Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 36102 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:26 - Apr 16 with 2568 views2Thomas2Bowles

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:40 - Feb 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Almost lost my mum to pneumonia recently so know how you are feeling.

Wishing you both the very best

My Mum passed this morning
Pneumonia and Pleurisy she was suffering from became too much, 2 weeks ago she was looking and feeling much better but in the last week had gone down.

I am devastated beyond words.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:39 - Apr 16 with 2550 viewsAshdown_Ranger

So sorry to hear that 2T2B.

You mother's improvement a couple of weeks back and the increase in hope must have made it all the more painful and devastating.

I hope you have the support of family and friends around you.

:(
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:44 - Apr 16 with 2539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very sorry to hear your news, 2T2B.

Much love to you and to your family x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:55 - Apr 16 with 2504 viewseastside_r

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:26 - Apr 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Pneumonia and Pleurisy she was suffering from became too much, 2 weeks ago she was looking and feeling much better but in the last week had gone down.

Take care mate.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 2490 viewsbosh67

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:26 - Apr 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So sorry to hear this and RIP for your lovely mum. Thoughts with you from me and I am sure everyone else on here and all QPR fans. Much love mate.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 2470 viewsisawqpratwcity

It must have been a hard time for her. Now she can rest in peace.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:17 - Apr 16 with 2450 viewsjohncharles

Sorry to hear that 2T2B. Tough time for you just now. My mum passed away many years ago and since the grieving passed I often think of her. Some little thing reminds me of her and I get a warm glow come over me.
RIP

Strong and stable my arse.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 2427 viewshook_hoops

My condolences on your loss. RIP
Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:08 - Apr 16 with 2419 viewsPunteR

Sorry to hear that 2T2B. Sad news . Thoughts with you and your family this morning. Take care mate. x

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 2384 viewsessextaxiboy

Sorry to read this ,

I hope you have some family or friends to help you with your grief . I am sure your Mum would want you to to look after yourself so make her happy and do that .

ETB
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:37 - Apr 16 with 2357 viewsDavieQPR

Lost both my parents within a month of each other. Both aged 97. I was consoled by the fact that I was good to them whilst they were alive and regularly visited or phoned.
So I suggest everyone who has a parent still alive pick up the phone and say hello.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:17 - Apr 16 with 2305 viewsterryb

We often don't agree 2T2B, but I really feel for you on this news.

Heartfelt commiserations to yourself, your family & friends.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:45 - Apr 16 with 2274 views2Thomas2Bowles

I can't find words to say much more ATM but Thank you all.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:10 - Apr 16 with 2241 viewsdistortR

condolences mate.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 2189 viewsnix

Thinking of you 2T2B. Look after yourself and get as much support as you can from friends and family.

So sorry for your loss and RIP your mum xx
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:00 - Apr 16 with 2186 viewskomradkirk

sincere condolences 2t2b
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:42 - Apr 16 with 2164 viewsMrSheen

My condolences too. I know what it feels like.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:55 - Apr 16 with 2153 viewsSimonJames

Really sorry to hear that mate. I hope you and your family find solace during this very sad time.

100% of people who drink water will die.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:01 - Apr 16 with 2147 viewsflynnbo

Very sorry to hear your sad news. Thoughts are with you.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:07 - Apr 16 with 2144 viewslondonscottish

Very sorry to hear that 2T2B. All the best in the coming days and weeks.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:21 - Apr 17 with 2073 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So very sorry to hear that sad news mate.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:50 - Apr 17 with 2057 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Very sorry to hear that 2T2B. My condolences.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:24 - Apr 17 with 2036 viewsPhildo

Really sorry to hear that - best wishes to you and your family
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:07 - Apr 17 with 2005 viewsLythamR

Sincere condolences 2T2B Cherish the good times and the love she gave to you.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:26 - Apr 17 with 1994 viewsSnipper

Very sorry to hear about your mum 2T2B. My heartfelt condolences to you and your whole family.

May she rest in peace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024