Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dark Web, Govt view 23:06 - Dec 11 with 1858 viewsSwanzay

What utter fecking nonsense, its just so called by a govt hoping to hood wink the uneducated that they believe is some sort of club for mass murderers, drug takers and peodos.
Where as all it is, is a encrypted platform where planet swans, google, marks and spencers etc are also available without GCHQ watching every move click you make.
Its all part of the political big brother govt game.
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:10 - Dec 11 with 1848 viewsreddythered

Yeah ok, good luck with that one.

Everyone encrypting everything are totally wholesome people engaging in nothing more than exchanging lolcats.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:16 - Dec 11 with 1836 viewsSwanzay

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:10 - Dec 11 by reddythered

Yeah ok, good luck with that one.

Everyone encrypting everything are totally wholesome people engaging in nothing more than exchanging lolcats.

You obviously have no idea what it is and are sucked in by the Govt description
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:25 - Dec 11 with 1825 viewsSwanzay

I guess as Cardiff are no longer premier league you have no reason to use a vpn to watch NBC sports via VPN? Its exactly the same just another level.

Just bought my xmas presents using it (obviously didn't have to), see its quite normal platform, its just Govt propaganda and scare mongering that calls it a 'dark web', Its a big bad world isn't it!

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Goebbels
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 23:32]
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:32 - Dec 11 with 1806 viewsreddythered

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:16 - Dec 11 by Swanzay

You obviously have no idea what it is and are sucked in by the Govt description

If you really believe the Dark Web is purely using VPNs, using Tor to do a little bit of shopping then I'd suggest you might want to research things a bit better rather than spouting rhetoric that will probably be in Russell Brands next book.

I can only assume you've never bought a ticket for a Swansea home game then. I mean, your details will be stored on a database as a result. Maybe more details than you'd expect...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:41 - Dec 11 with 1791 viewsSwanzay

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:32 - Dec 11 by reddythered

If you really believe the Dark Web is purely using VPNs, using Tor to do a little bit of shopping then I'd suggest you might want to research things a bit better rather than spouting rhetoric that will probably be in Russell Brands next book.

I can only assume you've never bought a ticket for a Swansea home game then. I mean, your details will be stored on a database as a result. Maybe more details than you'd expect...

I agree, alas got an ST, but what details I provide the club aint necessarily reality, you can provide all manner of nonsense details wise a club, shops etc, as I do, its not as if they validate it.
The address on my ST is not my actual address for eg.
Feel sorry for the fckers that get my 'marketing correspondents mind, but I always tick the 'no marketing box, although get my fair share of nonsense post, swings and round abouts.
Im just highlighting its exactly the same as another platform and used by people worldwide, not just pervs and robbers, as the govt want you to believe.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 23:47]
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:47 - Dec 11 with 1781 viewsreddythered

So when you ordered christmas presents online via the dark web then, you used false details, huh?

Or you no doubt feel safe enough believing Tor is uncrackable so those evi GCHQ people won't see the discounts you achieved, hmm?

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:52 - Dec 11 with 1776 viewsSwanzay

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:47 - Dec 11 by reddythered

So when you ordered christmas presents online via the dark web then, you used false details, huh?

Or you no doubt feel safe enough believing Tor is uncrackable so those evi GCHQ people won't see the discounts you achieved, hmm?

Im just highlighting its exactly the same as another platform and used by people worldwide, not just pervs and robbers, as the govt want you to believe.

The govt view is nonsense, no doubt Tor will be cracked someday, but hey there is an election coming up, there are sick people living on most streets behind curtains, sadly the govt cant much about that reality, but Cameron can make claims about the 'Dark Web'.
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:58 - Dec 11 with 1768 viewsreddythered

There is plenty of illegal actions taking place on the Dark Web. Can't turn round and say "hey, we are using it perfectly well, so it's obviously great". Silk Road anyone?

Is your position action should not be taken against those murderers, drug sellers and pedos who do use the Dark Web? Of course it should, of course you'd agree action should be taken. Should Cameron have publicised it? Damned if he does. Don't ever mention it, well those evil Tories cover it up, right? That's the usual lefty refrain.

