levels they will go to regards enforcing their agenda.

Tribal or racial ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 19:16 - Feb 12 with 1064 viewsAndyCole

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 17:38 - Feb 11 by NotLoyal

They hate the knee on here ?
Pushing the boundaries and extremely incorrect.

This.

And back on topic, inexcusable cowardly abuse shouldn't be tolerated, ever.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 19:34 - Feb 12 with 1045 viewsmadridjack

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me
Dhanda Racist Abuse on 19:39 - Feb 12 with 1040 viewsKeithHaynes

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 19:34 - Feb 12 by madridjack

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me

Can you explain that ?

I’ll give you ten minutes.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 19:57 - Feb 12 with 1016 viewsKeithHaynes

Ok folks, he’s gone.

Login to get fewer ads

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 20:09 - Feb 12 with 985 viewsonehunglow

Spanish can be pretty racist ,no?

Madrid-never been there.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 22:02 - Feb 12 with 944 viewsCatullus

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 17:23 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

As long as one team plays in one colour and the other in a different colour, then a rivalry is ready made. All we have left after that is the individuals involved in supporting those colours - and then the levels they will go to regards enforcing their agenda.

Tribal or racial ?

Tribal mostly but there are obviously some genuine racists in amongst it all.

Sticks and stones......well calling me a sheep shagger never broke any bones!

Anyway, the police are dealing with it so hopefully justice will prevail and this racist gets what is deserved.

In some countries that'd be a flogging with a bamboo cane. A friends dad got that in Saudi for getting caught drunk at a party. It broke him, mentally, he was never the same. Crooks and idiots over here can count themselves lucky.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 23:24 - Feb 12 with 906 viewsonehunglow

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 15:03 - Feb 12 by jackrabbit

Well said. Me too. But there again I’m not constantly proclaiming my Welshness. I don’t need to.

Mate.I am comfortable in myself.

We went up to Prem and our community saw big bbq party.

Wales win,they all know.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 23:29 - Feb 12 with 907 viewsKeithHaynes

No more Madrid than Manselton.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 05:59 - Feb 13 with 866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 22:02 - Feb 12 by Catullus

Tribal mostly but there are obviously some genuine racists in amongst it all.

Sticks and stones......well calling me a sheep shagger never broke any bones!

Anyway, the police are dealing with it so hopefully justice will prevail and this racist gets what is deserved.

In some countries that'd be a flogging with a bamboo cane. A friends dad got that in Saudi for getting caught drunk at a party. It broke him, mentally, he was never the same. Crooks and idiots over here can count themselves lucky.

I think the bar has been intentionally lowered to such an extent in order to feed people’s recent lust for calling everyone a racist. Everyone and anyone can probably be called a racist these days, it’s quite ridiculous. As I have touched upon before, it’s racist in many peoples eyes to own a front lawn now, to display a counties flag, to sing a national anthem - it’s a fine art but people find it in absolutely anything... even food preferences.

In terms of actual racists, I think there are very few. Many more will use racist language to get a rise though. Same with homophobic language, I bet many on here have called something “gay” - especially the younger crowd - but doubt very much that many, if any, are homophobic. People pick on difference and attack it when in conflict. Whether it’s someone’s shape, hair colour, sexuality, height (or lack of), weight, gender - again the list is endless. This is exacerbated online because people need to shock in order to get noticed, it’s the awful social media age.

In order to wipe out racist language however, I do think everything needs to be treated the same. This wishy washy approach to what is and what isn’t racist is giving people poetic licence to accuse and also to abuse. If you are abusing someone for their race, that is racist language - whether they are Black, White, Romany, Asian, Celtic - it shouldn’t matter. It’s either all racist, or none of it is. Can’t pick and choose.

I always remember being shocked when the NBA was taking its stance against racism, then completely ignored one of its black players (Montrezl Harrell) on court running after Luca Doncic and calling him a “bitch a** white boy”. Should have been a huge story but nobody cared. Do I think he’s a racist? Doubtful, he just said something stupid to try and get under his skin. But his punishment should have been the same as an attack on any other race. Racism is racism and there is no place for any of it.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 6:10]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:26 - Feb 13 with 827 viewsHighjack

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 05:59 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I think the bar has been intentionally lowered to such an extent in order to feed people’s recent lust for calling everyone a racist. Everyone and anyone can probably be called a racist these days, it’s quite ridiculous. As I have touched upon before, it’s racist in many peoples eyes to own a front lawn now, to display a counties flag, to sing a national anthem - it’s a fine art but people find it in absolutely anything... even food preferences.

In terms of actual racists, I think there are very few. Many more will use racist language to get a rise though. Same with homophobic language, I bet many on here have called something “gay” - especially the younger crowd - but doubt very much that many, if any, are homophobic. People pick on difference and attack it when in conflict. Whether it’s someone’s shape, hair colour, sexuality, height (or lack of), weight, gender - again the list is endless. This is exacerbated online because people need to shock in order to get noticed, it’s the awful social media age.

