Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? 16:32 - Feb 24 with 2575 viewsWxmJax

I thought that goalkeepers got sent off for handling the ball outside the area ?

I thought so at the time but not the most conclusive of views from my seat and not on MOTD2 but just seen it again on Liverpool TV on Sky 429 and it's most definitely hand ball outside the area, even the Liverpool commentator agreed. What with Skrtel not getting a second yellow card for the penalty and we should have been playing against 9 men.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:37 - Feb 24 with 2556 viewsValeJack

A referee with the guts to send one let alone two Liverpool players off in front of the Kop?! They simply don't exist.

I think the referee was unsure with the Bony penalty incident so went with giving the penalty but not the yellow.

Overall he's one of the weaker Prem referees anyway, ah well.
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:38 - Feb 24 with 2547 viewsNogginthenog

He did handle the ball outside the box but i doubt it would have been a sending off, as for Skirtl nuff said.
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:50 - Feb 24 with 2500 viewsbuilthjack

Skyrtl was a 100% second booking and a sending off. Ref bottled it, and in doing so gave them 3 points. Tw&t

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:53 - Feb 24 with 2477 viewsscottishjack

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:50 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Skyrtl was a 100% second booking and a sending off. Ref bottled it, and in doing so gave them 3 points. Tw&t

Before we give the ref a load of grief about Mignolet, surely the linesman had to make that call? Watched the replay and the ref wasn't in a position to call it, linesman at fault for missing it.
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 19:19 - Feb 24 with 2314 viewsJBT95

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 16:37 - Feb 24 by ValeJack

A referee with the guts to send one let alone two Liverpool players off in front of the Kop?! They simply don't exist.

I think the referee was unsure with the Bony penalty incident so went with giving the penalty but not the yellow.

Overall he's one of the weaker Prem referees anyway, ah well.

It wasn't in front of the Kop, it was in front of the Anfield Road end, I know, I was there!
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 20:59 - Feb 24 with 2214 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just because it was a penalty does not mean it is an automatic caution not EVERY foul is cautionable.

As for the handball he let it hit his chest and the ball rebounded onto his hand which was on the ground. Was it intentional or accidental hanball? Even if its intentional hand ball did it deny a goal scoring oppurtunity? Doubt we had anyone near enough to the ball to get a shot in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 22:14 - Feb 24 with 2114 viewsjack_lord

I have just done the Internet refereeing course and it appears that the keeper handling outside the area could be a yellow or red depending on intention or goal scoring opportunity. The referree would have to see it and determine the above.
I saw it and reckon that he had to handle it (unintentionally) but his clumsiness in not determining where the edge of his penalty box was meant that he could have stopped a goal scoring opportunity by his handling.

Red Card deffo :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 23:17 - Feb 24 with 2045 viewsWxmJax

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 20:59 - Feb 24 by felixstowe_jack

Just because it was a penalty does not mean it is an automatic caution not EVERY foul is cautionable.

As for the handball he let it hit his chest and the ball rebounded onto his hand which was on the ground. Was it intentional or accidental hanball? Even if its intentional hand ball did it deny a goal scoring oppurtunity? Doubt we had anyone near enough to the ball to get a shot in.

Nath was near by, surprised he didn't shout for it.

Login to get fewer ads

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 23:23 - Feb 24 with 2023 viewsfbreath

Mignolet was clever though as he got rid of the ball straight away not to give the ref much thinking time

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 09:07 - Feb 25 with 1876 viewsbig_vern

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 20:59 - Feb 24 by felixstowe_jack

Sorry, but you are wrong on the handball. Dyer was chasing the ball down as I recall. Pretty sure the last time I looked, a goalkeeper was not allowed to handle outside their area during play. And when they do, its usually because they have to. If there was no pressure on him, why did he need to take such a risk? There is no accidental handball as far a goalkeeper is concerned.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2014 23:02]
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 18:23 - Feb 25 with 1752 viewsDavillin

What interested me was that the video replays [about 4 or 5 different views] were run in series. One of them showed the ball completely outside the line and being handled, with a Swansea player close enough to have struck it. That view was never shown again - only the inconclusive views.

File that with the Bony penalty-shot-but-no-card incident.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 00:51 - Feb 26 with 1658 viewsTom1912

For the penalty, I'd only have given a second yellow if Bony would have got to the ball and Agger comfortably cleared it, so no sending off for me.

Mignolet tried to let go of the ball when he realised he was crossing over the line. He did but then it accidentally hit his arm. Free kick but no card.

Referee had a good game. His linesman really needed to give him a bit of help on that Mignolet handball-not sure how he missed it.
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 08:33 - Feb 26 with 1592 viewsbig_vern

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 00:51 - Feb 26 by Tom1912

For the penalty, I'd only have given a second yellow if Bony would have got to the ball and Agger comfortably cleared it, so no sending off for me.

Mignolet tried to let go of the ball when he realised he was crossing over the line. He did but then it accidentally hit his arm. Free kick but no card.

Referee had a good game. His linesman really needed to give him a bit of help on that Mignolet handball-not sure how he missed it.

Sorry Tom, but accidental hand ball is when someone blasts the ball at you from 3 yards out and you cant get out of the way. The keeper made a decision to catch the ball so close to the line and knew the risk involved. Like Davillin, I seen the re-run where the ball had completely crossed the line. He also fell over the ball and definitely handled it. No accident, he knew he had f*cked it up and was lucky.
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 12:19 - Feb 26 with 1541 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 08:33 - Feb 26 by big_vern

Sorry Tom, but accidental hand ball is when someone blasts the ball at you from 3 yards out and you cant get out of the way. The keeper made a decision to catch the ball so close to the line and knew the risk involved. Like Davillin, I seen the re-run where the ball had completely crossed the line. He also fell over the ball and definitely handled it. No accident, he knew he had f*cked it up and was lucky.

Funny how top team players are so "Lucky" isn't it?
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 14:12 - Feb 26 with 1496 viewsWxmJax

Well the whole match is on again this afternoon at 3pm on Liverpool TV Sky Channel 429 with 15 mins highlights at 5.15pm. Even the unbiased commentary thought he was lucky. Strange MOTD2 didn't pick up on it.

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 17:28 - Feb 26 with 1436 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have raised this issue before and it is pertinent to this post.
I have just been looking at our Fan's ratings for the Liverpool game, somehow they have rated the Referee higher than 11 of our Players and GM.
That is the same ref that didn't give Skrtel a yellow for the penalty, didn't protect our players from having lumps kicked out of them and being bashed about in general.
Is it due to the fact that most Fans don't bother to rate the Ref?
Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 01:43 - Feb 27 with 1377 viewsSwansNZ

Why did Mignolet and Skrtel stay on yesterday ? on 17:28 - Feb 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I have raised this issue before and it is pertinent to this post.
I have just been looking at our Fan's ratings for the Liverpool game, somehow they have rated the Referee higher than 11 of our Players and GM.
That is the same ref that didn't give Skrtel a yellow for the penalty, didn't protect our players from having lumps kicked out of them and being bashed about in general.
Is it due to the fact that most Fans don't bother to rate the Ref?

Maybe they are simply overjoyed at actually being awarded a penalty - does not happen very often

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024