Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ravel Morrison 12:25 - Jun 11 with 26123 viewsSnipper

According to SSN, we've held initial talks with Ravel Morrison in regard to joining us. An agreement will have to be had with Lazio as he signed a pre contract with them.

Sounds very weird.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:28 - Jun 24 with 3273 viewsGetMeRangers

Ravel Morrison on 13:21 - Jun 23 by thame_hoops

[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 13:24]

Just read the wiki entry. WOW. What a story. Makes Adel's antics look like a storm in a tea cup
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 0:31]
Ravel Morrison on 01:26 - Jun 24 with 3224 viewsowza

The fact of the matter is, Ravel Morrison wasn't a moments trouble with us and would be a tremendous signing, a massive coup. It is no surprise that prestigious clubs like Lazio want him because he has all the ability in the world, he just needs to apply himself better and concentrate on his football. If anyone went to Birmingham away in the 13/14 season, they would have saw Ravel at his best, I saw an absolute masterclass of a performance and he was unplayable that day, won that game on his own, while remaining consistent throughout the rest of that campaign. Under the guidance of Les and Chris it is a no brainer, they would sort him out. Still young, and is a player that has that wow factor and can change a game in a split second with a moment of magic, also if we pull it off then I think it will be a free transfer as his pre-contract to Lazio would be scrapped meaning no fee is required. There's no debate here. Sign him up.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 1:29]
Ravel Morrison on 08:38 - Jun 24 with 2990 viewsJonDoeman

Ravel Morrison on 01:26 - Jun 24 by owza

The fact of the matter is, Ravel Morrison wasn't a moments trouble with us and would be a tremendous signing, a massive coup. It is no surprise that prestigious clubs like Lazio want him because he has all the ability in the world, he just needs to apply himself better and concentrate on his football. If anyone went to Birmingham away in the 13/14 season, they would have saw Ravel at his best, I saw an absolute masterclass of a performance and he was unplayable that day, won that game on his own, while remaining consistent throughout the rest of that campaign. Under the guidance of Les and Chris it is a no brainer, they would sort him out. Still young, and is a player that has that wow factor and can change a game in a split second with a moment of magic, also if we pull it off then I think it will be a free transfer as his pre-contract to Lazio would be scrapped meaning no fee is required. There's no debate here. Sign him up.

He must be a good player, Barton even let him take a freekick that day!

It Is What It Is !!

Ravel Morrison on 08:41 - Jun 24 with 2979 viewsJamie

Ravel Morrison on 16:46 - Jun 23 by essextaxiboy

I am with Jamie on this one.

(It took me 3 days to come to terms with that and post it)

No offence intended

Oi Jamie .. Who won the Defoe debate ??? 4 in 14 ... pro rata 11 for the season , same as Ings Liverpools new signing ....cmon give it up
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 16:53]

Sunderland committed £20m (inc long term contract) for him Essex. £20m.

I never said he wouldn't score goals, I even said I would happily take him on loan to the end of last season, but £20m is a lot of wedge.
Ravel Morrison on 08:50 - Jun 24 with 2954 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ravel Morrison on 08:41 - Jun 24 by Jamie

Sunderland committed £20m (inc long term contract) for him Essex. £20m.

I never said he wouldn't score goals, I even said I would happily take him on loan to the end of last season, but £20m is a lot of wedge.

I agree, that was way too much money when it was muted. 80k a week for someone of his age was exactly the kind of deal we had wrongly done before.
Ravel Morrison on 10:23 - Jun 24 with 2884 viewsQPunkR

Ravel Morrison on 01:26 - Jun 24 by owza

Yup I was at that game. Absolute borefest but he was indeed easily the best player on the park.
I just feel people are remembering him as faaaar better than he actually was. A handy player, yes, one of Engerland's finest? Best we've had in years?? No.

