Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trent Sainsbury 05:24 - Jul 18 with 29470 viewsHooparoo

Returned to his club but apparently training with the reserves pending an imminent transfer. Hope it’s us. He is quality and a good age so will still improve further in ability and value.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trent Sainsbury on 10:49 - Aug 2 with 5300 viewsqueensparker

He keeps liking Luongo's posts on Instagram if that's any indication.

(This is the saddest thing I've ever typed)
Trent Sainsbury on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 5247 viewsrsonist

Trent Sainsbury on 10:49 - Aug 2 by queensparker

He keeps liking Luongo's posts on Instagram if that's any indication.

(This is the saddest thing I've ever typed)

Haha I think they were mates before we came along to be fair.

It is the weirdest part of modern day football, the pseudo-relationship you develop with a player in that interim period of a protracted transfer.

I've already decided he looks a bit like yer man from The Big Bang Theory.
Trent Sainsbury on 11:39 - Aug 2 with 5009 viewssimmo

McClaren said on the podcast that 'hopefully by the time this interview comes out we'll have 1 or 2 more' and with no chance of waiting until January to get Sainsbury, I hope the club bite the bullet on this and get him. Looks exactly what we need in a key position and think he could become something of a cult hero for us.

Time kills deals though and the longer this goes on the less likely I think it is that we'll get him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Trent Sainsbury on 11:45 - Aug 2 with 4986 viewsDannyPaddox

Trent Sainsbury on 10:35 - Aug 2 by PlanetHonneywood

This saga is becoming Odemwingiesque!

Bald 20-something bloke in flip-flops and shorts riding a Segway just passed me on the Uxbridge Road by the market. He called over in an Aussie accent; raised intonation at end of the sentence: "Dude? Lofthouse Road?" I pointed him in the right direction. Could well be our man Trent.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 12:30]
Trent Sainsbury on 12:12 - Aug 2 with 4849 viewsBklynRanger

Trent Sainsbury on 11:45 - Aug 2 by DannyPaddox

Bald 20-something bloke in flip-flops and shorts riding a Segway just passed me on the Uxbridge Road by the market. He called over in an Aussie accent; raised intonation at end of the sentence: "Dude? Lofthouse Road?" I pointed him in the right direction. Could well be our man Trent.

Is there a Football League ruling about the use of segways during games? Probably not.
Trent Sainsbury on 12:26 - Aug 2 with 4784 viewsDannyPaddox

Trent Sainsbury on 12:12 - Aug 2 by BklynRanger

Is there a Football League ruling about the use of segways during games? Probably not.

68 year-old Tim Cahill wanted to use one in the World Cup. The killjoys at FIFA wouldn't allow it. As for referees on Segways. It's a yes from me.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 12:28]
Trent Sainsbury on 12:30 - Aug 2 with 4757 viewsMatch82

Trent Sainsbury on 11:45 - Aug 2 by DannyPaddox

That's be him. There can't be any other Aussies in west London surely?
Trent Sainsbury on 00:14 - Aug 4 with 4109 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Come and get me boys’

£££££££££

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-trent-sainsbury-contract-updated/am
Login to get fewer ads

Trent Sainsbury on 00:27 - Aug 4 with 4083 viewsrobith

Free you say

Trent Sainsbury on 04:51 - Aug 4 with 3975 viewsHooparoo

Oz media also now reporting it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/trent-sainsbury-has-terminated-his-contrac

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trent Sainsbury on 06:31 - Aug 4 with 3897 viewsLblock

Hope he enjoys his time at PSV!!!!!!

Although I know zero about this fella, I’d be gutted if Villa sign him.
Should the rumours of us being in for him be true then surely a club renowned for being sharp and shrewd operators such as us would be stealing a march on the rest of the market?? I’d imagine we’ve already unofficially agreed personal terms, helped him with the release petition to FIFA and have him on an Air Asia sponsored jet ready for medical and obligatory photo shoot at W12 holding scarf above head with uncomfortable smile on.
Or maybe not....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Trent Sainsbury on 06:40 - Aug 4 with 3892 viewsahoz

A fine player and if signed could be a key to our season. Mass would help settle him in too. Would be disappointed if we don't do all we can to sign him.
Trent Sainsbury on 07:57 - Aug 4 with 3763 viewshorshamHoop

On the glass half full side, we may have half a chance here as arranging for his existing contract to be terminated may mean that money could be a secondary issue. Therefore living in London where he has friends as opposed to Birmingham and Netherlands may be a deciding factor - one lives in hope!
Trent Sainsbury on 08:33 - Aug 4 with 3662 viewsmakaveli1882

Trent Sainsbury on 07:57 - Aug 4 by horshamHoop

On the glass half full side, we may have half a chance here as arranging for his existing contract to be terminated may mean that money could be a secondary issue. Therefore living in London where he has friends as opposed to Birmingham and Netherlands may be a deciding factor - one lives in hope!