Tor has been cracked a while ago. Then again, when you know one of the organisations who sponsored the creation of Tor, then maybe it never needed to be cracked.

Login to get fewer ads

The Dark Web, Govt view on 00:50 - Dec 12 with 1751 viewsLeonisGod

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:32 - Dec 11 by reddythered

He's right Swanzay....you might get sent special offers as a result

If you're not a paedo or other type of wrong-un, I can't see why you'd have anything to hide.
The Dark Web, Govt view on 08:45 - Dec 12 with 1685 viewsllangyfelach

Deep web and dark net are two different things are they not? The deep web is all web pages / websites that are not indexed by Google or the other search engines. The Dark Net is an area of the deep web accessible via Tor etc. Unless you're a political activist in North Korea, a paedo or a pot head is there really a need to go searching the dark net?

I've never been on there, and have no inclination to, but to think its just a cloak to hide yourself on Marks & Sparks website is a bit naive.

Plenty of very good articles out there

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 1663 viewsShaky

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:52 - Dec 11 by Swanzay

The govt view is nonsense, no doubt Tor will be cracked someday, but hey there is an election coming up, there are sick people living on most streets behind curtains, sadly the govt cant much about that reality, but Cameron can make claims about the 'Dark Web'.

The Snowdon leaks revealed that Tor is already the subject of significant attention from the NSA, and I am pretty sure I recall reading they have compromised the Tor browser bundle some time ago. I believe there is also a way of sniffing out Tor traffic.

If you want to fly under the radar the worst thing you can do is use Tor.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:26 - Dec 12 with 1661 viewsDarran

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:24 - Dec 12 by Shaky

The Snowdon leaks revealed that Tor is already the subject of significant attention from the NSA, and I am pretty sure I recall reading they have compromised the Tor browser bundle some time ago. I believe there is also a way of sniffing out Tor traffic.

They don't call him Barmy Benny for nothing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:33 - Dec 12 with 1653 viewsShaky

Here we go:

Attacking Tor: how the NSA targets users' online anonymity
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/04/tor-attacks-nsa-users-online-anonym

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Dark Web, Govt view on 11:11 - Dec 12 with 1608 viewsreddythered

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:33 - Dec 12 by Shaky

Here we go:

Attacking Tor: how the NSA targets users' online anonymity
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/04/tor-attacks-nsa-users-online-anonym

Guardian are generally not the best for IT stuff.

Fact is, any basic research gives you the name of an organisation that was one of the sponsors behind the creation of Tor. Not difficult to realise from that Tor isn't as private as people believe.

The Dark Web, Govt view on 12:23 - Dec 12 with 1574 viewsJackFish

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:24 - Dec 12 by Shaky

Yes, some Tor traffic has been intercepted and routed back to the end users, I think it was done by using a DDOS attack to compromise several known Tor exit nodes, which meant that they were able to identify users from entry/exit times to some servers.

"If you want to fly under the radar the worst thing you can do is use Tor. "

I would suggest that if you're trying to sell drugs or distribute child abuse images online then not using Tor would get you found pretty quickly.

There are plenty of legitimate uses for Tor, not so much in this country, but in countries where internet use is heavily restricted or monitored it can be very useful.
The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:54 - Dec 12 with 1508 viewsDJack

The Dark Web, Govt view on 11:11 - Dec 12 by reddythered

Guardian are generally not the best for IT stuff.

Fact is, any basic research gives you the name of an organisation that was one of the sponsors behind the creation of Tor. Not difficult to realise from that Tor isn't as private as people believe.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... you're so f*cking dangerous on this topic it's unbelievable. The US government relies on Tor being widely used to protect it's operations being compromised by foreign intelligence services as when the "bad guy is unable to ascertain/guess the type of traffic encrypted they cannot look for certain patterns with which they can break down the encryption. They need Tor to be very strong enough for no-one else to crack or they are also vulnerable. It's just that they hope to use all the computing power and zero day vulnerabilities and spoofing techniques they have to do what others can't and still break the encryption to give themselves more power/intelligence. Some people use Tor as a statement on protecting freedoms and privacy, some use it for protection against oppressive regimes, journalists use it and the US government/military/spies use it - they al need it to be secure as possible.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Dark Web, Govt view on 15:20 - Dec 13 with 1430 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone else find the fact that Swanzay is a such a paid up member of the tinfoil hat brigade that the gives the Swans a false address when he buys his season ticket completely hilarious?

