Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks 15:09 - Jul 12 with 7160 viewsWeaverQPR

I'm a lager man myself and don't stray too far from it. Faves in no particular order

Peroni
Estrella
Desperado.

I stay well clear of Carling/Fosters will take carlsberg at a push. Don't mind the odd koppaberg fruity cider.

@WeavQPR

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 01:23 - Jul 14 with 975 viewsSonofNorfolt

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 23:05 - Jul 12 by 100percent

I'm 18 years sober now - ironically this year was a water shed moment as I realised that I had been not drinking as long as I had been drinking - if that makes sense.
I don't miss it as much as I used to early doors, but sometimes - most times - I really yearn for a light and bitter - a nice bottle of light ale and half a pint of Ben Trumans....
Funnily enough, I don't miss the lagers at all and there are a lot of drinks in the market now that I've never actually tasted, Also a proper gin and tonic - sometimes I get the whiff of a good gin and it really makes my day.
glad to see that you all enjoy your alcohol....... b'stards... ha ha.......

Next time I see you I'm going to wear that new fragrance by Faberge, 'Gin' for men.

Fuller's Pride is the perfect bitter.
Rothaus, a pilsner from the Black Forest, is my fav lager.
Most of what comes out of Belgium.
Red Bordeaux Grand Cru's.
Vintage Champagne.
7 plus years old dark rum.

On the down side, Budweiser, chemical pizz, whisky, I want to like it but just don't, and tequila which makes me heave.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 08:02 - Jul 14 with 932 viewswestberksr

Very depending on my mood and environment, although never touch spirits or any artificially coloured bitch piss.

When at the jump races (especially in Ireland) it has to be the guiness, when it is hot I tend to go for a decent lager like a peroni (just hit a fiver a pint in the local, wtf!) Or similar.

With the old boys in the local a doombar hits the spot and for meals a malbec with red meat and a nice sauvignon or Chablis with chicken or fish.

The main thing for draught though is that the pipes are managed properly; the best beer from crap pipes is nowhere near as good as a pint of Aussie piss from a decent pipe. I also suffer with horrendous dehydration headaches so have to take it easy most of the time
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 08:39 - Jul 14 with 922 viewsMetallica_Hoop

IPA (red or blond) fruity ales and JD. (not in same glass)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 09:10 - Jul 14 with 914 viewsDiscodroid

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 08:02 - Jul 14 by westberksr

Very depending on my mood and environment, although never touch spirits or any artificially coloured bitch piss.

When at the jump races (especially in Ireland) it has to be the guiness, when it is hot I tend to go for a decent lager like a peroni (just hit a fiver a pint in the local, wtf!) Or similar.

With the old boys in the local a doombar hits the spot and for meals a malbec with red meat and a nice sauvignon or Chablis with chicken or fish.

The main thing for draught though is that the pipes are managed properly; the best beer from crap pipes is nowhere near as good as a pint of Aussie piss from a decent pipe. I also suffer with horrendous dehydration headaches so have to take it easy most of the time

peroni a fiver a pint.!!

i know i'll probably be on my own here(like my love of castle lager), but for me peroni is like the emperors new clothes, nice glass, bottle advertising and all that but to me its a very average yet expensive pint..

i even got into the real ale/bitter/pale ale / micro brewery camera type stuff for a while.

standing in the isles for 4 hours choosing a woody ale with sediment in the bottom akin to the power pills you got in the bottle of amyl nitrate.

i came to the conclusion its all crap, perhaps i should try again.

im embarrased to say i hate wine, never got into it.even in the city, er indoors is a member of some wine club and waxes lyrical about the grape.

i only ever drink bottled lager at home, never cans, 25 years on drugs cut with ajax, harpic and vim have destroyed my digestive tract and im on about 10 rennies and peptibismol (anti reflux)a day.

lager in cans is just to gassy and acrid.
havent had a can for about 4 years.

have to say the first pint i bought in a pub was 'long life' in 1984 75p... i was nowt but a young slip of a lad , 16 with the whole world in front of me............

when castlemaine came in around 1985/6 it was like something from the kuiper belt , what is this life giving elexier at 85p a pint!!

i shall get on this exotic aussie mead , and listen to alexander oneal and cherrelle sing 'saturday love ' in my capri fingering a girl with a newham council rent book stamped to her arse.

my formative years were just like malcom mcdowells in public schoolboy cult film 'if', only the east end comprehensive version with evo stick and working up chimneys.

(*just for clarity, a non qpr post )
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 9:12]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 09:28 - Jul 14 with 901 viewsgordanoR

Anything Belgian really apart from the Lambics & the fruit based stuff. All the Trappist stuff is great & you don't need much of it.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 10:19 - Jul 14 with 884 viewswestberksr

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 09:10 - Jul 14 by Discodroid

peroni a fiver a pint.!!

i know i'll probably be on my own here(like my love of castle lager), but for me peroni is like the emperors new clothes, nice glass, bottle advertising and all that but to me its a very average yet expensive pint..

i even got into the real ale/bitter/pale ale / micro brewery camera type stuff for a while.

standing in the isles for 4 hours choosing a woody ale with sediment in the bottom akin to the power pills you got in the bottle of amyl nitrate.

i came to the conclusion its all crap, perhaps i should try again.

im embarrased to say i hate wine, never got into it.even in the city, er indoors is a member of some wine club and waxes lyrical about the grape.

i only ever drink bottled lager at home, never cans, 25 years on drugs cut with ajax, harpic and vim have destroyed my digestive tract and im on about 10 rennies and peptibismol (anti reflux)a day.

lager in cans is just to gassy and acrid.
havent had a can for about 4 years.

have to say the first pint i bought in a pub was 'long life' in 1984 75p... i was nowt but a young slip of a lad , 16 with the whole world in front of me............

when castlemaine came in around 1985/6 it was like something from the kuiper belt , what is this life giving elexier at 85p a pint!!

i shall get on this exotic aussie mead , and listen to alexander oneal and cherrelle sing 'saturday love ' in my capri fingering a girl with a newham council rent book stamped to her arse.

my formative years were just like malcom mcdowells in public schoolboy cult film 'if', only the east end comprehensive version with evo stick and working up chimneys.

(*just for clarity, a non qpr post )
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 9:12]

love the reference to Cherrelle, i'm of exactly the same age and was chatting to a girl from one of the banks with the same name only last Friday. asked in passing how old she was (sounding a bit 'Rolf' by accident), 27 was the reply to which i had to ask, "not named after the singer?". "yes Mum loved her and Alexander O'Neal" was the response, so it might have been her Mum you were fingering; or any other number of young 'ladies' that ended up with a daughter called Cherrelle!

Peroni is the only premium lager our local sells so it's that or Fosters; rest of them are ales. as it's the one I'm indulging in most often it was the first to spring to mind. try not to drink at home (middle age spread) and rarely have more than a couple though as more often than not popping in on the way home from a meeting and don't need a tug for DD, often go for a Fosters top to be safe; must be the only lager that is improved by lemonade; Aussie piss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024