Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? 21:15 - Oct 29 with 2258 views1973scott

in an article on mailonline "Swansea City Supporters Trust said that they remain wary of ownership change after club holds talks with potential investor, and that they do not believe that there is a need for the club to change ownership or proceed with the deal.'

so when does a club like SCFC need investment? the finance is required for the planned expansion of the Liberty Stadium and a new training ground.

do we have a robust enough model?

source: Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2812959/Swansea-City-Supporter
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 21:22]
do we need minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 21:19 - Oct 29 with 1634 viewsDr_Winston

We don't, but certain shareholders are looking to cash in and this is the excuse that they're using to do so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

do we need minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:24 - Oct 29 with 1581 viewsGowerjack

do we need minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 21:19 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

We don't, but certain shareholders are looking to cash in and this is the excuse that they're using to do so.

S'gonna happen.

Get Ready.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:30 - Oct 29 with 1561 viewsMrSwan

The 'trust' are preventing the club improving.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 1561 viewstomdickharry

Think the board are going down the right road in trying to get new investment into the club ,so long as it doesn't end up in the Bank accounts of crap players on long term contracts.That's is what has buggered Villa.
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:44 - Oct 29 with 1526 viewsreddythered

Whilst finance helps stadium improvements ( a stadium you don't own, so curious why you'd be paying 100% of the enhancements ) and training facilities, surely the finances would have been organised and in place at the time planning started?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:46 - Oct 29 with 1518 viewsNeathJack

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:30 - Oct 29 by MrSwan

The 'trust' are preventing the club improving.

Complete and utter nonsense.
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 23:17 - Oct 29 with 1479 viewsUxbridge

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:46 - Oct 29 by NeathJack

Indeed. Flak will fly though.

Interesting times ahead. As I've often said, the Trust is usually seen as most relevant in times of flux, and the capacity for flux in a potential change of ownership is vast. As a business model, the Swans don't need a change in the shareholding.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:00 - Oct 30 with 1437 viewsMrSwan

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 22:46 - Oct 29 by NeathJack

Investors want to improve the club > Trust against investors > No investors no money = No improvements

so how is that nonsense?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Login to get fewer ads

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:13 - Oct 30 with 1438 viewsjackonicko

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:00 - Oct 30 by MrSwan

Investors want to improve the club > Trust against investors > No investors no money = No improvements

so how is that nonsense?

If we've found one of those lovely, altruistic investors that just want to improve the club, with no other motive, then fabulous.

Have we, though?
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:16 - Oct 30 with 1434 viewsNeiltheTaylor

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:00 - Oct 30 by MrSwan

so how is that nonsense?

"We are a club who live within our means" said Huw - what has changed?

We earn enough money to make stadium improvements ourselves. I would consider getting some competent commercial officers in though as that side of the club seems to be run as an Amateur night. They can be club employees or partners in a gain share agreement or something though. No ownership required.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 07:54 - Oct 30 with 1364 viewsDr_Winston

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:16 - Oct 30 by NeiltheTaylor

We earn enough money to make stadium improvements ourselves. I would consider getting some competent commercial officers in though as that side of the club seems to be run as an Amateur night. They can be club employees or partners in a gain share agreement or something though. No ownership required.

What has changed? Mostly the value of their shares in the club I'd imagine.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:05 - Oct 30 with 1351 viewsSwansNZ

Are we getting another new training ground to go with the 2 new ones we have? is fairwood up and running, or is that what we can't afford?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:27 - Oct 30 with 1319 views_

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 00:16 - Oct 30 by NeiltheTaylor

Hang on.....don't say that.

You'll have outolunch on here any second telling you that's rubbish 😉

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:29 - Oct 30 with 1314 viewsNOTRAC

Everyone of the original investors in this club have already had all their money back in the form of dividends.There is talk that they have or are having further substantial dividends based upon the results of the 2013-2014 accounts.
Surely this should be sufficient reward for their investments and efforts over the years.
To personally sell their shares for vast sums will forever categorise them in a completely different light.If things afterwards went wrong they would go from heroes to villains in a very short space of time.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:30 - Oct 30 with 1309 viewsmonmouth

'investment'; 'improvement'; 'next level'

All a load of disingenuous crap as cover for cashing in. Look boys, we all understand ok, and we would all probably want to do the same thing in your circumstances, but stop all the bollux and lets just have the truth shall we? You can have the money, but you aint going to be heroes afterwards, whatever your vanity hollywood treatment might try to portray. So be grubby money driven humans like the rest of us, but give all the spin a rest is it?

Or better still, be real heroes, don't sell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:54 - Oct 30 with 1269 viewsLeonisGod

so how is that nonsense?

Because it's not true.

Investors want to get their money back, normally at any cost. The Trust represent the fans and I'm glad they're asking questions that need to be answered. I'm not in any way against investment but everyone has to be sure it's not going to compromise what we have here - which is an ownership model and business plan often held up as the role model. So no (new) investors, no money is simply a fallacy, as our accounts show.
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 09:04 - Oct 30 with 1243 views_

Well I don't think their PR offensive has or is quite going to plan.

Did they really think or hope it would while we watch them turn into Tenth Floor?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:01 - Oct 30 with 1182 viewstomdickharry

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 07:54 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

What has changed? Mostly the value of their shares in the club I'd imagine.

