Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column 11:12 - Jul 27 with 9770 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48305
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 17:55 - Jul 27 with 2387 viewsWrightUp5hit___

and how many of those breached FFP rules to achieve Premier League status?

We know Leicester were fined £7.1M
We know Bournemouth were fined £3.7M

but the others?

Then what about those that outwardly look likely to have taken a "5hit or bust" approach Forest and Birmingham for example what is the real circumstance? What of Newcastle?
what about Villa?

Yup we screwed up big time, but our outcome seems hugely disproportionate to other cases and it's the EFL lack of absolute clarity that underlines the oft held view that the EFL's.... esteemed... Chief Executive Shaun Harvey truly is a thunderkant.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 17:56]
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 2377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 16:22 - Jul 27 by Northernr

The accounts released over the past two years included the two biggest parachute payments, money for Austin, money for Phillips and £10m for Sterling.

Could we start a swear jar?

Sorry, could we start a fuggin' swear jar?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 18:36 - Jul 27 with 2324 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 17:29 - Jul 27 by DejR_vu

I think we'll be lucky if it's only 20 years. Sorry, I appreciate this is really negative but, to compete, even in this division, we need Premier League money / parachute payments. If not, we have to be smarter, better run than everyone else, with less money than everyone else (higher stadium costs/lower attendances etc.), basically look to get promoted with one of the smallest budgets in the division. To date, this board has got just about everything they possibly could, very badly wrong. I just can't see how we're going to turn from a circus into one of the best run clubs in the country.

Just off the top of my head - Burnley, Huddersfield and Fulham all promoted without parachute payments - there have been many others.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 19:20 - Jul 27 with 2279 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive excellent article...as you highlighted a new business operating model going forward as demonstrated by Burnley Huddersfield Bristol City can I add Brentford as well is the way forward if we can survive in the division stabilise sensible purchases grow the youngsters and who knows what the future holds. Personally I would forget the prem league for the foreseeable future.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 20:23 - Jul 27 with 2210 viewsNZR

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 16:26 - Jul 27 by loftinspace

This outcome was accurately predicted yesterday in a thread on here, based on publically available information.

Anyone know why it was removed? Is censorship a thing on here?

The information provided was an official media release that was leaked early (letter was dated 27/07 and released 2 days prior). If the FFP had got wind of it, the club could've faced serious punishment - they privately contacted members of various forums and asked for it to be removed.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 2188 viewsNZR

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 15:42 - Jul 27 by davman

The "churn" has always been there. It is only the top 7 that have maintained their Premier League Status since Sky's Horror Show started in 1992. Every other club is in flux.

I had a long conversation with a Baggie on the way to the Charlie Austin show at LR a few years back and he was banging on about them being an "Established Premier League club". I told him to wake up and smell the coffee - one bad season is all it takes to destroy a club like that. If they don't go back up in the next two seasons, I predict that they are well and truly fooked.

They are all the same.

The best thing we can all do once we get promoted is to invest the money off the pitch, get the academy going, improve the stadium for non-football revenues and invest that obscene money in our future. There is no point trying to compete long term - you may do it once in a while, but you won't sustain it.

West Ham paying £100,000 a week for an injury prone player - what could possibly go wrong?

The issue you have with focusing on an academy to develop players is (as we've seen with Josh Bowler in recent times) that larger Premier League clubs will swoop in and take your best young players - often getting away with paying a minimal fee (if they're younger than 18 iirc).

Clubs like Brentford had these issues and actually ended up closing their academy recently in favour of picking up and developing young Premier League outcasts. Thus far it has shown to be a profitable model for them and they finished in the top 10 last season.

There was a really good article/video about it a few years back -I can't find, but here's a couple of links:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/11109989/brentford-an-exemplar-of-c
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 21:27 - Jul 27 with 2141 viewsdavman

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 20:43 - Jul 27 by NZR

The issue you have with focusing on an academy to develop players is (as we've seen with Josh Bowler in recent times) that larger Premier League clubs will swoop in and take your best young players - often getting away with paying a minimal fee (if they're younger than 18 iirc).

