Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 13816 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

“Stay Alert” on 19:51 - May 11 with 1091 viewsSadoldgit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/10/smart-suit-brushed-hair-it-was-
“Stay Alert” on 20:09 - May 11 with 1067 viewsJaySaint

Published at 1915...

Almost as if it was pre-written..

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

“Stay Alert” on 20:59 - May 11 with 1028 viewsDorsetIan

“Stay Alert” on 20:09 - May 11 by JaySaint

Published at 1915...

"First published on Sun 10 May 2020 22.03 BST"

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

“Stay Alert” on 17:49 - May 12 with 965 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 18:29 - May 12 with 954 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 20:34 - May 12 with 907 viewsBillyBrag

“Stay Alert” on 18:29 - May 12 by kentsouthampton

2 weeks ago, Sturgeon (and co) were demanded to know an idea of exit from lockdown.
now they have one, it is all too soon and too confusing!!!

like anyone believes them

Look at this headline doing the rounds at the moment - Nicola Sturgeon defends 'appropriate' decision not to tell Scots about Covid-19 outbreak in Edinburgh

How on earth is she getting away with that (the outbreak was in Feb), given the level of scrutiny at play?
[Post edited 12 May 2020 20:44]
“Stay Alert” on 20:51 - May 12 with 891 viewssaint68

“Stay Alert” on 20:34 - May 12 by BillyBrag

2 weeks ago, Sturgeon (and co) were demanded to know an idea of exit from lockdown.
now they have one, it is all too soon and too confusing!!!

like anyone believes them

Look at this headline doing the rounds at the moment - Nicola Sturgeon defends 'appropriate' decision not to tell Scots about Covid-19 outbreak in Edinburgh

How on earth is she getting away with that (the outbreak was in Feb), given the level of scrutiny at play?
[Post edited 12 May 2020 20:44]

Wee Krankie can sit on the fence for a week or so and see which side the shit falls .hopefully it lands squarely in her lap.... truly odious creation.

Cant wait for her and her merry band of followers to gain their independence and disappear from our screens

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

“Stay Alert” on 21:49 - May 12 with 869 viewsJaySaint

I see in Wales, they are differing from the Nasty, Clueless Tory party by keeping the 'stay at home advice.

That is of course unless you want to visit the Golf course...you are fine to stay at home with a quick round on the back 9

Politics at it finest!

Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 22:41 - May 12 with 848 viewsJaySaint

I see the SNP are also differing from the confused Boris and keeping the stay at home message....whilst relaxing the rules on actually staying at home..

Politics at its finest
[Post edited 12 May 2020 22:43]

“Stay Alert” on 22:42 - May 12 with 843 viewsJaySaint

I see the WHO have sent out the message across the world.. that message is... Wait for it... "Remain vigilant"..

It is almost like, "stay alert"

How confusing

“Stay Alert” on 08:32 - May 13 with 796 viewsBoris_

Oh would you believe it, the Teachers Union are telling their staff not to even engage with planning and trying to find a safe way of working so they can go back to work.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11606935/union-boss-teachers-return-school/

That was predictable.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 08:58 - May 13 with 779 viewsHeisenberg

“Stay Alert” on 20:09 - May 11 by JaySaint

Published at 1915...

Do yourself a favour in the next few weeks and learn to tell the time. I sometimes wonder

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

“Stay Alert” on 09:44 - May 13 with 759 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 08:32 - May 13 by Boris_

Oh would you believe it, the Teachers Union are telling their staff not to even engage with planning and trying to find a safe way of working so they can go back to work.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11606935/union-boss-teachers-return-school/

That was predictable.

It is the union’s job to look after the safety and well being of their members. Given this is the biggest threat to their safety and well being in their lifetime, what did you seriously expect? You seem to be the only person who thinks that the children are not at risk, let alone the teachers. The obvious thing to do would have been to sit down and discuss the way back with the unions and get some kind of consensus, not just tell them what is going to happen. No doubt you have seen the many concerns on social media from teachers about how this plan is supposed to work. Another shambles from the government. You are willing to play fast and loose with peoples lives, fortunately it is not your call. Try and see it from the point of view of those who are in the firing line for a change.
“Stay Alert” on 09:46 - May 13 with 755 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 09:44 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

It is the union’s job to look after the safety and well being of their members. Given this is the biggest threat to their safety and well being in their lifetime, what did you seriously expect? You seem to be the only person who thinks that the children are not at risk, let alone the teachers. The obvious thing to do would have been to sit down and discuss the way back with the unions and get some kind of consensus, not just tell them what is going to happen. No doubt you have seen the many concerns on social media from teachers about how this plan is supposed to work. Another shambles from the government. You are willing to play fast and loose with peoples lives, fortunately it is not your call. Try and see it from the point of view of those who are in the firing line for a change.