And that possibly is one reason why some shareholders could want to cash in,if we are relegated share price will plummet. The old saying "Money is the route of all evil has stood the test of time".
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:06 - Oct 30 with 1173 viewswaynekerr55

So much for 'a club run by fans for the fans' if rumours are to be believed

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 1137 viewsicecoldjack

Lots of good comments here.

There just seems to be too many contradictions these days IMO.

We had huw saying our footballing principles were being eroded, but the football looked the same.

That We live within our means, but now we are saying we cant really manage without outside help.

That the stadium expansion will happen if we stay inthe premier league,4 yrs later..

That we arnt the type of club to spend huge amounts on players ,then payimg 12,5m for bony.

It does then get a bit difficult to know exactly what they mean !

Its such a delicate thing, they want the cash but love the club, they built the club up and deserve reward .

Its hard to say anything bad about the sitation other than i cant think of anyone other than chelsea and man city who have owners that arnt concerned about money!
They wont be buying into the swans for football but to make cash.

Before anyone thinks this will be a good thing consider the Everton FC . Kenwright has effectively had the club for sale for years but has refused to sell it to people who dont have money and the love of football at heart, now everton is a massive club compared to us and has been crying out for investors for years but kenwright knows that most people out there are just looking to make cash out of the club and nothing else.

Its a sobering thought that the likes of everton cant find te right money to take them forward but we seem to be looking at te first man through the door to cash in nd get out.

There is no doubt alot more to this than i know about, if its a consortium that means they are skint anywy! If you cant afford us on your own then you really dont have much money to play with .

It all sounds a bit iffy to me but i admit to knowing next to fook all about it!
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:44 - Oct 30 with 1116 viewsSwansNZ

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:33 - Oct 30 by icecoldjack

Lots of good comments here.

There just seems to be too many contradictions these days IMO.

We had huw saying our footballing principles were being eroded, but the football looked the same.

That We live within our means, but now we are saying we cant really manage without outside help.

That the stadium expansion will happen if we stay inthe premier league,4 yrs later..

That we arnt the type of club to spend huge amounts on players ,then payimg 12,5m for bony.

It does then get a bit difficult to know exactly what they mean !

Its such a delicate thing, they want the cash but love the club, they built the club up and deserve reward .

Its hard to say anything bad about the sitation other than i cant think of anyone other than chelsea and man city who have owners that arnt concerned about money!
They wont be buying into the swans for football but to make cash.

Before anyone thinks this will be a good thing consider the Everton FC . Kenwright has effectively had the club for sale for years but has refused to sell it to people who dont have money and the love of football at heart, now everton is a massive club compared to us and has been crying out for investors for years but kenwright knows that most people out there are just looking to make cash out of the club and nothing else.

Its a sobering thought that the likes of everton cant find te right money to take them forward but we seem to be looking at te first man through the door to cash in nd get out.

There is no doubt alot more to this than i know about, if its a consortium that means they are skint anywy! If you cant afford us on your own then you really dont have much money to play with .

It all sounds a bit iffy to me but i admit to knowing next to fook all about it!

Great post.

Are the board really going to sell their shares, or is this just a smoke screen to deflect any criticism when they take huge dividends instead?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:57 - Oct 30 with 1100 viewsllanedeyrnjack

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 08:30 - Oct 30 by monmouth

'investment'; 'improvement'; 'next level'

All a load of disingenuous crap as cover for cashing in. Look boys, we all understand ok, and we would all probably want to do the same thing in your circumstances, but stop all the bollux and lets just have the truth shall we? You can have the money, but you aint going to be heroes afterwards, whatever your vanity hollywood treatment might try to portray. So be grubby money driven humans like the rest of us, but give all the spin a rest is it?

Or better still, be real heroes, don't sell.

^This

Roses are red, Violets are Blue, Some Rhymes do but this one don't

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 11:14 - Oct 30 with 1074 viewsicecoldjack

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:44 - Oct 30 by SwansNZ

Great post.

Are the board really going to sell their shares, or is this just a smoke screen to deflect any criticism when they take huge dividends instead?

You say something there fella.

Considering how often the oppositei is true RE news on the swans. I tend to agree with you!

Get everyone wound up about a tan type take over then people will actally be celebrating when they pull an extra few million quid out in dividend..everyones happy, though some more than others ! Lol
do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 11:19 - Oct 30 with 1068 views_

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 11:14 - Oct 30 by icecoldjack

You say something there fella.

Considering how often the oppositei is true RE news on the swans. I tend to agree with you!

Get everyone wound up about a tan type take over then people will actally be celebrating when they pull an extra few million quid out in dividend..everyones happy, though some more than others ! Lol

I've been monitoring that for a good while now....

by the way, Ice, where are you living then?

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 11:42 - Oct 30 with 1043 viewstomdickharry

do we need a minority share interest in the club to provide better facilities? on 10:06 - Oct 30 by waynekerr55

So much for 'a club run by fans for the fans' if rumours are to be believed

That scenario went out of the window when Dividends were paid out. Human nature and the love of £SD is now the order of the day,the Trust can say what they like if shareholders wish to sell their shares they can do so and possibly retire to the South of France without any regard for us fans,examples the dazzling floodlights and flashing LED AD's in front of fans in East Stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024