Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News 12:17 - Jan 12 with 5105 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

A step closer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38571240

This post has been edited by an administrator

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:19 - Jan 12 with 3583 viewsmacthejack

Can he play CB?
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:20 - Jan 12 with 3576 viewsGB11

I am for it but it comes across that the people of swansea want it for the sake of wanting it.

Don't come running in screaming about cardiffs funding, I am not from cardiff. I am from somewhere that gets no where near the funding you get.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:23 - Jan 12 with 3543 viewsswan65split

I think if ts such a great thing, wheres the private money being poured in then? why have the taxpayer nearly fund it?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 12:24]
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:25 - Jan 12 with 3516 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:20 - Jan 12 by GB11

I am for it but it comes across that the people of swansea want it for the sake of wanting it.

Don't come running in screaming about cardiffs funding, I am not from cardiff. I am from somewhere that gets no where near the funding you get.

We know where you come from. The Cardiff valleys which makes your support for the SE all the more mystifying as you rightly say there is massive underfunding in your area. StI'll your LAS have fallen for the spin and you will be part of metro. You will still have nothing and be a suburb of Cardiff.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 3503 viewstaff999555

Wrong forum.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 3499 viewsJackfath

I sincerely hope this comes off. A welcome addition to the Swansea landscape and would set us apart from other cities around the country, Europe and further afield.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:29 - Jan 12 with 3476 viewsPegojack

Looking forward to cycling around that. Not sure from the film where the East end would be, seems to be somewhere around the far side of the Neath River.

Hey, Dar, if it's Aberavon beach, fancy opening a hot dog stall with me at that end? We'd make a killing, mun.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:32 - Jan 12 with 3460 viewsBigPhilG

Cardiff's branch of the Samaritans helpline has gone into meltdown because somebody else has had something
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:37 - Jan 12 with 3419 viewscrix

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:29 - Jan 12 by Pegojack

Looking forward to cycling around that. Not sure from the film where the East end would be, seems to be somewhere around the far side of the Neath River.

Hey, Dar, if it's Aberavon beach, fancy opening a hot dog stall with me at that end? We'd make a killing, mun.

garnished with a few mushrooms I hope
hot dogs for tea boys!
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:40 - Jan 12 with 3393 viewsBanosswan

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:29 - Jan 12 by Pegojack

West of the new university campus.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:43 - Jan 12 with 3369 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:32 - Jan 12 by BigPhilG

Cardiff's branch of the Samaritans helpline has gone into meltdown because somebody else has had something

I doubt it. Swansea is being used as a guinea pig here. If it works, much larger, full scale projects will be built in other areas around the U.K. They're probably laughing.

A colossal risk that will permanently destroy one of Swansea's few standout features in return for absolutely nothing. Oh, but Cardiff haven't got one, lets build it!

Unfortunately this city and most of its inhabitants get what they deserve.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:48 - Jan 12 with 3347 viewsGowerjack

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:26 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

I sincerely hope this comes off. A welcome addition to the Swansea landscape and would set us apart from other cities around the country, Europe and further afield.

The French have had one for 50 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rance_Tidal_Power_Station

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 3327 viewsJackfath

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:43 - Jan 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I doubt it. Swansea is being used as a guinea pig here. If it works, much larger, full scale projects will be built in other areas around the U.K. They're probably laughing.

A colossal risk that will permanently destroy one of Swansea's few standout features in return for absolutely nothing. Oh, but Cardiff haven't got one, lets build it!

What will this permanently destroy?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:21 - Jan 12 with 3198 viewsBigPhilG

Says the most boring man on here
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:24 - Jan 12 with 3172 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:51 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

What will this permanently destroy?

The Bay.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:25 - Jan 12 with 3162 viewsJackfath

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:24 - Jan 12 by Scotia

The Bay.

I see. Like it's being utilised to its maximum potential now.

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 3153 viewsScotia

I don't know if this is a wind up but it is absolutely spot on.

