Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cellina 22:16 - Dec 22 with 6570 viewsLandore_Jack

Should have been in the starting lineup.

#backtojack

Cellina on 21:19 - Dec 24 with 1251 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 19:17 - Dec 24 by valleyboy

Sorry

Mixed him up with Carter-Vickers

I thought so, but thought you'd been on the sherry.

Merry Christmasto you & the family. Get back down the Liberty fella .
Cellina on 22:51 - Dec 24 with 1210 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 20:41 - Dec 24 by jasper_T

That sentence you've put in quotation marks isn't what I said.

As you can see in the quote, I said "Still a game of football. 22 players, 90 minutes." in response to your claim that "Playing in the Championship is a whole different scenario to playing in “Landore” and for the u23s". It's a step up, there are differences, but Potter didn't have just 5 minutes and one touch of football to judge CBR's worth when he gave him his second chance. He's seen him play football before.

A player's performance in U23s fixtures is a significant indication of what they might do in a more competitive, higher level game of football (22 players, 90 minutes plus stoppage time). Strengths and weaknesses are known, the questions are over how well those will translate to tougher circumstances. DJ and Rodon are playing exactly how they did at U23s level. Byers has found it tougher. None of them are pulling rabonas out of thin air. 90% of the puzzle was filled in.

You consistently misread my posts to conjure up the most extreme opinions, just so you can disagree with these imaginings and act like I'm some sort of loon (who hates Graham Potter). It very strange. Have you done a media degree by chance? Journalists do this sort of thing all the time.

90% of the puzzle. No chance.

Completely different ball game, the u23s is pondlife in comparison to first team level. No crowd, no media coverage, little no to pressure, it’s glorified friendlies. CBR was given a second chance because Potter needed an option up front, didn’t get to see what he was like against Millwall due to red card so he tried again suspension was up. As it stands, it seems he doesn’t really fancy him and will look elsewhere before playing him. This may change if Bony does have a clause where he gets automatic extension, but I think he’ll be looking elsewhere in January if possible.
Cellina on 22:59 - Dec 24 with 1208 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 22:51 - Dec 24 by 34dfgdf54

90% of the puzzle. No chance.

Completely different ball game, the u23s is pondlife in comparison to first team level. No crowd, no media coverage, little no to pressure, it’s glorified friendlies. CBR was given a second chance because Potter needed an option up front, didn’t get to see what he was like against Millwall due to red card so he tried again suspension was up. As it stands, it seems he doesn’t really fancy him and will look elsewhere before playing him. This may change if Bony does have a clause where he gets automatic extension, but I think he’ll be looking elsewhere in January if possible.

Rugby's a completely different ball game. U23s to Championship is a dozen game adaptation period, if that.

Dan James and Joe Rodon hit the ground running, Byers did okay, CBR scored a goal, Harries didn't do badly against Villa. Brandon Cooper who'd played a handful of times above u18s level did a magnificent job against a £9m PL striker in the cup... How much of the "pondlife" has looked out of place stepping up for us this season? How poor can development football be for preparing young players for the Championship based on the evidence you've seen on the pitch this season?

Is it all luck? Potter making miracles happen?
Cellina on 23:10 - Dec 24 with 1205 viewsChief

I always saw CBR as a bit of a joke (how can a guy go from Leamington Spa where he didn't pull up trees to Prem/Championship!?), the Millwall red card didn't change my view although Potter should shoulder some of the blame there. Potter then chucked him back in as soon as his ban was up&in fairness the guy scored (missed a few too) and then he's dropped and barely seen again, sometimes not even in the squad, meaning we have no forward on the bench. Strange all round.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cellina on 23:17 - Dec 24 with 1197 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 23:10 - Dec 24 by Chief

I always saw CBR as a bit of a joke (how can a guy go from Leamington Spa where he didn't pull up trees to Prem/Championship!?), the Millwall red card didn't change my view although Potter should shoulder some of the blame there. Potter then chucked him back in as soon as his ban was up&in fairness the guy scored (missed a few too) and then he's dropped and barely seen again, sometimes not even in the squad, meaning we have no forward on the bench. Strange all round.

I think Asoro's been on the bench recently, hasn't he? Paid £2m for him based on his performances as a centre forward (in the Championship and PL2).

He was a Coventry academy boy who had to drop way down when they released him. We've had a few big names here in the past with a similar career path.

Not that I think he'll go on to much. Called him Carthorse Baker-Richardson a few times last season. Did a job as a physical presence up top but didn't possess the ability to score goals or bring others into play like Ollie did. Botti Biabi was preferred to him after returning from loan for good reason.
Cellina on 23:19 - Dec 24 with 1191 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 22:59 - Dec 24 by jasper_T

Rugby's a completely different ball game. U23s to Championship is a dozen game adaptation period, if that.

