Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the ageing Punks on here... 13:09 - Jan 4 with 3754 viewsLohengrin

Terrible bloody racket but some of you seem to like it...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 18:27 - Jan 4 with 801 viewsCatullus

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 17:11 - Jan 4 by KeithHaynes

As good today LIVE as ever.

What is the "Price of admission" then?

I had, for years, a Boomtown Rats CD in the car. "The fine art of surfacing" but tehn I changed the car and left it in the CD player.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 18:55 - Jan 4 with 793 viewsFieryJack

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 17:14 - Jan 4 by KeithHaynes

Tyrone Thomas the guitarist in ATV is from Crundale, Haverfordwest, my cousin. Swans fan.
Was in the band for first three singles etc, now back with them.

I was at the Venom gig at st Philips way back, local punk oi band. That was mental too. Got some photos somewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Strange coincidence that your cousin was in the band.

My best mate from school, Steve Cannell, also ended up in Alternative TV for a stint as their bass player in the mid 80s, probably after Tyrone Thomas had left.

Bought their first 3 or 4 singles.
One for the ageing Punks on here... on 19:42 - Jan 4 with 769 viewsHighjack

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 17:10 - Jan 4 by KeithHaynes

I hated crass, but looking back i see their value in the uk music scene. I love conflict. I was at this gig, it was mad. People do go on about three chords and punk rock, mostly untrue, the pistols as an example were heralded as cant play. Then in recent years the worlds top musicians have reviewed it and stated they were well beyond their time. I think that was on one of those famous albums breakdowns you can still find on certain channels. Steve Jones the guitarist is revered as one of the worlds best rock guitarists.

Dont forget these bands were kids moistly, DIY ethic, and the music scene was either petrified of them or just tried to ignore them. It didnt work. The stamp the music alone left on the world scene was massive.

HighJack, punks from all over the world converge on The Rebellion festival UK each year, aged 14 to 75, thousands of punters. Its a cracking four days.

I often imagine if I had been around at the time I probably would have got into the spirit of it, despite the fact most of the music is objectively shite. Plus the pogo is probably the only dance in history I am capable of.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 09:23 - Jan 5 with 722 viewsKeithHaynes

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 19:42 - Jan 4 by Highjack

I often imagine if I had been around at the time I probably would have got into the spirit of it, despite the fact most of the music is objectively shite. Plus the pogo is probably the only dance in history I am capable of.

The music was the best thing about it, diverse from crass to the banshees from buzzcocks to exploited. It was an amazing time, and bar 2020, it still is 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 11:30 - Jan 5 with 701 viewsProfessor

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 09:23 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

The music was the best thing about it, diverse from crass to the banshees from buzzcocks to exploited. It was an amazing time, and bar 2020, it still is 👍

Some of the best pop tunes ever. Sex Pistols and The Clash are just noisier rock 'n roll. Pure pop of the Buzzcocks and Undertones, to the angularity of The Fall and darkness of the Banshees and Joy Division.

My favourite is this gem:

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 14:05 - Jan 5 with 682 viewsonehunglow

One for the ageing Punks on here... on 11:30 - Jan 5 by Professor

Some of the best pop tunes ever. Sex Pistols and The Clash are just noisier rock 'n roll. Pure pop of the Buzzcocks and Undertones, to the angularity of The Fall and darkness of the Banshees and Joy Division.

My favourite is this gem:

Chaq'un a son gout ,eh.

Ever fallen in love with was done on a BBC Drama last night in a more plaintive mode and sounded very good.

Punk did save popular music late 70 as it was going too bland.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024