Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter 22:27 - Dec 15 with 11998 viewsYorkRanger

If JFH is giving him a chance perhaps he's not as sh1te as some people think...?
Polter on 11:50 - Dec 16 with 2112 viewsstevec

Polter on 22:51 - Dec 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can't really judge a man thats had less minutes on the pitch than that poxy squirrel .

5 home wins on the bounce, that squirrel turned our season around.

Can't see Polter having that kind of influence.
Polter on 12:58 - Dec 16 with 2051 viewsconnell10

Polter on 07:54 - Dec 16 by kingsburyR

He missed an absolute sitter with his head.

I dont see that mentioned above........unless it wasnt him!!!

Angello was flying in behind and would have buried it. (Unless it was him that missed it!)

i metioned it mate, but he was still a handful.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Polter on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 2006 viewsLongsufferingR

Might sound strange but if anything he looked to me like he was trying a bit too hard last night. Understandable in the circumstances and I hope he gets a League goal soon to settle him down a bit and increase the confidence.
Polter on 13:49 - Dec 16 with 1983 viewsisawqpratwcity

Polter on 09:47 - Dec 16 by paulparker

i take him down because he was useless and if you read the post i was comparing how a decent manager could spot a game changing sub and how ramsey couldn't ,
now when we appointed Hughes did you ever compare him to the previous manager when you discussed the game of course you did, when redknapp was in charge did you ever compare him to Hughes , yes you did
now im comparing the last manager to the new one or is that not allowed
i couldn't really give a sh1t if you take offence or not to be honest, you don't like my posts stick me on ignore
now im down for the Hull game and will happily buy you a pint in the c&s and we can continue this debate
i may let you off calling me stupid as well

I didn't think the selection of Polter was particularly inspired. He'd already made two like-for-like substitutions. Of the four in-fielders left on the bench, Tozser was probably the least attacking, Polter the least proven. Given that we were 2-1 down and firmly on the attack, it would be a no-brainer to bring on someone to strengthen the attack.

"he is a big lump and with Dunk off he created panic in there defence, excellent piece of management that , if we still had the last clown in charge he would have probably bought on tozser"

How is it an "excellent piece of management" to bring on Polter and create panic in their defence with Dunk off when Polter was already on before Dunk got his red card? Does JFH have clairvoyant abilities? That would be excellent.

I note the use of the word "probably" for the 'last clown's' selections (I know you don't mean Warnock). It was just a gratuitous insult; you don't really think he would have brought on Tozser, do you? Had Ramsey brought on Polter, then see Dunk dismissed and have Austin equalise, London to a brick the phrase "excellent piece of management" would not have been used by you.

I objected to the lack of fairness in the treatment of Ramsey. There was the amalgamation of last season's caretaker results with this season's to make a top-half coach look bad, and the blindness to Ramsey's tightening up of the defence (at great cost to our attack) and then the sudden tolerance, praise even, for the many things that Ramsey had been castigated for once they were done by Warnock. There's nothing wrong with passing judgement on a manager's performance, but you have to be fair about it. I would have left him in place until making a decision on him at the start of this month, with a view to having a new manager (if required) around now. That would leave plenty of time (again, if required) to make an assessment of the squad with appropriate adjustments in the transfer window and then half a season to recover performance and secure a play-off place.

I do believe that we have got a better manager in JFH. And if I think that I have been proved wrong on that I will feel free to say so. But I do not take the task of replacing a manager lightly. We have an appalling record on that so I do not make that call as readily as so many did with Ramsey.

Incidentally, I don't think you are stupid. I do think that there has been some collective anti-Ramsey hysteria here lately and I will take that to task. I'd really love to have a beer with you but geographically it isn't going to happen. When I argue, I argue hard but if you think I'm out of line, let me know.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Polter on 13:50 - Dec 16 with 1983 viewsNorthernr

As said, very difficult to judge somebody we've seen so little of - although plenty have decided he's sht which is terribly constructive of them.

