Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Academy stays for now 13:08 - Feb 7 with 6540 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/update-chairman-2

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Academy stays for now on 23:57 - Feb 7 with 1326 viewslonglostjack

The Academy stays for now on 17:39 - Feb 7 by Blue_Blood

I get the challenges you are facing reducing costs etc, but now you have it from the horses mouth how much it's costing you and £3 million is a no brainer for an academy producing the returns you are.

I think it's inevitable that Rodon will go this summer but looking at the size of the clubs showing interest in him, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a good return on him. So once again the investment is justified.

The stumbling block for you at present is the fact the first team and the academy are on different sites.

If you can get a good return on selling the site it would be wise to invest on one big site nearer the m4 corridor.

Why on earth do you give a toss?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Academy stays for now on 00:03 - Feb 8 with 1315 viewsTNT

The Academy stays for now on 23:57 - Feb 7 by longlostjack

It's one poster with multiple usernames, mate. He's clearly obsessed with us. He has said he has relatives who watch us at The Liberty, his mother is from Llanelli, father Bridgend. He tried to be a closet Jack, but was found out. He knows more about us than I would ever want to know about The Scum.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Academy stays for now on 00:44 - Feb 8 with 1290 viewsdobjack2

The Academy stays for now on 19:35 - Feb 7 by Kilkennyjack

Go on then ....

Who will buy Landore and for how much ?
And of course any buyer will only pay the absolute minimum as they know Swans are in the shite.

Meanwhile we are stuck with rental money out the door every year at Fairwood.

Trev has picked his words very deliberately ....

Anyone that comes in with a bid will have it. Assets off stocks running costs reduced.

Keep up at the back.
The Academy stays for now on 01:17 - Feb 8 with 1279 viewsBytholWyn

Why does that matter? His posts are thoughtful and intelligent. Which is more than can be said of many a diehard Swansea fan on here.
The Academy stays for now on 01:21 - Feb 8 with 1272 viewsDJack

Look at his/her posting history...has a passion for youth football/development.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Academy stays for now on 03:05 - Feb 8 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

The Academy stays for now on 00:44 - Feb 8 by dobjack2

Anyone that comes in with a bid will have it. Assets off stocks running costs reduced.

Keep up at the back.

Still wrong though, Landore stays.....

Not sure you answered the exam question though, who do you think is buying Landore ?

Beware of the Risen People

The Academy stays for now on 07:29 - Feb 8 with 1229 viewsdameedna

For me its the memories of the players, the income generated including employment and the success on the pitch that counts. Building the East Stand at the Vetch was a mistake. Should have been put towards buying a few players in the second year of the First Div. The real estate associated with football can be a burden. That's why Stadco exist.

Would be good to see both facilities retained though it is has clearly been a problem to develop a proper unit close to the ground. As such, it makes sense to locate the facilities at a separate location, unless we want to end up with what may be considered inadequate facilities.

The academy could well be a lifeblood and now that it is here I would fight to retain it , even if it means losing high wage players to keep it going. Leasing is fine as long as the terms are right.
The Academy stays for now on 09:01 - Feb 8 with 1182 viewsdobjack2

The Academy stays for now on 03:05 - Feb 8 by Kilkennyjack

Not sure you answered the exam question though, who do you think is buying Landore ?

If there is a buyer out there for the Landore site it is likely that it will be the one to go.

I’m not part of the conspiracy theories so have no idea who might buy the site, however the freehold site where the first team facilities are not based is the logical one of the two sites to try and offload.

We can argue our opinions until the cows come home, but will have to wait and see how this all pans out assuming we don’t get promoted before a decision is made.
Login to get fewer ads

The Academy stays for now on 09:18 - Feb 8 with 1172 viewsblackswan

The Academy stays for now on 03:05 - Feb 8 by Kilkennyjack

Angel Rangel
The Academy stays for now on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 1161 viewsDr_Winston

The Academy stays for now on 19:03 - Feb 7 by Landore_Jack

One thing I never understood was why didn't they build one site that accommodated first team facilities and the training academy instead of two separate sites.

Because then Jaxx Landing would only have had one juicy construction contract instead of two.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Academy stays for now on 09:49 - Feb 8 with 1147 viewsglanmORJa_k

The Academy stays for now on 09:31 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

Because then Jaxx Landing would only have had one juicy construction contract instead of two.

Jaxbay had no chance of getting the contract at the Fairwood site because the University would be obliged to go through competitive tendering and as such I believe Weavers had the contract.
The Academy stays for now on 10:02 - Feb 8 with 1136 viewsNeath_Jack

The Academy stays for now on 22:05 - Feb 7 by Swanseajill

It's a sad situation if either of these assets are sold. Bringing in local talent is the aim for every football club in the UK.

And how many years have we yearned for a decent training venue for our squad?

During the first division, my main wish was for something to show for reaching the top, here we are with all these years in the Prem, and we had something concrete to show for our efforts, A brand new training ground, an academy for bringing in young players and for introducing local talent.

It makes me sad other than pleased we may end up with little to show for the glory years in the Prem.

Don't be upset for what is lost, be grateful for what we experienced.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Academy stays for now on 10:24 - Feb 8 with 1125 viewsBadlands

The Academy stays for now on 10:02 - Feb 8 by Neath_Jack

Don't be upset for what is lost, be grateful for what we experienced.

Many people are commenting on the future of our academy; a good way to show approval of academy status would be to go to some of they games Under 18 and under 23s in particular.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Academy stays for now on 14:26 - Feb 11 with 995 views34dfgdf54

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51459576

all the more important now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024