Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom 16:26 - Mar 3 with 1777 viewsDull1Thomas

Will someone be brought in to help Monk before this game.

I'm not suggesting Monk should go but he looks like he needs help.
If illness affected the team then plan B was needed from the off against Palace.
This suggests Monk doesn't trust / rate a lot of the squad.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

West Brom on 16:27 - Mar 3 with 1771 viewsRancid

Oh phuck off and go shopping or something.
West Brom on 16:28 - Mar 3 with 1765 viewsRancid

I can't believe the shit i've read on here today about Monk and yesterday.
West Brom on 16:28 - Mar 3 with 1765 viewsLeonisGod

West Brom on 16:27 - Mar 3 by Rancid

Well said
West Brom on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 1739 viewsDull1Thomas

West Brom on 16:27 - Mar 3 by Rancid

ooh That was big and clever.

So all is well?

West Brom on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 1735 viewsscottishjack

West Brom on 16:28 - Mar 3 by Rancid

I can't believe the shit i've read on here today about Monk and yesterday.

As a general rule, I steer clear of here for a couple days if we don't get a result! But I couldn't help having a look...some astonishing stuff on here?
West Brom on 16:36 - Mar 3 with 1699 viewsairedale

West Brom on 16:32 - Mar 3 by scottishjack

As a general rule, I steer clear of here for a couple days if we don't get a result! But I couldn't help having a look...some astonishing stuff on here?

Gave you a bit of business before the match yesterday SJ. No sign of you though.
West Brom on 16:40 - Mar 3 with 1665 viewsRancid

West Brom on 16:32 - Mar 3 by Dull1Thomas

ooh That was big and clever.

So all is well?

Yes all is well.We played like fannys second half and Palace played like a side fighting tooth and nail to stay up.Have you just witnessed the 7 days we've had?
West Brom on 16:41 - Mar 3 with 1664 viewsscottishjack

West Brom on 16:36 - Mar 3 by airedale

Gave you a bit of business before the match yesterday SJ. No sign of you though.

Left for the Liberty around 3 mate...
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom on 16:43 - Mar 3 with 1645 viewsairedale

West Brom on 16:41 - Mar 3 by scottishjack

Oh, we got there about 2:10 to watch the match and left about the same time as you, so we could have another drink at my club before the game.
West Brom on 16:46 - Mar 3 with 1626 viewsDull1Thomas

West Brom on 16:40 - Mar 3 by Rancid

Yes all is well.We played like fannys second half and Palace played like a side fighting tooth and nail to stay up.Have you just witnessed the 7 days we've had?

Are you trying to be ironic?
Anyway .. yes I have witnessed most of the last week (not Palace as I was getting back from Italy).
heroics against Liverpool .. a game we were unlikely to win.... then very tired players towards the end of the Napoli game which was thee for the taking and then meltdown for the whole of the second half against Palace - a game many were saying ahead of Saturday was a game we had to win.
Cut the cloth according to the need.

West Brom on 16:46 - Mar 3 with 1625 viewsA_Fans_Dad

West Brom on 16:41 - Mar 3 by scottishjack

The OP said "This suggests Monk doesn't trust / rate a lot of the squad."
Apart from Emnes on the bench, just who was left for him to "trust/rate", most of the other players were either ill or injured.
The fact that he had to resort to having Vasquez on the bench tells you how bad things were.
West Brom on 16:50 - Mar 3 with 1605 viewsscottishjack

West Brom on 16:43 - Mar 3 by airedale

Oh, we got there about 2:10 to watch the match and left about the same time as you, so we could have another drink at my club before the game.

I would've been sat at the tall table by the fruit machine with my lad and a couple of friends? If I'm going up to a match I usually knock it on the head a couple of hours before and try to switch off, leaving my good lady to do the worrying for the day!

Thinking about it, the only chance I get for some time off these days seems to be when the Swans are at home!
West Brom on 16:58 - Mar 3 with 1561 viewsperchrockjack

as can be expected in the circumstances yes.

Its not the time to make a change

just relax take it easy.

youre still young that's your fault there so much to understand..
fook me I got it MA

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

West Brom on 17:06 - Mar 3 with 1518 viewsbig_vern

West Brom on 16:46 - Mar 3 by Dull1Thomas

Are you trying to be ironic?
Anyway .. yes I have witnessed most of the last week (not Palace as I was getting back from Italy).
heroics against Liverpool .. a game we were unlikely to win.... then very tired players towards the end of the Napoli game which was thee for the taking and then meltdown for the whole of the second half against Palace - a game many were saying ahead of Saturday was a game we had to win.
Cut the cloth according to the need.

Fair play, you have as much knowledge of football as a north American squirrel.
West Brom on 17:31 - Mar 3 with 1456 viewsDull1Thomas

West Brom on 17:06 - Mar 3 by big_vern

Fair play, you have as much knowledge of football as a north American squirrel.

West Brom on 18:46 - Mar 3 with 1342 viewsMattG

That OP is just all kinds of wrong.