Have you read the article? They are telling schools not to even engage in any discussions about how to make their schools safe?

As for being in the firing line, Karen on the tills at Tesco is far more in the firing line than a Primary School teacher.

“Stay Alert” on 11:14 - May 13 with 735 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 09:46 - May 13 by Boris_

Have you read the article? They are telling schools not to even engage in any discussions about how to make their schools safe?

As for being in the firing line, Karen on the tills at Tesco is far more in the firing line than a Primary School teacher.

It isn’t a competition and they are both in the firing line. Isn’t it the union’s job to negotiate with the government re conditions about reopening schools, not individuals? You are very good at playing fast and loose with other people’s health. Perhaps leave it to those whose job it is? How would you feel if a teacher told you how to run your business?
“Stay Alert” on 12:27 - May 13 with 716 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 09:46 - May 13 by Boris_

Remember that sometimes the teachers don't always agree with the unions. However, the problem is this - The government is asking primary schools to ensure that the children socially distance. With this instruction, how do you ensure that 5 - 11 year olds stay 2 metres apart from each other all day? 5 year olds learn by play, role play, moving about the classroom and they often can't yet read. How can you tell a 5 year old to sit at their own desk all day long and not to move? How do you have classes of 15 children, in schools that only have enough Classrooms for the usual 30? This is the other instruction from the government - that classes should be no more than 15.

There are not enough Classrooms in many primary schools to split each class in half to ensure social distancing. So does the Head allow children not to social distance against the instruction of the government in order to fit them all in the class? Does the Head instruct some children not to come in once they reach 15 in the class? They are instructing schools to split corridors that are only 1m wide too.

Are these questions not valid? That the instructions given by the government to keep safe are not possible?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

“Stay Alert” on 12:36 - May 13 with 707 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 12:27 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

Remember that sometimes the teachers don't always agree with the unions. However, the problem is this - The government is asking primary schools to ensure that the children socially distance. With this instruction, how do you ensure that 5 - 11 year olds stay 2 metres apart from each other all day? 5 year olds learn by play, role play, moving about the classroom and they often can't yet read. How can you tell a 5 year old to sit at their own desk all day long and not to move? How do you have classes of 15 children, in schools that only have enough Classrooms for the usual 30? This is the other instruction from the government - that classes should be no more than 15.

There are not enough Classrooms in many primary schools to split each class in half to ensure social distancing. So does the Head allow children not to social distance against the instruction of the government in order to fit them all in the class? Does the Head instruct some children not to come in once they reach 15 in the class? They are instructing schools to split corridors that are only 1m wide too.

Are these questions not valid? That the instructions given by the government to keep safe are not possible?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:32]

The Unions are instructing all teachers to sit on their hands and not engage whatsover with safety planning.

Fair enough asking for more time but actively telling teachers to do absolutely nothing?

On BBC Breakfast they showed examples of French Primary Schools who seem to be doing it well.

“Stay Alert” on 12:49 - May 13 with 694 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 12:36 - May 13 by Boris_

The Unions are instructing all teachers to sit on their hands and not engage whatsover with safety planning.

Fair enough asking for more time but actively telling teachers to do absolutely nothing?

On BBC Breakfast they showed examples of French Primary Schools who seem to be doing it well.

I have close family members who are teachers. The unions are instructing teachers not to go in, but to continue to work from home - until the relevant questions have been answered.

My close family members are working this minute, doing lessons on zoom to students. So teachers are still working but at home. Unions have instructed members not to go in until the questions have been answered. The thing is, a teacher can't go in and not know what to do, like how to ensure 5 year olds don't mix or how to get 15 students into classrooms that don't exist.

So the unions can be militant and the teachers don't always agree with them, but in this case what are schools and teachers meant to do? You can't have classes of 15 and you can't ask 5 year olds to socially distance.

They are therefore telling teachers to "sit on their hands" and wait for.l instructions that are doable.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:51]

“Stay Alert” on 13:26 - May 13 with 673 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 12:49 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

I have close family members who are teachers. The unions are instructing teachers not to go in, but to continue to work from home - until the relevant questions have been answered.

My close family members are working this minute, doing lessons on zoom to students. So teachers are still working but at home. Unions have instructed members not to go in until the questions have been answered. The thing is, a teacher can't go in and not know what to do, like how to ensure 5 year olds don't mix or how to get 15 students into classrooms that don't exist.

So the unions can be militant and the teachers don't always agree with them, but in this case what are schools and teachers meant to do? You can't have classes of 15 and you can't ask 5 year olds to socially distance.

They are therefore telling teachers to "sit on their hands" and wait for.l instructions that are doable.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 12:51]

Only four year groups are going in so they can use the rooms left by Years 2-5. Assuming an average of 30 per class, you have exactly 15 spread across each room. The survey in the article suggests only half will be sent in which eases the problem further. Each school will be different but that is why teachers need to go in and assist with assessing and planning for it. If it isn't workable within the guidelines, refer back up the chain. There will be plenty of schools where this is completely feasible- should they sit back and wait? Are they expecting the PM to personally come round and draw lines on the floor for them?

