Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour - Wycombe keeper 10:32 - Jan 22 with 6660 viewspeejaybee

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/22/qpr-close-in-on-wycombe-keeper-matt-ingram/

This post has been edited by an administrator

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:26 - Jan 22 with 2080 viewspaulparker

Call me a tad pessimistic, but do we really need 2 young goalkeepers here ?

if this Ingram is highly rated what's the good in him sitting on the bench every week or playing in the odd annual cup defeat ?
on the other hand how must Smithies be feeling , he just gets in the team after months wasting away and now we are signing an up and coming keeper to possibly replace him
surely its best to sign 1 quality young keeper and have a journey man keeper as back up
I remember City had schemichal & Hart at one point , one had to leave to further his career

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:37 - Jan 22 with 2039 viewsA40Bosh

"The situation with Rob Green is well known now"

Just watching today's Access All Rs and this is a direct quote from Ian Taylor.

It is not well known to me, so do I take it that the rumours about him being offski are likely to be fulfilled in the coming days?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 2004 viewsQPR1882

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:26 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Call me a tad pessimistic, but do we really need 2 young goalkeepers here ?

if this Ingram is highly rated what's the good in him sitting on the bench every week or playing in the odd annual cup defeat ?
on the other hand how must Smithies be feeling , he just gets in the team after months wasting away and now we are signing an up and coming keeper to possibly replace him
surely its best to sign 1 quality young keeper and have a journey man keeper as back up
I remember City had schemichal & Hart at one point , one had to leave to further his career

2 young keepers ?

We got the polish under 18 keeper in Marcin Brzozowski, we have Joe Lumley who played at Forest,we have present number one in Alex Smithies,we have Connor Hudnott the young ex scum keeper and now it looks like we will get Matt Ingram
Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 1981 viewsvegasranger

This looks like an old style QPR signing. Lower division, young and already a lot of experience. Good competition for Smithies. Just need to get Green of the books !!
Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 17:14 - Jan 22 with 1903 viewsNorthernr

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 16:37 - Jan 22 by A40Bosh

"The situation with Rob Green is well known now"

Just watching today's Access All Rs and this is a direct quote from Ian Taylor.

It is not well known to me, so do I take it that the rumours about him being offski are likely to be fulfilled in the coming days?

Took that as referring to his contract situation.
Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 20:34 - Jan 22 with 1584 viewseccles

seems its not a rumour anymore.
just signed.
bye bye rob and thanks
Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 20:48 - Jan 22 with 1503 viewsGloucs_R

On the offsh.

22 but 100 appearances. 6'3.

Ingram was voted the highest ranked goalkeeper in League 2 in The Football League Awards for the 2014-15 Season.

Happy with that
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 20:49]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 20:48 - Jan 22 with 1503 viewsrichranger

“Alex has the shirt now but I want Matt to challenge him — and that is why we have signed him. Knowing him and his character, he won’t just be coming here to sit on the bench.

“I want the pair of them to push each other to the extreme. That’s the healthiness I want around the whole club." - Jimmy

In other words, goodbye Greeno
Login to get fewer ads

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 21:35 - Jan 22 with 1348 viewsRangersDave

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 20:48 - Jan 22 by richranger

“Alex has the shirt now but I want Matt to challenge him — and that is why we have signed him. Knowing him and his character, he won’t just be coming here to sit on the bench.

“I want the pair of them to push each other to the extreme. That’s the healthiness I want around the whole club." - Jimmy

In other words, goodbye Greeno

Bye bye greens indeed....... And Lumley who I thought did ok at Blackburn?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 07:54 - Jan 23 with 1088 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very encouraging signing in so many ways.

1) Young
2) Big potential
3) Scouted extensively
4) Award-winning at lower level
5) Seems a good pro
6) Keeps pressure on Smithies (Lumley was not realistic competition given his inexperience at this stage)
7) It returns Lumley to the EDS to continue his natural learning curve
8) It signals an end to Rob Green's stay with us. Green has been a model pro here and I wish him nothing but the best, but his contract (and upcoming extension) did not represent good value
9) 400k is a pittance in the modern market

Of course none of this guarantees that he will be a success - injuries, form etc will always be vagaries but this is a signing that, like Washington's, Luongo's, Hall's etc, fills my head and heart with real hope. Well done to all concerned, and welcome aboard Big Matt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 08:03 - Jan 23 with 1078 viewsGloucs_R

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 07:54 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

1) Young
2) Big potential
3) Scouted extensively
5) Seems a good pro
6) Keeps pressure on Smithies (Lumley was not realistic competition given his inexperience at this stage)
8) It signals an end to Rob Green's stay with us. Green has been a model pro here and I wish him nothing but the best, but his contract (and upcoming extension) did not represent good value

Of course none of this guarantees that he will be a success - injuries, form etc will always be vagaries but this is a signing that, like Washington's, Luongo's, Hall's etc, fills my head and heart with real hope. Well done to all concerned, and welcome aboard Big Matt.

Add to that Robinson and Polter, who isn't exactly old , and we are slowly getting there.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 08:23 - Jan 23 with 1042 viewsRanger78

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 07:54 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

1) Young
2) Big potential
3) Scouted extensively
5) Seems a good pro

Excellent summary. It's hard to disagree with that
Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 11:00 - Jan 23 with 922 viewsJonDoeman

Have to say I like the sound of this .

http://lowerleaguescout.com/matt-ingram-scouting-report/

It Is What It Is !!

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 11:14 - Jan 23 with 906 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rumour - Wycombe keeper on 11:00 - Jan 23 by JonDoeman

Have to say I like the sound of this .

http://lowerleaguescout.com/matt-ingram-scouting-report/

Ye, very encouraging. The five saves are al standard enough but the report is nice reading. Thanks for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024