QPR - "shit but local"

Ravel Morrison on 10:35 - Jun 24 with 2850 viewsPommyhoop

Ravel Morrison on 10:23 - Jun 24 by QPunkR

Yup I was at that game. Absolute borefest but he was indeed easily the best player on the park.
I just feel people are remembering him as faaaar better than he actually was. A handy player, yes, one of Engerland's finest? Best we've had in years?? No.

You know what? In another thread I completely dismissed signing Ravel with one of them NO NO NO gifs.This thread has changed my mind .If he's cheap(free would be blinding ) and if boundaries are set in stone I'd say yes.
BUT
on the Ravel v Adel side debate..
I raise you you're..( not you QPunk)
'best game for the hoops'

for my

Sort of puts thing into perspective I reckon.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ravel Morrison on 10:52 - Jun 24 with 2790 viewsQPunkR

Ravel Morrison on 10:35 - Jun 24 by Pommyhoop

You know what? In another thread I completely dismissed signing Ravel with one of them NO NO NO gifs.This thread has changed my mind .If he's cheap(free would be blinding ) and if boundaries are set in stone I'd say yes.
BUT
on the Ravel v Adel side debate..
I raise you you're..( not you QPunk)

for my

Sort of puts thing into perspective I reckon.

Can't see YouChoob vids at work mate Will have a butchers when I get home later!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Ravel Morrison on 11:10 - Jun 24 with 2740 viewsMvpeter

Ravel Morrison on 16:46 - Jun 23 by essextaxiboy

I am with Jamie on this one.

(It took me 3 days to come to terms with that and post it)

No offence intended

Oi Jamie .. Who won the Defoe debate ??? 4 in 14 ... pro rata 11 for the season , same as Ings Liverpools new signing ....cmon give it up
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 16:53]

Mate the defoe debate was emphatically answered. It was an awful signing. A peak (and he's rapidly declining) of 4 in 14 is nowhere near good enough for a pure finisher who you commited £20m to.

Very glad we didn't sign him. Might have been the start of us not being ridiculous in the transfer window.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ravel Morrison on 12:06 - Jun 24 with 2624 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ravel Morrison on 11:10 - Jun 24 by Mvpeter

Mate the defoe debate was emphatically answered. It was an awful signing. A peak (and he's rapidly declining) of 4 in 14 is nowhere near good enough for a pure finisher who you commited £20m to.

Very glad we didn't sign him. Might have been the start of us not being ridiculous in the transfer window.

The only reason to take him would have been if he could have kept us up - which he never would have been able to do these days, and he certainly would not have done either. We did actually get goals under Ramsey, and from different sources other than just Austin. I don't think Defoe really kept Sunderland up either - they were a bit fortunate that hull and Newcastle (and us) were so dreadful. Hardly tore up trees and for that price? Never worth it in a million years.

Bare bones.

Ravel Morrison on 12:23 - Jun 24 with 2556 viewsHooped_Pullie

Ravel Morrison on 12:06 - Jun 24 by Antti_Heinola

The only reason to take him would have been if he could have kept us up - which he never would have been able to do these days, and he certainly would not have done either. We did actually get goals under Ramsey, and from different sources other than just Austin. I don't think Defoe really kept Sunderland up either - they were a bit fortunate that hull and Newcastle (and us) were so dreadful. Hardly tore up trees and for that price? Never worth it in a million years.

Sunderland stayed up because Advocaat coached them to defend as a team for the entire length of the game, a side can always nick a goal and turn one point into three if it does that. It's the anti-relegation touchstone for struggling teams, defend, defend, defend. An experienced manager taking over from Redknobb (whether that had been Advocaat or AN Other) would have gotten our shower of wastrels doing the same, possibly keeping us up in the process.

As for Ravel Morrison, if he's going to keep his nose clean, I'll take him. Our transfer policy this close season looks particularly scattershot, though : ex-players coming back, a handful of new contracts for the chosen few, untried youngsters at Champ level, etc. etc.

