Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respecting your old club by not celebrating 20:47 - Dec 9 with 3494 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sometimes i just don't understand it? Danny Graham not celebrating vs Swansea just seems stupid to me. Yes he played for them for like a season. Then they sold him when he couldnt get into the team. There is not a lot there to have great respect for. You now play for Hull, and have just scored a possibly important goal for them. I would rather go nuts and support my present team then give your old club respect.
Just as I thought it was stupid as to why RVP was getting slaughtered for celebrating vs Arsenal. He didnt last season, twice, yet he still got abuse off the fans, and he has just scored a goal in an important and high tenion match, i thought he had every right to celebrate, thats what football is all about. I understand when they leave on good terms, or by mutual respect, and their former club was good to then then they can respect them (like Aaron Ramsay) but when players like SWP score vs Chelsea for us, one of our best away results ever, he should go nuts instead of treating Chelsea with respect, even though they treated him like crap.

Right, little rant over, not having a go at any players just saying if i was in that position i would celebrate

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 20:58 - Dec 9 with 3472 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Carragher just now - "if Swansea score in the secind 'alf will the crowd not celebrate out of respect for Danny Graham?"

That's a great point!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:19 - Dec 9 with 3421 viewsMrSheen

It may not be intentional. He's probably just forgotten how.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:26 - Dec 9 with 3401 viewspompeyhoop

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 20:58 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Carragher just now - "if Swansea score in the secind 'alf will the crowd not celebrate out of respect for Danny Graham?"

That's a great point!

I could be wrong but I think I can remember Simon Barker celebrating after scoring agenist us! Or have I made that up?

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:29 - Dec 9 with 3396 viewsTrom

It's mainly because footballers are planks and if one does it they all have to do it.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:55 - Dec 9 with 3344 viewsWestonsuperR

I prefer to see players not celebrating against former clubs, nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect to the fans that supported you during your time at a club.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:01 - Dec 9 with 3332 viewsTrom

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:55 - Dec 9 by WestonsuperR

I prefer to see players not celebrating against former clubs, nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect to the fans that supported you during your time at a club.

Yeah but I suspect that's not really it. I suspect they think it's the cool thing to do.

They are just copying one another - I think respect for fans has very little to do with it personally.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:13 - Dec 9 with 3305 viewsTW_R

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:01 - Dec 9 by Trom

Yeah but I suspect that's not really it. I suspect they think it's the cool thing to do.

They are just copying one another - I think respect for fans has very little to do with it personally.

I suspect it's just to give some QPR fans something else to moan about

Who the f*ck cares whether a player celebrates a goal or not? If a player doesn't want to celebrate because he like his old club, so what. The whole celebration thing is completely over the top anyway. You've got players kissing badges when they've only played for the club 5 minutes, you've got players who suck their thumbs, kiss their wrists, make f*cking heart-shapes with their hands. The whole thing is an embarrassment.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 23:22 - Dec 9 with 3212 viewsamhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 23:27 - Dec 9 with 3206 viewsAntti_Heinola

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:26 - Dec 9 by pompeyhoop

I could be wrong but I think I can remember Simon Barker celebrating after scoring agenist us! Or have I made that up?

you have. it was the exact opposite.
Scored v us for Port Vale, clenched a fist, looked at the loft, then made a kind of apologetic gesture, showing respect. He got a round of applause. Class act. But he'd played for us for 10 years. Personally, I have no prob with people celebrating against former club. Some fans are far too bl00dy precious about things like that.

Bare bones.

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 23:45 - Dec 9 with 3187 viewsTacticalR

Couldn't he have shown his respect by not scoring in the first place?

Air hostess clique

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 09:49 - Dec 10 with 2991 viewseghamranger

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 23:22 - Dec 9 by amhoop

Good point, well made!
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 10:56 - Dec 10 with 2941 viewsJuzzie

I was too busy going mental to notice whether SWP was celebrating or not.

Players move around so often these days I don't see what they've got to be loyal about? The only thing they are loyal to is themselves, certainly not any club. When was the last time there was a testimonial for a player in the top two divisions? I can probably only think of the racist at Chelsea.

I could understand if a player like Barker chose not to celebrate scoring against us but a player who has only been at a club a short time and not featured much I would have thought would be happy to celebrate.

