Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The real embarrassment... 16:59 - Aug 22 with 11096 viewsDrizzy

...is the contingent of people on this forum who've talked all week about the Sunderland game being a walkover and an easy three points.

There's a horrible sense of arrogance and entitlement that's been creeping into this fanbase recently. Thankfully that hasn't translated to the players who battled hard against a dogged side to get a deserved point when in years previous they may have crumbled.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The real embarrassment... on 19:20 - Aug 22 with 2190 viewsDeerhunter

The real embarrassment... on 19:19 - Aug 22 by jack247

To be fair, on the replay I did think it was a penalty against Ash. Lens could have had 3 yellow cards though.

Game should have been over by half time and probably would have been had Ayews header gone in. After that, I thought Sunderland probably shaded it.

Fair assesment, I agree Lens was lucky. Unfortunate for you as well, because he changed the game for us after that.

But I'll take the luck hahaha, although I'm sure had the roles been switched I'd have been lambasting it.
The real embarrassment... on 19:36 - Aug 22 with 2148 viewsRancid

The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 by MrSwerve

We aren't allowed to believe that we have a fantastic squad and should be smashing at least 10 of the teams in the premier league mun.

We're little ole Swansea and we need to be aiming for 17th and 40 points!

It's done us no harm thus far.Why change? It's good having ambition and I'm sure the board are looking to push on and realize the dream, especially when we're signing the likes of Ayew but at the same time we should never drift away from what has worked so well for us.We can still be humble and sign superstar footballers who take us to another level.There was definetely a sense of arrogance and egg counting before todays game, something I haven't seen as a Swans fan in a long time.I even done the Swans to win in my acca which is a contradiction I know but I kept it quiet and wasn't posting all week how many we'd put past the Mackems.
The real embarrassment... on 19:38 - Aug 22 with 2133 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Take one look at the prediction thread, pal. Plenty of examples of unbridled arrogance. Makes us look silly and we consistently laugh at the "billy big b*llocks" attitude of the so called big clubs yet indulge in it ourselves after just two games of the season. Not making a big drama, just generating a discussion after a relatively benign 1-1 draw.

Oh no, not the dreaded prediction thread! Jackfath said we'd win 0-4! Most of it's tongue in cheek Driz.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The real embarrassment... on 19:41 - Aug 22 with 2115 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 19:36 - Aug 22 by Rancid

It's done us no harm thus far.Why change? It's good having ambition and I'm sure the board are looking to push on and realize the dream, especially when we're signing the likes of Ayew but at the same time we should never drift away from what has worked so well for us.We can still be humble and sign superstar footballers who take us to another level.There was definetely a sense of arrogance and egg counting before todays game, something I haven't seen as a Swans fan in a long time.I even done the Swans to win in my acca which is a contradiction I know but I kept it quiet and wasn't posting all week how many we'd put past the Mackems.

So as I said earlier. What is the difference between thinking it privately and posting your thoughts on this message board? None!

The real embarrassment... on 19:49 - Aug 22 with 2094 viewsWxmJax

Drizzy you're confusing me. In one post you say we didn't create any clear cut chances, apart from Ayew's, second half but then you say that it wasn't a great save from Gomis because he should have buried that header. We had more than enough chances to win today but sometimes it just isn't to be. My feelings were as soon as Ayew's header stayed out we were in danger of them coming back. If that had gone in I would have expected more goals to follow. Sunderland were fortunate today but it happens. I think if Deerhunter takes his rose tinted glasses off he will see the same also, but I agree with him on the penalty. Sunderland are off the mark and there fans will be happy with that point today. 60 % possession and 9 shots on target to 2, we should have won but we didn't. I'd have taken 5 points from 3 games at the start of the season.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The real embarrassment... on 19:52 - Aug 22 with 2079 viewswaynekerr55

Reminds me a bit of the old days when people said "we've got the best squad in league 1" when we didn't

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The real embarrassment... on 19:54 - Aug 22 with 2075 viewsRancid

The real embarrassment... on 19:41 - Aug 22 by morningstar

So as I said earlier. What is the difference between thinking it privately and posting your thoughts on this message board? None!

Similar to not wanting us to become parading peacocks like our neighbours up the road i suppose and it all blowing up in our face like it did them.I hate mentioning them when they're so irrelevant to us now but it's a good marker for us and being grounded has been our forte this last 10 years.The moment we drift away from that I fear our demise.It's probably a personal thing and i can't condone those who get carried away with the team when I'm thinking it myself hence a bet on us winning today but I don't think we should ever expect to win at Swansea City in the PL, just hope and think.
The real embarrassment... on 20:07 - Aug 22 with 2013 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 19:54 - Aug 22 by Rancid

Similar to not wanting us to become parading peacocks like our neighbours up the road i suppose and it all blowing up in our face like it did them.I hate mentioning them when they're so irrelevant to us now but it's a good marker for us and being grounded has been our forte this last 10 years.The moment we drift away from that I fear our demise.It's probably a personal thing and i can't condone those who get carried away with the team when I'm thinking it myself hence a bet on us winning today but I don't think we should ever expect to win at Swansea City in the PL, just hope and think.

Nah mun. The day we become them, is when we actually believe that we are a bigger club than Sunderland. Nothing wrong with thinking we're better. There lies the difference.