Dan James and Joe Rodon hit the ground running, Byers did okay, CBR scored a goal, Harries didn't do badly against Villa. Brandon Cooper who'd played a handful of times above u18s level did a magnificent job against a £9m PL striker in the cup... How much of the "pondlife" has looked out of place stepping up for us this season? How poor can development football be for preparing young players for the Championship based on the evidence you've seen on the pitch this season?

Is it all luck? Potter making miracles happen?

Ah, there you are twisting words, got a degree?

All of the players we have promoted to first team have done well, never said otherwise, Toshack etc deserve big praise, as does Potter as the likes of Rodon and James have struggled while out on loan, they found the jump to professional football difficult, as did Roberts at Championship level when out at Boro, but he was promoted to first team before Potter got here.

You’re on about evidence, we are failing according to you? Anything lower than play offs can’t be classed as a success? Obviously that’s a ludicrous statement to make and is not realistic at all, but that’s what you have said. Must be just Potter.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 23:21]
Cellina on 00:05 - Dec 25 with 1168 viewsjasper_T

Cellina on 23:19 - Dec 24 by 34dfgdf54

Ah, there you are twisting words, got a degree?

All of the players we have promoted to first team have done well, never said otherwise, Toshack etc deserve big praise, as does Potter as the likes of Rodon and James have struggled while out on loan, they found the jump to professional football difficult, as did Roberts at Championship level when out at Boro, but he was promoted to first team before Potter got here.

You’re on about evidence, we are failing according to you? Anything lower than play offs can’t be classed as a success? Obviously that’s a ludicrous statement to make and is not realistic at all, but that’s what you have said. Must be just Potter.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 23:21]

Which words have I twisted? "Completely different ball game" or "the u23s is pondlife in comparison to first team level"?

We've failed quite a bit this season. Some bad results, poor capitulations. Nothing wrong with admitting that. Potter does. Everyone has to improve and be better than they have been, according to him.

Bottom half would be a failure. Playoffs would be a success. In between (depending on the manner of it and whether we're still in contention in Apr/May) would be a so-so season, an experience to learn real lessons from. We've played every team in this division now and I see no reason why we can't be right in the mix. I expect us to be.
Cellina on 10:25 - Dec 25 with 1107 views34dfgdf54

Cellina on 00:05 - Dec 25 by jasper_T

Which words have I twisted? "Completely different ball game" or "the u23s is pondlife in comparison to first team level"?

We've failed quite a bit this season. Some bad results, poor capitulations. Nothing wrong with admitting that. Potter does. Everyone has to improve and be better than they have been, according to him.

Bottom half would be a failure. Playoffs would be a success. In between (depending on the manner of it and whether we're still in contention in Apr/May) would be a so-so season, an experience to learn real lessons from. We've played every team in this division now and I see no reason why we can't be right in the mix. I expect us to be.

Ok mate.

Merry Christmas to you anyway, and all of the other posters on here. See you all Boxing Day!
Login to get fewer ads

Cellina on 19:38 - Dec 25 with 1036 viewsOldjack

Just like the whole team Celilina is hot and cold .Last sat was a prime example of that yet again

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cellina on 22:30 - Dec 25 with 993 viewsdameedna

Best served hot
Cellina on 10:53 - Dec 26 with 935 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 19:38 - Dec 25 by Oldjack

Just like the whole team Celilina is hot and cold .Last sat was a prime example of that yet again

I think that’s the best way to sum him up

Brynmill take note
Cellina on 14:46 - Dec 26 with 901 viewsGaz_M

Jasper yet again rinsing a member spouting utter nonsense. Good stuff.
Cellina on 16:19 - Dec 26 with 870 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cellina on 10:53 - Dec 26 by valleyboy

I think that’s the best way to sum him up

Brynmill take note

"That's two of them who are utterly clueless". Duly noted.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cellina on 16:33 - Dec 26 with 860 viewsvalleyboy

Cellina on 16:19 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

"That's two of them who are utterly clueless". Duly noted.

Is he playing in today’s game, as if he is , he hasn’t done much

As someone has already said “he’s hot and cold”

So far he’s as cold as water you get out of front door of a fridge

Yes he has 15 minutes to prove me wrong
Cellina on 18:08 - Dec 26 with 813 viewsTailGunner

Cellina on 16:33 - Dec 26 by valleyboy

Is he playing in today’s game, as if he is , he hasn’t done much

As someone has already said “he’s hot and cold”

So far he’s as cold as water you get out of front door of a fridge

Yes he has 15 minutes to prove me wrong

You take note.
Carter Vickers had a really good game.
Fer cost us that, plus the selfish pile of waste that is Bony.
Cellina on 18:37 - Dec 26 with 786 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cellina on 18:08 - Dec 26 by TailGunner

You take note.
Carter Vickers had a really good game.
Fer cost us that, plus the selfish pile of waste that is Bony.

The ignore feature is really enhancing my experience on here. So fed up of f*cking trolls.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024