The lagoon is a huge gamble putting at risk Swansea's best feature for very little local gain.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:28 - Jan 12 with 3145 viewsJackfath

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:27 - Jan 12 by Scotia

I don't know if this is a wind up but it is absolutely spot on.

The lagoon is a huge gamble putting at risk Swansea's best feature for very little local gain.

Much better to leave well alone, let some other area have the opportunity and leave Swansea to further rot and its inhabitants continue to complain and moan that "we never get anything here"

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:37 - Jan 12 with 3094 viewsGundog

Brilliant news, this will have a massive effect on tourism and draw in mega bucks a really big plus for Swansea.
Will be great to fish off also.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:40 - Jan 12 with 3080 viewslondonlisa2001

Of course a more positive way of looking at it would be to say that Swansea will become the centre of the knowledge and skill base required and it will then benefit from selling that knowledge and skill base to all the areas which come after it.

There has been talk of the turbines being manufactured for example in the docks. If that happens then they could also manufacture turbines for all the other projects, creating highly skilled jobs in the area. And yet Swansea will not be blighted by one of the much larger scale projects that the other parts of the country will be lumbered with.

But that would involve you being less negative about everything for the sake of it.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 3028 viewstomdickharry

This is good news for Swansea, hopefully this report will get a quick approval by the UK Gov.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 3009 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:40 - Jan 12 by londonlisa2001

Of course a more positive way of looking at it would be to say that Swansea will become the centre of the knowledge and skill base required and it will then benefit from selling that knowledge and skill base to all the areas which come after it.

There has been talk of the turbines being manufactured for example in the docks. If that happens then they could also manufacture turbines for all the other projects, creating highly skilled jobs in the area. And yet Swansea will not be blighted by one of the much larger scale projects that the other parts of the country will be lumbered with.

But that would involve you being less negative about everything for the sake of it.

The company expect their Cardiff lagoon to provide enough energy for every house in Wales, so along with the other full size projects scattered around the U.K, I see little reason for them to maintain their little experiment in Swansea Bay once the others are completed.

If we were one of the locations chosen for a full size project once this project has been proven successful in the U.K, then I'd be all for it. But as a mini experiment for other cities deemed more important? Absolutely not.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 14:00 - Jan 12 with 2997 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 13:55 - Jan 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The company expect their Cardiff lagoon to provide enough energy for every house in Wales, so along with the other full size projects scattered around the U.K, I see little reason for them to maintain their little experiment in Swansea Bay once the others are completed.

If we were one of the locations chosen for a full size project once this project has been proven successful in the U.K, then I'd be all for it. But as a mini experiment for other cities deemed more important? Absolutely not.

But as I said, the docks may well become the manufacturing base for the turbines.

And you should be grateful it's a little experiment given you've 5 minutes ago said that it will damage the bay as it is.

Best of both worlds - Swansea gets the jobs and expertise and the bay has a smaller operation impacting it.

As an aside - the contract will specificy the time frame over which the facility will generate power.
Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 2986 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 12:48 - Jan 12 by Gowerjack

The French have had one for 50 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rance_Tidal_Power_Station

The French one is a BARAGE across the river not a TIDAL lagoon. IT has a 240Mwatts as opposed to Swansea's 320MW. The only likely effect of the Swansea lagoon is a build up of sand on the West side rather than the wind blowing it Aberavon.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 14:06 - Jan 12 with 2973 viewsScotia

Swansea Bay Lagoon - Good News on 14:00 - Jan 12 by londonlisa2001

But as I said, the docks may well become the manufacturing base for the turbines.

And you should be grateful it's a little experiment given you've 5 minutes ago said that it will damage the bay as it is.

Best of both worlds - Swansea gets the jobs and expertise and the bay has a smaller operation impacting it.

As an aside - the contract will specificy the time frame over which the facility will generate power.

At present it looks like the turbine contract may go to GE based in Nantgarw between Cardiff and Caerphilly. As all other lagoons (if the Swansea experiment works) will be much nearer their base, I can't see them moving this operation permanently to Swansea, if at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024