He may be sht. Devon White was sht. You can be sht and effective. I can't believe we wouldn't have been better off giving him some minutes - not necessarily starts, just some minutes - over the past few weeks when we've had literally nothing up front. He's got to be better than nothing - only the likes of Moore and Maiga were worse than nothing at all.
Polter on 14:03 - Dec 16 with 1968 viewsJamie

Polter on 13:50 - Dec 16 by Northernr

As said, very difficult to judge somebody we've seen so little of - although plenty have decided he's sht which is terribly constructive of them.

He may be sht. Devon White was sht. You can be sht and effective. I can't believe we wouldn't have been better off giving him some minutes - not necessarily starts, just some minutes - over the past few weeks when we've had literally nothing up front. He's got to be better than nothing - only the likes of Moore and Maiga were worse than nothing at all.

He's got 10 caps and went to a European Championships with Germany u21s, so this theory that he's shit is clearly false.

Is he better than Austin? Probably not, but he can definitely contribute this season.

Tall, willing to work hard, makes clever runs, gets into good positions from set pieces, but he got the ball mixed up in his feet on his debut so clearly a dud.
Polter on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 1925 viewsjohncharles

I thought Polter was okay after the Yeoville game and the pre season against Dundee United. A battering ram but effective. After seeing him last night I think he's a bit better than I thought.

Strong and stable my arse.

Polter on 14:36 - Dec 16 with 1906 viewsJonDoeman

Polter on 14:18 - Dec 16 by johncharles

I thought Polter was okay after the Yeoville game and the pre season against Dundee United. A battering ram but effective. After seeing him last night I think he's a bit better than I thought.

I liked what I saw from him early in the season as well, that goal v Yeovil where he used his strength for example. I've suspected all along it was piss poor man management. Nice to see him back involved.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Polter on 14:40 - Dec 16 with 1899 viewsadhoc_qpr

Polter on 13:49 - Dec 16 by isawqpratwcity

I didn't think the selection of Polter was particularly inspired. He'd already made two like-for-like substitutions. Of the four in-fielders left on the bench, Tozser was probably the least attacking, Polter the least proven. Given that we were 2-1 down and firmly on the attack, it would be a no-brainer to bring on someone to strengthen the attack.

"he is a big lump and with Dunk off he created panic in there defence, excellent piece of management that , if we still had the last clown in charge he would have probably bought on tozser"

How is it an "excellent piece of management" to bring on Polter and create panic in their defence with Dunk off when Polter was already on before Dunk got his red card? Does JFH have clairvoyant abilities? That would be excellent.

I note the use of the word "probably" for the 'last clown's' selections (I know you don't mean Warnock). It was just a gratuitous insult; you don't really think he would have brought on Tozser, do you? Had Ramsey brought on Polter, then see Dunk dismissed and have Austin equalise, London to a brick the phrase "excellent piece of management" would not have been used by you.

I objected to the lack of fairness in the treatment of Ramsey. There was the amalgamation of last season's caretaker results with this season's to make a top-half coach look bad, and the blindness to Ramsey's tightening up of the defence (at great cost to our attack) and then the sudden tolerance, praise even, for the many things that Ramsey had been castigated for once they were done by Warnock. There's nothing wrong with passing judgement on a manager's performance, but you have to be fair about it. I would have left him in place until making a decision on him at the start of this month, with a view to having a new manager (if required) around now. That would leave plenty of time (again, if required) to make an assessment of the squad with appropriate adjustments in the transfer window and then half a season to recover performance and secure a play-off place.

I do believe that we have got a better manager in JFH. And if I think that I have been proved wrong on that I will feel free to say so. But I do not take the task of replacing a manager lightly. We have an appalling record on that so I do not make that call as readily as so many did with Ramsey.

Incidentally, I don't think you are stupid. I do think that there has been some collective anti-Ramsey hysteria here lately and I will take that to task. I'd really love to have a beer with you but geographically it isn't going to happen. When I argue, I argue hard but if you think I'm out of line, let me know.

Ramsey did some good things but a lot of bad things.

He also had a raw deal in some ways (injuries to Austin etc) but good luck in others (the fact he was given the job in the summer).