In order to wipe out racist language however, I do think everything needs to be treated the same. This wishy washy approach to what is and what isn’t racist is giving people poetic licence to accuse and also to abuse. If you are abusing someone for their race, that is racist language - whether they are Black, White, Romany, Asian, Celtic - it shouldn’t matter. It’s either all racist, or none of it is. Can’t pick and choose.

I always remember being shocked when the NBA was taking its stance against racism, then completely ignored one of its black players (Montrezl Harrell) on court running after Luca Doncic and calling him a “bitch a** white boy”. Should have been a huge story but nobody cared. Do I think he’s a racist? Doubtful, he just said something stupid to try and get under his skin. But his punishment should have been the same as an attack on any other race. Racism is racism and there is no place for any of it.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 6:10]

I got called racist on here by some idiot for quoting Stormzy lyrics.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:26 - Feb 13 by Highjack

To be called racist today is a very easy and convenient way of socially isolating somebody which is almost racist itself.

It is a term that is ,frankly, being used quite disingenuously by some.

To be seen as one who reviles racism is always good to perceive but what is in the individual's mind is more important.

Stare in the mirror
What do you see
Tell yourself truly
What do you see

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 808 viewsHighjack

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:47 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

To be called racist today is a very easy and convenient way of socially isolating somebody which is almost racist itself.

It is a term that is ,frankly, being used quite disingenuously by some.

To be seen as one who reviles racism is always good to perceive but what is in the individual's mind is more important.

Stare in the mirror
What do you see
Tell yourself truly
What do you see

A right handsome bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 799 viewsonehunglow

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:56 - Feb 13 by Highjack

Look into your soul.

Have a good day

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 794 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:56 - Feb 13 by Highjack

You’ve got the same mirror as me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 11:17 - Feb 13 with 790 viewsAndyCole

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 13:32 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

Maybe certain posters do but that’s democracy, but collectively it would be wrong to say ‘ They hate the knee on here’ That’s inaccurate 👍

You're right.

It would be wrong, and in so many ways.

What the heck does a poster mean by "you lot on here" ?

I always like to think of this forum as our local Club bar for local people supporting the same cause. Imagine if someone swooped in and kept baying "you lot in here".

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 769 viewsCatullus

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 10:26 - Feb 13 by Highjack

Yeah they totally ignored the point you were making and tried to turn it against you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 753 viewsAnotherJohn

"People pick on difference and attack it when in conflict." Agree in broad terms with Dr P on that; people pick on the weakest point when they want to attack. The racist abuse targeted at Yan was absolutely wrong full stop, but one imagines that some of the Mancs will quickly shift to an alternative form of abuse if they think they see one of their players being clogged. It isn't going to be easy to stop hateful remarks directed at professional footballers on social media, even if we can get rid of the racism and homophobia.
Dhanda Racist Abuse on 13:20 - Feb 13 with 735 viewsonehunglow

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 13:10 - Feb 13 by AnotherJohn

"People pick on difference and attack it when in conflict." Agree in broad terms with Dr P on that; people pick on the weakest point when they want to attack. The racist abuse targeted at Yan was absolutely wrong full stop, but one imagines that some of the Mancs will quickly shift to an alternative form of abuse if they think they see one of their players being clogged. It isn't going to be easy to stop hateful remarks directed at professional footballers on social media, even if we can get rid of the racism and homophobia.

and had one of their players been subjected to that crap the Mancs would have defended their player-of colour.
It shows just how deeply hypocrisy is ingrained in society.

EG,Liverpool players have been racially abused by yernited and "fans" respond with similiar -when the occasion arises.

We can make as many public shows as we like but until mind sets are changed,society wont. Right now,racism is lying dormant in many and social media is the main outlet.

IMO,mankind is inherently wired to racism in one form or another and we have to fight the urge to discriminate. We can address this issue by being honest,as a society,and we are not.

I am reading a book about Islam right now and the hatred between the adherents which is basically how Mohammed's teaching were to be continued. We are talking genocide over whether a cousin or father in law is the next leader of a religion.

Without doubt,Religion is the greatest curse we face as it underpins everything

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 13:45 - Feb 13 with 726 viewsHighjack

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 12:49 - Feb 13 by Catullus

Yeah they totally ignored the point you were making and tried to turn it against you.

It’s what they do. Every time.

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 14:05 - Feb 13 with 709 viewsNeath_Jack

No they didn't, they fell into the trap that he set. He'd lay a little bit of bait, then he uses their replies for ever and a day, like some sort of victim, He's always done it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Dhanda Racist Abuse on 14:13 - Feb 13 with 703 viewsDr_Parnassus

I was called one for having a factual discussion about abortion.

It’s a hobby to some, it really is.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024