Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20906 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:30 - Mar 24 with 2228 viewsswan65split

I am going for an Arsenal game 1968 fa Cup at the Vetch, record attendance, the place was rocking. 60s football at its best and worst, skinheads amok in the Market and 4th Division Swans nearly oust the mighty Gunners , Ian Ure an all !!!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:37 - Mar 24 with 2222 viewstrampie

The Swansea 2-2 v Luton was a classic game played by two skilful sides at the time, Swansea went up and Luton just missed out, Swansea then had a tilt at the first division/premier league title the following season eventually finishing 6th and Luton won the second division/championship by a mile, the season after that the Swans got relegated from the top division and Luton beat Man City at Main road to stay up on the last day of the season to send Citeh down, a draw would have kept City up and sent Luton down, Pleat their manager was caught on film going bonkers at the final whistle and that image was often played for a long time after that when anything to do with Luton and football was mentioned on the tv.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 12:43]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:38 - Mar 24 with 2222 viewsdameedna

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:15 - Mar 24 by somersetsimon

Didn't they have an excellent Welsh goalie at the time (Martin Thomas?) who played a blinder that day? 1978?

Arisen a few times Thomas was unbelievable
Next up the crutches on the field....
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:47 - Mar 24 with 2206 viewsPozuelosSideys

Probably Bristol Rovers at Twerton Park ,early on in the season, mid 90's? Boiling hot day, had Torpey and Heggs both sent off and got a weird late equaliser to make it 2-2 - think th eball bounced about 20 feet in the air off the hard turf and Basham nodded in.

Think they had Marcus Stewart and Gareth Taylor running rings around everyone at the time

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:49 - Mar 24 with 2201 viewsOxOsp

Some lovely memories on here.

For me the 8-0 defeat at Anfield in 1990, and the 2-2 also at Anfield immediately after Shankly's death. Stands out for the rendition of Walk On, Tosh revealing his Liverpool shirt, us racing into a 2-0 lead before two scabby penalties in front of the Kop rescued it.

And, November 1991. We hadn't scored away from home all season, and we went to Bradford and won 6-4 (Johnnie Williams hat-trick). Charging up and down that small stand running down one side of the ground singing "I was there, I was there, When the Swans scored away, I was there."

Mind you, this year's game away at Arsenal will live long in the memory just for being so unexpected. My son and I just staring at each other and screaming when Ash scored the winner. All while my Gooner wife and daughters were in the home end and could see us both leaping around.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 2178 viewssomersetsimon

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:49 - Mar 24 by OxOsp

Some lovely memories on here.

For me the 8-0 defeat at Anfield in 1990, and the 2-2 also at Anfield immediately after Shankly's death. Stands out for the rendition of Walk On, Tosh revealing his Liverpool shirt, us racing into a 2-0 lead before two scabby penalties in front of the Kop rescued it.

And, November 1991. We hadn't scored away from home all season, and we went to Bradford and won 6-4 (Johnnie Williams hat-trick). Charging up and down that small stand running down one side of the ground singing "I was there, I was there, When the Swans scored away, I was there."

Mind you, this year's game away at Arsenal will live long in the memory just for being so unexpected. My son and I just staring at each other and screaming when Ash scored the winner. All while my Gooner wife and daughters were in the home end and could see us both leaping around.

I didn't go to the 6-4 game, but that brings back a memory. My girlfriend at the time had no interest in football. I hadn't heard the scores and asked her if she's heard the Swansea result. She said "yes, they won 6-4". In a very patronising way, I had to explain to her that she must be wrong because you don't get scores like that in football...
followed by followed by
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 13:16 - Mar 24 with 2154 viewsunion_jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:01 - Mar 24 by epaul

I remember an FA Cup match against them when we pummelled them for 90 mi s and they had 1 break away and scored

Brilliant thread BTW, I have memories of virtually every game mentioned and it's so nice to us remeniscing and no b*cthing going on!

Lots I can't remember about it but it was definitely a league game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:35 - Mar 24 with 2096 viewsEasternJack

Some great memories here . I remember a funny game home to Scunthorpe (?) at the vetch where they were playing in a particularly nasty green kit. They ended up getting 2 or 3 players sent off causing the NB to go into a rendition of 10, 9, 8 etc green bottles.

Anyone else recall this?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:59 - Mar 24 with 2075 viewsHubert

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:35 - Mar 24 by EasternJack

Some great memories here . I remember a funny game home to Scunthorpe (?) at the vetch where they were playing in a particularly nasty green kit. They ended up getting 2 or 3 players sent off causing the NB to go into a rendition of 10, 9, 8 etc green bottles.

Anyone else recall this?

Yup, they had 3 sent off and still beat us..it's the Swansea way mun !!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:13 - Mar 24 with 2059 viewsunion_jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 14:35 - Mar 24 by EasternJack

Anyone else recall this?

Wasn't that Southend?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:18 - Mar 24 with 2053 viewsPegojack

One that sticks in my mind was Swindon away on April 14th, 1979, the season we got promoted from the third to the second division under Toshack.