Schools are already open for children of key workers and I know of no outbreaks as a result. Why is it now a problem?

I agree with young children not being able to distance themselves from others. However, just before the lockdown schools were using staggered lunchtimes and start and end of the day and had good handwashing regimes so this is all already tried and tested.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 13:39 - May 13 with 666 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

“Stay Alert” on 13:26 - May 13 by TheMoog

Only four year groups are going in so they can use the rooms left by Years 2-5. Assuming an average of 30 per class, you have exactly 15 spread across each room. The survey in the article suggests only half will be sent in which eases the problem further. Each school will be different but that is why teachers need to go in and assist with assessing and planning for it. If it isn't workable within the guidelines, refer back up the chain. There will be plenty of schools where this is completely feasible- should they sit back and wait? Are they expecting the PM to personally come round and draw lines on the floor for them?

Schools are already open for children of key workers and I know of no outbreaks as a result. Why is it now a problem?

I agree with young children not being able to distance themselves from others. However, just before the lockdown schools were using staggered lunchtimes and start and end of the day and had good handwashing regimes so this is all already tried and tested.

This is not the case for infant schools with year R, 1 and 2. They'll have to set up cabins ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

“Stay Alert” on 13:48 - May 13 with 662 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 13:39 - May 13 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This is not the case for infant schools with year R, 1 and 2. They'll have to set up cabins ...

We’re a small primary school. We can’t fit them in to correspond with current guidelines.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

“Stay Alert” on 13:58 - May 13 with 655 viewsBoris_

Personally, I think it should be up to parents to decide if it's safe enough to send their children to school, not their teachers.

If my children were still of Primary School age, I would certainly be sending them back to school at the earliest opportunity for the good of their Mental and Social health, as well as their education.

It should be up to parents though and on the condition they home school them for 6 hours a day ( don't know a single parent that currently does this ) then parents should be allowed to keep their children at home.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:58]

“Stay Alert” on 13:58 - May 13 with 654 viewsTheMoog

Three year groups so let's say 90 kids. Only R & 1 are asked to go in. Only 50% choose to do so (as per the survey). That's 10 in each room.

My point is that teachers should actively assess this rather than just scream that it is all too difficult. My daughter's school have sent an email round asking who is prepared to send their kids in so they can see what can be done. Much more commendable than unions issuing a view that nothing can be.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 14:39 - May 13 with 635 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 13:58 - May 13 by Boris_

Personally, I think it should be up to parents to decide if it's safe enough to send their children to school, not their teachers.

If my children were still of Primary School age, I would certainly be sending them back to school at the earliest opportunity for the good of their Mental and Social health, as well as their education.

It should be up to parents though and on the condition they home school them for 6 hours a day ( don't know a single parent that currently does this ) then parents should be allowed to keep their children at home.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:58]

The parents get to do their own risk assessment and get to decide if teachers should risk their lives or not? The teacher’s unions in consultation with the governing bodies are the only people who should be making this call. There is no reason why these people can’t sit down and work out when and how schools return. Just formulating a plan without the input of those responsible for carrying it out is a recipe for disaster.
“Stay Alert” on 14:40 - May 13 with 635 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 13:58 - May 13 by TheMoog

Three year groups so let's say 90 kids. Only R & 1 are asked to go in. Only 50% choose to do so (as per the survey). That's 10 in each room.

My point is that teachers should actively assess this rather than just scream that it is all too difficult. My daughter's school have sent an email round asking who is prepared to send their kids in so they can see what can be done. Much more commendable than unions issuing a view that nothing can be.

There are probably many teachers who would be happy to just go back to normal perhaps. But the government is saying it is not safe to do so, and schools must therefore follow instructions I. E social distancing and 15 to a class. This 15 to a class rule, is to continue being followed when ALL year groups return before the Summer. It is not possible.

You would need double the staff and double the classrooms, when all year groups return if every class is split. Even with 15 young children, you can't keep them apart and also away from the teacher.

There are just so many "questions unanswered" and this is the problem. The teachers I know are more than happy to engage with anyone, the head, unions, parents but the government has given its instructions. Everyone should engage and discuss solutions but what is the answer? Place extra cabins at each school? Set single desks for 5 year olds?

Personally I think you get in say one year group one day a week and alternate. Every student then gets at least some time in school. Enough Classrooms for social distancing and enough staff. Would that not be a solution? The thing is the government have set their instructions and now schools are trying to work out how to carry out these out.

But it's all one big nightmare isn't it. From football to schools to the economy. Very difficult for any government to deal with and anyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024