If you had the option to play in the Champions League for Dutch Champions PSV on more money in a bigger ground....... or come to QPR on less money, knowing you will be the only signing for at least a year where would you go ?
Trent Sainsbury on 09:07 - Aug 4 with 3566 viewskingo

Trent Sainsbury on 08:33 - Aug 4 by makaveli1882

If you had the option to play in the Champions League for Dutch Champions PSV on more money in a bigger ground....... or come to QPR on less money, knowing you will be the only signing for at least a year where would you go ?

But PSV already have 5 CBs and 4 of them are highly rated, so he wouldn’t walk straight in to that side. We don’t know the full story about him buying out his contract, you never know but some wealthy third party may have given him the money to do it so he becomes a free agent.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Trent Sainsbury on 10:34 - Aug 4 with 3327 viewsDannyPaddox

Eindhoven, Birmingham, or Shepherds Bush. Let's hope he doesn't like canals.

There's a Trent-based joke here but it's too early for me.
Trent Sainsbury on 10:37 - Aug 4 with 3306 viewsisawqpratwcity

Trent Sainsbury on 09:07 - Aug 4 by kingo

But PSV already have 5 CBs and 4 of them are highly rated, so he wouldn’t walk straight in to that side. We don’t know the full story about him buying out his contract, you never know but some wealthy third party may have given him the money to do it so he becomes a free agent.

It makes you wonder how much money he was on in China, for them to cancel his contract rather than hold out for a transfer fee. Surely nobody is going to cough up a cancellation fee for the bloke?

You have to think that with the Mass friendship and early discussions with Les, we'd know if we were able to pay what he expects. No way we could compete with PSV or even Villa in a bidding war but at least we can offer him realistic game time. I'd imagine that, coming to England/Europe, exposure will be a big plus for him.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Trent Sainsbury on 11:46 - Aug 4 with 3072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trent Sainsbury on 10:34 - Aug 4 by DannyPaddox

Eindhoven, Birmingham, or Shepherds Bush. Let's hope he doesn't like canals.

There's a Trent-based joke here but it's too early for me.

I don’t think he’ll be able to barge his way into that PSV side.
Trent Sainsbury on 11:57 - Aug 4 with 3034 viewsozexile

He's best off with us. Spurs and Arsenal reps at all our games. Not sure he'll get that at psv. 😂
Trent Sainsbury on 09:42 - Aug 6 with 2334 viewsbosh67

Looks like he may go Dutch. It is a funny state of affairs when we are getting very nervous about signing a defender who most people in the biz describe as 'quite good on occasion' and 'bang average'.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trent Sainsbury on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 2305 viewsGloucs_R

Tilt looks almost certain to leave pool. Anyone seen him play??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Trent Sainsbury on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 2270 viewsBstokeranger

Trent Sainsbury on 09:42 - Aug 6 by bosh67

Looks like he may go Dutch. It is a funny state of affairs when we are getting very nervous about signing a defender who most people in the biz describe as 'quite good on occasion' and 'bang average'.

He is far from bang average, very comfortable on the ball and can time a tackle.
I think he would be a very decent signing and given the current status of the club, a perfect investment.
Trent Sainsbury on 10:18 - Aug 6 with 2146 viewsCaptainPugwash

Narrrrr....
Be not a good idea to upsticks to the land o' The Watergeuzen.Be that Monty hulk orf Sheerness packed toight wi' powder and the like...she takes floight and the blaaast be oer to Duchy like the backwash from Neptoon's Thunderbox.
Laughter's Road be much safer!
Yo Ho!
Trent Sainsbury on 10:58 - Aug 6 with 1969 viewsMyke

I have no empirical evidence to back this up, but it always seems to me that the transfers that drag on and on never seem to get over the line. Obviously there has to be loads of behind the scenes activity going on for every transfer, but when you compare the Sainsbury saga to the German lad...
Trent Sainsbury on 11:24 - Aug 6 with 1844 viewsMaggsinho

Looks like we're moving onto our next target.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-sign-teenage-defender-and-are-int
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024