Given the squad we have, what "Plan B" would you suggest? Perhaps Monk hoped (as, I would suggest, we would all have done in his situation) that Ash and Wilf could get through the full 90 minutes. Would you rather he played Amat and Lita from the start?

The only thing Monk arguably got wrong yesterday was putting Lita on instead of Emnes when he took Wilf off. We even found a way to score against a team that, for 99% of the first half, had 11 men behind the ball - name the last time we managed that?

In terms of someone being brought in before the WBA game, any suggestions? And when (if) you answer, please try and limit yourself to people who are (a) available, (b) likely to want to come to Swansea and (c) better than what we already have.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 18:54]
West Brom on 18:56 - Mar 3 with 1308 viewsDull1Thomas

West Brom on 18:46 - Mar 3 by MattG

That OP is just all kinds of wrong.

Given the squad we have, what "Plan B" would you suggest? Perhaps Monk hoped (as, I would suggest, we would all have done in his situation) that Ash and Wilf could get through the full 90 minutes. Would you rather he played Amat and Lita from the start?

The only thing Monk arguably got wrong yesterday was putting Lita on instead of Emnes when he took Wilf off. We even found a way to score against a team that, for 99% of the first half, had 11 men behind the ball - name the last time we managed that?

In terms of someone being brought in before the WBA game, any suggestions? And when (if) you answer, please try and limit yourself to people who are (a) available, (b) likely to want to come to Swansea and (c) better than what we already have.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 18:54]

I didn't say anyone should be brought only questioning whether it might happen given the board has appointed a player to run the club without any prior experience and could / should be looking at supporting their choice.

So why should I suggest anyone? I'm not on the board.

I take it from your reply that you support using players who are unfit?

Plan B?
Isn't a lack of plan B why Laudrup was under the cosh?

West Brom on 19:05 - Mar 3 with 1282 viewsMattG

West Brom on 18:56 - Mar 3 by Dull1Thomas

I didn't say anyone should be brought only questioning whether it might happen given the board has appointed a player to run the club without any prior experience and could / should be looking at supporting their choice.

So why should I suggest anyone? I'm not on the board.

I take it from your reply that you support using players who are unfit?

Plan B?
Isn't a lack of plan B why Laudrup was under the cosh?

Nice wriggling.

You said in your OP that Monk "looks like he needs help" - you didn't suggest that it might happen, simply that you thought it should. If you can't think of anyone that would fit the bill, that's OK.

There's a difference between being unwell and being unfit.

And if we must talk about Laudrup, I would suggest that it was more the nature of his Plan B - sit back and try to hold on for a draw - rather than the lack of one that wound people up. So I repeat my question - given the shape of our squad (which GM can now do nothing about) what sort of Plan B do you suggest?
West Brom on 19:20 - Mar 3 with 1232 viewsDull1Thomas

West Brom on 19:05 - Mar 3 by MattG

Nice wriggling.

You said in your OP that Monk "looks like he needs help" - you didn't suggest that it might happen, simply that you thought it should. If you can't think of anyone that would fit the bill, that's OK.

There's a difference between being unwell and being unfit.

And if we must talk about Laudrup, I would suggest that it was more the nature of his Plan B - sit back and try to hold on for a draw - rather than the lack of one that wound people up. So I repeat my question - given the shape of our squad (which GM can now do nothing about) what sort of Plan B do you suggest?

The difference between being unwell and unfit is ….. you play below standard either way.
You can re-write ML history if you like … your problem.
As far as using other players / plan is concerned I don't know who was fit/ unwell / unwilling so any suggestion would elicit a 'I'm glad you not manager' type of response so there's no point.
Give the guy some help now so he succeeds or leave him to sink or swim and possibly kick him out in May.
As someone who likes Gary Monk and believes he generally has the right attitude, I want him to;
a) keep us up and
b) lead into season 2014/5

That doesn't mean I have to kiss any part of him because he's Garry Monk.

West Brom on 20:24 - Mar 3 with 1116 viewsMattG

West Brom on 19:20 - Mar 3 by Dull1Thomas

The difference between being unwell and unfit is ….. you play below standard either way.
You can re-write ML history if you like … your problem.
As far as using other players / plan is concerned I don't know who was fit/ unwell / unwilling so any suggestion would elicit a 'I'm glad you not manager' type of response so there's no point.
Give the guy some help now so he succeeds or leave him to sink or swim and possibly kick him out in May.
As someone who likes Gary Monk and believes he generally has the right attitude, I want him to;
a) keep us up and
b) lead into season 2014/5

That doesn't mean I have to kiss any part of him because he's Garry Monk.

You've just answered your own question - maybe personnel didn't permit a feasible "Plan B" on Sunday.

And I'm not suggesting you kiss anyone or anything - I was just looking for a bit of substance behind your moaning but there doesn't seem to have been any.
West Brom on 20:45 - Mar 3 with 1046 viewsmonmouth

Isn't the answer to Dull's question simply, "No"?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

West Brom on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 1021 viewsdulaisjack

West Brom on 20:45 - Mar 3 by monmouth

Isn't the answer to Dull's question simply, "No"?

guy suggesting the dull question needs the help not monk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024