Clubs like Brentford had these issues and actually ended up closing their academy recently in favour of picking up and developing young Premier League outcasts. Thus far it has shown to be a profitable model for them and they finished in the top 10 last season.

There was a really good article/video about it a few years back -I can't find, but here's a couple of links:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/11109989/brentford-an-exemplar-of-c

How about focussing on this article, which is a little close to home???

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48272/the-greater-

It really is amazing how the little clubs just roll over to the big 'uns, a'int it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 22:50 - Jul 27 with 2046 viewsdaveB

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 13:06 - Jul 27 by danehoop

No. We were found guilty of breaching FFP. All that happened with the loans/equity issue. Was that the League disagreed with this being a mitigating solution to breaching FFP.

The breach was due to the club losing 90 million that season but writing 80 million off so that we passed the old rules. The 80 million was written off by the owners but was deemed to still count as losses which is what we were fined for
Login to get fewer ads

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 23:52 - Jul 27 with 1989 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bottom line:

I’d rather be a poor club well run than rich club badly run.

Glad to draw a line under this fcking mess which has lasted nearly a decade.

Viva la QPR.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 00:34 - Jul 28 with 1964 viewsPunteR

I hate football at the moment.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 00:35 - Jul 28 with 1963 viewsPunteR

Not a TF fan either

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 06:31 - Jul 28 with 1871 viewsjonno

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 14:08 - Jul 27 by davman

It puts things back in to perspective though. We are not, and never have been a massive club. We have done spectacularly well at some points, such as staying in the top flight from 1983 through to 1995, but on the size of our club and its fan base, we finished around about in the right place last season.

Even before the big money and still to some degree we are paying higher wages than other clubs similar in size to us and I'm afraid, even with our ridiculously wealthy owners, we still need to cut back.

It's going to need a miracle to get us up there again, but as long as there is a club left and as long as we are full of respectably paid players who give a toss, we have to be happy.

FFP simply stops anyone from breaking into the elite. It is wrong and its nuts that anyone outside the top 6 voted for it. Anyone should be permitted to spend whatever they want on a business or a football club as long as they are unable to claim that money they spend is a loan to the club that has to be paid back. If our owners want to go out and make cash purchases on players and put the funds to cover the price of that contract in the club's coffers, what's the problem?

Exactly. FFP is a protectionist racket to keep the big clubs big and the smaller clubs in their place.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 07:53 - Jul 28 with 1831 viewsBlue_Castello

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 17:29 - Jul 27 by DejR_vu

I think we'll be lucky if it's only 20 years. Sorry, I appreciate this is really negative but, to compete, even in this division, we need Premier League money / parachute payments. If not, we have to be smarter, better run than everyone else, with less money than everyone else (higher stadium costs/lower attendances etc.), basically look to get promoted with one of the smallest budgets in the division. To date, this board has got just about everything they possibly could, very badly wrong. I just can't see how we're going to turn from a circus into one of the best run clubs in the country.

Interesting that you say I can't see how we're going to turn from a circus into one of the best run clubs in the country. None of us know all the intricacies of the running of the club but since TF sacked Beard brought in Lee Hoos and Les we have outwardly appeared to be run incredibly well, probably because we appointed Burnleys ex CEO.

The last few seasons have seen a dramatic change in the way the club is run, we are heading towards being one of the best run clubs in the division and that's because we have a CEO in charge who understands football clubs and finance.

The FFP fine has been hanging over us like an Executioners blade but it's all over now and we can move on, the fact that FFP is a total crock of shit is another matter completely.

If we can get at least two more players before the season starts, centre back a must, then we have as good a chance as last season in the Division, with some exciting young players coming through the ranks.
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 10:35 - Jul 28 with 1677 viewsqpr1976

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 14:08 - Jul 27 by davman

It puts things back in to perspective though. We are not, and never have been a massive club. We have done spectacularly well at some points, such as staying in the top flight from 1983 through to 1995, but on the size of our club and its fan base, we finished around about in the right place last season.

