Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Australian's find possible plane debris 07:39 - Mar 20 with 1462 viewsbosh67

Looks like the Australians may have finally sighted plane debris in the Indian ocean from the Malaysian flight this morning. There was a very credible theory from a pilot last night that the tyres on the plane may have been under inflated on takeoff and started an electrical fire. That would have turned off all the transponders and if the crew and passengers were overcome with smoke then the captain or co pilot may have tried to put an autopilot setting in to reach a nearby airport. Then, if everyone was overcome the plane could have flown on for hours before reaching maximum threshold and breaking up. Either way it would have been a 'ghost ship' as it were for quite a few hours. This happened before in Athens. Very sad but at least it looks like the families may get some answers and closure soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Australian's find possible plane debris on 08:18 - Mar 20 with 1411 viewsRangersDave

Well if it s then all well and good for the families if you understand what I'm saying.

However the tyre theory and incapacitation of the crewe falls down because the plane firstly turned back and flew on for another hour or so after saying goodnight, then without ACARS apparently defended to low level, and then turned to a completely new vector all by itself which wasn't even on its flight plan and in the middle if nowhere. 1200miles south west of Perth is somewhere you'd go to have a reasonable chance of never being found I'd have thought, not somewhere the plane itself arbitrarily decided to fly itself.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Australian's find possible plane debris on 09:59 - Mar 20 with 1340 viewsRockandchips

Why hasn't the ELT been activated then?

Pass the vinegar you bastard.

Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:15 - Mar 20 with 1318 viewsAndyB

Australian's find possible plane debris on 09:59 - Mar 20 by Rockandchips

Why hasn't the ELT been activated then?

Yep - thats what I keep asking. Can be activated manually or automatically on high impact or contact with water.
Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 1313 viewsToast_R

Fireman don't get overcome by smoke because they usually have oxygen masks.

Planes carry hundreds of them.
Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:20 - Mar 20 with 1296 viewsAntti_Heinola

Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:16 - Mar 20 by Toast_R

Fireman don't get overcome by smoke because they usually have oxygen masks.

Planes carry hundreds of them.

they only last for 15 minutes.

Bare bones.

Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:27 - Mar 20 with 1288 viewsRockandchips

If there was fire onboard why no mayday?
If the hull suffered sudden depressurisation a la Payne Stewart the hull would have been breached and any crash in water would have killed off the cellphones(still ringing apparently)and set off the ELT.
If i were a terrorist the first thing I'd do would be to confiscate all the passengers' phones.

Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 1280 viewsToast_R

Enough time to send a distress signal then?

Besides, the sattelite Ping location and timing blows the theory.. allegedly.
Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:34 - Mar 20 with 1275 viewsRockandchips

All very redolent of the Tintin "Flight 714" book.But probably without the aliens.

Login to get fewer ads

Australian's find possible plane debris on 11:40 - Mar 20 with 1225 viewsHooparoo

Aussies. We sort it out.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Australian's find possible plane debris on 11:46 - Mar 20 with 1214 viewsTheChef

Australian's find possible plane debris on 10:34 - Mar 20 by Rockandchips

All very redolent of the Tintin "Flight 714" book.But probably without the aliens.

Or 'Lost'.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Australian's find possible plane debris on 14:23 - Mar 20 with 1123 viewspomanjou

As I said a couple of days ago, I sort of favour the likelehood that it has been hijacked and its been landed on some remote abandoned airfield at minimum weight having used up or dumped most of the fuel.

You then get the passengers off and 'sort em out' and load it with fissionable material for a low weight, short takeoff for a kamakazi ride into something.

Thats why they are still looking..........

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Australian's find possible plane debris on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 1107 viewsRockandchips

Australian's find possible plane debris on 14:23 - Mar 20 by pomanjou

As I said a couple of days ago, I sort of favour the likelehood that it has been hijacked and its been landed on some remote abandoned airfield at minimum weight having used up or dumped most of the fuel.

You then get the passengers off and 'sort em out' and load it with fissionable material for a low weight, short takeoff for a kamakazi ride into something.

Thats why they are still looking..........

Element of surprise may have been lost as the military will be looking for "ghost" planes.If not a crash then the passenger manifest makes interesting reading.Might just be political blackmail as with Dawson's Field.

Australian's find possible plane debris on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 1096 viewspomanjou

Australian's find possible plane debris on 14:33 - Mar 20 by Rockandchips

Element of surprise may have been lost as the military will be looking for "ghost" planes.If not a crash then the passenger manifest makes interesting reading.Might just be political blackmail as with Dawson's Field.

Once its back in the air then the surprise is back on as whether it hits its target or gets shot down its going to be a hell of a BANG.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Australian's find possible plane debris on 15:16 - Mar 20 with 1054 viewsjamois

Debris planted by US Naval Intelligence (yes, it's an oxymoron)

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024