Do you not think your defence of Ramsey is every bit as one sided as what you call the 'anti-Ramsey hysteria'?

Ultimately though the team performances and results were getting worse and the team were sliding down the table (2 wins in 2 months).

Getting rid was understandable and hundreds of managers and tens of thousands of players have been booed before, so i don't buy this OTT abuse agenda.
Polter on 14:55 - Dec 16 with 1876 viewspaulparker

Polter on 13:49 - Dec 16 by isawqpratwcity

Do I think Ramsey would of bought on Toszer instead of Polter , yes I probably would do
look at Ramsey's previous in decision making and making Subs , it was hardly inspiring was it , if anything under Ramsey he wouldn't of been on the bench to bring on

also I don't buy this Ramsey tightened up the defence myth,
we were conceding over 2 goals a game under him , only when TF went over his and Les's head and bought in Warnock did we see any organisation within the back four ,
you may not like to believe it but we were a shambles of a team under Ramsey
and lets not forget the bloke had one of the best squads in the league and had around 7 million pounds worth of talent bought for him
9 wins in 9 months speaks volumes

as for being fair to the man I have , look back at our wins I have praised him , I also said I wanted to be proved wrong and have him shove my comments down my throat,
only he didn't, he wasn't up to it , and he was given enough time to stamp his authority on the team
I don't buy this he was unlucky line that is trotted out about him, he wasn't good enough and never should have got the job in the first place , I said at the time we will have wasted pre season and most of the season if only we had Warnock or JFH from the start

as for the anti ramsey hysteria, I seem to recall paul hart getting more stick , Jim magilton also, and hughes and Harry, some posters like BrixtonR still sound off on Mullaery and that's over 30 years ago, you mean to tell me you don't have managers who you think were crap here or out of there depth or ones you hated, of course you do, you probably have the same discussions with friends in the pub , and that's how I see it, I would talk on here like I would to you over a pint , I don't think your out of line I just think you wrong as you do me, I used to have the same arguments with Essex over Arry but we had a drink or two last season and I think he is a sound bloke like you probably are

the one thing I will agree with you is we do have a better manager now and now we will see the team get better , we will see better choices , the team working harder and we will be better tactically , and at the end of the day that's what we want for this Club
I couldn't give a rats about premier league football or the millions to spend, I want stability to , I want to see players like faurlin, Rowlands , Cook, Derry , Adel, and Austin
players who were scouted and developed by us
and hopefully we will get that now

anyway a long post, but you get the drift ,and if you are about on match days let me know and we will share a pint or 2

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Polter on 15:25 - Dec 16 with 1822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Polter on 14:55 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Do I think Ramsey would of bought on Toszer instead of Polter , yes I probably would do
look at Ramsey's previous in decision making and making Subs , it was hardly inspiring was it , if anything under Ramsey he wouldn't of been on the bench to bring on

we were conceding over 2 goals a game under him , only when TF went over his and Les's head and bought in Warnock did we see any organisation within the back four ,
and lets not forget the bloke had one of the best squads in the league and had around 7 million pounds worth of talent bought for him

as for being fair to the man I have , look back at our wins I have praised him , I also said I wanted to be proved wrong and have him shove my comments down my throat,
only he didn't, he wasn't up to it , and he was given enough time to stamp his authority on the team
I don't buy this he was unlucky line that is trotted out about him, he wasn't good enough and never should have got the job in the first place , I said at the time we will have wasted pre season and most of the season if only we had Warnock or JFH from the start

as for the anti ramsey hysteria, I seem to recall paul hart getting more stick , Jim magilton also, and hughes and Harry, some posters like BrixtonR still sound off on Mullaery and that's over 30 years ago, you mean to tell me you don't have managers who you think were crap here or out of there depth or ones you hated, of course you do, you probably have the same discussions with friends in the pub , and that's how I see it, I would talk on here like I would to you over a pint , I don't think your out of line I just think you wrong as you do me, I used to have the same arguments with Essex over Arry but we had a drink or two last season and I think he is a sound bloke like you probably are

the one thing I will agree with you is we do have a better manager now and now we will see the team get better , we will see better choices , the team working harder and we will be better tactically , and at the end of the day that's what we want for this Club
I couldn't give a rats about premier league football or the millions to spend, I want stability to , I want to see players like faurlin, Rowlands , Cook, Derry , Adel, and Austin

anyway a long post, but you get the drift ,and if you are about on match days let me know and we will share a pint or 2