Rather than worrying about being disrespec' to your old club/fans, how about showing some passion for your current club/fans, you know, the ones who pay your vast salary.
SWP, for instance, must have know what that meant to us. If he'd being going loopy that would have made it all even better.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 11:00]
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:00 - Dec 10 with 2932 viewsRolfsson_Sweden

Soon, when pretty much every player has been in several clubs, no one will be celebrating when they score.
If you play for a club you pretty much get payed to celebrate with the fans, thats why they're at the game...

Olof Mellberg played like 25 games for Juventus back in 2008. When he equalized to 1-1 in Champions League two weeks ago, and the whole city of Copenhagen was celebrating - he wasn't. Ridiculous.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:01 - Dec 10 with 2931 viewsTheBlob

Clive Allen celebrated against us.

(e's a W...... stop that at once Blob)

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:12 - Dec 10 with 2916 viewsAntti_Heinola

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 10:56 - Dec 10 by Juzzie

I was too busy going mental to notice whether SWP was celebrating or not.

Players move around so often these days I don't see what they've got to be loyal about? The only thing they are loyal to is themselves, certainly not any club. When was the last time there was a testimonial for a player in the top two divisions? I can probably only think of the racist at Chelsea.

I could understand if a player like Barker chose not to celebrate scoring against us but a player who has only been at a club a short time and not featured much I would have thought would be happy to celebrate.

Rather than worrying about being disrespec' to your old club/fans, how about showing some passion for your current club/fans, you know, the ones who pay your vast salary.
SWP, for instance, must have know what that meant to us. If he'd being going loopy that would have made it all even better.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 11:00]

Good game idea - top level testimonials...
Terry, as you say. Lampard?
Giggs
Scholes
Steve Harper
Given when he was at newcastle i think
Matt rose probably the last with us...
Evra?

Testimonials werent that common in the old days either...

Bare bones.

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:14 - Dec 10 with 2913 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:01 - Dec 10 by TheBlob

Clive Allen celebrated against us.

(e's a W...... stop that at once Blob)

He also celebrated after scoring against Palarse for us in the FA cup quarter final by running the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of their fans, so guess it works both ways.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 12:08 - Dec 10 with 2869 viewsW7Ranger

I can remember one player going nuts when he scored against us after he'd left and that was Bradley Allen. Shouted dogs abuse at him at the time, but he's still an R in my eyes. And I rated him as good player for us. And it won't change because he celebrated a goal against us, that's his job at the end of the day.

Fair play to Barker, his natural instinct was to celebrate and then realised where he was and who he was against. Quality moment. But I wouldn't have held it against him had he celebrated.

SWP's celebration (or lack of it!) did annoy me I have to say. Wasn't a regular for them, hardly a Chelsea hero. It was a derby game against our biggest rivals, it was his first goal for us, and at the time was a very important goal for us!! Go nuts you fukking idiot!!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 12:11]
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 12:10 - Dec 10 with 2865 viewsGloryHunter

Bring back the 1950s - a quick manly handshake and back to your positions for kick-off.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 12:38 - Dec 10 with 2824 viewsizlingtonhoop

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 11:14 - Dec 10 by Sudbury_Hill_R

He also celebrated after scoring against Palarse for us in the FA cup quarter final by running the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of their fans, so guess it works both ways.

Caused a minor riot for which we and/or he got in trouble I seem to remember.
I remember his cousin Martin scoring for the Irons at the Boleyn Ground, last minute equaliser, and going nuts. They were all but down anyway.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 15:01 - Dec 10 with 2742 viewstoboboly

Gorkss didn't celebrate either time last year. Got applauded for it both times I seem to remember.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 16:37 - Dec 10 with 2696 viewsWestonsuperR

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:01 - Dec 9 by Trom

The cool thing to do? Not quite sure I understand what is cool about this, it's a personal choice. When you say thy are copying one another, what other options do they have? They either celebrate against a team they once played or they don't and I prefer a bit of respect to the fans that supports them and helped pay their wages.
Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 21:10 - Dec 10 with 2576 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:47 - Dec 10 with 2539 viewsTacticalR

So let's get this straight...the only time SWP has scored for us was when he didn't want to score.

Air hostess clique

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 18:01 - Dec 11 with 2437 viewsFredManRave

Respecting your old club by not celebrating on 22:47 - Dec 10 by TacticalR

So let's get this straight...the only time SWP has scored for us was when he didn't want to score.

Yeah, ironic isn't it. However, I'd go further and say that it wasn't only that he didn't want to score but he actually tried not to score. Let's face it when he normally tries the ball goes anywhere but in the goal (except for when he's "offside") and this time he actually tried not to score and guess what. Back of the net! Still at least he's consistent.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024