Even before the big money and still to some degree we are paying higher wages than other clubs similar in size to us and I'm afraid, even with our ridiculously wealthy owners, we still need to cut back.

It's going to need a miracle to get us up there again, but as long as there is a club left and as long as we are full of respectably paid players who give a toss, we have to be happy.

FFP simply stops anyone from breaking into the elite. It is wrong and its nuts that anyone outside the top 6 voted for it. Anyone should be permitted to spend whatever they want on a business or a football club as long as they are unable to claim that money they spend is a loan to the club that has to be paid back. If our owners want to go out and make cash purchases on players and put the funds to cover the price of that contract in the club's coffers, what's the problem?

The reason clubs outside the top 6 voted for it is. Ecause in the original rules, ALL fines were split amongst all other clubs. ie. Free money !
One of the many rules changes since mean the money goes to charity. OK, so give it to Grenfell, or the NHS (not a charity as such, I know, but they could use £17m I bet)
QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 11:16 - Jul 28 with 1646 viewsDejR_vu

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 07:53 - Jul 28 by Blue_Castello

Interesting that you say I can't see how we're going to turn from a circus into one of the best run clubs in the country. None of us know all the intricacies of the running of the club but since TF sacked Beard brought in Lee Hoos and Les we have outwardly appeared to be run incredibly well, probably because we appointed Burnleys ex CEO.

The last few seasons have seen a dramatic change in the way the club is run, we are heading towards being one of the best run clubs in the division and that's because we have a CEO in charge who understands football clubs and finance.

The FFP fine has been hanging over us like an Executioners blade but it's all over now and we can move on, the fact that FFP is a total crock of shit is another matter completely.

If we can get at least two more players before the season starts, centre back a must, then we have as good a chance as last season in the Division, with some exciting young players coming through the ranks.

Agree with a lot of what you say and yet under the new improved 'lessons learnt' regime we've sold the best striker we've had in a generation for £4m and the best keeper we've had in a generation for £3m. Can never be sure, of course, but I can't think of a well run club that would have / would have needed to have done that. As much as I think Hoos is doing a good job, he's having to deal with the sh1tstorm the owners have created. Unfortunately, I've just reached the point where I have absolutely no faith in the owners getting anything right, so anyone doing a good job is just clearing up their mess, not doing a good job in terms of moving us forwards. But we're now at a point where we can't survive without them but won't flourish with them.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 12:23 - Jul 28 with 1593 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 00:35 - Jul 28 by PunteR

Not a TF fan either

Luckily the running of the club isn't much to do with him any more then. Other than TF putting money in, I think Ruben and Kamarudin are the main drivers in the business these days and he has little input.

The grass is always greener.

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 13:16 - Jul 28 with 1556 views18StoneOfHoop

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 12:23 - Jul 28 by Esox_Lucius

Luckily the running of the club isn't much to do with him any more then. Other than TF putting money in, I think Ruben and Kamarudin are the main drivers in the business these days and he has little input.

Conjecture without corrobrative proof.I'm afraid Esox.
Reread Clive's amazing FFP column for who and how of money going to QPR breakdown at the top.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 09:00 - Jul 29 with 1260 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR take FFP medicine, so when will things get better? Column on 13:16 - Jul 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

Conjecture without corrobrative proof.I'm afraid Esox.
Reread Clive's amazing FFP column for who and how of money going to QPR breakdown at the top.

I did say "other than putting money in" I have no doubt that he has to buy into every decision made but I don't think it is any coincidence that since the other two came on board the good ship QPR has shown a vast improvement in how we act as a club both financially and playing squad wise. Of course it is conjecture, aren't most of the posts on here? I would defer to circumstantial evidence to corroborate my opinion, because after all, that is what it is.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024