Poll: Tory leader

The Dark Web, Govt view on 16:13 - Dec 13 with 1407 viewsDarran

The Dark Web, Govt view on 15:20 - Dec 13 by exiledclaseboy

Anyone else find the fact that Swanzay is a such a paid up member of the tinfoil hat brigade that the gives the Swans a false address when he buys his season ticket completely hilarious?

I always wonder what he's doing on his computer that he goes to such lengths to hide it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Dark Web, Govt view on 16:14 - Dec 13 with 1407 viewssingalongajack

I'm caught in two minds about this whole thing.
Firstly, the benefits of Tor for what it was invented are huge.
People behind enemy lines can access the internet, journalists,free speakers etc. can byepass fascism.
But I'm not naiave and realise that the best way to control is by constant surveillance and habit trends.
Windows is so insecure I don't internet bank on it.
The insecurity is built in!
Should all web contact be secure?
They say certain govt employees regularly contact the Tor people to warn them of security risks.
Can you really trust any of it?
The Dark Web, Govt view on 16:32 - Dec 13 with 1393 viewscentrestandswan

Is this Tor like the one at Glastonbury, stands out in the background whenever the festival is on. Confused somewhere in the UK.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Dark Web, Govt view on 17:31 - Dec 13 with 1362 viewsreddythered

The Dark Web, Govt view on 23:54 - Dec 12 by DJack

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... you're so f*cking dangerous on this topic it's unbelievable. The US government relies on Tor being widely used to protect it's operations being compromised by foreign intelligence services as when the "bad guy is unable to ascertain/guess the type of traffic encrypted they cannot look for certain patterns with which they can break down the encryption. They need Tor to be very strong enough for no-one else to crack or they are also vulnerable. It's just that they hope to use all the computing power and zero day vulnerabilities and spoofing techniques they have to do what others can't and still break the encryption to give themselves more power/intelligence. Some people use Tor as a statement on protecting freedoms and privacy, some use it for protection against oppressive regimes, journalists use it and the US government/military/spies use it - they al need it to be secure as possible.

Sure. Of course.

You magically think a US government sponsored tool is thus completely secure and has no backdoors exploitable by said government, rather than government needs to throw resource after resource into cracking it.

Some people use Tor for legitimate reasons. Others do not.

The Dark Web, Govt view on 21:32 - Dec 13 with 1313 viewsDJack

The Dark Web, Govt view on 17:31 - Dec 13 by reddythered

Sure. Of course.

You magically think a US government sponsored tool is thus completely secure and has no backdoors exploitable by said government, rather than government needs to throw resource after resource into cracking it.

Some people use Tor for legitimate reasons. Others do not.

Leaving the NSA aside the US military had a "cyber-wargame" against civilians. To say they had their asses handed to them on a plate is an understatement. Tor when"run" by the government had to be secure but they knew that they did not have the expertise to guarantee that (at least at bang per buck level). Tor was then "handed" over to experts and if a backdoor was left in both the expert and any very savvy expert has then compromised the US government communications... which even you can see is stupid. Yes they will try to tunnel in or use other measures to infer information but they realise that if they can do it so can others - which is probably why some parts of the military/intelligence organs alert Tor to issues.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Dark Web, Govt view on 09:39 - Dec 14 with 1214 viewsreddythered

The Dark Web, Govt view on 21:32 - Dec 13 by DJack

Leaving the NSA aside the US military had a "cyber-wargame" against civilians. To say they had their asses handed to them on a plate is an understatement. Tor when"run" by the government had to be secure but they knew that they did not have the expertise to guarantee that (at least at bang per buck level). Tor was then "handed" over to experts and if a backdoor was left in both the expert and any very savvy expert has then compromised the US government communications... which even you can see is stupid. Yes they will try to tunnel in or use other measures to infer information but they realise that if they can do it so can others - which is probably why some parts of the military/intelligence organs alert Tor to issues.

In a world where the US military were semi-competent I'd agree with you.
Until that world exists, however...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024