"when TF went over his and Les's head and bought in Warnock"

We don't know whether he did or not, to be fair. There is absolutely no way of knowing whether CR instigated that or agreed with it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Polter on 15:28 - Dec 16 with 1814 viewspaulparker

Polter on 15:25 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

"when TF went over his and Les's head and bought in Warnock"

We don't know whether he did or not, to be fair. There is absolutely no way of knowing whether CR instigated that or agreed with it.

We don't Bri , but I don't believe for a second that Ramsey or Les wanted NW anywhere near the club ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Polter on 15:47 - Dec 16 with 1784 viewsPommyhoop

<<<< anyway a long post, but you get the drift ,and if you are about on match days let me know and we will share a pint or 2>>>>

I think he lives in New South Wales rather than Wales or anywhere near enough to have a pint with you Paul.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Polter on 15:50 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewsvegasranger

I can't believe the debate is still going on. Under Ramsay we had no style of play. Gave up 2 goals a game. Terrible substitutions. He was involved in signing some very bad players over the summer. He actually did nothing good. NW was the one who stopped the rot. It would be nice if we could keep him on running the youth set up. A job that he seems well qualified for.
Polter on 15:51 - Dec 16 with 1769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Polter on 15:28 - Dec 16 by paulparker

We don't Bri , but I don't believe for a second that Ramsey or Les wanted NW anywhere near the club ,

Fair enough, PP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Polter on 15:56 - Dec 16 with 1759 viewspaulparker

Polter on 15:47 - Dec 16 by Pommyhoop

<<<< anyway a long post, but you get the drift ,and if you are about on match days let me know and we will share a pint or 2>>>>

I think he lives in New South Wales rather than Wales or anywhere near enough to have a pint with you Paul.

Pfffttttt

any old excuse these days

Polter on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 1751 viewsfrancisbowles

Polter on 15:50 - Dec 16 by vegasranger

I can't believe the debate is still going on. Under Ramsay we had no style of play. Gave up 2 goals a game. Terrible substitutions. He was involved in signing some very bad players over the summer. He actually did nothing good. NW was the one who stopped the rot. It would be nice if we could keep him on running the youth set up. A job that he seems well qualified for.

......and the other side of the argument is we were the top scorers even with Austin and Mackie missing, then before last night we forgot where the goal was and the rest is about opinions. Yawn, yawn, for god's sake let it go, it's now history!
Polter on 16:06 - Dec 16 with 1742 viewsadhoc_qpr

Polter on 16:00 - Dec 16 by francisbowles

......and the other side of the argument is we were the top scorers even with Austin and Mackie missing, then before last night we forgot where the goal was and the rest is about opinions. Yawn, yawn, for god's sake let it go, it's now history!

When is Mackie back?

He'll love playing in a high energy pressing system!
Polter on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 1726 viewsPinnerPaul

Polter on 16:06 - Dec 16 by adhoc_qpr

When is Mackie back?

He'll love playing in a high energy pressing system!

True.

Think not before Jan, but haven't checked what was said at the time of injury.
Polter on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 1698 viewsisawqpratwcity

Polter on 14:40 - Dec 16 by adhoc_qpr

He also had a raw deal in some ways (injuries to Austin etc) but good luck in others (the fact he was given the job in the summer).

Do you not think your defence of Ramsey is every bit as one sided as what you call the 'anti-Ramsey hysteria'?

Ultimately though the team performances and results were getting worse and the team were sliding down the table (2 wins in 2 months).

Getting rid was understandable and hundreds of managers and tens of thousands of players have been booed before, so i don't buy this OTT abuse agenda.