Login to get fewer ads

The real embarrassment... on 20:19 - Aug 22 with 1960 viewsFlashberryjack

The real embarrassment... on 18:40 - Aug 22 by builthjack

2-0 against Man Utd. We will be up for it big time. Confident.
It's not arrogance, it's having belief in your team.

You're right, being confident isn't arrogance.....but it is a fine line, which a few of us have already crossed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The real embarrassment... on 20:30 - Aug 22 with 1928 viewsRancid

The real embarrassment... on 20:07 - Aug 22 by morningstar

Nah mun. The day we become them, is when we actually believe that we are a bigger club than Sunderland. Nothing wrong with thinking we're better. There lies the difference.

I'll still remain hopefull and not expectant.
The real embarrassment... on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 1909 viewsmorningstar

The real embarrassment... on 20:30 - Aug 22 by Rancid

I'll remain afraid, very afraid! But still expectant where it warrants it!

The real embarrassment... on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 1893 viewsjack247

The real embarrassment... on 20:30 - Aug 22 by Rancid

We should be expecting to beat teams like Sunderland, but doing so im the knowledge it's not always going to go according to plan. Even up until last season we would have seen a point up there as a good result.
The real embarrassment... on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 1884 viewsRancid

The real embarrassment... on 20:34 - Aug 22 by morningstar

I'll remain afraid, very afraid! But still expectant where it warrants it!

To be honest my coupon busted early doors when I expected United to beat the team we pissed all over last week.I almost expected us to win as much as United today but knowing the Jacks was never as confident just very hopeful.I'm old enough to know never to back the Jacks when it comes to betting but still young and naive enough to do it anyway
The real embarrassment... on 21:35 - Aug 22 with 1810 viewsPozuelosSideys

We had enough chances to win that game. We were the better side, but they upped their game, pressured us and kicked us off the field. Well done to them.

Swarbrick is a bit of a sh1thouse ref

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The real embarrassment... on 21:58 - Aug 22 with 1785 viewslonglostjack

The real embarrassment... on 21:35 - Aug 22 by PozuelosSideys

We had enough chances to win that game. We were the better side, but they upped their game, pressured us and kicked us off the field. Well done to them.

Swarbrick is a bit of a sh1thouse ref

Not the strongest of refs for sure.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The real embarrassment... on 22:15 - Aug 22 with 1756 viewsScoobyWho

The real embarrassment... on 19:08 - Aug 22 by Drizzy

Take one look at the prediction thread, pal. Plenty of examples of unbridled arrogance. Makes us look silly and we consistently laugh at the "billy big b*llocks" attitude of the so called big clubs yet indulge in it ourselves after just two games of the season. Not making a big drama, just generating a discussion after a relatively benign 1-1 draw.

It was end to end, hardly benign.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The real embarrassment... on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 1623 viewsLord_Bony

You do realise had we won Saturday we would have been second in the league just behind Leicester on goal difference.

I don think this thread would have come about had that been the case....just saying.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The real embarrassment... on 13:22 - Aug 23 with 1603 viewsPacemaker

Both the team and the fans need to get used to being tagged favourites rather than underdogs. Just because you are fav doesn't mean you will win every game. Most teams in our position aim to win at home and get as many points away, the top teams all expect to get at least a point away.

Most clubs will not look forward to playing us and will set themselves up not to lose, rather than beat us.

I expected us to get a point yesterday but hoped for a win, those who expected a big win will find it disappointing but we had enough opportunities to win and didn't take them, we also had the same chances against Chelsea and didn't take them, it's why we are not a top four side. I am still certain we will have a good season.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The real embarrassment... on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 1584 viewsdgt73

Is Drizzy on drugs ? Don't see any arrogance from Swansea fans - Sunderland had two bad results before yesterday and we had two good results, so therefore, nothing wrong with being confident going up to Sunderland. It's about time Swans fans talked up the team and not this the glass is half empty mentality. I also noticed Drizzly, started this thread less than 10 mins after the game finished. I bet he was hoping we didn't score a winner late on, that really would have pi$$ed him off and ruined his thread.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 13:45]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The real embarrassment... on 14:33 - Aug 23 with 1555 viewsperchrockjack

As I keep saying, we need to big ourselves up .

Being under the radar is now outdated.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The real embarrassment... on 15:46 - Aug 23 with 1496 viewsDrizzy

The real embarrassment... on 13:40 - Aug 23 by dgt73

Is Drizzy on drugs ? Don't see any arrogance from Swansea fans - Sunderland had two bad results before yesterday and we had two good results, so therefore, nothing wrong with being confident going up to Sunderland. It's about time Swans fans talked up the team and not this the glass is half empty mentality. I also noticed Drizzly, started this thread less than 10 mins after the game finished. I bet he was hoping we didn't score a winner late on, that really would have pi$$ed him off and ruined his thread.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 13:45]

Sigh. Again confidence is not equivalent to arrogance. Try again, dgt.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The real embarrassment... on 15:50 - Aug 23 with 1489 viewsBloodyhills

Or maybe people are just able to understand current form! Not sure why some Swans fans love nothing better than to attack fellow fans. All in it together? Maybe not.
Now THAT is embarrassing

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The real embarrassment... on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 1434 viewsperchrockjack

It is and majority on here including me are guilty.

I'm on other sites and it's not as bitchy between fans.

We all want the best.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024