Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane 08:54 - Oct 10 with 7325 viewsWokingR

Always thought of Roy Keane as a bit of a nutjob however information has just come to light leading me to fall completely in love with the man

"Aston Villa assistant boss Roy Keane says Jose Mourinho is a "disgrace" and the Chelsea manager was lucky he did not punch him when he attempted to shake his hand before the end of Villa's 3-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge last month. (Daily Telegraph)"
Roy Keane on 12:32 - Oct 10 with 2380 viewsrsonist

The more he speaks out the sadder and stupider man he's showing himself to be.
Roy Keane on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 2373 viewsPommyhoop

I'm going to get hold of his book for definate. I've always liked Roy. A real person. Apparently his latest book explores his 'weaker side',insecurities and all that...

Just a reminder of my 1st post in the beginnings of this thread.
A 'real' person means someone who cant hide his 'real' self .I think his book will be a far better read than H's second publication. Roy Keane is real .No bullshit. Like him or loathe him.
H is just .H..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Roy Keane on 12:57 - Oct 10 with 2338 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Roy Keane on 12:23 - Oct 10 by Jamie

With this much media exposure, he'll be rapidly shooting up the shortlist to replace Arry.

Jesus.

Could you imagine him and Taraabt working together. Roy would chop him up and bury him at Harlington.
Roy Keane on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 2317 viewsWokingR

Roy Keane on 12:57 - Oct 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jesus.

Could you imagine him and Taraabt working together. Roy would chop him up and bury him at Harlington.

You might have finally found a way to motivate Adel
Roy Keane on 13:11 - Oct 10 with 2299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Roy Keane on 13:03 - Oct 10 by WokingR

You might have finally found a way to motivate Adel

Either that or a Mars bar dangled from a stick.
Roy Keane on 13:41 - Oct 10 with 2264 viewsMonahoop

Roy Keane on 09:14 - Oct 10 by smegma

I think he's an A1 prize c-nt. what he did to Alfe Inge Haaland was scandalous and he got away with it because of who he played for. Puts his feelings about the incident in a book and the authorities did jack. He deliberately went to hurt the player and did some serious damage. In any other walk of life he would've been banged up.

Also walked out of the Irish squad before the Japan WC.

Why would anyone want to buy this sorry persons book? Here in Ireland we've heard nothing but anything, about this hate filled tome of his. Sod Ebola or IS, this is Roy Keane! Roy 'snake in the grass' Keane!
All his life it would seem he lives in a bubble of hatred and mistrust. He never looks at his own short comings. It's generally someone else's fault. Just look at him. Would you really trust him?
The only good he does is campaign on behalf of Guide Dogs for the Blind Ireland. He seems to relate better to dogs. Perhaps he was one in his previous life!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Roy Keane on 13:46 - Oct 10 with 2250 viewsSpiritofGregory

Roy Keane on 09:25 - Oct 10 by Pommyhoop

Goodfellas.
Roy Keane on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 2240 viewsSpiritofGregory

Great Captain. Fantastic signing by Ferguson.
Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane on 14:03 - Oct 10 with 2232 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Roy Keane on 13:41 - Oct 10 by Monahoop

Why would anyone want to buy this sorry persons book? Here in Ireland we've heard nothing but anything, about this hate filled tome of his. Sod Ebola or IS, this is Roy Keane! Roy 'snake in the grass' Keane!
All his life it would seem he lives in a bubble of hatred and mistrust. He never looks at his own short comings. It's generally someone else's fault. Just look at him. Would you really trust him?
The only good he does is campaign on behalf of Guide Dogs for the Blind Ireland. He seems to relate better to dogs. Perhaps he was one in his previous life!

He's actually a very decent fella (like all Corkonians I know Roy, Sonia, JB and used to live next door to Ringy). He's charitable works for family and friends are unreal, some of them beggar belief.