"Do you not think your defence of Ramsey is every bit as one sided as what you call the 'anti-Ramsey hysteria'?"

No, because I always bring it back to games won, drawn and lost, points and the league table, how else should we judge it? The day before Ramsey was sacked we had just dropped one place from 12th to 13th. Bottom half, if you like, but the sky wasn't falling.

"Ultimately though the team performances and results were getting worse and the team were sliding down the table (2 wins in 2 months)."

September was bad: 2 draw, 2 losses. October was better: 2 wins, a draw and 2 losses. But why do you think you can cherry-pick months? Why not throw in August (3-1-1)? Why not just say that when he was sacked we were 13th: unlucky for him, but not a hanging offence.

"Getting rid was understandable and hundreds of managers and tens of thousands of players have been booed before, so i don't buy this OTT abuse agenda."

My point all along is that getting rid was premature. If you boo our team, players or coaches, that's your decision. I don't like hearing booing but that abuse has never been part of why I criticise the anti-Ramseys.

Polter on 16:39 - Dec 16 with 1671 viewsjohncharles

Polter on 15:28 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Well they were both wrong then. Warnock is then one that turned it round. I wonder what would have happened had Jimmy Floyd taken over 5 weeks ago ?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 16:40]

Strong and stable my arse.

Polter on 17:42 - Dec 16 with 1629 viewsisawqpratwcity

Polter on 14:55 - Dec 16 by paulparker

You draw conclusions about Ramsey based on your opinion of what he would have done? That is a circular argument.

My argument about Ramsey tightening the defence is that Warnock was installed as 'advisor' on the Sunday, on the Tuesday we keep our first clean sheet in 7 games (apparently without Warnock making it to training). Now I think that Warnock is not that fast a worker, and the next results were a win then two losses. That looks to me like the more Warnock advice we get, the worse we play.

I do agree with you that it's most likely that TF brought in Warnock. But that was, imo, a 'cover-his-arse' exercise with the fans, the press and maybe the board. It can't have helped either Ramsey or Les feel supported.

And again with the '9 wins in 9 months line'. After Redknapp left, Ramsey's brief was 'we're f*cked anyway, just mind the shop'. It is different in the new season, though, and for that, like it or not, Ramsey carries the responsibility. But 13th, and closer to play-off than relegation places is not sacking territory.

I want stability, too. That is the reason why I wanted to be sure that Ramsey needed to go: we are p*ss-poor at changing managers. WE're lucky that it seems to have worked this time. I also want the club to be the best it can. That can include purchased players and I'd prefer to be in the Premier than not. But let's see.

Come on you Rs!

Polter on 13:33 - Dec 17 with 1533 viewsR_from_afar

Polter on 23:39 - Dec 15 by 1MoreBrightonR

Very harsh. He's a championship donkey but a fairly effective (and slightly odd) one. I though he was OK...caused problems and no worse than fer who I like but was pretty average

Back when Polter was getting pelters (I shall copyright that phrase, methinks) I worked out exactly how many minutes he had played. It was a tiny number. We need to give him a chance. Some of our players have spent years being average or below average - hi Junior - and yet Polter gets branded a carthorse without ever getting a real chance.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Polter on 13:57 - Dec 17 with 1512 viewsPinnerPaul

Polter on 14:40 - Dec 16 by adhoc_qpr

Not sure I've ever heard fans shouting "off, off off" at one of their own players though.

If that wasn't OTT, I don't know what was.

Ramsey being booed one week for bringing Polter on and then booed the following week for NOT doing so, wasn't OTT either - just plain stupid.
Polter on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 1475 viewsGetMeRangers

Polter on 13:50 - Dec 16 by Northernr

After the disgrace of Brum away, was great to hear R Block singing 'We got a big F**king German"
Personally I thought he did well for his ten minutes... made a nuisance of himself and disrupted the Brighton defence
But I know nothing about football... just enjoy watching enthralling games and Tuesday was about as good as they come. Right up there with Wolves away this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024