All over the place.
Ravel Morrison on 12:29 - Jun 24 with 2521 viewsPinnerPaul

Ravel Morrison on 12:23 - Jun 24 by Hooped_Pullie

Sunderland stayed up because Advocaat coached them to defend as a team for the entire length of the game, a side can always nick a goal and turn one point into three if it does that. It's the anti-relegation touchstone for struggling teams, defend, defend, defend. An experienced manager taking over from Redknobb (whether that had been Advocaat or AN Other) would have gotten our shower of wastrels doing the same, possibly keeping us up in the process.

As for Ravel Morrison, if he's going to keep his nose clean, I'll take him. Our transfer policy this close season looks particularly scattershot, though : ex-players coming back, a handful of new contracts for the chosen few, untried youngsters at Champ level, etc. etc.

All over the place.

Yes looks like we will have players of different ages, some of will have been here for a while, some new signings as well - yep that's very unusual for a football club isn't it?
Ravel Morrison on 12:29 - Jun 24 with 2516 viewsessextaxiboy

Ravel Morrison on 11:10 - Jun 24 by Mvpeter

My point at the time was that he is a natural goalscorer and was used to the Prem we were reliant on Austin staying injury free to have half a chance having lost him for a long time at around the same time of the year the season before .

That wasnt the "peak" it was from a standing start having been playing at an inferior level for a year.

I wasnt about the fee it was about whether he could do it ,

20 MIl is of course ridiculous. If he gets a run in the side this year , I would bet he will score more than Ings .

Sorry to pull the debate another way ... Sign Ravel Up
Ravel Morrison on 12:34 - Jun 24 with 2492 viewsAntti_Heinola

All over the place.

Indeed, they conceded just 9 in his 8 games, and four of them came against Palace.
But I'd argue he had the resources available to do that - the likes of O'Shea and Cattermole - players who can dig in and defend.
We'll never know, but I suspect no one would have kept us up. In the end, 38 points was the benchmark. I'm not sure how we would have got to that under anybody. That's three more wins. even if we'd turned round the key games v West Ham and Everton, we'd still not have been close.

Bare bones.

Ravel Morrison on 13:19 - Jun 24 with 2405 viewsMvpeter

Ravel Morrison on 12:29 - Jun 24 by essextaxiboy

My point at the time was that he is a natural goalscorer and was used to the Prem we were reliant on Austin staying injury free to have half a chance having lost him for a long time at around the same time of the year the season before .

That wasnt the "peak" it was from a standing start having been playing at an inferior level for a year.

I wasnt about the fee it was about whether he could do it ,

20 MIl is of course ridiculous. If he gets a run in the side this year , I would bet he will score more than Ings .

Sorry to pull the debate another way ... Sign Ravel Up

He was a natural goalscorer. He's been unable to score in the premier league since 2009. He is not and was not the only purchasable striker.

27 goals in his last 95 games before he left to play League Two football for a year. He came back and hit a similar poor return.

You think he will suddenly improve on his one goal every 3 and a half games that he's been on for 5 seasons at the age of 33?

This was his peak in Sunderland colours and he was a terrible terrible signing.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ravel Morrison on 13:48 - Jun 24 with 2336 viewsCroydonCaptJack

All over the place.

Out of interest what would your transfer policy be for us at this point in our history?
Ravel Morrison on 14:56 - Jun 24 with 2251 viewsMatch82

Ravel Morrison on 13:48 - Jun 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Out of interest what would your transfer policy be for us at this point in our history?

SoG answered that multiple times.
It's so simple:
Sign players with premier League experience (also, championship experience) who are young, hungry to prove themselves, on cheap wages, who really want to play for the club. And don't spend a lot of money to buy them.

Simple.

Also, if they weren't born within stones throw of loftus road and/or don't have a pet named "bowles" then we reserve the right to turn on them after a week
Ravel Morrison on 15:08 - Jun 24 with 2219 viewscyprusmel

Ravel Morrison on 12:53 - Jun 23 by thame_hoops

how would you know, nobody ever saw robin friday play

I did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024