He came up troubled, and it shows. For what it's worth I usually find that he's right in what he says but I have little time for how he says it. The Corkonians I adore are the hard, calculating ones who are modest and discreet in public. Not easily done, but Ringy, JB and Denis Irwin all managed it.

Keane would be the first to admit that he has a trigger temper, and he wouldn't be proud of it, but some of his comments recently are either twisted, bizarre or both. I've long since stopped listening, as have most people down here. A sign in itself maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Roy Keane on 14:28 - Oct 10 with 2202 viewsToast_R

Roy Keane on 13:41 - Oct 10 by Monahoop

Because it's interesting he's done things in a game we all adore. He's a been a c*nt and a decent bloke, told some home truths and occasionally said too much but it makes an interesting story.

There's plenty of unsavoury characters who have books which make interesting reads. Lenny Mclean, Carlton Leach or even that bastard who started WW2. Just because you read their book or books about them does not mean you agree with them or idolise them, it's just that you find their story interesting.

Now if someone said why would you buy, say Katie Price's book, I'd simply not have an answer unless the price of bog roll inflated hideously.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 14:40]
Roy Keane on 14:37 - Oct 10 with 2186 viewsterryb

Roy Keane on 09:55 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

If he was QPR manager at the moment, wouldn't you rather listen to his press conferences then the bull sh*t we get to hear from Harry twice a week?

He is still regarded in Ipswich as the worst manager they have ever employed & his press conferences were not a joy for the Tractor Boys faithful. They were very similar to our Harry's!

Another man who regards himself as not capable of ever doing wrong & always blaming others.

How little did he sell Jordan Rhodes for & make a multi million pound buy of Thomas Priskin as a replacment? That would fit in well with out transfer policty though!

Some people like the man. That is your choice, but don't ever think that is universal or that he is a good manager.
Roy Keane on 14:45 - Oct 10 with 2176 viewspaulparker

Roy Keane on 14:37 - Oct 10 by terryb

He is still regarded in Ipswich as the worst manager they have ever employed & his press conferences were not a joy for the Tractor Boys faithful. They were very similar to our Harry's!

Another man who regards himself as not capable of ever doing wrong & always blaming others.

How little did he sell Jordan Rhodes for & make a multi million pound buy of Thomas Priskin as a replacment? That would fit in well with out transfer policty though!

Some people like the man. That is your choice, but don't ever think that is universal or that he is a good manager.

he also spunked 8 million on Anton Ferdinand
9 million on Craig Gordon
5 million on Michael Chopra
6 million on Kenwyn Jones
5 million on George mcartney
3 million on el hadj diof
plus all the ex man utd rejects like liam miller, Dwight yorke etc

I'd say he would fit in well at QPR given a blank chq book by uncle tone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Roy Keane on 15:17 - Oct 10 with 2138 viewsMonahoop

Roy Keane on 14:03 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

He's actually a very decent fella (like all Corkonians I know Roy, Sonia, JB and used to live next door to Ringy). He's charitable works for family and friends are unreal, some of them beggar belief.

He came up troubled, and it shows. For what it's worth I usually find that he's right in what he says but I have little time for how he says it. The Corkonians I adore are the hard, calculating ones who are modest and discreet in public. Not easily done, but Ringy, JB and Denis Irwin all managed it.

Keane would be the first to admit that he has a trigger temper, and he wouldn't be proud of it, but some of his comments recently are either twisted, bizarre or both. I've long since stopped listening, as have most people down here. A sign in itself maybe.

Sorry Brian but I simply can't warm to him regardless where is from or what he does charitable wise. He's a bully, full of bile and self gratification, traits I hate in a person. He'll do anything to gain attention to himself, hence another book. There are two Roy Keane camps. Hate him or love him. There are no neutrals. I'm firmly in the former camp.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Roy Keane on 16:33 - Oct 10 with 2083 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Roy Keane on 15:17 - Oct 10 by Monahoop

Sorry Brian but I simply can't warm to him regardless where is from or what he does charitable wise. He's a bully, full of bile and self gratification, traits I hate in a person. He'll do anything to gain attention to himself, hence another book. There are two Roy Keane camps. Hate him or love him. There are no neutrals. I'm firmly in the former camp.