My dad took me and my mate in his battered Triumph 2000 down the M4, thousands of Jacks there, we won 1-0 with a typical Robbie James goal, bursting forward and blasting the ball low into the net. Phil Boersma got a career finishing snapped ankle right in front of us, I can still hear the crack as it broke.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 15:19]
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:14 - Mar 24 with 2023 viewsSwanzay

Reading 93, not so much for the game but the atmosphere.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 16:53 - Mar 24 with 2002 viewsthe_oracle

1981-82 v Villa . Evening game. We won 2-1. We absolutely battered them, could have been six. I walked out of the Vetch shaking my head at the fact we had slaughtered the reigning League Champions (who went on to win the European cup later that year).
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:25 - Mar 24 with 1994 viewssP7qupUf

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:55 - Mar 23 by pikeypaul

Hartlepool 8-0

April Fool's Day too. I was there. Curt (3), Robbie (3), Bartley and Lally.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:27 - Mar 24 with 1992 viewskarnataka

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:18 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

One that sticks in my mind was Swindon away on April 14th, 1979, the season we got promoted from the third to the second division under Toshack.

My dad took me and my mate in his battered Triumph 2000 down the M4, thousands of Jacks there, we won 1-0 with a typical Robbie James goal, bursting forward and blasting the ball low into the net. Phil Boersma got a career finishing snapped ankle right in front of us, I can still hear the crack as it broke.

My brother & I were at that Swindon game and I remember the sickening crack too. You & I had never met and didn't for another 25 years but we must have been only a few yards or maybe even feet apart for us both to have heard the crack so clearly above all the people urging Boersma to shoot.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:05 - Mar 24 with 1942 views3swan

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 17:27 - Mar 24 by karnataka

My brother & I were at that Swindon game and I remember the sickening crack too. You & I had never met and didn't for another 25 years but we must have been only a few yards or maybe even feet apart for us both to have heard the crack so clearly above all the people urging Boersma to shoot.

Just shows what a small world it is.

I was there, to the right of the goal about 4 or 5 steps back before the six yard box, and yes heard the crack as well
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:10 - Mar 24 with 1931 viewsOldjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:18 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

i remember that, just outside of the box on the right side sickening it was

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:11 - Mar 24 with 1929 viewshydraulicjack

Yeah mate I was at that game it was superb

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:57 - Mar 24 with 1891 viewsswancity

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:11 - Mar 24 by hydraulicjack

Yeah mate I was at that game it was superb

Yes I was at that game but almost didn't get there! As a 17 year old with my father who was driving his new Jaguar XJ6 and my two uncles. One of them I think it was Dave says to my father ' try the kick down. With this automatic gear box you will accelerate away like a jet. ' . We did. But on the M4 the accelerator pedal stuck down to the floor so it was then like the wacky races as we over took cars, buses lorries, anything, on the hard shoulder weaving in and ot of traffic and by now doing over 140mph. All thought we were dead but suddenly the pedal released lol. Had brown pants all day.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:00 - Mar 24 with 1885 viewsblueytheblue

Against Hull in the lowest division many years ago.

They scored in the first minute, after that absolutely battered them, something like 30 shots on target, hit bar and post 4 times... lost 1-0.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:15 - Mar 24 with 1862 viewsOldjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:00 - Mar 24 by blueytheblue

Against Hull in the lowest division many years ago.

They scored in the first minute, after that absolutely battered them, something like 30 shots on target, hit bar and post 4 times... lost 1-0.

We had a game just like that Bristol rovers in the cup on a Friday night it was [i think] we battered them for the ninety but lost 0-1 .I'm sure Nigel Martyn was in goals for them played like a cat he did

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:52 - Mar 24 with 1817 viewsbonymine

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 00:21 - Mar 24 by Loyal

Wycombe away 1994.
Semi final 2nd leg autoglass trophy.

Mayhem. I was 17, went up in a mini bus. Mayhem.
Won the tie. mayhem.

Anyone remember the guys who ran on the pitch and laid down the Welsh flag.
Mayhem.

We had some boys back then. Mayhem.

We left Swansea at 8am for an evening kick off, stopped in Newbury amazing night on the pitch no hassle those days 👍👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:55 - Mar 24 with 1813 viewskarnataka

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:57 - Mar 24 by swancity

Yes I was at that game but almost didn't get there! As a 17 year old with my father who was driving his new Jaguar XJ6 and my two uncles. One of them I think it was Dave says to my father ' try the kick down. With this automatic gear box you will accelerate away like a jet. ' . We did. But on the M4 the accelerator pedal stuck down to the floor so it was then like the wacky races as we over took cars, buses lorries, anything, on the hard shoulder weaving in and ot of traffic and by now doing over 140mph. All thought we were dead but suddenly the pedal released lol. Had brown pants all day.

That is one hell of a brilliant story - glad you lived to tell the tale! No wonder you remember that game!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:12 - Mar 24 with 1801 viewsbonymine

Torquay away 1988 Play Offs.
Me & my mates went down with 2 genuine tickets & 2 forgeries - stopped by Poluce outside Torquay but good forgeries no problem got through.
Then outside the ground met my mate Winnie who was pissed already, got inside the ground and Winnie got ejected twice but got back inside again with 2 more forgeries 😉😉
After the game Peter Guthrie top boy great weekend never forgotten .....
👌👌👌

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:15 - Mar 24 with 1794 viewsbonymine

Yes remember that just in front of the main stand where I was sitting-a compound fracture Boey's ankle was 'back to front' ...

Horrible it was still get shivers now about that ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024