Oh, I feel your pain. As I say I'd prefer my sports heroes to be more modest and Corinthian. I don't know him well enough or care enough about him to defend him, just adding a bit of background, for what it's worth.

Roy Keane on 19:59 - Oct 10 with 2019 viewsCamberleyR

No excuse needed to post this

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Roy Keane on 20:19 - Oct 10 with 1945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1902854_879154615

Liam Ó Ruiséal's Bookshop window in Cork City. No sacred cows here.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 20:21]

Roy Keane on 17:01 - Oct 12 with 1757 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This may change (or not not) some of your views on the man:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-redknapp-hits-back-
Roy Keane on 20:16 - Oct 12 with 1669 viewsthemodfather

keane and kp just want to sell their book so will talk any shite to do this.
same for most of em....pesronally if someone gave me a copy of these books, and if i was dying of the cold, i wouldn't use em to heat myself up!!
Roy Keane on 08:22 - Oct 13 with 1542 viewstimcocking

I really like Roy Keane.

Proper nutter though.
Roy Keane on 16:22 - Oct 14 with 1436 viewsRaymond

RIP off of a scene from goodfellas.
Roy Keane on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 1407 viewsA40Bosh

Roy Keane on 09:14 - Oct 10 by smegma

I think he's an A1 prize c-nt. what he did to Alfe Inge Haaland was scandalous and he got away with it because of who he played for. Puts his feelings about the incident in a book and the authorities did jack. He deliberately went to hurt the player and did some serious damage. In any other walk of life he would've been banged up.

Also walked out of the Irish squad before the Japan WC.

That's the beauty of forums, opinions can be often be stated without the subject/object having a right of reply. What we see here are some opinions perhaps formed solely based on the "headlines" in the media without access to the full picture. Roy Keane is all the things he is claimed to be, both good and bad. Like many successful people in many walks of life there is a single-mindedness which borders on arrogance and ruthlessness which may offend those who do not benefit directly from the plus side of their driven personality, but without those other attributes they would not be the success they are. So I accept that.

I read his first book and have just started the second on my Kindle. Not because I love him, not because I am a Man U supporter, but I am intrigued by him as a fellow Irishman and as a football fan and want to give him his opportunity to put his side of events which he states as well are his opinion.

A quick snippet from the book has him taking the position that his initial comments about "that tackle" were worded by Eamon Dunphy as his ghost writer and he realizes now that he should have paid more attention to what Dunphy wrote and how he worded that section. He gives his opinion on the situation, which he is not proud of but he still denies that he went into that tackle with the intention of causing the other player actual "damage". Yes he went in hard and wanted him to know about it. Now, he has written it a second time and you either take him at his word that as he appears to often tell it as it is, then he is telling the truth or you simply think he is trying to cover up and deny the real intention. The choice is yours.

It also can be argued that whilst he was not sent to prison for it, his told financial loss from what was written in the original book totaled £400,000, even for a footballer that is hardly getting away with it.

A first cousin of his is in our social circle, as is his aunt, and they will of course tell you that he is very much a different person to the one portrayed as this psycho nutter by those who see him through the media portrayal.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Roy Keane on 17:55 - Oct 14 with 1391 viewsscot1963

I haven't given him the time of day before but I just happened to catch him on football focus and he changed my opinion of him to a certain extent - he was interesting to listen to and, dare I say, almost charming in a terse way
Roy Keane on 00:54 - Oct 15 with 1310 viewsWallyRanger

I know everyone points to his spending of £1million on Tamas Priskin as proof he's not a good manager, but everytime Roy Keane is mentioned, the first thing that pops into my head is a post match interview on the Football League Show whilst he was at Ipswich, was terrifying stuff, kind of sums up the man imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024